[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

I was hoping for revenge, but... ES is a terrible actor, Jenny is just angry, Ms. Ji is depressed and MS is a coward. Damn.

And aunt continues to be her old, ugly self.  Those side story people must have super agents.... they have more face time than the main cast.

Things are moving, ever so slowly, but ES and Jenny have each been to the lawyer's office to sign divorce papers.  The big discussion with Chairman, ES, and DJ is about MS's relationship with shady Mom.  At the end of the episode, ES goes back to the apt. claiming he needed something, but manages to grab the toothbrush in the bathroom. I think he is suspecting MS and shady Mom related.    Chairman Oh went to an official... maybe the district attorney (?)  I'm afraid it will be ES and not MS telling  who Jenny is.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just checked and this drama is now 123 episodes long. Did we discuss this before? I get migraines and my med is known for making people forgetful, so if we did, bianeh! But seriously, why drag this mess out even more? And by now we usually see what the next drama is going to be, and there is nothing there. 

123 ep?? so 3 weeks, they are already divorced, Jenny will she get pregnant?:blush: maybe a twist!!!
at the same time am a little surprised that they all know that shady is black rose, so they will spend this week discovering the secret of MS and then next week that of Jenny and Mrs JI and during all this time they will accumulate evidence against shady mom and want to stop her , i then imagine in the end that shay mom will die by the police

i would love to see auntie and young man apologize to song a for the way they treated her in the past. i honestly cannot see young man and song as a couple. Wish they had flashbacks to when they got together.

12 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I was hoping for revenge, but... ES is a terrible actor, Jenny is just angry, Ms. Ji is depressed and MS is a coward. Damn.

there is revenge... and it is coming from shady mom. :joy:... she feels slighted and insulted that people are "framing" her as the black rose. LOL. her police brother looks at her like she has lost a few marbles when she says that she cannot run away as she needs to pay back those who humiliated her. his reaction is basically "woman you are the black rose. why would you be angry?" :lol:

eun seok and dong joo are suspecting man soo is shady mom's son. meanwhile shady mom has decided to hire an assassin to kill man soo and then run off to LA with jenny. she is never going to let go of her golden goose Jenny. man soo says he has finally decided that he can't postpone the truth and told mrs ji that her daughter will be found in a month.

while watching the drama, something that struck me was the lack of evidence. if it wasn't for man soo giving hints to dong joo and eun seok, they wouldn't have figured out shady mom is black rose. grandpa is fuming that even though they know the identity of black rose, she cannot be prosecuted without evidence. thats part of the problem and why man soo has been patient for so long and meticulously building evidence. part of me likes to think that him delaying the truth to jenny is also part of the evidence building. just watched another drama where the lack of evidence meant a short sentence for the villains -- it was so frustrating to watch. since it doesn't look shady mom will be redeemed, it looks like jail or death for her? since we havent got a romance with kyung in and man soo, will he be also killed off?

51 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

since we havent got a romance with kyung in and man soo, will he be also killed off?

This is what frustrated me about this drama. Not necessarily the lack of romance between these two characters but the lack of side stories and mini dramas within the drama. It seems the writer got scared off and gave up by the killing of the Eun JI and DJ story several episodes back. It wasn't so much the story but how they went about it. Having Grandpa try to force DJ to marry his granddaughter was way over the top. Since then it has been this looooong slow developing main story with bad acting and that is it. There was nothing to keep me engaged. I have seen better acting from a dead fish than the male lead actor. This one has really been bad. Can't wait until this nightmare series is over and hope the next one is better.

7 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I have seen better acting from a dead fish than the male lead actor. This one has really been bad. Can't wait until this nightmare series is over and hope the next one is better.

yea, they needed a nuanced acting but got someone so bland faced that eun seok becomes this kind of dummy character. and in a daily, we do need those side character developments. just waiting for this one to end since we have gotten this far. lets hope the next one is indeed better. need something to keep us entertained!

10 hours ago, Gi said:

i would love to see auntie and young man apologize to song a for the way they treated her in the past. i honestly cannot see young man and song as a couple. Wish they had flashbacks to when they got together.

I bet we will find out that Young man got drunk and thought he was sleeping with with Dal Shabet's Subin (Sorry, forgetting her drama name, and I'm a Dal Shabet fan) when he was drunk and sleeping with Song Ah and that's why the former was so aggressive about Song Ah breaking it off with YM when the child that forced the marriage between them had been dead for some time. There's always another side to the story.  Probably Subin felt SA was pushing into her territory in the first place. 

