Network: SBS

Episodes: 123

Genre: Drama

Airdate: May 20th - November 8th, 2019

Airtime: Daily @ 8:40 KST

Director: Lee Jung-Hoon

Writer: Kim In-Kang

Story:

Jenny  works as a fashion designer and she is successful at her job. She has a very close relationship with her mother Soo-Jin. Her mother wants Jenny to marry Man-Soo, but Jenny does not like Man-Soo and ignores him. Jenny happens to meet Eun-Suk. They fall in love with each other at first sight. Eun-Suk has a warm and quiet personality, but he believes in doing the right thing. He is from a wealthy family. They decide to get married, but Jenny's mother Soo-Jin opposes their marriage. Cr. asianwiki

Note: this drama will replace "Gangnam Scandal"

Cast:

Park Jin Woo as Eun Seok

33 years old. A consulting expert. Conglomerade Group's grandchild. He is quiet and with soft personality, but it can not tolerate injustice. He lost his parents when he was a child and grew up in the hands of his grandfather and aunt.

yerno.jpg

Shin Da Eun as Jenny Han

29 years old. Fashion designer. She has a simple personality that simplifies cheerful and complicated problems. She falls in love with Eun Seok at first sight.

hija.jpg

Kim Hye Sun as Wang Soo Jin

55 years old. She is hot and naturally feminine. Make money well thanks to Jenny and she lives an   elegant life. She can not hide her temper. She found a young Jenny who lost her way. She disguises her identity as an unwed mother.

mother.jpg

Son Woo Hyuk as Ahn Man Soo

34 years old. He is a solid and stable Hotel businessman. Korean-American. A heir of tremendous wealth conglomerate. He lives freely regardless of time and money. He likes Jenny for convenience, he follows Jenny, but he can not buy Jenny's heart. Invest in the wrong place and lose money. Desperate, because of Jenny's cold-heartedness. He won't give up Jenny easily.

rival.jpg

Ahn Yeon Hong as Choi Song Ah

36 years old. It's Jenny's. designer. A divorcee.
She lost her child by accident of injustice.

woman.jpg

Kim Jung Hyun as Lee Dong Joo

37 years old. After graduated from police school as chief, he worked as a police officer.
As a result of a shooting accident, he resigned the police after overturning responsibility.

hombre.jpg

Character Chart:

Imagen

Teaser:

OST:

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모 - Mon to Fri 8:40 KST - Premieres on May 20th
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모 - Mon to Fri 8:40 KST
On 5/16/2019 at 8:57 PM, lu09 said:

What? It's the male lead this time who has to deal with a horrible mother in law. Just looking at the summary gives me a headache:skull::expressionless:.

omo, omo, omo! watched out of boredom and ep 1 was so NOT what I expected!!! @lu09 @shamrockmom @msmy @0ly40 ~ ignore the summary because the synopsis isn't what it seems on surface. the son-in-law's father was a cop who died while investigating the "black rose case".. so the horrible mom-in-law is is in some way tied to that case, perhaps some sort of serial killer/black widow ... it already looks quite intriguing!

tagging old friends who might like this... @rolisrntex @Ldy Gmerm @mizkorea @fragglerock @sava2sava @perfectmouse @O @whome @dramaninja @dulceres @nohamahamoud2002 @Ameera Ali  ...

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

omo, omo, omo! watched out of boredom and ep 1 was so NOT what I expected!!! @lu09 @shamrockmom @msmy @0ly40 ~ ignore the summary because the synopsis isn't what it seems on surface. the son-in-law's father was a cop who died while investigating the "black rose case".. so the horrible mom-in-law is is in some way tied to that case, perhaps some sort of serial killer/black widow ... it already looks quite intriguing!

tagging old friends who might like this... @rolisrntex @Ldy Gmerm @mizkorea @fragglerock @sava2sava @perfectmouse @O @whome @dramaninja @dulceres @nohamahamoud2002 @Ameera Ali  ...

I would love to watch this but I cant take another drama base on an evil mother in law as the premise.

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Thanks for the shout out and the clearance about the synopsis. I was going with second thoughts based on the summary out there so knowing this is about more than a woman who disapproves of her daughters choice in a mate helps.  I had this one on my radar to start although hesitantly. 

Looking at the above information of the characters it seems Jenny is not the woman's bio daughter but actually was lost and this woman "picked her up" and raised her. It will be interesting to see if I am correct about who her mother is based on the relationship chart above. 

Kim Hye Sun is a favorite of mine. I love her as a nice character and I am horrified and excited when she plays bad. LOL. In one of her last daily drama's a few years ago I rooted for her character (while rooting for the lead female)  even though she was the most evil and horrifying mother in law out there lmao. 1st and last time I ever rooted for the evil MIL. This should be interesting to see how things open up in this drama. 

I didn’t know any work for these actors , so I hope they can all act nicely  :mrgreen: , please god no shouting or weird expression by the name of acting, these daily drama make me lose my hearing slowly :joy:

thanks @Lmangla for tagging I will watch it , have a look tonight :)

@Lmangla I watched a clip or two and it does look interesting compared to the summary lol:D. I had a feeling the mother in law wasn't the actual mother^_^. I'll watch the full episode when I get a chance. Thanks for the recommendation:D.

21 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@Lmangla Thanks for the tag. Just watched the first 2 episodes myself. I'm intrigued by this one. Took Gangnam Scandal off but was getting the morning drama itch again. Problem is we leave to go to Korea next Monday for 4 weeks. Don't know if we'll be able to stay caught up with our schedule like it is while there.

Omo. I didn't catch that the son in law's Dad was the one killed.

@rolisrntex ~ have a great holiday! :) maybe you can catch up after you come back. 

