[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

So I just started watching this drama and I just finished watching episode two, I’m so confused with what’s going on Jenny’s mom seems very odd, just wanted to ask does it get better is it worth watching it? As I am unsure if I like it or not :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first half of episode 16 is pretty much all about irresponsible Young Man in his drunken state, then coming home and getting chastised by Grandpa.  Gramps tries to kick out daughter and kids, but they push back and I don't think they'll be moving.

Chairman Oh tells Eun Suk that  Young Man ruined their business, and wants ES to take over all of J Group's businesses.  Daughter senses that ES is going to cheat them out of what is theirs, so the war is on.   At the office, ES is meeting with Song Ah, and he gets a call from Jenny.  He tells Jenny that he is returning to Japan to settle the sale of his apartment.  They plan to meet.  Song Ah is surprised when she hears that Jenny and ES know each other, and wants an introduction as Jenny is a person Song Ah admires.  

Dong Joo reports to work and meets Eun Suk.  DJ has a big office and looks nice in his suit.  Song Ah only knows that DJ is working at a big company and is a personal assistant.  Perhaps they'll meet as she is at ES's office.

Preview shows mean Mom eyeing Jenny's phone, and is suspicious, so I guess she will spring into action again to cut Jenny off from calling anyone.

At the very beginning of this episode, it shows Man Soo pondering the past, and once again the subtitle has him referring to "Mom".  I would appeal to our Korean speakers if that is correct, or is the translation wrong?

2 hours ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

So I just started watching this drama and I just finished watching episode two, I’m so confused with what’s going on Jenny’s mom seems very odd, just wanted to ask does it get better is it worth watching it? As I am unsure if I like it or not :lol:

am biased but would say yes. hahahaah.... jenny's mom is shady and is a criminal -- though the exact nature of all of her crimes is yet to be revealed. (some you will find out as you watch further on)...  the drama seems to be more about what will happen after the fallout when the truth comes out... so yea, it is a bit of a mystery + romance + family -- a good mix so far.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am biased but would say yes. hahahaah.... jenny's mom is shady and is a criminal -- though the exact nature of all of her crimes is yet to be revealed. (some you will find out as you watch further on)...  the drama seems to be more about what will happen after the fallout when the truth comes out... so yea, it is a bit of a mystery + romance + family -- a good mix so far.

Thank you! So just finished watching episode four wow that women is crazy kidnapping a girl and making her think she has all these illnesses and allergies! Going to keep watching it feel intrigued 

Well looks like shady lady underestimated Jenny lol. Even when shady lady deleted ES number from the cellphone, she went to the company website and found the office number and called them lol:joy:. Jenny is behaving like a curious kid and I won't be surprised if she leaves the country with ES at this rate:sweat_smile:. But this is gonna bite the cousin's richard simmons later when ES finds out she didn't tell him about the phone call. I thought the girl was smart but it seems like I gave her a lot of credit<_<. Aunty thinks she can separate them, well she has no idea her precious nephew is on his way to see her:lol:.

Looks like ES finds out something and it looks serious in the preview. He does go to Japan and it shows him seeing shady lady talking to another woman (a staff maybe) but no Jenny around. I have a feeling he is gonna sneak at their place lol. Also shady lady wants some investigation on MS regarding some wedding (It showed SA). Now how did this happen? Guess we need subs to understand what they talked about when they were having lunch. 

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So, I think Eunji might be redeemable since she knows her mom and bro are awful and calls them out on it. Plus, grandpa was willing to let her stay.

actually looks like all three will probably get redeemed -- laws of dramaland! hahahahha.. but besides that, it is interesting that both grandpa and eun seok are well aware that aunt and her kids want the company and will try and do something sneaky. but rather than see them as real threats, both seem rather nonchalant about it. he even finds eun ji's spying amusing. guess, the aunt and her kids are basically dumb and dumber? hahahahha...

but thought it was interesting that eun seok said he was jealous of young man when he was child but aunt thought he was being sarcastic. perhaps, despite their flaws, he sees that the three of them are a family and love each other and he misses that. maybe if she didn't see eun seok as a threat, aunt would probably be nicer to him?

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

Well looks like shady lady underestimated Jenny lol. Even when shady lady deleted ES number from the cellphone, she went to the company website and found the office number and called them lol:joy:

the power of love waking up her brain cells? hahahah... :lol:

@chococarmela @Greta Masalskyte ~ what are your impressions so far? characters that you are really enjoying or intrigued by?

9 hours ago, lu09 said:

Also shady lady wants some investigation on MS regarding some wedding (It showed SA). Now how did this happen? Guess we need subs to understand what they talked about when they were having lunch. 

man soo told shady mom that he remembered seeing song ah at her wedding. shady mom wanted details but he said that he sweeps through the hotel on a daily basis and there's always a wedding. he basically peeks in to make sure all is going well. he said that he remembered seeing a bride but has no recollection of any other details. so he asks if he should look into it further but shady mom says no. looks like shady mom herself will do further digging. probably man soo wants her to look and so giving her hints. kekekek....

