[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

After some moping around due to some Knetz’ comments about drama, I have decided to spread happy and positive energy :blush:

First off, I really do like the latest long trailer! Drama looks set to be wacky and I am wrong about Hyuk-ie being a serious character- Uri (or rather my haha :D) Hyuk-ie actually looks so funny being hapless around funky-couldn’t-care-less-about-anything SeRi haha:lol:

And here’s Netflix Trailer 2

Then tvN’s hilarious caption struck again in this IG update posted yesterday:

Caption: 

“When I got on the bus this morning, I took a traffic card that said, "Three people."

The driver wondered and asked, "Why do you take a three-man share when you are riding alone?"

So I said, “There are two more people in my heart, Ri Jung-hyuk and Yoon Se-ri."

And the driver looked at me dumbfounded, and said, "I don't accept fees for Angels." And he ended up taking only my fees.

-

(Please leave your message for Ri Jung-Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri in the comments.>,<)

Then. T.H.I.S GREAT NEWS!!!

fGbmsxX.jpg

Crash Landing made it to Top No.10 drama on gooddata for the 1st week of December!!! :blush: Gooddata ranks the dramas based on views, buzz on SNS etc - this is daebak given that there are only trailers released in the 1st week of December and it made it to Top 10 haha..Here’s hoping for drama to remain on gooddata Top list, hopefully Top 1 hahaha..(Btw, Chocolate is at no.3.)

@aptfangirl I hope I am tagging the correct person haha..that Hyun Bin Oppa part, SYJ was just reading a comment from a fan of Hyun Bin. As I have said before my listening skills ain’t that good and I have only watched that clip once - mianhe. Think it’s a pic or video just before his Fan Meeting and I think he said it was taken by a fan. Before that pic, MC showed the Bday celebration pic uploaded on SYJ’s IG and MC did a word play on “recent person” and “yesteryear person” etc (Hyun Bin’s pun for Crash Landing- he has said he is a “recent person”). For that bday pic, SYJ explained that Hyun Bin received a cake from his fans (they were on the way back after their stage greetings) and so he asked everyone beside him to come and share the cake; that’s how the pic was taken. MC then said that yes, SYJ celebrated with him coz they are close, isn’t it etc..Okay, back to the fan taken pic or video where SYJ said, Hyun Bin oppa, she was just reading out what that fan said (think that fan said something about future Hyun Bin)(maybe  @alleram95 who is much better can help , if you remember). If I remember correctly, SYJ was so tickled, saying the fan is so cute and Hyun Bin looked a lil shy as per his usual shyness. Haha.. I have decided not to watch again..So yes that’s what I remember and can make out. So it wasn’t SYJ calling him Oppa haha..he himself has been describing SYJ as his sunbae..so ya..haha..

As for other parts, Hyun Bin was asked about the special abilities he needs to play the role of RJH etc..and he talked about having to relearn the North Korean language and speaking it naturally etc etc..

And the present he wished to receive from Father Santa is actually 22% in ratings- I didn’t hear the “2” properly. And it’s again a word play on 2Ri which is 2이 in South Korean (2 is 이 (yi), also the South Korean spelling of Lee; as I have said before, Ri is North Korean spelling of Lee - so that’s how you get 22 - hope I am making sense to you haha.:lol:.)

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

Ah I have found a good explanation by PD Lee for setting the story in North Korea. If you are not aware, there has been some negative reaction from Knetz over this - they see drama as “romanticizing North Korea”. As you would know, there’s constant tension between the two parts of the Korean Peninsula..sigh...There had been such comments all this while but since the press conference on Monday, there had been more of such comments and when I said I was moping a bit, I was referring to such comments (needless to say, their target had been Uri Hyun Bin-ssi :tears:)

Let’s hear it from the PD! (I am only translating the relevant part of the article).

The romance story of the leads is set in a special place called North Korea. Public attention has been focused on this thinking that North Korea itself is behind the scenes in the drama, and this has received some negative feedback. In response, PD Lee said, "North Korea is just used as the background setting and I am aware that some people are opposed to the idea of North Korea. Just think of it as a space where your actors’ romance takes place; the romance and North Korea are not connected,” he said. 

