[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, jamy47 said:

Why are they still late in filming for the show? It is weird because it's the second time the show is not airing so that should have given them more time to advance filming, i actually thought they were filming the end of the show by now since that extra filming time they got but no it seems they are STILL filming episodes 11 & 12. It must be the scripts being late, i see no other reason. 

This is so normal in Kdrama. It's not necessarily because the script is late but one scene sometimes they shot it for hours prob days. Especially if it involves action or special effect.N sometimes, they can't shoot things in sequence of episodes or scenes. Sometimes they need to shoot later episodes scenes first due to the venue of shooting. Certain places they can only shoot after midnight as during the day it is commercial place. So they have small shooting window to work.  Certain places they only get permission for few hours so they need to prioritize which scene to shoot first. The list goes on. If you want to have a glimpse of how drama production works, go and watch Hyun Bin's drama "World's Within". I think to blame that the script is late is like an insult to the writer who is a professional. Of course she knows her deadline. 

2 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

I pray for every staff's well being, whether is it Son Yejin, Hyun Bin or anyone on the set. May everyone be safe and sound and healthy. No matter what, health comes first.

I hope Son Yejin recovers soon!! I think she has been holding on for many weeks now. She looked pretty tired on the day of the press con and during the various interviews done, but she was very professional and made sure to smile for the audience. Actors are also human and they need to get sufficient rest! I have been saying this for years - Korea should stop this live filming thing to "get feedback from viewers". I don't think they would ever stop it though, which is sad to think about it.:tears:

I know Live filming is not healthy for all the cast and crew but this is the way to keep the drama brand reputation. Pre Produced drama has a risk. If it becomes successful it's good but what if it turns the other way round like Arthdal? The ratings is ok (above average) but because of the high budget, they need the drama to have more than 20% ratings but it fails. And now it is almost impossible to have second season of the drama and those who watch it (like me) need to accept the open ending. If it is not pre produces, the prod team can think on how to mitigate the problem while filming/airing. 

I just realized the hair tying scene is a mirror to Son Ye Jin's earlier drama Summer Scent (My fav among the 4 seasons drama). In that drama, there is a scene where the ML tie her hair using his handkerchief. 

tumblr_mrbspwNvN41rh74bko3_250.gifv

17 years later

zodiak-paling-beruntung1.jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

In case of live shoot dramas I think it's usually first 4 episodes that are already scripted later based on the audience feedback they write/edit the script to cater to the target audience. As for cloy I think some changes were made last minute and also the pressure must be more on them now considering a conservative Christian party in skorea accused them of glorifying NKorea. 

That seems like a big gamble for an actor, esp if a story was written a specific way and then altered along the way. Now it makes a little more sense why some dramas (not this one for me) start so strong then loses itself near the middle lol.

I've read great things from this writer so hopefully at least the ending is mapped out.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hb_Yj said:

I tought yesterday someone said they're filming in the hospital bcoz there's a scene SR got hurt.. Didn't know she's not feeling well :bawling: Feeling sad cause they work so hard to please us.. Fighting YJ unnie :innocent:

Seems like she's feeling better now but she's already shooting again...She needs to rest :tears:.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

This is so normal in Kdrama. It's not necessarily because the script is late but one scene sometimes they shot it for hours prob days. Especially if it involves action or special effect.N sometimes, they can't shoot things in sequence of episodes or scenes. Sometimes they need to shoot later episodes scenes first due to the venue of shooting. Certain places they can only shoot after midnight as during the day it is commercial place. So they have small shooting window to work.  Certain places they only get permission for few hours so they need to prioritize which scene to shoot first. The list goes on. If you want to have a glimpse of how drama production works, go and watch Hyun Bin's drama "World's Within". I think to blame that the script is late is like an insult to the writer who is a professional. Of course she knows her deadline. 

I know Live filming is not healthy for all the cast and crew but this is the way to keep the drama brand reputation. Pre Produced drama has a risk. If it becomes successful it's good but what if it turns the other way round like Arthdal? The ratings is ok (above average) but because of the high budget, they need the drama to have more than 20% ratings but it fails. And now it is almost impossible to have second season of the drama and those who watch it (like me) need to accept the open ending. If it is not pre produces, the prod team can think on how to mitigate the problem while filming/airing. 

You just gave to me another point of view....I agree BUT I wanted that at least Son Ye-jin could have one day of break to rest better :tears:, I'm concerned about her health despite the news of her label saying that she's better now.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

To be honest, whether the drama is pre-produced or not, there is still the risk of a drama failing. This may offend some people, but I must say that there are 2 major groups of people in Korea - the type who care too much about what others say and the type who criticize others no matter what they do. This is why they created such a society where it's very stressful to live in. >< I have friends who have moved to Korea to study and they all told me that it's pretty stressful to live in their society as it feels like you are under scrutiny most of the time. People judge how you behave, how you dress, how you look (skinny or fat) etc. I just feel it's very unhealthy to live in such a society. :(

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

You just gave to me another point of view....I agree BUT I wanted that at least Son Ye-jin could have one day of break to rest better :tears:, I'm concerned about her health despite the news of her label saying that she's better now.

