[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

jenny is naturally shocked and can't believe that she isn't shady mom's daughter. she accuses eun seok of making up stories and only when presented with proof about the dna test can she accept that man soo and shady mom are related. even then, she has a tough time digesting the news and tells eun seok to stay out of their family affairs. makes me think that this might be why man soo did not immediately tell jenny -- she would have rejected the truth anyway.

@Lmangla  Jenny is suffering from  Stockholm’s syndromes. She was kidnapped at a young age. Let me tell you , she will eventually forgive shady mom and still love her. Shady mom May have kidnapped and then abused her. But eventually she changed for Jenny. She formed a bond with Jenny because Jenny became a thief to please her. Jenny chose her when the authorities tried to take her away. Shady mom may be evil but in Jenny’s eyes she will be her mom forever. It is sad but fact. They were together for such a long time. 

I really hope ES forgets about Jenny. She obviously didn't really love him and has decided to treat him nastily to take the side of her criminal mum and lying MS. Once he has enough proof to have Shady convicted, he should enjoy the retribution and forget them forever. 

Episode 115

In "Sunny Again Tomorrow" (121 episodes), in episodes after episodes, there were a lot of scenes in which Jin-Hee, lost Sunny's bio mother, looked at kid Sunny's photos with tears in her eyes, wailed to her mother about missing her lost daughter, or had sleepless nights.

Yet, they were reunited only in the last 2-3 episodes. After reunion, there was no scene in which they spent intimate time together to make up for lost time. There was no scene in which they worked, dined, slept, or went to park together. There was not even a scene that Sunny slept at her bio mother's house. There were two scenes, around 3 minutes each, in which they talked with each other. However, there were other persons, and the topic of their talks were not about lost memories, but other people. In short, the writer & director gave heaps of unhapy scenes but only 2-3 'crumb'/scant happy scenes. Considering the length of the wait (up to episode 118) for the happy reunion, this treament was not fair to viewers.

Now, in this serial, in episodes after episodes, there were scenes in Hwa-Ja, Jenny's bio mother, look at kid Jenny's photos with tears in her eyes, wailed to Song-Ah about missing her lost daughter, or have sleeples nights, even sleep-walk.

Yet , there is little sign that they would be reunited soon. In this episode, Jenny foolishly tells Black Rose that she wants to have DNA test and Black Rose plans to stop her; this means that Jenny-Hwa'Jas reuinion may be delayed further.

One sincerely hopes that, here, the writer & director do not plan a similar tactic, i.e., to reunite them only in the last 2-3 episodes. One sincerely hopes that they might give viewers more happy reunion scenes, and not only 'crumb'/scant scenes (i.e., 2-3 short scenes in which Jenny & Hwa-Ja spend quality times to make up for lost times), as such treatment is super annoying.

Jenny goes home and a search team arrives to take evidence from shady Mom's room and Jenny's.  Not sure of who gave the order, but maybe from MS?  The single black rose earring is taken.   Jenny is a mess and has a persistent cough.

Jenny took the toothbrushes to do a test... Mom is panicky, and still on the run.  She tells Jenny not to do the test.  Preview shows her with the test result and I think it is as it should be (not related).

MS is wiggling and crying, but his eyes are not open.  Mrs. Ji stops in to see him and holds his hand and talks to him.  She notices he is somewhat responsive.   Outside, Song Ah suggests that Mrs. Ji take Jenny to get her cough checked out.  Whatever the doctor told her is shocking, so maybe there is a serious disorder coming up.  Probably a "donor" is needed, so guess who that would be??<_<

Excuse me while I be real petty for a minute, but I really hate the way they style Jenny's hair now. That weird bump/wave looks like she slept in a ponytail and just took it out. When you see her from behind her hair helmet looks like an orange cap mushroom. It's really distracting for me. I may be a very superficial person though haha. Or the episodes have gotten so tedious with all the sobbing etc, that I can't help but focus on silly details. I seemed to pay a lot more attention to what was on everyone's dinner tables last episode too.

Oh Jenny may be pregnant that was the shocking thing lololo I  guess once you marry in a drama we have to assume they made love.

Daily dramas need to stop being afraid of showing people in love Just look at Gangnam Scandal they where in love  in  that show  and you can tell.

