[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After finding out that Jenny is Kyung Ah, ES states that he can't give up on Jenny.  This is right after he hears her tell shady Mom that she's pregnant and going to raise the baby herself, and will keep a connection with her while mom's  in prison.   She's pretty direct in telling ES that he doesn't need to feel obligated.  DJ, in his wisdom, tells ES that he should give it some time for the sake of the chairman.  The challenge for ES, as I said before, is how much will he "man up" for his new family?  But with Jenny/Kyung Ah still having that thread of a connection to shady Mom, the relationship will always be somewhat toxic.  Maybe Mrs. Ji and the rest of the family will have some influence over time to convince Jenny that she needs to make things right.

I knew the chairman was going to try and take her baby for his family to raise, which would be wrong. But, now that Jenny wants to keep in touch with Shady Mom I have changed my mined. Let them raise the child because I think Jenny is as damage as Shady Mom is right now. How will she get back with ES and still go visit her crazy mom.  ES will not agree to take the child from Jenny but I think he should for the sake of the child.

Also I don' think the actor who played ES health was very good doing this drama , he looked really sick and was just pushing though it. He is a better actor than what we have been seeing  in this drama and it was not the part that he played that made him look sick. If that is not the case I hope he will do a better job in his next drama. Can' wait for the last two episodes  to be over. I have had enough.

2 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

How is Gracious Revenge so far? I'm tossing up giving it a try. It's got to be better than this mess of a show right?

Way better.

2 hours ago, laura Washington said:

I think Jenny is as damage as Shady Mom is right now.

Jenny is going through some serious depression/anxiety/trauma right now. She's not fit to raise a baby at the moment...

59 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The only way out is for shady mom to die in prison and Jenny gets free of her influence 

That's the only ending I see for her.

The highlight of this next to last episode will be Mrs. Ji face to face with WSJ and letting her have it.  WSJ is going to be defiant to the bitter end, but I can't help but think that Mrs. Ji gets a few licks in that really sting.  WSJ is already getting beat up by her "roomies" in her cell.

No preview, just some silly outtakes.:crazy:

8 hours ago, laura Washington said:

Also I don' think the actor who played ES health was very good doing this drama , he looked really sick and was just pushing though it. He is a better actor than what we have been seeing  in this drama and it was not the part that he played that made him look sick. If that is not the case I hope he will do a better job in his next drama. Can' wait for the last two episodes  to be over. I have had enough.

really? so he is not normally this bad in the dramas you have seen him in?

8 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

@chococarmela How is Gracious Revenge so far? I'm tossing up giving it a try. It's got to be better than this mess of a show right?

watched two episodes and it was fine. had a strong start but we will have to wait and see how it turns out in the middle.

this drama also had a strong start and then in the middle, it just fizzled out. it was mostly fillers with the side characters. it would have been good if we had this jenny conflict a few weeks ago. it actually would have been entertaining to see eun seok and jenny have a push-pull relationship while she is trying to figure out how to maintain a balance between mrs ji, song ah and shady mom.

53 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

One thing fore sure this drama is sending so really terrible messages to its viewing audience . This is one of the worse daily dramas I seen.

I think SBS dramas very dark. I didn't like A place in the sun and Left-handed wife, but this drama made me feel even more uncomfortable. The relationship between people here is not healthy. I mean there is a sado-mashochistic bond between Shady Mom and Jenny 

ES was so good and kind, he didn't deserve this bad treatment by his family and by Jenny

MS's character was complex and required excellent acting skills, I wish the actor best of luck 

@dramaninja I agree with you about the clear messages of right and wrong, that's why I prefer drama like Home for summer 

12 hours ago, msmy said:

The highlight of this next to last episode will be Mrs. Ji face to face with WSJ and letting her have it.  WSJ is going to be defiant to the bitter end, but I can't help but think that Mrs. Ji gets a few licks in that really sting.  WSJ is already getting beat up by her "roomies" in her cell.

At the end of that fight with Ms. Ji, what does WSJ mean when she looks back at Ms. Ji and says in her head, "It's over now.  I did what I had to do."  Does that mean she planned to accept Ms. Ji telling her to back off Jenny for life?

And all those years of money, and the orabeoni isn't even paying for the Black Rose to get protection in prison?  She should definitely cut a deal with prosecution.

12 hours ago, msmy said:

actually don't get why shady mom was so arrogant as usual. she actually acts like mrs ji stole jenny from her and accuses mrs ji of being a bad parent who lost jenny. mrs ji is so taken aback and vows that shady mom will never get to see jenny again. while leaving the prison, shady mom says "well thats done" -- so not sure if she did that to let jenny go or it was just a reflection of the showdown. @tulip06 ~ just saw your post above and I was also wondering the same thing. guess we will know in tomorrow's ep?

mrs ji chats with song ah and notes that jenny never talks ill of shady mom. mrs ji feels really sad at the ties between shady mom and jenny. song ah wisely responds that they will now build a relationship with her.

wondering what we will have in the last episode. guess a time leap? and just everything resolved magically?

am kind of disappointed that we never got to see kyung in interact with man soo after all the chaos. hope the last episode has the two of them meet and say bye. whatever happened to that book? shouldn't it be released by now?

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

At the end of that fight with Ms. Ji, what does WSJ mean when she looks back at Ms. Ji and says in her head, "It's over now.  I did what I had to do."  Does that mean she planned to accept Ms. Ji telling her to back off Jenny for life?

My opinion is she wanted to seem shameless and un-regretful to Ms. Ji in order to make sure they do not allow Jenny to run to the prison or to look back at her with residue feelings.  I think that was her one good deed to Jenny in making sure Jenny cuts ties with her. The woman is evil and hateful as well as greedy and shameless but I think she riled up Ms. Ji to make sure that her protective instincts were high so that they made sure that Jenny never seeks her out and Jenny could accept going back to her birth mom and family. 

@Ldy Gmerm.. that's exactly what I was thinking as I watched this last episode.  It was a tactic by Wang Soo Jin to cut ties and make sure Kyung Ah moves on to the life with her real family.  I would expect WSJ to refuse to see Kyung Ah if she ever showed up, but I'm guessing the last episode will be the time jump with a new life for everybody.

Archived