[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

Jenny and ES meet finally:D. Shady lady finds out he is the Executive director and she is not happy about it at all lol. Look at Jenny's expression. She is already attracted to him lol.  Seems like in the preview, she is in a meeting with aunt and wants ES out of the project. And was Jenny being followed again? What did she do this time:crazy:?  That man looks like the hitman that shady lady is paying to cause the accidents. Is that why ES pulled her and hid her behind the wall?? Good thing he is already suspicious about the woman.

Thank god the female reporter is alive lol. Seems like shady lady met with her boss and he reprimanded her for it. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lu09 said:

Shady lady finds out he is the Executive director and she is not happy about it at all lol. Look at Jenny's expression. She is already attracted to him lol

kekeke.... this is what you call destiny in a way -- you plan for something and something else altogether arrives! hahahha.. yea, jenny looked so thrilled to meet him. think she does like him already..

2 hours ago, lu09 said:

Thank god the female reporter is alive lol. Seems like shady lady met with her boss and he reprimanded her for it.

thought for sure, she is going to get slapped again by shady lady but instead, shady lady tried to buy her off with a fake scoop in a sense. but reporter was not buying and asked such great questions -- what is with the wall? why isolate jenny? what is shady lady getting out of it? ....

am really enjoying that we have a smart lead in eun seok -- he is not a fool in any sense. he knows his aunt and cousin are trying to play him and he is pretty cool. he also understands that shady lady's actions don't make sense and is not taking anything at face value. since he is also now keen to figure out black rose, it will be interesting to see how things roll.

what I don't get is man soo. he has jenny followed and smirked when he finds that shady mom showed up at the scene. so does he suspect or know something? what is his end game?

@Lmangla, that Man Soo seems different than we’ve seen him in previous episodes. He looked clueless before but now he seems to be something else. He’s having Jenny followed but his men didn’t intervene to help her at any time. Come to think of it, he didn’t come to Jenny’s aid at the fashion show either and he was sitting close to Eun Seok. I don’t get his deal so there must be more to him than acting as a docile fake SIL.

I enjoyed Jenny and Eun Seok’s meeting. It was clear that they hit it off right away. It’s too bad that the shady mom knows in advance that they’ll be meeting Eun Seok at J Group. I was hoping that she’d get the shock of her life there considering he’s defied her before with regard to Jenny. Looks like the aunt intends to interfere to get Eun Seok off the collaboration. It would be sweet if Jenny end up working with Song Ah.

I hope our young reporter stays alive to the end. It would be nice if she’s the one to cover the story of Black Rose in the end. I hope shady mom doesn’t succeed in ending our budding reporter’s career.

Shady Mom has been thrown a curve here at the end of episode 7, but I'm sure it won't take long for her to recoup.  The sides are aligning, and crazy aunt is being sucked in with shady Mom.  All the more reason for Chairman Oh  to limit her participation in the company , and ignore both her and her idiot son.

As a freelance reporter, I'm not sure much can be done about our young scout.  Anybody can get information out there, and not be employed by anybody.  Shady mom is grasping at straws.  

I'm confused about  the shooting scene.... was that an officer who was killed when Kyung Soo and Dong Joo arrived?  So many bits and pieces, and I'm not getting the whole picture.  :(

17 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I watched a part from episode one and looked at the chart, will Ji Hwa-Ja turn out to be  the real mother of Jenny Han?

they are connected in the characters chart

Yes viewers already understand that she’s the mom. The older sister Song-Ah took Jenny out and that’s when Jenny wandered off because she saw shady mom hiding and I guess it piqued the child’s curiosity. 

@msmy, why do you think it was an officer that was shot when Dong Joo arrived at the crime scene? Strangely, all I can remember from the scene is the other cop shoving the gun in Dong Joo’s hand and then proceeded to run away. 

@celebrianna... In today's episode at  the 12:01 mark, Eun Suk is researching "Black Rose" on the internet, and the article states, "A Policeman dies while trying to arrest the Black Rose."  Then ES says, "How could there not be a single photo of this brutal criminal?"  "No one knows her name or age.  The only clue I have is the fact that she's called the Black Rose."

That's why I'm thinking Chairman Oh's son was actually the policeman, and Chairman is determined to find Black Rose.  Also, Dong Joo and his friend, Park Kyung Soo, were colleagues of Chairman's son.    But, I could be wrong.... 

30 minutes ago, msmy said:

@celebrianna... In today's episode at  the 12:01 mark, Eun Suk is researching "Black Rose" on the internet, and the article states, "A Policeman dies while trying to arrest the Black Rose."  Then ES says, "How could there not be a single photo of this brutal criminal?"  "No one knows her name or age.  The only clue I have is the fact that she's called the Black Rose."

