[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

54 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

You know I am whipped 

An interesting fact about the pronunciation of RJH.

This had me laughing so hard! @INeedAFan :joy:

My favourites are:

• How it took 9 episodes for Seri to be able to go back to SK and it only took Jh half an episode to go to SK
  • The comment about JH's shoulder's being as wide as the pacific ocean and how it relates to his real name (clever of the writers to include that)
  • DDD's comment about the ending saying that we need to have a happy ending even if it means they become defectors! LOL 

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

10 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

pacific ocean

HB’s stylist needs to have a raise because he/she dresses him well. I still can’t get over the grey cardigan over a black turtleneck. One thing that needs to be gone is his bowl cut. Seriously, my friend refused to watch this drama because of his hair cut. Her comment was, what the hell with his hair? :crazy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

@ChunSungIm gosh the photos in their 20s are to be reckoned with! that's a great question why why they didn't team up then?

@INeedAFan lol to those 7 comments vid - one funny comment as #1 on her list saying make it a happy ending no matter how ridiculous this drama wld be, plus one says they shld cancel chinese new year...in other words bc of that CLOY was not aired! LOL

Just came across this article fr (cr: hancinema) about SYJ & she's obviously exhausted from filming & nice to hear it's nothing serious!

"Crash Landing on You" Son Ye-jin Rushed to the ER, Agency Says It Is No Major Issue

photo1146850.jpg

Actress Son Ye-jin was reportedly taken to the ER.

A media source reported that she was taken to the ER on the 27th. MSTeam Entertainment announced that she was overworked and had to be taken to the ER due to fatigue, because nowhere else was open.

Nothing is wrong with her health and she will be back to the tvN drama "Crash Landing on You" soon.

Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin is starring in the tvN weekend drama "Crash Landing on You" as Yoon Se-ri, the youngest daughter of a chaebol family, with Hyun Bin.

"Crash Landing on You" is directed by Lee Jeong-hyo, written by Park Ji-eun, and features Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, Seo Ji-hye, Kim Jung-hyun, Kim Sun-young-III, Kim Jung-nan. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/12/14~Now airing, Sat, Sun 21:00 on tvN.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

@ChunSungIm gosh the photos in their 20s are to be reckoned with! that's a great question why why they didn't team up then?

SYJ mentioned in one of their promotional interviews that there were projects offered to her and HB before, but HB rejected them. She was surprised HB accepted the movie because the role is out of HB's norm. I guess it's destiny that they only work together after more than 10yrs in business, gave them time to mature and build on their craft. :D:D

@INeedAFan i agree with DDD's comment, writer-nim pls give us a happy ending no matter what, life is too short to have an open ending:lol::lol::lol:

P.s. that bowl cut of JH, it kinda grows on you, whenever JH gave one of his Mona-lisa smile or pouts then i forget about his bowl cut.... haha:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, Winny said:

SYJ mentioned in one of their promotional interviews that there were projects offered to her and HB before, but HB rejected them. She was surprised HB accepted the movie because the role is out of HB's norm. I guess it's destiny that they only work together after more than 10yrs in business, gave them time to mature and build on their craft. :D:D

@INeedAFan i agree with DDD's comment, writer-nim pls give us a happy ending no matter what, life is too short to have an open ending:lol::lol::lol:

@Winny woah it cld've been a chance for them to work but like you said it's destiny & if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be sadly!

yes we all need a happy ending after spending 16 hrs watching the OTP :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I am currently watching Mr. Sunshine to fill the void of waiting for the new episode of CLOY. Mind you i already watch CLOY on repeat numerous times :joy:

Anyway it's fascinating because i just noticed that the archaic North Korean accent that Captain Ri uses is the same Accent as what Lady Ae Shin uses in Mr. Sunshine. The way she speaks is so like Captain Ri...

@AnnieCheesecake i know right it's making my heart ache what a sad love story :heartbreak:

@Favnia Hyunbin actually did good he's pretty impressive base on the review of the NK consutant on Youtube. His NK dialect is on point. Here's a review of a North korean regarding the NK dialect for the drama. She mentioned that she's also one of the consultants on the Drama. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Phoenix88 said:

I am currently watching Mr. Sunshine to fill the void of waiting for the new episode of CLOY. Mind you i already watch CLOY on repeat numerous times :joy:

Anyway it's fascinating because i just noticed that the archaic North Korean accent that Captain Ri uses is the same Accent as what Lady Ae Shin uses in Mr. Sunshine. The way she speaks is so like Captain Ri...

Omg we’re watching the same drama while waiting for CLOY new episodes :lol:.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

I am currently watching Mr. Sunshine to fill the void of waiting for the new episode of CLOY.

I literally finished Mr Sunshine during the first hiatus :D 

Spoiler

but it left even a bigger void :tears:

I actually have a question to the Korean-speaking audience - does JH speak with North Korean dialect? And how different are the languages? In terms of how the North Korean dialect is portrayed in this kdrama, how would you rate it? I know it can be difficult with any tv shows, just wanted to know if they pay attention to it in CLOY or everyone just speaks in South Korean dialect and doesn't care... Because it would be interesting if Seri's family would notice that JH is from NK... Thanks! 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, c Cinc said:

I agree. Hyun Bin is a veteran actor. It is unbelievable for such a seasoned actor to  be so careless about such matter. He knows the fan uproar and backlash that his currently airing drama would suffer for such a trivial mistake.