“I want you to look at it like that. Of course, there will be elements of life/lifestyle in North Korea in the drama. This is meant to make the drama twice more interesting as we mix this background with the romance story," he said.

"I wanted to create a space to make the actors' performance shine," PD Lee said when asked what his focus of the production was. “Rather than being a 'real' reenactment of North Korean characters, we have merely relocated or situated the characters in a space suitable for the drama so as to create the images matching the characters."

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/029/0002573629

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

D-3 to Crash Landing on You!

Thanks @KimSooHanMoo for the translation of PD Lee's explanation. I think what he says make sense. Also, it's a drama with fictional characters. We should just take things with a pinch of salt instead of over-analyzing everything. It is a drama and not some documentary for a reason.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

RiRi couple promoting the drama :wub:

I can't understand Korean, so I've used google translate, but It seems the first song from the OST will be released on December 15th, at 6pm (KTM). The song is by 10cm who have participated in other OSTs like Goblin or Hotel del Luna.

0000783295_001_20191213090603908.jpg?typ

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000783295

• Like 1
  • Love 2

jf3kjp0.jpg

Crash Landing on You’s 1st OST "Fate That is Like Coincidence” or “Coincidental Fate” (my translation of the Hangeul title, we don’t know the English title yet) by 10cm will be released on 15 December 6pm KST. The OST is a song that captures the content and mood of the drama, and the song will feature the themes of the drama - “fate“ and “confidence”.

“The OST is a slow-tempo piece that starts with a lyrical piano, then an electronic Ambient sound is added, and gradually a dreamy guitar emerges- OST will create and add to the atmosphere of the drama.”

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

y5xpznE.jpg

hHotZzk.jpg

QDhHaHX.jpg

(2nd and 3rd enhanced pics are the copyright of hyunbinluv on IG).

My translation of released article about Ri Jung Hyuk (I have cut out repetitive info about the drama)

Premiere episode D-1 “Crash Landing on You”, Hyun Bin - highlights that will make you even more excited

The revolutionarily handsome man Ri Jung Hyuk played by actor Hyun Bin in the TV drama series "Crash Landing on You" is revealed as TMI (Too Much Information).

On the 13th, "Crash Landing on You" (Writer Park Ji-eun, director Lee Jung Hyo) revealed the interesting TMI of Ri Jung Hyuk which, if you knew in advance, will get you even more excited. 

◆ Sculpture beauty boy + shooting + martial arts = perfect

In the drama, Korean military officer Ri Jung Hyuk not only looks good, but also has great abilities.  At the same time that he has won awards in the fighting competition, he is also Ace with a recognized talent in shooting.  Serving as the captain of the northern front guards battalion, he has perfectly suppressed the illegal grave robbers, investigated into suspicious incidents, etc. It can be seen that he is a man who doesn’t compromise on his principles when it comes to wrongdoing.

◆ Pianist trained in Switzerland 

It seems that he is a born soldier. However, he is in fact a talented piano budding artiste who studied in Switzerland graduated from an arts school there.  But for the sake of his family, he became a soldier in place of his brother.  What is the background behind Ri Jung Hyuk who only knows about music to become a soldier?

◆ While pretending not to be, he is a warm man with a cold exterior and a warm interior 

Ri Jung Hyuk is a soldier with a stronger sense of responsibility than anyone else.  Although not apparent on the surface, he has an excellent reputation among the soldiers. In every situation, he takes great care of his own people.  In particular, he will not let others mistreat his people at their own will.

He adopts this attitude- it is better for him to be victimized than to let his subordinates be discouraged.  Not only that, he will never ignore people who are in a crisis.  Therefore, Ri Jung Hyuk can be trusted 100% all the time.  The precious friendship between Ri Jung Hyuk and his comrades will not only bring laughter to the drama, but it will also bring warmth.

◆ Turning point - Yoon SeRi 

Ri Jung Hyuk is a special officer with outstanding strength.  As a soldier who has been faithfully performing all of his duties, one day, Yoon SeRi crash landed on him.  Like a lie, how will the life of Ri Jung Hyuk change - this has attracted much attention.

Like this, the revolutionarily beautiful man, Ri Jung Hyuk, who is warm in appearance and heart, will capture the hearts of women with his charm from the beginning of the broadcast. 

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002829800

• Like 2

JaHEodc.jpg

New relationship chart. 

