[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

What a bright way to start the Drama!

6% is easily the highest rating of cable tv kdrama currently and this is just the beginning.

We need to keep the momentum so we can reach 10% later on in the drama.

With my early prediction come true. I wish the second episode will be staying around 6-7% so it can keep up the pace. If they can keep up with the Fun and amazing story then the viewers growth will be coming itself

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, sharluvsenergy said:

I just saw the ratings online. Really awesome for a start! Let's hope it flies even higher with each episode!!

Nationwide     Seoul 

6.074%        6.558%

Really enjoyed episode 1. Thankful enough for the ratings and hope it would increase a bit more. 

• Like 6

I absolutely love the first episode! It was just so perfect. In fact it totally exceeded my expectation… The scenes were like that of a movie that time went by so fast. Park Ji Eun really has a knack in writing witty lines & funny situations more than enough to keep you mesmerized the entire time. The supporting casts also did splendidly with me especially loving YSR’s secretary and RJH’s fellow soldiers. And I appreciate how clearly it was woven in the story how YSR could have reached the North Korean land that it made me believe that yes, this might be plausible after all. Hyunbin was so handsome and totally perfect with not only his action scenes but also with his comedic but not-over-the-top reactions. And I totally agree with Son Yejin, I can’t imagine someone else who can take the Ri Jung Hyuk role other than him. As for Ri Jung Hyuk, how can he be so perfect: so manly, reliable and though there were only glimpses of it, such a sweet and patient man. And I have to hand it to SYJ, she plunged into her YSR character 100% not caring how unglamorized and how physically tough the scenes were. And can I just say that their onscreen chemistry was just so mind-blowing. That last cliff-hanger scene when he rescued her and their eyes met, wow, no words can express that chemistry. It’s either there or not, and in their case, it’s so there. And I totally love that final scene where it showed how YSR looked like in Ri Jung Hyuk’s perspective when he first saw her, so romantic. I’m so excited for the next episode tonight…. Congrats to the whole  CLOY team.

• Like 4
  • Love 8

57 minutes ago, luffie said:

@somethingitr  can you share what the k-netiizens are saying about it??? do they not like it? 

+2,162, -110] Was it really necessary to put out a drama about falling into a relationship with a North Korean man?.. Especially with the North already up in arms about missile experiments, it just feels wrong.

2. [+2,025, -202] The drama is quite corny ㅎㅎ and I wasn't the only one thinking it, I was in a live chatroom for the drama and everyone thought the same ㅎㅎ

3. [+1,549, -92 Sigh.. ㅋㅋ at a time when North Korea is running missile experiments ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+878, -50] After watching 'When the Camellia Blooms' and moving on to this drama, it was quite disappointing to see how big of a mess the plot and the lines were by comparison. And the male lead is a North Korean soldier? That's just off-putting.

5. [+1,204, -484] It's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Hyun Bin's damn handsome

6. [+640, -111] Maybe Son Ye Jin doesn't match the character enough but she looked really awkward, which made it seem like her acting was bad. The supporting roles are all hopeless as well, especially Son Ye Jin's side of the family. I don't know who was responsible for the casting but it's a mess combined with the cringy storyline. There's not much to watch in this drama aside from Hyun Bin's face.

7. [+500, -44] Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are both my favorite actors but I honestly can't watch this because it's so cringy ㅜ.                                        

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @firstaid,this drama exceeded my expectation.

The tornado part in the teaser look so fake.

But in the drama,all the part during paragliding is so believable.

she was laughing when she saw the tractor flying...lol..

No single boring part in this drama.

I like RJH’s people.

Especially the one that shoot YSR.

I like YSR’s assistant too.

And i like how they relate KJH (forgot his character name) with YSR’s brother.

Btw,it was mentioned that day is the last day of RJH.

What does it mean??

Last shift or last day of work.

So he is not an army after this?

And YSR got her paraglide certificate in Swiss.

Based from RJH’s character description,he was studying in Swiss as well..

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Totally love the first episode! Hyun Bin’s comedic timing is so daebak! When he stepped on a lost mine after being cocky about knowing where the lost mines are, when he didn’t have faith in the rookie soldier after saying he trusted him - all of these scenes cracked me up so bad haha..

