[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, wait they want to try to make a redemption for shady mom? after all the harm she did? the people she killed? the people who died? the lives she destroyed? the people she trapped? jenny's kidnapping and the fact that she forced jenny to steal and that she hit and mistreated her ? Wait, really?
I do not even want her to express remorse, she's worse than the majority of the bad guys gathered from the drama that I see often, she deserves the death penalty or to live in jail for 100 years

59 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Mansoo didn't tell her :( 

I watched today's episode after three weeks of stopping, the last one I watched was episode 89. :) 

Correct.  I don't know what happened with the preview translation, but his response was "Because she's your Mother!"  Not, as we were led to believe, "Because she's my Mother."  Anyway,  with MS, Jenny found out that Mom, her brother who is with the police Dept., and Lucky are all in this life of crime together.  Jenny now has a lot of info., but not all of it.  She wants to tell ES but I'm guessing she hesitates.  MS warns shady Mom that she's still facing criminal charges with money laundering, etc. so she should fess up.

Meanwhile, ES and DJ have connected the ex-cop they were investigating to Deputy Kang (gangster Bro).  ES has noticed that both Deputy Kang and shady Mom claim that the  Black Rose is dead.  Suspicions are rising.

15 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Wait, wait they want to try to make a redemption for shady mom? after all the harm she did? the people she killed? the people who died? the lives she destroyed? the people she trapped? jenny's kidnapping and the fact that she forced jenny to steal and that she hit and mistreated her ? Wait, really?
I do not even want her to express remorse, she's worse than the majority of the bad guys gathered from the drama that I see often, she deserves the death penalty or to live in jail for 100 years

It's K-Drama. Drama writers like to either redeem their villains or at least try to invoke sympathy for them.

10 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

It is the use of word chincha, meaning my real mother, it was misheard by subtitlers in the preview. He said Jenny omma, not chincha omma

This happens quite a bit. As my comprehension of Korean improves I find several mistakes in subtitles. However, I chalk it up to probably English is not their first language. Also, some phrases in every language, not just Korean, can be literally translated to English. Still a missed word here and there can drastically change the meaning of the sentence. 

More movement in episode 104.... Jenny calls MS and asks the name of shady Mom's brother.  He says Kang (something).  At dinner, Jenny asks ES if he knows the name Kang (something).   Shady Mom's eyes just about pop out of her skull.  ES is puzzled, but answers yes.  I think the discussion turned to how he wasn't interested in finding the Black Rose.

In the night, Jenny is not in bed and ES walks out and hears Jenny and Shady Mom talking in Mom's bedroom.  Whatever he overheard is shocking, and he's starting to put some pieces together. (Yes, plastic boy actually looked surprised :o)   Then DJ comes up with stuff on Kang, and the bells really go off in ES's head.  They walk over toward the police headquarters bldg.  Out walks shady Mom after talking with her gangster bro, and they see Mom and bro get into a car together.  ES calls Mom and she lies about where she is.  ES goes to Kang's office and starts to snoop, but is found by a gangster type guy who walks in on him.  Preview shows ES kind of beaten up, but he's O.K.  They are really gathering info on Mom and her brother.

Correction... the building that ES entered was owned by Kang, and DS knew that it was worth about  $5 million.  Preview shows that DS has found out where the Black Rose lived, and ES goes to the neighborhood and talks to a lady that helped her give birth to a son.  Here come the DNA tests.  

13 minutes ago, msmy said:

Correction... the building that ES entered was owned by Kang, and DS knew that it was worth about  $5 million.  Preview shows that DS has found out where the Black Rose lived, and ES goes to the neighborhood and talks to a lady that helped her give birth to a son.  Here come the DNA tests.  

but will ES suspect that Mansoo is the son??

@nohamahamoud2002... if not now, I would think soon.  MS has shown that he knows a lot about shady Mom,  more than the average "friend".  That should send up some red flags to DJ and ES.  What is odd to me is that gangster bro has such a life of crime and the police seem like they don't know anything.  When shady Mom was young and was heavily involved in bad stuff, there is always associates and other people who are involved also.  Detectives in the crime business have extensive files on these characters.

Archived