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/119/0002370465

There’s no new information in the article except for this part:

“Goo Seung-jun, a "young and rich" businessman who made a comet-like appearance in the chaebol community, is played by Kim Jung-hyun. For the sake of making a profit, he will be heading to North Korea and questions are growing as to why. He has a former scandal with Yoon SeRi and the two will be reunited in North Korea; in addition, he will have special ties with Ri Jung Hyuk’s fiancee, Seo-dan. Curiousity is growing over their complex and delicate relationships.”

Wow..the story is getting juicer and juicer. Super excited!! (I will be a day late as I can’t access the internet tomorrow :tears:).

VAST is organizing a Ri Jung Hyuk Special Package event. My translation of the caption in VAST’s IG post:

Together with Crash Landing on You, vast is holding a revolutionary event - our National Treasure Lee Jung Hyuk Package.

We are looking for a party member to go get the present.

I hope you'll pay this a lot of attention.

"Jung Hyuk’s heart fluttering line in “Crash Landing on You” is ?"

⠀

Participation method:

First, repost related activities.

Second, upload a rating verification post with Jung Hyuk’s heart-fluttering line!

(Tick) #베스트리_혁명적_이벤트 #리정혁과_대동단결

You must attach the hashtag above!

Third, in the comments section of this event post, fill out 리 ‘리정혁과 대동단결’ ; then registration is complete!

⠀

Duration of the event;

December 14, 2019 ~ Last Broadcast Day (23:59)

(Tick) Termination time is based on Korean time.

⠀

Winners will be announced on a 

day in February 2020!

(Tick) Can participate repeatedly, but the winner is limited to 1 person and 1 account.

⠀

(Loudspeaker) Winners’ gifts

A Swiss Film Photo Postcard SET of a scene personally witnessed by and filled with Binnie’s emotions (2 types) + Autograph

Hand-selected Swiss limited edition keychain

(Tick) Keychains will be randomly sent without duplicate styles.

Quizyhg.png
And Crash Landing on You is being promoted on airport buses! I see Mediheal on the posters. So I think this might have been sponsored by Mediheal.

The captions in the promo:

“Where are we being taken to for a crash landing on the airport bus?  #Myheart?

Beginning today #CrashLandingonYouBus will be plying the streets of Seoul. See if you can find it!”

Then on the side banners:

“tvN(Saturday and Sunday) night Ripped Apart!

Watch it live and let’s go tvN and participate in this revolution!”

I know this is kinda belated but I just wanna park these here to remember the fan support that Hyun Bin’s fans have given for this drama - these were at the press conference- fan support from The Space, Chinese Sky, fans from DCInsideHyunBin, fans from Vietnam etc - some are not captured in here (in the spoiler since this post has got 3 attachments alr)

Spoiler

ghg3z4l.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

cWNa2mE.jpg

A more complete character chart.

On the left 

1st box- The ahjummas in Sa Taek Village 

2nd box - Members in Jung Hyuk’s Unit

3rd box - Jung Hyuk’s family (hmm..wondering why it’s empty. They have not casted them yet?)

Below Seo Dan - Seo Dan’s family (parents)

On the right

1st box - Personnel in the Security Department

2nd box - People important to SeRi (1. The marketing manager; 2. An insurance company employee

3rd box - SeRi’s family 

Below Goo Seung-jun- his “Archangel”

• Like 5

Kim Jung Hyun Is A Young And Rich Businessman In “Crash Landing On You”

Kim Jung Hyun Is A Young And Rich Businessman In “Crash Landing On You”

Dec 12, 2019
by S. Park (of Soompi)

Kim Jung Hyun will transform into a charismatic businessman in “Crash Landing on You”!

This tvN romantic comedy tells the story of wealthy South Korean heiress Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) who lands in North Korea after a paragliding accident, and North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin) who falls in love with her while hiding and protecting her.

Kim Jung Hyun portrays a young and rich businessman named Goo Seung Jun. He’s ambitious, but also knows how to conceal his real self from others. He does whatever it takes to get money and secretly heads to North Korea.

Goo Seung Jun shows a range of different expressions in the previews. He wins people over with his smooth charms and eloquent speech, and he has the ability to be soft and strong at the same time.

• Like 6
  • Love 2