[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

Did anyone else laugh when ES was caught by the gangster at the end? It was really comical.

1 hour ago, msmy said:

MS has shown that he knows a lot about shady Mom,  more than the average "friend".  That should send up some red flags to DJ and ES.  What is odd to me is that gangster bro has such a life of crime and the police seem like they don't know anything.  When shady Mom was young and was heavily involved in bad stuff, there is always associates and other people who are involved also.  Detectives in the crime business have extensive files on these characters.

Police and gangsters often are linked together. Here in the US, people are saying that the police are linked to the KKK and white supremacy groups, which are gangsters, basically, and links are coming out, and before that, they could get paid off by mobs. Same rotten situation in other parts of the world. Being a cop doesn’t mean you are clean. So, the police acting like they don’t know anything is simply them either reacting to files being deleted or them covering things up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be some disconnect between all the detectives... ES, Jenny, and DJ.  ES is not telling Jenny of the things he's finding, Jenny is not telling ES, and ES and DJ have some shared info.  ES gets quite a bit of info about Wang Soo Jin from the old people in the old neighborhood.  Gangster bro sent pics to shady Mom of ES and DJ at Kang's office building.  Shady Mom is beginning to squirm a little, but she's digging in.  I wonder if MS is ready to bring Jenny and Mrs. Ji together from the looks of the preview. ??

So MS's cowardly side continues , and to avoid the resentment of both Jenny and shady Mom, he risks Jenny's mental health rather than tell the truth.  It looks like he's being pushed toward making things right, but who knows if he backs out at the last moment to avoid the pain?  Jenny is going to be furious when she finds out all that happened to her, and on top of that, nosy Aunt has to rag on her again for meeting MS.  

Kyung Soo left info about the neighborhood where Wang Soo Jin lived during her life of crime.  ES found the house and the lady said WSJ gave birth to a boy, which was before Jenny.    ES asked Jenny if she ever had a brother, and Jenny said "No, I was raised alone."  ES is thinking Jenny has a brother somewhere.  The people said they didn't know of WSJ's boyfriend.  This is all more info, but the pieces are not coming together.  DJ is the level head when he tells ES that Kang (gangster bro) is a scary person, and to watch out.

I'm not sure what Jenny's game is here, but for some reason she's getting all sappy with her criminal Mother.  They went walking in a park by a lake, and it seems congenial.  Preview shows them at dinner somewhere and I'm not sure if Jenny is giving Mom a reality check, but it started to look serious.  Not sure where this is going.  DJ and ES have serious discussions.  I guess we're still waiting for MS to "man up"  (pun intended!:tounge_xd: )

38 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Off topic, but this is a Kim Hyesun drama-

Hide contents

Does anyone know where to watch Cheondamdong Scandal subbed in English? I've been searching everywhere... it's a great drama

Unfortunately I couldn't find it too:tears:. The plot is crazy though lol:lol::D.

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

Unfortunately I couldn't find it too:tears:. The plot is crazy though lol:lol::D.

@chococarmela @lu09 That was a good drama because this is the first drama where the FM is AWESOME and STRONG. Although her background was poor but she had her own business where she didn’t need her husband wealth to survive.   Sadly I it was never officially subbed. 

Episode 106

Jenny keeps delaying to tell her husband that her 'mom' is the Black Rose. The problem is that, by the time she decides to tell him, Eun-Suk may have found the truth. Then, he may be disappointed as he may think that Jenny tries to cover up her 'mom'. More importantly, his family may also think likewise and thus they could not forgive her.

One wonders if they are about to break up, in work and in marriage.

15 minutes ago, jasmine19 said:

Episode 106

Jenny keeps delaying to tell her husband that her 'mom' is the Black Rose. The problem is that, by the time she decides to tell him, Eun-Suk may have found the truth. Then, he may be disappointed as he may think that Jenny tries to cover up her 'mom'. More importantly, his family may also think likewise and thus they could not forgive her.

One wonders if they are about to break up, in work and in marriage.

they have to.  It wouldn't be a daily drama if they didn't break up at least twice.

today's episode: looks like both man soo and jenny are preparing a goodbye. man soo had a walk with ms ji where he thanked her. he knows the time she will hate and resent him is near and so it is kind of his goodbye walk. also mrs ji makes fun of him gently that he still thinks about jenny and needs to let go. internal monologue is that he is grateful to jenny for sticking by shady mom even though she is horrible person.

jenny on the other hand basically tells eun seok that she is quitting her job and takes shady mom for a day out. she buys shady mom a new outfit and they walk in the park. so it feels like jenny is also going to run away. in the preview, shady mom tells jenny that she is okay with eun seok finding out the truth as long as jenny is by her side. even at that point, it is all about herself and not about how it will impact jenny. it will be good if jenny disappears for a bit -- it seems like only that will teach shady mom a lesson.

The preview indicates that ES and MS discuss and acknowledge who the Black Rose is.  As many have mentioned, that leaves ES and Jenny in a sticky situation with their relationship,  that probably will end up in a separation until she finds out who she really is.  If that is the plan of this writer for 10-12 more episodes, this will get old.  I agree... it's too slow.:unamused:

5 minutes ago, msmy said:

I agree... it's too slow.

the drama started with a bang, was steaming full speed and then abruptly slowed down. We keep waiting for the reveal and the fallout and instead now on some train that may be trying to recast shady mom as someone with a heart. :blink: the past few episodes have been terribly slow.

@Lmangla.. no kidding.  Did you catch the part where DJ had her background and her sad, weepy story about her background?  That she didn't even register her existence until she was twenty and probably was an orphan wandering the streets?  Oh, please.. she murdered people and even orchestrated events to wipe out other people that were a threat.  And now the "bonding" with Jenny after teaching her criminal acts and beating her up.  Nauseating.  

34 minutes ago, msmy said:

@Lmangla.. no kidding.  Did you catch the part where DJ had her background and her sad, weepy story about her background?  That she didn't even register her existence until she was twenty and probably was an orphan wandering the streets?  Oh, please.. she murdered people and even orchestrated events to wipe out other people that were a threat.  And now the "bonding" with Jenny after teaching her criminal acts and beating her up.  Nauseating.  

exactly! the audience is not going to forget that this is the same woman who orchestrated pickpockets to beat up jenny, had her memories wiped and also physically abused. it just feels strange to have a redemption arc for shady mom without her being caught and facing the consequences.

Archived