How is coughing a symptom of pregnancy? Plus how do you get pregnant when the closest you've gotten to your hubby is sitting on the bed while he's perched on a chair? What will MS do now? How can he continue to obsess over Jenny when ES baby is in her? I bet the first words he says when he wakes up is "Jenny. Jenny. Jenny" 

7 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

Excuse me while I be real petty for a minute, but I really hate the way they style Jenny's hair now. That weird bump/wave looks like she slept in a ponytail and just took it out. When you see her from behind her hair helmet looks like an orange cap mushroom. It's really distracting for me. I may be a very superficial person though haha. Or the episodes have gotten so tedious with all the sobbing etc, that I can't help but focus on silly details. I seemed to pay a lot more attention to what was on everyone's dinner tables last episode too.

Jenny has almost worst style of every single character in this show, and she is supposed to be a top fashion designer! I seriously have to take deep breaths when I see some of the disasters that she wears. The show stylists must hate the actress. At best, her style has been boring, but when they try, they really make her look bad. Of course, Shady takes the cake, which is why I said almost, but I think Shady’s is part of the character. 

Songah’s style, Ae Young, and the Aunt, are all really chic.

jenny being sad in that scallop shirt just made her look sadder. hahahah... I kept wondering about that scallop sleeves. was the designer inspired by fish scales? or alligator scales? :sweatingbullets:

@Bejaffled ~ you are not the only one who gets distracted by random stuff. even when a drama is good, I am sometimes more entranced by the set! hahahaha...  @tulip06 ~ actually liked shady mom's style. felt it was always in tune with her weird over-the-top character. hahahahah...

so besides the pregnancy, I actually liked some of the interactions as the characters try to come to terms with the news. mrs ji and dong joo had a nice chat. mrs ji is both sad and furious about man soo and jenny. so she can't wrap her head around how man soo hung around shady mom without revealing their relationship. dong joo then adds that he understands as he too lost his parents when young and really missed them. he tells that man soo must have also felt despair and disgust at shady mom suggesting that is why he didn't reveal the relationship. mrs ji agrees that shady mom has bad character and is not someone you want to be related to. so she understands man soo's conflicting emotions.

jenny is stunned to hear from the prosecution that shady mom put a hit on man soo. it is kind of funny that she only wants to talk to man soo as he is the only she can chat freely about shady mom. so all these years, she ignored him and thought of him as a pest but now, he is the only one who can be her friend now. he cries even though he is unconscious. she wonders why he wanted to know shady mom when she is so bad. this is the same girl who is reluctant to dump shady mom. so she should understand what he feels. mrs ji visits and he also cries then while unconscious. she is very encouraging and tells him to wake up and that it is natural to cry. so yea, man soo is already crying even while unconscious. more tears after he wakes up?

because the prosecution has caught the assassin who confessed that shady mom was behind the hit, it doesn't look like shady mom will get off easy. it does not matter if man soo does not press charges because the prosecution will do so anyway. @nohamahamoud2002 ~ can't believe they have already wrapped up. there's still another week of episodes left right? or was the PD just good with planning and so finished up early?

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

nohamahamoud2002 ~ can't believe they have already wrapped up. there's still another week of episodes left right? or was the PD just good with planning and so finished up early?

they usually finish one week early :) 

look at home for summer and A place in the sun

they finished early too :)

12 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I think we have another week of chasing Shady mom down, @Lmangla

oh wait, it’s only Wednesday. Hmm. 

Update: looks like it ends this Friday per dramawiki.

Is there another SBS drama after this? There’s no info.

The last I heard this one ends on the 9th. The next drama "Wanna Taste?" starts on Nov. 11th. It has Shim Yi Young, Han Young and Lim Chae Mu from "Happy Sisters" and Seo Do Young from "Kangnam Scandal" in the cast. They have been shooting for a few weeks now according to Shim Yi Young's IG.

16 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

The last I heard this one ends on the 9th. The next drama "Wanna Taste?" starts on Nov. 11th. It has Shim Yi Young, Han Young and Lim Chae Mu from "Happy Sisters" and Seo Do Young from "Kangnam Scandal" in the cast. They have been shooting for a few weeks now according to Shim Yi Young's IG.

I created a thread for it 6 weeks back :) 

Han Yeong appears as a cameo (I checked Hancinema)

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

Update: looks like it ends this Friday per dramawiki.

in koreandrama.org, they have the next drama Wanna taste starting on Nov 11.

the other two daily dramas that are starting -- Gracious Revenge (Nov 4), Unasked Family (Oct 28)

Archived