[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

We are nearing the end of the drama and it now turns to tying up loose ends.  One thing I would like to  see is Mrs JI and SA give it  to the aunt and EJ over their poor treatment of SA and Jenny.  Reconciliation between ES and Jenny will happen but I don't want them living at ES 's house.  I also agree the grampa also needs to be taught a lesson, his family has been awful to Jenny ,SA and ES and  seems  he has  done nothing about it. His solution is always to give money as compensation.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

I'm going to agree with you @chococarmela. I'd also like to see ES get some kind of happiness. He's basically alone now. His family treat him like trash. Jenny has her mum and sister, and seems to have more empathy for MS than the father of her child, who also suffered at the hands of Shady (& MS when he framed him and sent him to jail). He's a decent guy who never hurt anyone, so it would be disheartening to see him end up alone, especially if MS gets forgiven.

was a bit surprised by that. it is kind of weird that she feels more connected to man soo during this mess and rejects eun seok even though he wants to help. the drama hasn't really been strong on romance.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

was a bit surprised by that. it is kind of weird that she feels more connected to man soo during this mess and rejects eun seok even though he wants to help. the drama hasn't really been strong on romance.

I think because they share the same mother, Black Rose. Both are looking for her, and both cared about her somehow. It is the common thing between them, I don't think she cares about him romantically. 

Also she knew him for ten years, but ES met her only recently. We all know that she will end up with ES as most dailies

hmm, the episode felt kind of low key. hahahah... so a whole bunch of tears. man soo is on his knees while jenny and mrs ji get mad. mrs ji alternates between being mad, acknowledging that man soo got killed almost twice and wanting to just walk away from it all. mrs ji wisely says that there is no point in man soo apologizing but what they really need is an apology from shady mom. jenny is all "how could you not tell me?" but then she conveniently forgets how she listened to whatever nonsense shady mom used to say. she was willing to go to LA thinking shady mom will just turn herself in. how is she different from man soo who felt it is better if shady mom told the truth and was trying to persuade her? mrs ji's anger makes sense to me but was rolling my eyes at jenny logic -- it is a case of pot calling the kettle black. both the kids were trying to somehow make shady mom take responsibility and both failed.

so shady mom calls jenny wanting some cash and she agrees to meet in a park. man soo says he will go meet her and catch her but jenny insists that she will go because she needs to meet shady mom one last time. mrs ji is frustrated and doesn't want either to really go. she is worried about man soo's health and jenny's safety. the sort-of-siblings go to park where a biker takes off with the bag. man soo has as usual thought one step ahead and put a gps tracker in the bag. he tells jenny to go home but she tells him that she needs to meet shady mom. she also acknowledges something that she can't tell others -- shady mom has been her mom for so long that she still feels that tie. so she needs to meet her in person if it is the last time. that was pretty much the episode.

I'll second the idea that Kim Hye Sun (Shady Mom) and Yoon Bok In (Mrs. Ji) should get awards for their performances in this drama.  They hit it out of the park for giving it their all in a daily drama.  At no time did either of them act like they were just going through the motions;  I hope they are rewarded for such great performances.

If Shady Mom ends up in a prison outfit, that will be the second time I've seen that actress in prison.  She was a mistress and embezzler in "If Tomorrow Comes" (2011).  I hope she doesn't get typecast!  :D

How ironic that ES's aunt thinks it's O.K. for his child to be raised without a father.  Her own husband abandoned her and the kids and never had contact again with them.  Maybe ES could show a rebellious spirit and move out of the house to live with his new family.  He's the one being groomed for that company anyway, so maybe he should show that he can do the right thing to protect his wife and child.<_<

@msmy I was thinking it would probably be best if ES moved out to life with Jenny and Ms Ji and the rest over at their house. The others need the space with twins coming, and Kyung In can get a place of her own.

Wow, no one can tell a cross-dresser in dramas, ever? Even when they’ve got a clear hour-glass figure with boobs and butt?  Wearing a suit with glasses and hat, must be a man! 

@Lmangla Funny how the other considerations for MS seem to be forgotten: Jenny’s obstuseness, blankness, how she would get those treatments that made her refuse to listen anything, how she would avoid him, how he tried to get her to know Ms Ji and Song Ah, how he took time to make sure they were related, how Shady was mixed up with a criminal organization and was a murderer and so it was best she admitted to having Jenny and brought her to Ma Ji herself etc.

Shady Mom is in custody after a contentious confrontation with both MS and Jenny in the restaurant.  Outstanding performances by all three.  MS and Jenny let her have it and all of them were crying and venting.  Mom  finally agreed to turning herself in, then bolted on the way out and climbed the stairs to the rooftop.  MS rushed after her (I thought he was so injured?) and she tried to climb over the railing but was stopped.  After more conversation (DJ and ES in the background watching) I think Jenny told her that she was pregnant (?? not sure).  The police arrived to take her in after she calmed down and Jenny appealed to her again.

Song Ah called DJ and told about Kyung Ah/Jenny.  Then ES found out and raged at MS (too little too late).  The Oh's still don't know about Jenny,  but they saw the arrest on TV.  ES said something to Jenny after he found out, but Jenny is acting like she really doesn't care about him and his family anymore.  There seems to be that very strong attachment to shady Mom even now.

Preview shows gangster bro getting picked up.

Yep  again I really dont like  Jenny at all  and its rare for me to dislike a lead.

She does not seem to realize that evil mom is the cause of like everything and MS the idiot he is did nothing to help that. But yes continue  to be  sour towards the one person that told you the truth real smart.