It's pretty appalling at the lack of professionalism in the J Group offices.  Song Ah is treated so badly by this group of thugs, I look forward to seeing her victory in the end.  I hope Chairman doesn't have a stroke trying to deal with these losers.

So shady Mom is going out on her own to discover who is in the picture... HA!  Once the pieces are put together she'll be pretty rattled.  I can see some of these surprises drip, drip, dripping through the next 20 episodes... Oh, boy!:D

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

what are your impressions so far? characters that you are really enjoying or intrigued by?

So far I am quite enjoying so now I’m onto episode 7 and I can’t stand the shady mum she’s absolutely horrible and she’s not even trying to act that she’s not I have a feeling she’s that’s killer :o I like Jenny but she should try standing up to her mum and telling her enough is enough.. I like that main guy who likes Jenny he seems really smart!

Also, I noticed that in the first house where the mum and daughter lived the house was the same as in Gangnam Scandal which I thought was funny 

5 minutes ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

Also, I noticed that in the first house where the mum and daughter lived the house was the same as in Gangnam Scandal which I thought was funny 

guess they love recycling the sets. keeps the cost low? ^_^

@lu09 I wonder why. In any case, it seemed like it would have been an interesting episode today as Eun Seok discovers shady mom is the one who collected Jenny’s things and it seems like he intended to start following shady mom to see what she’s up to. 

I don’t understand why drama shows constantly overlook the reality of passcodes on cell phones. I hardly know anybody who uses a smart phone and doesn’t use a passcode. I know it’s ideal for the plot that passcodes don’t exist but writers should be more creative and get with the times.

28 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I don’t understand why drama shows constantly overlook the reality of passcodes on cell phones. I hardly know anybody who uses a smart phone and doesn’t use a passcode. I know it’s ideal for the plot that passcodes don’t exist but writers should be more creative and get with the times.

bawahahaha... I don't have a passcode on my phone. :joy:

@Lmangla, why? Aren’t you afraid that your information might get stolen. I have my passwords for many sites on my smartphone including my bank stuff. I use my fingerprint and passcode for phone security. 

I figured with Jenny it’s understandable that she doesn’t have a passcode seeing she lives in Lala land. She doesn’t even find it suspicious that Eun Seok’s number just up and disappeared from her contacts. Unless the phone crashed or something, why would it suddenly disappear? Ugh.

20 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Lmangla, why? Aren’t you afraid that your information might get stolen. I have my passwords for many sites on my smartphone including my bank stuff. I use my fingerprint and passcode for phone security.  

I figured with Jenny it’s understandable that she doesn’t have a passcode seeing she lives in Lala land. She doesn’t even find it suspicious that Eun Seok’s number just up and disappeared from her contacts. Unless the phone crashed or something, why would it suddenly disappear? Ugh.

am very old school. phone can get lost, stolen, misplaced, crash, get a bug, hacked.... so I don't save such info on the phone. so my phone is just for calling, messaging, taking pics and playing games. :joy: ...

jenny is super in lala land and so it is amazing that she even thought of finding the number through the company website. hahahah....

@Lmangla, I’m old school in some ways but since I spend most of my day at work and the company monitors internet usage, I have to use my phone and iPad for privacy. Up to yesterday my doctor sent my medical results to my email and I could check the results right away on a secure portal on my cell phone. However, I’m old school in the sense that I don’t use Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms and it’s difficult to find information about me on the internet unlike my friends and peers. ^_^

As to Jenny, I give her credit too for thinking to contact Eun Seok by looking him up on the company website. When her mother gave her the article that she claimed Kyung In plagiarized, I was thinking why doesn’t she do her own research on the internet about reporter Kyung In but then I thought they’re just passing acquaintances anyway so Jenny probably couldn’t be bothered.

Speaking of Kyung In, the more I watch of Young Man and his mom, the more I really hope the writer is not trying to hook him up with Kyung In. The way his mother treated Song Ah tells me more than enough what she would be like as a MIL.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:21 AM, Greta Masalskyte said:

Duplication of sets and houses from one morning SBS drama to the next is a constant meme I joke about to my wife. She rolls her eyes at me but I have fun identifying sets between series. Sorry chingus. I am way behind on this drama traveling in Korea right now. I will catch up when I can and contribute later.

Just picked up a little of the raw episode 18, and it looks good.  Man Soo had picked up the glass that Song Ah had (when she was the bride) and had a DNA test (?) done.  What is that about?  Anyway, he burned the paper while in his office.

The CCTV footage clearly shows mean Mom getting the handbag back and paying off the pickpocket.  Eun Suk and detective see it.

ES gets back to Japan and finds Jenny's shop.  No one there, but he goes in, then hides as mean Mom and Man Soo enter and have a discussion.  Looks interesting and ES is shocked.

Preview shows ES and Man Soo get into it and fisticuffs!  Even Jenny takes a potshot at Man Soo.  Yikes.

Archived