Also, as Dramanoona have mentioned, scenes are not shot in sequence. This is the most reasonable theory about this. It is also not going to be out of context if the two end up exchanging couple rings and what not. So yea, I wouldn't freak out about this. Besides, Hyun Bin has always been very upfront with his prior relationships to the public. He has never been the type to keep his private relationships in secret.

It has nothing to do with being a veteran actor or not, maybe he was having lunch and put it on then forgot to take it off. That can happen and when he noticed it, too late. Hyun Bin has been honest about his previous relationships before but if he is with someone who is NOT comfortable with people knowing then he would respect that partner and keep it to himself. I think HB and SYJ is a real possibility. It's been a year since they were caught doing their grocery together in LA. I believe if they are a couple, because of Ye Jin who seems way more private we will only know about it when they will be expecting a child or something. I wouldnt be surprised AT ALL if they were already married. They are not teenagers, they are older veteran actors who probably dont want the public in their business. They want to build their family and advance their careers in peace perhaps. I really hope they are true because they would be a true power couple in Korea. They both have  complete full careers and only missing a full family life now.

• Like 11
  • Unamused 1
  • Love 5

@INeedAFan thanks for sharing that video! I laughed so hard at the Pacific Ocean = Taepyung = Kim Taepyung = Hyun Bin's real name! I knew his real name all along, but it just didn't register. And that top comment about the ending! Yes, please give us a happy ending! I would be so devastated if they didn't end up together after all that they have gone through.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

@hibiscus23, this is Yoon Mi Rae's FLOWER

6e4bcc2a6ee84fa5f60c523f63b30a326ad6b969

I wish I could PM you the tune, lol! This is my most favorite of all CLOY's OST. IDK if it's just me, but I feel like it was Se-ri who sang this song. That scene, when she and Ri Jeong Hyeok paraglided together with a beautiful scenery behind them would replay on my mind over and over again every time I hear of this song. THAT WAS SOOOOOO ROMANTIC, Sis! I could die watching that scene! 

This song has also similarity of YMR's ALWAYS (DOTS OST). 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Favnia said:

I literally finished Mr Sunshine during the first hiatus :D 

Hide contents

but it left even a bigger void :tears:

I actually have a question to the Korean-speaking audience - does JH speak with North Korean dialect? And how different are the languages? In terms of how the North Korean dialect is portrayed in this kdrama, how would you rate it? I know it can be difficult with any tv shows, just wanted to know if they pay attention to it in CLOY or everyone just speaks in South Korean dialect and doesn't care... Because it would be interesting if Seri's family would notice that JH is from NK... Thanks! 

Not a fluent Korean speaker, but I'm living in Seoul so I can notice different accents even among South Korean citizens. Likewise, North Korean also has diverse accents.

Iirc currently they have around thousands different vocabularies due to the division. That's why sometimes RJH and the gang don't understand certain slang terms. Though they may not be aware in vocab differences, the accents are very noticeably different tbvh. I think the drama has been quite accurate (though some things are exaggerated or missing) in portraying North Korea, down to the accent. 

However, I think only native speakers (North Koreans, not South Koreans) can rate how accurate the accents are portrayed in CLOY. 

A comment above you have posted the video which talked about that... It's from an actual North Korean (the YouTuber). She said it's quite accurate and the actors did well, especially Pyo Chisoo hahahaha. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I feel like begging TVN to release another preview. :sweatingbullets:

The thirst is real.

Dear TVN’s marketing team, please release something. Anything. BTS, photos, or even preview. I have been watching episode 9 and 10 for the nth times. I am afraid I would start reciting some lines of my favorite scenes. It’s sickening.

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

HB’s stylist needs to have a raise because he/she dresses him well. I still can’t get over the grey cardigan over a black turtleneck. One thing that needs to be gone is his bowl cut. Seriously, my friend refused to watch this drama because of his hair cut. Her comment was, what the hell with his hair? :crazy:

Exactly it must have and they have to...even going or accompanying him to the awards event just for a retouch and it takes a good heart to faithfully do that job. They do an extravagant glamorizing the overall appearance from head to toe. Notice its  big difference from others.

Tbh i cannot see which the real face of hyunbin is without make up:D... 

However love him to the max bcoz of his superb and brilliant acting. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Ameera Ali, I hope there'll be no more interruption for CLOY. I missed this home! 

I have this feeling that CLOY may hit on that 21% rating, it could even surpass Sky Castle's 23%!!!

IDK if it's Netflix marketing strategy to sell this drama, but all my soc med feeds are bombarded with CLOY's write-ups and articles. Of course, I read all of them :heart: There is no way I can avoid the hype of this drama despite being MIA from this thread, not that I want to :joy:

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

I guess  were not the only ones waiting for episode 11. 

Episode 11 preview hits 3 million views in korea. WoW. :blush:

Count me in for ep11. Its a compelling drama series at all time. It cannot be missed 

Just love RJH and SR, if you all could notice how he was so amazed with the new look of her as she bun her hair. Take a closer look even SR pushing him to hide yet JH stare still with her:D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Love 4