But THIS...this had me aaawwww..that was such a dreamy “love at first sight” without RJH even realizing 

The character of Yoon SeRi is also very well written - we can already see how layered she is! She cares more about her business than her reputation. Her reaction when she read about knetz slighting her was so spunky! I like! From her instinctive reaction of crying out “Eomma” whenever she’s hurt, you can see that though she’s hurt by her mother, she actually also yearns for her mother’s love.  This makes me curious about the backstory between her and her mom.

I also like that we got a glimpse into all the supporting character. The 1st episode was tight, it introduces many of the major characters and sets the background to the storyline beautifully. 

I love the cinematography as well! The tornado part - it was really well done - very fantasy and very fairytale like - it’s like a scene out of Disney’s animation- very befitting imagery of Dorothy being blown into the land of Oz. 

The rating for yesterday’s episode was 6.1 on the average and highest was at 7.3.

As for Knetz’ reaction to the first episode, all the top comments were negative. (I have shared about their thinking that the drama “romanticizes” North Korea and North Koreans. :bawling:

On a brighter note, it looks like i- drama fans and C- drama fans love it!

The comments from both naver and Nate have been translated by netizenbuzz - if you are curious, it’s here:

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/12/tv-crash-landing-on-you-pilot.html

And I can’t wait for the 1st OST which will be released today at 6pm KST! Stream away folks! And yes I love all the bgm effects and the music too! This drama is going to give us not just great acting but also great music too :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 5

Done watching first episode and I am glad it does not disappoints. As expected of the writer, the female lead character is the bubbly and bright type. I never watched Son Ye Jin doing comedy drama other than Personal Taste and I think she did great as Yoon Se Ri. Hyun Bin too never disappoints. You can give whatever character to him and he will excel it regardless. 

The cinematography also is so pretty and it looks like a Disney fantasy like what @KimSooHanMoo pointed out and this is also this writer signature. She love fantasy-like rom com. Just look at her past works. 

Chemistry is on point and the supporting casts so far did not disappoints. Cannot wait for Ep 2 tonight. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Done watching the first episode and it was great and as expected Binjin never failed to amazed me and the cinematography is beyond my expectation 

Hyunbin is perfect for the role as Yejin said and Yejins character being bubbly, spunk and pretty,  the writer loves to play with her character. I'm so happy and regarding the Knetz comments we can't please everybody since we are not Koreans but I hope they're gonna appreciate the drama little by little and I'll keep praying for the success of this drama 

They are trending both Naver and Daum up to now so it means they're anticipating the 2nd episode later and 6.1% rating is a good start knowing that Koreans dont like a comedy romance genre plus North Korean story but all in all it was good Fighting 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I love the fast pace and the acting. Hyunbin is so good at being a soldier haha how he manage to keep a straight face in a comedic scene. And Yejin's as YSR is better than I expected, really hilarious to watch her run for her dear life across the minefield and ended up back in NK after climbing over the fence. Love the storyline so far, i am just here to enjoy the comedy and romance. I actually dont find it corny and in fact I think the next 3 episodes would be a new start to their romance.  :wub:  at least they got the first "hug" :lol:

• Like 7
  • Love 4

I personally feel that K-netizens are always so quick to criticize. I am sure many of them went to watch the drama with negative thoughts, and didn't even bother keeping an open mind about it. They are already against it right from the start, and they are just watching the drama to further confirm what they think is so-called right. 

From what I see, the main focus is to show how 2 people from very different backgrounds and cultures meet under a very unexpected situation and fall in love the process. Well, there are many similar cases everywhere in the world where people love in fall through unexpected situation but of course, this being a drama, it's dramatized and more exaggerated. I always tell myself that I shouldn't think too much before watching a drama. Like this, I would be able to enjoy the drama as it is. 

As for the part of glamorizing the North Koreans, I really don't agree with it. In every country, there are always the good and bad people. In this drama, it is especially obvious within the North Korean army. First, we have the upright solder Ri Junghyuk and his troop (good and nice people but they are shown to be lazy at times as well, e.g. drinking and watching drama while on duty). Then next, we have the greedy and unscrupulous commander, Jo Chul Kang, who does things undertable to get what he wants and then get rid of those underlings who helped him to prevent getting found out. An innocent lady who was trying to hitch a ride got murdered as well just because she accidentally witnessed what happened.

Anyway, these are just my personal opinions and you all don't have to agree with what I said. That said, I just finished watching the drama the 2nd time while waiting for the 2nd episode. Time needs to pass faster so that we can all catch up on what happens next. XP

• Like 11
  • Love 1