Why did SA have unprotected sex with a drunk dude if she is such a saint anyway?  I always found that icky.  Between Subin's drama character and him that's one thing, since their morals are supposed to be like that, and since they seem to have a strong love connection, but SA is supposed to be all angelic and pure, and she didn't have some big romance with him.  I rather feel SA got what she "paid for", to be honest, when she got mistreated in that family.  Cheap sex, cheap in-law treatment.  In contrast, she took her time with Dong Joo, built a relationship with him, got to know his family, and now has a loving family life and a lovely step-daughter and sister-in-law with her mom right there.

@Lmangla ES tries to frown sometimes...

I don't know where shady Mom is going to come up with the big bucks for an assassin.  Jenny got nothing in the divorce settlement by declining any alimony, so it's not like they have bundles of cash sitting around.  And it looks like DJ and ES are figuring out that MS is shady Mom's son, so it wouldn't make sense that Jenny is related since that would be his sister.  Drip, drip, drip.

I liked the mystery about black rose and MS but things kept dragging and I lost interest. I stopped watching after Jenny got married to ES. Only glimpses on YouTube without subs too :( 

Too many scenes of Youngman, Eunji, the aunt. Cut it short pleasssssse

ES and DJ looking for black rose and still didn't find her until ep. 100 

In my opinion the best actors are MS, Jenny and Black Rose (except her hysterics)

8 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Yeah, things are totally dragging. I'm gonna watch Gracious Mother and Daughter after this...

DJ is a great actor too, and Ms. Ji is a veteran like Black Rose. I love KI

DJ is OK but his story is too quiet :D 

Ms Ji is my favourite mother

KI is humourous, I like her a lot

Not sure where this is going, other than shady Mom is making trouble for everybody.  Looks like she's striking back at the Oh company with false charges.

Jenny and ES meet on the street and then have coffee.  She has an air of bitterness (good!) and says her final goodbye.  Frankly, when this is over, I wouldn't care if she moved on and just forgot about ES.  He sure didn't fight for her and I've lost count of how many times she was beat up by his family.  Such a wimp (and plastic).

Shady Mom and Jenny are leaving the country, so Jenny goes to say her farewell to Mrs. Ji and Song Ah.  :bawling:I don't know what MS has planned, but it may be too late.

3 hours ago, msmy said:

Jenny and ES meet on the street and then have coffee.  She has an air of bitterness (good!) and says her final goodbye.  Frankly, when this is over, I wouldn't care if she moved on and just forgot about ES.  He sure didn't fight for her and I've lost count of how many times she was beat up by his family.  Such a wimp (and plastic).

I agree, I would have liked to see him fight for Jenny, show emotions, even if Jenny also wanted to divorce because she felt bad for him. These drama where the leads get married for the best and the worst but when the worst happens, they divorce at the first opportunity, shame, as the worst is always the strongest

kekeke... am actually glad that eun seok and jenny are getting divorced. the actor playing eun seok has such a bland face that it is hard to tell if he even cares that he found his father's murderer. man soo is in more pain, anguish and double mind while dealing with shady mom -- he lost his father because of her but at the same time, she is his mother and part of him wants to love her. so it is this very confusing feeling he has and the actor does a good job. even jenny is doing a great job of showing conflicting emotion with shady mom -- she is embarrassed, hates and traumatized by this woman but at the same time, has loyalty and cannot let go. 

on the other hand, eun seok is being played by an actor who does no nuance and so comes off looking like an idiot going wherever the wind blows. his grandfather and aunt are angry, frustrated that he is married to the daughter of the killer. there is almost no anguish on the conflicting position he is in. instead, he comes across like a lovesick fool who doesn't care about his family history at all when he says that they shouldn't judge jenny because she didn't know. so because of the bad acting, it just feels like eun seok is going through the ropes and this is not about his father but rather about doing something his grandfather wants which is actually ridiculous. it should also impact him, he lost his father and also his mother because of shady mom. even if jenny was not involved, for now, she is shady mom's daughter which means that by marrying her, he has also tied himself to the killer as family. there should be conflicting feelings about that kind of connection. since the actor is not capable of nuance, then better to have a story that is more cut and dry where they divorce instead of this romeo juliet kind of vibe where they want to be together but cannot.

Archived