That's why I'm thinking Chairman Oh's son was actually the policeman, and Chairman is determined to find Black Rose.  Also, Dong Joo and his friend, Park Kyung Soo, were colleagues of Chairman's son.    But, I could be wrong.... 

Actually these are two separate cases. The chairman's son died on the line of duty when he was chasing the Black Rose 20 something years ago while in DJ and his friend's case, it happened 7 years ago. DJ got framed by his friend and that's how he ended up losing his job, though his name ended up getting cleared at the end which was too late I guess from the looks of it. The reason why the chairman knows DJ is because he sponsored some people in the academy and DJ, I believe was one of them. The chairman gave him an award when DJ was graduating at the police academy. That's why they remember each other.

@msmy, @lu09 summed it up nicely. The cop who died was the chairman’s son. The chairman explained this to Dong Joo when he tried to get him to start investigating the case for him. He said something like he wanted his son to take over the company but the son wanted to become a cop instead. The chairman sure is a good father unlike some of the other rich dads often portrayed in Kdrama.

just see episode in raw,  good chemistry between two leads :flushed::wub:

the young reporter does not seem to drop the story, she'd better be careful

shady mom is crazy, so crazy,:rage: so by the preview in the next episode, she's going to hit jenny:rage::cold_sweat:

I really like Jenny but I hope she wises up even a little bit soon. Eun Seok continues to shine. He tried to get Jenny to see how abnormal it is that her mother decides everything for her including her design business. It’s clear from Jenny’s responses to his inquiries regarding her life that she’s extremely complacent. I like that Eun Seok told her that they should really check to see if her shady mom reported the pickpocket crime at the police station. If Jenny persists in allowing her mom to control everything in her life, I don’t think anybody can help her. 

That aunt and cousin of Eun Seok are really something else. They colluded to sabotage the deal just to get Eun Seok off it. Now the aunt realizes shady mom’s hatred for Eun Seok so she’s all happy that the likelihood of Eun Seok working on the project is nil. She even promised shady mom that she’ll keep Eun Seok away from Jenny.

As much as Eun Seok reaches out to Jenny, I’m sure the aunt and shady mom can hinder him if Jenny continues to take only a passive interest in her own life. The girl is practically a prisoner because the mother goes everywhere with her or has her under constant watch. At least Eun Seok gave her a cell phone so I suppose if anything they can at least talk via phone if shady mom doesn’t find the phone.

Yeah I saw in the preview that Jenny got slapped and threatened by shady mom most likely because she went to various entertainment venues with Eun Seok. I wonder what it will take for Jenny to start rebelling against shady mom’s suffocating ways.

Other parts of the episode were nice and peaceful at least at Song-ah’s house. Looking forward to any bonding that might occur between Song-ah and the little girl. Song-ah is already thinking of making clothes for her. 

So thus far only Kyung In and Eun Seok realize that there’s something terribly off about shady mom. In the preview it shows that Jenny acts like a child in the face of shady mom’s aggression. I guess somebody will need to help her realize that she needs to stand up for herself. She admitted to herself before that she feels suffocated as times by shady mom but it seems like she doesn’t think she has the power to take control of her life. Perhaps it’s because every time she seeks her independence shady mom sets her up to be attacked thus proving her point that Jenny needs to always rely on shady mom for protection.

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

As much as Eun Seok reaches out to Jenny, I’m sure the aunt and shady mom can hinder him if Jenny continues to take only a passive interest in her own life.

great point! jenny is so incredibly passive about her own life and she said that she does not regret the way she lived. so it is interesting that eun seok actually asked very uncomfortable questions straight off and with some other people, they might get offended. jenny on the other hand is so clueless that she is not sure where his line of questioning is even coming from. it tells you how limited her interactions are. but unless jenny herself decides not to be passive, nothing is going to change in her life.

21 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Perhaps it’s because every time she seeks her independence shady mom sets her up to be attacked thus proving her point that Jenny needs to always rely on shady mom for protection.

it looks like jenny seems to have been brainwashed into thinking she has some psych problems and that unless she relies on her mom, she might fall off the rails? so maybe it is also fear for her psyche because she doesn't trust her own independent thinking?

but am really enjoying eun seok as a lead because he is quite brave, direct and has his thinking cap on. it is actually refreshing to have a lead who doesn't believe blindly and sees people for what they are. he knows his cousin and aunt did a number on him but right now is not the time, so he lets it slide. but he is not stupid to let cousin sis know of who he is meeting. so it is interesting to watch his moves.

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I wonder what it will take for Jenny to start rebelling against shady mom’s suffocating ways.

my guess is that her passionate love for eun seok is what is going to get her to rebel. so far, she said she has no regrets and so something has to happen for her to regret and really resent shady lady. for some reason, think that jenny will fall in love first and really passionately but it will be a while before eun seok comes onboard despite his attraction to her.

Archived