[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

Thanks,  @Lmangla and @tulip06  for those summaries.  There was a lot in this episode that needed subs, but it's still complicated even with the subs.  Shady Mom is all over the place as to what to do as people are looking into the Black Rose. Now she's appealing to MS to let her leave the country with Jenny for a few more years.   Poor MS is so torn;  at what point does he throw up his hands and just give up on her?  He wants to protect Jenny and let her be happy, but shady Mom is in the way.  He has to stop straddling the fence sometime and get on with it.

The focus seems to be on "sketch" man as to who he is and what connection to either an organization or Black Rose.  MS is seen looking over the bank receipts and saying, "It's time to reveal this to the world."  He and his asst. are finding the personal info on this guy.  Chairman Oh is trying to bring in government "officials", but they look shady and I wonder if ES isn't suspicious of them from the looks of the preview.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think shady Mom thought she was going to influence Jenny's new psychiatrist, but I'm sure the Dr. can see through it and is suspicious.  Preview shows Jenny under hypnosis with ES by her side, and it gets quite emotional as she reaches back into her memory.

MS copied all the bank slips and is sending them to ??  They are on a file in his computer.  He and asst. are digging into the identity of the sketch man.

Wow, things are getting really complicated!

The funeral has affected everyone, including the Oh family. Shady mom is becoming nastier and conceited by the day. She'll become more evil and I kinda love that... she's still one of the most abhorrent characters ever! Jenny is growing stronger and ES and DJ are now intent on finding the Black Rose.

MS... is now confusing me. And is shady mom but she's always been weird. What are MS motivations and what are shady mom's motivations? Why are they doing the things that they're doing? What caused it?

And I feel like ES will get revenge for his father's death himself... he'll leave with Jenny.

Am I the only one who despises EJ?

Thank goodness for an experienced person like DJ who suspects the police commissioner is probably not going to help find the Black Rose.  DJ pointed out how many times a comm. had been changed, and suspects there are nefarious influences.  ES actually argued with shady Mom about pursuing the case when she barked at him that he should just stop looking, because the Black Rose is dead.  ES knows there is some organization behind the mystery woman.

I'm to the point of skipping through the EJ and silly family stuff that has waaaay too much face time and is not interesting.  I'm not sure why EJ gets such a big chunk of each episode after the previous section with her pursuing DJ.  That is enough for a secondary character.  And Aunt has been reduced to a screeching banshee upset at her son's choice of a wife.  The whole group is tiresome and adds nothing.

This is one of the most complicated dailies I've ever seen.  The problem for  MS is finding the proof  that will close the door on shady Mom and get her convicted.  MS has found out that the sketch man (who had the bank accts.) no longer has contact information.

3 hours ago, msmy said:

I'm to the point of skipping through the EJ and silly family stuff that has waaaay too much face time and is not interesting.  I'm not sure why EJ gets such a big chunk of each episode after the previous section with her pursuing DJ.  That is enough for a secondary character.  And Aunt has been reduced to a screeching banshee upset at her son's choice of a wife.  The whole group is tiresome and adds nothing.

I always do. I used to like the aunt but now she's annoying. And as everyone knows I hate EJ. AY, we know she's manipulative... Break up with Young Man already! That family is boring...

Get to the good parts.

This might be one of the most complicated dramas I've ever watched. The Promise wasn't even this confusing.

Wow, DJ is being so tactical and not just standing around after KS death. ES is suspicious of the soon-to-be Commissioner... and things are getting intense! I wanna see KI do some investigative work too, the women's roles are pissing off the feminist in me!!

Oh dear, seems like the psychologist is becoming suspicious of shady mom. Everyone is actually... I want her to get caught but then I don't...

Skipped the Oh family shenanigans because they're unimportant to the drama.

I can smell ES taking revenge and it will happen. Jenny too. Shady mom will go crazy and try to hurt anyone in her way... 

9 hours ago, msmy said:

I'm to the point of skipping through the EJ and silly family stuff that has waaaay too much face time and is not interesting. 

I’m just skipping the entire episodes and coming here to see what is going. Honestly, this drama has started to bore me. It started off promising but has really gone down hill since the EJ trying to entrap DJ arc.

Well, well, well.... this episode shows both faces of the 2 government people, and one is none other than gangster brother.  ES stares him down as if he's not buying their "expertise".  And why wouldn't a person like gangster brother have his picture plastered all over since he's had a life of crime?   Surely DJ would recognize him.

The Dr. speaks to ES privately and I think told him that shady Mom was there.  He is surprised.  The session with the hypnotist was wrenching for Jenny as she remembered being abused by someone (face not shown).

Another big bomb.... Aunt is sitting in a bar unhappy about the home situation, when a handsome, former acquaintance comes over and they start talking, as she remembers him.  In walks shady Mom, sees aunt, and starts a conversation and is bubbly and trying to impress.  After she leaves,  a light bulb goes off and the man recalls something about shady Mom.... gotta hear this as she goes straight home to tell both Chairman and ES.  It's something pretty damning.

We're getting to the nitty gritty in this episode.  Jenny asks MS some very direct questions about him writing about her childhood.  She asks him who will confirm it, when she doesn't even know herself?  He says, she will, when she gets her memories back.  

At the psychiatrist's office, the Dr. tells ES that shady Mom was there, and Mom told of the hardships in the States, that their life was tough, and she didn't want Jenny remembering such bad stuff.  The Dr. assured Jenny that the brain tests she took showed no abnormalities, that she could continue living a comfortable life even without the memories.  ES said, "Let's go to the Dr. I found".

Under hypnosis, Jenny recalls being physically abused, and Mom kicking the table over, then kicking her.  ES was there and later did not disclose to Jenny what she said.  The friend that Oh Ae Ri (aunt) met is a lawyer who used to practice in the States, and recalled that shady Mom was reported for child abuse.  The neighbors testified that Jenny was badly bruised and never talked.  In the preview, Aunt is telling Chairman and ES, so that confirms what Jenny said under hypnosis.  Aunt confronts shady Mom and is livid.

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I went to 'home for summer' and 'a place in the sun' . All my dear friends are there, we are having so much fun together, you should consider joining us :wub:

Hmm... I wanted to watch "home for summer" but I have to catch up. Same with "a place in the sun", didn't interest me at first

11 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Hmm... I wanted to watch "home for summer" but I have to catch up. Same with "a place in the sun", didn't interest me at first

Home for summer is excellent and hopeful. I have been watching it since episode 30 with my friends here. (I returned back to the first episodes in between) always look for @dramaninja, his taste in drama is excellent 

A place in the sun is tragic but my friends make the discussion wonderful 

16 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Home for summer is excellent and hopeful. I have been watching it since episode 30 with my friends here. (I returned back to the first episodes in between) always look for @dramaninja, his taste in drama is excellent 

A place in the sun is tragic but my friends make the discussion wonderful 

Why thank you miss! :heart:

Archived