[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

53 minutes ago, joccu said:

ANd why of why jenny is still naive? I mean she already knows that her mom is up to no good. 

she doesn't watch kdramas. hahahahha.....^_^

but it is given that jenny is now going to fall for this sick mom routine and give in to shady mom. it will be weird if these two get married so fast. eun seok looked like he was going to beat shady mom with the bouquet instead of walking to greet her. hahahah... but everyone does have a point -- given how weird shady mom is, why does he want jenny? and unless jenny is willing to fight for eun seok, which she won't, what is the point? guess, we will now go into the separation angst phase?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tulip06, thankfully my mother isn’t meddlesome even though she lives with me. 

As to Man Soo and his revenge plot, he shouldn’t be upset when people don’t act according to his will. It’s enough that Ms. Naive is constantly dancing to her shady mother’s drum but I would hate to see the other characters dancing to anyone else’s drum. 

I heard that the Chairman objected to Eun Seok marrying Jenny and I hope he continues to object. However I know that Jenny is the lead so it’s unfortunately inevitable that Eun Seok will stay entangled with her.

@Lmangla, I guess it would be too much to hope another woman shows up to interest Eun Seok. To be clear, I don’t dislike Jenny but her lack of common sense and maturity makes me unsympathetic to her. On some level I can understand that Eun Seok might be attracted to her looks and even her character but as a viewer I wish he would put the brakes on his involvement with her.

14 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Lmangla, I guess it would be too much to hope another woman shows up to interest Eun Seok. To be clear, I don’t dislike Jenny but her lack of common sense and maturity makes me unsympathetic to her. On some level I can understand that Eun Seok might be attracted to her looks and even her character but as a viewer I wish he would put the brakes on his involvement with her.

kekkee... for once I agree with you; she is way too passive and he is going to get frustrated when he realizes that she is not going to fight for what she wants. he on the other hand is very strong willed. maybe because he senses the danger and that jenny can't really process what's at stake, he may be more forgiving of her. lets see. it would be actually kind of fun if we had a triangle where jenny feels compelled to do something after she sees eun seok moving on! hahahaha...

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

It’s like he’s playing a game with people’s lives because he already knows Jenny and Song Ah are sisters and is just sitting on that information. What, is there no legal and justice system in Korea so that the authorities can’t be trusted to take down shady mom? :blink:

chairman has been trying for over 20 odd years to get this black rose. whatever shady mom is, she is very resourceful because she wasn't caught by the police or the previous investigators that chairman hired. in a way, it is believable. when you watch cold case files, it is depressing how people get away with something for so long. so we don't know what man soo is plotting but he may not have evidence that can be legally produced to convict her.

Back from my travels in the land of drama and have caught up with this one. Some thoughts...

First of all Jenny's fake mom. My wife assures me the actress playing this role is talented and popular. I just don't see it myself. Her angry face and acting seems forced. I see no authenticity in her portrayal of the character. That stupid angry face is the same all of the time and it looks idiotic to me.

Eun Sook's aunt and Young Man. I call them Dumb and Dumber. The two most moronic characters I have seen in a drama. The aunt seems to be sabotaging the company in order to make Eun Sook look bad. I don't get this story line. I find myself wanting to fast forward through any scene one of these two is in.

My favorite character so far is Eun Ji. I know she is a rookie actress but she appears to be a very talented one. Her scenes do not seem to be forced and she looks very comfortable playing her character. This character is growing on me because I find her attempts at getting Dong Joo's attention cute and funny. She is a funny ding bat. 

Also, for some odd reason I have taking a liking to Song Ah's mother. At some point she will realize Jenny is her long lost daughter. I can't wait for her reaction to that moment.

I totally understand the chairman's reaction to not letting Eun Sook marry Jenny right now. Who would want their child or grandchild to have such a horrible person as Jenny's fake mom as a mother-in-law. He'll sign off once the truth comes out regarding who Jenny really is.

The young actress playing Ma Eum is very good. I really love her scenes as well.

@Lmangla, I have watched Cold Case Files both drama based and reality tv so I do understand how some criminals get away with crime without being found especially back in the day when forensic science was not as technology advanced.  In fact, my friend and I watch and read so many crime shows and books, respectively that we practically live like potential victims here in our area of the world. :lol:

I’m of the same mind as Hercule Poirot and Mrs. Marple that crime is serious business. Perhaps Man Soo wants to make shady mom go down for a particular crime but I can’t agree with him knowing that shady mom kidnapped Jenny as a kid and sitting on that information especially when he already has DNA evidence. Furthermore, if he knows how dangerous shady mom is, it’s even worse that he keeps this to himself while saying he cares about Jenny. There are many things that can happen outside his control and there’s no guarantee that shady mom wouldn’t act contrary to his expectations if triggered by certain factors.

7 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

@celebrianna it’s true, Man Soo is Shady too. :smirk:

kekekek... that just cracked me up. shady mom and now we have shady man soo. LOL. :lol:

then we have dumb and dumber family. feel like the others need some label as well. hahahahha.... so the garden house gang? -- song ah + mom, dong joo + kyung ah + ma eum... jenny is ofcourse with dumb and dumber. LOL. as for eun seok and chairman?

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

There are many things that can happen outside his control and there’s no guarantee that shady mom wouldn’t act contrary to his expectations if triggered by certain factors.

thats true. the first trigger is eun seok's mad love for jenny. :D

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

This character is growing on me because I find her attempts at getting Dong Joo's attention cute and funny. She is a funny ding bat. 

was laughing when dong joo made this huge face as he drank the chocolate latte she brought him. the poor fella. he is going to be so horrified when he realizes she has a crush on him.