She has been an actor for about 20 years already, and she is a great actor. She knows what she is doing. Just keep her in your prayers.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, sussieh said:

Mmm, it could be. At the end of episode 10, SR’s meditation was about going through the same since the beginning. What if this includes being introduced as fiancé :blush:

After watching the Ep 11 preview, like everyone thought he will be introduced as a bodyguard only but now i think he may on the first day at work but since his pictures of hugging her affectionately will cover media and create a buzz then Seri will have to introduce him as her fiance to his family. Then they will want to meet him. I can't wait for that meeting :)

7 hours ago, phoenixember said:

I wonder when will they release the OST from Kim Se Jeong and Crush? Correct me if I'm wrong, comrades: the song playing during that scene when Se Ri was in the truck trying to think of happy thoughts (all memories of RJH) was sung by Kim Se Jeong and Crush sang that song from the credits during the earlier episodes? Read it also somewhere in the forum that Kim Se Jeong and Crush are singing OSTs for CLOY, so hmmm.. when will they release it? Excited to hear the full versions! So far, my favorite is Baek Ye Rin's. <3

All OSTs are piece of artwork in my opinion, for example i loved how OST 7 and OST 6 are somehow like a response to one another. I am looking forward to Sejeong's OST <3 

Hope SYJ gets well very soon and take care of health. I know drama shooting could be hectic (in my country it is even worse since the episode are twice longer and there are multiple seasons with more than 20-30 episodes so i can understand it) however there is weather condition we have to take into account. Production had to stop filming due to worsening weather conditions in SK as we all know. All the actors/actresses and staff members had to work under harsh snow and biting cold for a long time. As SYJ's management assured that she is treated and now feeling better, we can only she will be alright and wish her good health as she is professional and know what she is doing. And i wouldn't worry about the ratings since it already achieved great success and placed amongst the legends. Let's just enjoy the show as we only have 6 episodes left :( Oh how i wish it was at least 20 episodes

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I believe in Son Ye JIn's strength!
She was fantastic in The Pirates which was quite taxing.

I do hope she gets enough rest. Perhaps writer-nim can add a scene where she is being nursed back to health by JH. That way, she may not have to be as mobile.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

8 hours ago, Bright Bouquet said:

Hello,

What’s the title of the song being played while they were having fun eating clam bulgogi? It’s like a duet and it’s not included in the OST.

I have been asking the same question. I really hope they release it. It is such a feel-good song. 

===

On another note hope SYJ gets well soon. Like one member has already said, this culture of overworking is embedded in Korea (and Japan as well). This is beyond TvN unfortunately. 

I just hope YJ can rest a bit more. 

• Like 6

@peggygordon Great! I forgot when she did it.

@emily_fling I think it’s an old photo. JH’s clothes look like the ones that he worn in episode 7? (I forget, anyway it’s the one where he went out to fetch SR)

Anyway 

EPSbVOrVUAI5lpg?format=jpg&name=medium

Translation (google, obviously):

Actor and crew of tvN Series #CrashLandingOnYou  Expected to finish shooting on February 8.
 Currently shooting Ep.13- Ep.14. Filming in open spaces is the most difficult because of the crowds.

15 Signs 'Crash Landing On You' Is Taking Over Your Life

Kaya pa ba?!
by RETTY CONTRERAS | 7 hours ago 

SHARES

signs-obsessed-crash-landing-on-you-netflix-1580110760.jpg

PHOTO: CRASH LANDING ON YOU/TVN 

There's no denying it: we are HOOKED on Crash Landing On You starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. And since we're all for ~*self-awareness*~ this 2020, we've listed down these 15 signs that the K-drama is basically taking over your life. Kaway-kaway sa mga nakaka-relate!

Read more: https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/signs-obsessed-crash-landing-on-you-netflix-a1027-20200127

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

I pray for every staff's well being, whether is it Son Yejin, Hyun Bin or anyone on the set. May everyone be safe and sound and healthy. No matter what, health comes first.

I hope Son Yejin recovers soon!! I think she has been holding on for many weeks now. She looked pretty tired on the day of the press con and during the various interviews done, but she was very professional and made sure to smile for the audience. Actors are also human and they need to get sufficient rest! I have been saying this for years - Korea should stop this live filming thing to "get feedback from viewers". I don't think they would ever stop it though, which is sad to think about it.:tears:

I thought the whole point of the no episodes this week was because of the holiday. I assumed they would also be taking the holiday rather than working. If they were still filming and made an episode then why couldn't it be aired? If they showed a special episode then it wasn't because of TV if still airing that material therefore I assumed it was a holiday break for all from work?

• Like 4

@Dana T the holidays does not imply to those in entertainment business sadly as they are chasing deadlines. The reason why dramas normally not airing during  festive holidays is because normally during holidays, people gather with family and they hardly watch any TV. Thus, many drama choose not to air during Seolal or Chuseok as it will effect the ratings. I hope you can understand why drama choose not to air during holidays, it is not they do not have the material, but because they do not want to affect the ratings. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

@Dana T the holidays does not imply to those in entertainment business sadly as they are chasing deadlines. The reason why dramas normally not airing during  festive holidays is because normally during holidays, people gather with family and they hardly watch any TV. Thus, many drama choose not to air during Seolal or Chuseok as it will effect the ratings. I hope you can understand why drama choose not to air during holidays, it is not they do not have the material, but because they do not want to affect the ratings. 

Oh that makes sense. Yes I can see how it would seem wasted or in vain to air the episode knowing viewing would be down. Thanks for info!

• Like 2