12 hours ago, msmy said:

If Shady Mom ends up in a prison outfit, that will be the second time I've seen that actress in prison.  She was a mistress and embezzler in "If Tomorrow Comes" (2011).  I hope she doesn't get typecast!  :D

You should watch shady mom in "New Tales of Gisaeng"... You might wonder if that's just her long lost twin with a totally different personality...

Jenny's bond with shady mom is very strong, they depended on each other for so long. Jenny took care of shady mom all her life and supported her financially. I totally understand her attempt to save Shady mom who was trying to die instead of getting caught. You just can't erase 20+ years from your life

today's episode had lot of emotional punches. shady mom is an interesting character where she is defiant till the end. she is the type of person who would rather die than admit she's wrong. shady mom is at the restaurant and both eun seok and dong joo are there already. man soo goes to meet her alone and jenny gives him the space as she gets that he needs a few minutes. even dong joo and eun seok watch him go but since the cops are nearby, they decide to not interfere immediately.

shady mom lashes out at man soo for ruining her life and that he was a pain even when he was born and her life has now spiraled out because of him. he is naturally upset and tells her that if the knife had gone in a few inches more, he would be dead. he tells her that the wound in his heart aches more than the physical wound and his heart ached whenever he was with mrs ji or jenny as he felt so bad. shady mom finally admits that she was proud to find out he was her son and horrified at the same time and felt she would be punished by heaven for her actions. at the same time, she still has lots of self-pity and says that she abandoned him because she didn't want him to have the kind of life she did. he doesn't quite buy that line from her.

then jenny pops up and asks her why she would keep a child. shady mom has no answer except that jenny was pretty. jenny is naturally confounded by such an answer and asks if everything was a lie including the 20+ years. did shady mom even love jenny at any point? but shady mom has no answer to give. as usual, she tries to run off by telling she needs to go to the bathroom before the police arrive but then rushes off to the roof. her intention is to jump off. only after jennny pops up and tells her that she is pregnant, does shady mom pause. @nohamahamoud2002 @msmy ~ the bond is so strong that jenny promises to show the child to shady mom, visit her in jail regularly, write, send food and even make a petition to the court saying shady mom was a good parent. not sure how to react to all of that. it would have actually been interesting if this happened around ep 90 and the fall out of jenny's reactions on everyone else. since shady mom feels jenny is not going to abandon her, she agrees to turn herself in.

eun seok is all "I am the father of your child" but jenny basically shrugs and keeps walking. she is too exhausted by everything. eun seok blames man soo for not telling earlier and saying they got divorced because she was black rose daughter. was shaking my head at that. jenny still feels on some level that she is black rose daughter. that is not going to change. the girl still intends to keep the ties with shady mom and even visit in jail.

find it interesting that of all the characters, dong joo is the most sympathetic to man soo. is it because he used to be a police and so he gets the idea of slowly working to gather evidence and then going after the criminal? man soo's bodyguard is pretty protective and puts an end to eun seok's conversation as man soo is still quite ill. man soo tells that he will give an explanation if eun seok ever wants to listen... it is so strange that we are 2 episodes away from the end and it is happening now.

I'm a little confused. Does ES have no parental rights? How can Jenny just decide to exclude him from his child's life, let alone taking the baby to visit the woman who murdered it's paternal grandfather? Also, that's pretty nasty. It's not like he abused her or anything. Yet Shady is a child abuser, and Jenny thinks she's more worthy to have around her kid? Jenny is the worst FL ever.

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Jenny's bond with shady mom is very strong, they depended on each other for so long. Jenny took care of shady mom all her life and supported her financially. I totally understand her attempt to save Shady mom who was trying to die instead of getting caught. You just can't erase 20+ years from your life

Thats fine if she wasnt being so nasty to ES ignoring what shady mom did to ES family its really messed up how little regard she seems to have for ES.  

Her attitude has been awful and I doubt she can redeem herself with so little time left.She never seen stuff from his perspective. 

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Thats fine if she wasnt being so nasty to ES ignoring what shady mom did to ES family its really messed up how little regard she seems to have for ES.  

Her attitude has been awful and I doubt she can redeem herself with so little time left.She never seen stuff from his perspective. 

well, you got a point. Really this is illogical from the writer. I mean the reaction of Jenny towards ES is not right. does she choose Black rose over her husband? I mean it seems she has stronger feelings towards her fake mother than any other person

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

well, you got a point. Really this is illogical from the writer. I mean the reaction of Jenny towards ES is not right. does she choose Black rose over her husband? I mean it seems she has stronger feelings towards her fake mother than any other person

makes me think man soo wasn't that crazy for thinking they would all be one happy family if he got married to jenny. :sweatingbullets:

Hmm, seems like Jenny doesn’t like ES very much anymore.  I have to say, that’s normal for women. When they are done with relationships, they are done. 

I felt so bad for MS. His dad raised him and was available for h8m, so Shady’s excuses must’ve seemed weak to him like they did me. And she didn’t even hug him or give him last words as she went in the police car.

No words for ES’s weird faces.

Yeah ES was right in divorcing her she did not distance herself from her mom at all  not did she seem to care that much either. Also its totally disrespectful to her real mom at this point.

Her whole attitude is disgusting to me to be honest.I never seen nothing like this. She cares very little about other peoples feelings she only cares about herself.  

25 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah ES was right in divorcing her she did not distance herself from her mom at all  not did she seem to care that much either. Also its totally disrespectful to her real mom at this point.

Her whole attitude is disgusting to me to be honest.I never seen nothing like this. She cares very little about other peoples feelings she only cares about herself.  

Right on point. Totally weird. Somehow in the last 2 episodes, she's going to fall in love with ES all over again. I though the last week would be better than the rest of this horrible show but it disappoints as well. Actually, I fell sorry for the cast. There has been some good acting in this show across the board. However, even the good acting couldn't save a bad script.

Archived