15 hours ago, msmy said:

@Lmangla... I'll check it out.  I couldn't find anything at all about the writer, so maybe this is a  "first".   Don't know if that's good or bad. :wacko:  We need a daily to bring us all back together....

@msmy ~ not sure about the writer but at least the first two episodes are certainly intriguing and not the typical daily so far... hopefully we will have the air of mystery and eventual resolution done well.

17 hours ago, lu09 said:

I had a feeling the mother in law wasn't the actual mother^_^.

@lu09 ~ yea, it looks like she isn't the biological mother of jenny and am reminded of the cartoon 'tangled' and of rapunzel's mom. she is even willing to harm jenny to get jenny to behave the way she wants. this makes me wonder why she kept jenny with her all these years. right now, jenny is a cash cow and is earning well as a designer but as a child, what did jenny provide?

19 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Kim Hye Sun is a favorite of mine. I love her as a nice character and I am horrified and excited when she plays bad. LOL.

. @Ldy Gmerm ~ don't recall seeing this actress before but she's certainly creepy in how she changes from concerned mother to calculating look. find it interesting that so far, she gives eun seok "get out of here" looks all the time. why so guarded already? she seems to have done a good job of manipulating jenny by insisting her memories are false and jenny has some sort of mental problem. but how long will that work?

@Ameera Ali ~ what did you think?

Kim Hye Seon was most recently in "Secrets and Lies" as a somewhat mild character, but yes, she gets alot of these heavy roles.  She has such a full schedule with 2-3 dramas each year because she is such a pro.  This drama is starting off pretty strong, so we'll see how it goes by episode 70!  It's an O.K. storyline;  too bad it isn't a little less than 120 episodes.  I'm wondering what shady Mom's long range goal is.  

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

. @Ldy Gmerm ~ don't recall seeing this actress before but she's certainly creepy in how she changes from concerned mother to calculating look. find it interesting that so far, she gives eun seok "get out of here" looks all the time. why so guarded already? she seems to have done a good job of manipulating jenny by insisting her memories are false and jenny has some sort of mental problem. but how long will that work?

Her looks only show she has a lot of secrets and has done a lot of wrong I bet. No one would be that guarded so fast. If you are interested to know what she has done before check out her page on koreandrama.org she played a character in another SBS daily drama that I hated but loved at the same time. She took being an evil MIL to new heights for me at least in that drama.  If you are able to find it you would see what I mean. LOL. The actress plays nice characters well but when she plays bad wow. I am looking forward to see what type of evil she has been up to in her past in this drama that makes her act the way she does. I feel part of it is Jenny is her meal ticket and she does not want to loose that but also she wants to "Climb" using Jenny. Its amazing how she wants to push her to a man that Jenny does not even like not even listening to how Jenny is feeling. I can already see sinister vibes from the woman and wonder if she will try to kill the male lead to get him away from Jenny. 

@Ameera Ali ~ what did you think?

So far so good I am on episode 3 I love it , I am catching up , I will comeback to share my thought , but I agree with your thought on the mom , it’s gonna be heartbreaking when the daughter learn true about this woman & her dark secret 

I would love to tag @newyee & @chococarmela

On 5/22/2019 at 7:55 PM, msmy said:

This drama is starting off pretty strong, so we'll see how it goes by episode 70!  It's an O.K. storyline;  too bad it isn't a little less than 120 episodes.  I'm wondering what shady Mom's long range goal is.  

yea it is definitely starting off strong and so hopefully it will be able to maintain momentum. so from ep 3 and 4, it is obvious that jenny is song ah's younger sister who was basically kidnapped by shady mom as a tool to help herself hide from police. am surprised that she didn't get rid of jenny as a child. why keep her when she has no qualms giving this girl medicine for allergies she does not have, giving her fake mental ailments and a reputation as a patient with multiple health issues??

as for long term goal, think it is eventually to make pots of money perhaps? the magazine editor said that there are rumours that jenny is the fool as it is the mom who is making the money. so quite possibly, jenny actually is penniless even though she is this designer...

On 5/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

I feel part of it is Jenny is her meal ticket and she does not want to loose that but also she wants to "Climb" using Jenny. Its amazing how she wants to push her to a man that Jenny does not even like not even listening to how Jenny is feeling. I can already see sinister vibes from the woman and wonder if she will try to kill the male lead to get him away from Jenny. 

won't be surprised at all if she tries to kill eun seok. unlike man soo who is weirdly gullible (or maybe purposefully so), eun seok's  antlers are already pinging. he finds it strange that she would lie about the prankster, finds her controlling jenny to not even eat peanuts and then giving her a fake allergy and medicine. so he is already wondering "HUH?"... but my guess is that her attempt to kill eun seok or even jenny will alert others that the iron rose is back and still around...

am wondering if man soo is really gullible or pretending to be. he seems like a stalker or maybe just used to having whatever he wants. so he goes along with whatever shady mom says even though to a normal person, we would ask "HUH?" rather than question her, he agrees to everything. so it will be interesting to see if man soo is just playing along in order to get jenny?

as for shady mom, man soo seems at least a good son-in-law because he's filthy rich and importantly, as protective (controlling) of jenny as her and listens to all her lies. so she plants herself as the mom in the rich hotel and has a rich lifestyle without paying for it?

am waiting to see how dong joo will start investing because it is then going to really pick up steam...

16 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

it’s gonna be heartbreaking when the daughter learn true about this woman & her dark secret 

yea it will but in some ways, this is not a loving relationship. jenny already recognizes that it is very controlling and is already sort of pushing to have her freedom... so it will be interesting to see if she realizes how poisonous shady mom is on her own or whether others tell her the truth. am guessing that if is eun seok or anyone else, she will see them as a liar but if she finds out on her own, then maybe, she will turn on shady mom?

Archived