I see a tragic accident in Eun Seok's future.  He is head over heels with Jenny and wants to marry her, going against her mother and his grandfather's wishes.  There is no way shady mom or Man Su are going to allow that to happen.  I think we will be seeing an amnesia plot soon for Eun Seok based on his accident.  That will take up at least a few (40 or so) episodes in order to keep things going.  I can't think of anything else to keep the story alive at this point.  

Jenny is pretty meek when it comes to her shady Mom, but goes right after Man Soo.  She is totally turned off by him.  Dong Joo and Kyung Soo talk briefly about the mystery case, but I wish that would start to develop more.... this is getting boring.  Jenny is so distraught over her mother's bizarre behavior toward Song Ah and her mother that the preview shows her climbing the rooftop barrier and thinking about jumping.

I'm only here who seems to understand Jenny. It's really dificult for her. For these Years shady mom was her loved mom very protective. So she is very confused and sad and for this moment she doesn't know that she was raised by a monster criminal. So she enters in a new worls where her mother become a ennemy. Many cry, saddest moment is about to Start for her

4 hours ago, Flod1 said:

I'm only here who seems to understand Jenny. It's really dificult for her. For these Years shady mom was her loved mom very protective. So she is very confused and sad and for this moment she doesn't know that she was raised by a monster criminal. So she enters in a new worls where her mother become a ennemy. Many cry, saddest moment is about to Start for her

I felt bad for her this episode. Still not my favorite heroine, but I felt bad for her, and it was more to do with the villainess’s acting. Even Man Soo was shocked!

After watching ep 32, let me say that shady mom is batsh!t crazy! Who reacts so violently when someone cares for your kid?

I loved Song ah telling aunt that she will call police if she hit her again.  Finally a writer that recognizes that a slap is battery! 

I think Eunji will cause Eunsuk fashion show to fail with a  horrible incident befalling on Eunsuk. 

I'm ready for Dongjoo to manhandle Youngman tomorrow. Youngman does not know what a real man is like.  Lol

11 minutes ago, tarjig said:

I loved Song ah telling aunt that she will call police if she hit her again.  Finally a writer that recognizes that a slap is battery!

Except the writer then has the aunt accuse Song Ah of kidnapping because she let Jenny stay at her house. smh

13 minutes ago, msmy said:

That's a stretch, isn't it?  Kidnapping an adult !  :D

exactly. wish someone would point out that jenny is 30 years old and she is free to do as she wishes. but then again, even jenny acts like she's 15 and does not stand up for herself. so it makes sense that everyone around her treats her like a child to be protected. it is hard for me to feel sorry for jenny. even when she was crying, my response was meh. basically, every time shady mom acts psycho, she just stands there like a mute spectator. why not tell shady mom that her actions are not acceptable? instead, the only person she fights with is man soo. part of me feels that jenny is so passive that she is a danger to others. since she won't fight for them, it leaves them defenseless and vulnerable to silly accusations like kidnapping.

1 hour ago, tarjig said:

I'm ready for Dongjoo to manhandle Youngman tomorrow. Youngman does not know what a real man is like.  Lol

that should be fun to watch. loved it that kyung in quit and her business proposal notes were hilarious. LOL.

19 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I see a tragic accident in Eun Seok's future.  He is head over heels with Jenny and wants to marry her, going against her mother and his grandfather's wishes.  There is no way shady mom or Man Su are going to allow that to happen.  I think we will be seeing an amnesia plot soon for Eun Seok based on his accident.  That will take up at least a few (40 or so) episodes in order to keep things going.  I can't think of anything else to keep the story alive at this point.  

actually amnesia plot would be kind of fun. hahahah.. it would be nice to see jenny turn a bit aggressive and actually fight for eun seok instead of him chasing her like an idiot.

Thank goodness Song Ah and Eun Suk are in communication with each other, so ES gets even more info about shady Mom's bizarre and neurotic behavior.  He already knows about her past plots, so this last episode is just more huge red flags to raise serious questions about who and what she really is.  I would hope to see ES and Dong Joo communicating a little more about  Shady Mom's actions.  That has to come up somehow.

I find Young Man's character very odd, since he is portrayed more like an immature college kid than a man who was married , divorced, and had a child that died.   Those kind of  life experiences should have some impact on his maturity as a person, but those factors are ignored by the writer.  Song Ah showed a little more backbone toward her former MIL, but frankly, I'd be so bitter that I'd be throwing it in her face every chance I got that MIL was responsible for the death of her daughter.

Despite the suspense, the events are rather predictable. From the start we all guessed that the shady mom is the fugitive and that jenny's sis  will like Dong joo and his daughter. I like Dong joo's sis very much. I am still unable to catch up. I am mostly tired so I watch only 2 episodes daily. I like the drama very much

6 hours ago, msmy said:

That's a stretch, isn't it?  Kidnapping an adult !  :D

But Jenny is a bit special needs.

8 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Despite the suspense, the events are rather predictable. From the start we all guessed that the shady mom is the fugitive and that jenny's sis  will like Dong joo and his daughter. I like Dong joo's sis very much. I am still unable to catch up. I am mostly tired so I watch only 2 episodes daily. I like the drama very much

You can skip all the bromancing and the “oh my gosh we are meant to be friend-sing” which take up huge chunks of each episodes. Like, we get it, these families found each other and just fit, yunno?   

Archived