Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모 - Mon to Fri 8:40 KST

... and MS said, "I'll take revenge and make sure you didn't die in vain," as he stood in front of Kyung Soo's funeral picture.  This is on the heels of shady Mom acting like a total jerk when MS told her it was his birthday, offered her spending money whenever she wanted it, and invited her to lunch.  She gave him the old "why should I bother with you?" treatment, then added, "You should be careful... especially at night."  I think he gets the picture... she has no motherly instincts at all, unlike Mrs. Ji.  Evidently gangster brother has struck again to snuff out an investigator.

Should be a good week coming up.... this is really moving along.  ^_^

• Like 4

Poor KS :( 

I liked him sooo much :bawling:

Shady mom's reaction to MS is unpredictable. I still think she will have a change of heart towards him. She really liked him in her queer way. I know you all consider her a monster, but there are unexpected things in drama. So she will still be a criminal but I never expect her to kill MS after learning about his true identity

• Like 3

Oh my god, what an explosive episode! Things are moving so fast!

ES and DJ received the composite photo of the person who got the bankbook... Then KS died?! I did not expect that, now the drama is taking a very dark turn! I wanna see some more revenge asap!

Uh oh, shady mom, you've got more blood on your hands... she will go to jail soon!

ES! Being nice and obedient does not mean being shady mom's lapdog/slave! Stand up to her and take revenge on her (when you find out that she's the Black Rose.)

So AY is nice after all... wait, nope, she's definitely manipulating YM.

KI better take some action against shady mom herself! Let the women take charge!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

ES and DJ received the composite photo of the person who got the bankbook... Then KS died?! I did not expect that, now the drama is taking a very dark turn! I wanna see some more revenge asap!

Uh oh, shady mom, you've got more blood on your hands... she will go to jail soon!

ES! Being nice and obedient does not mean being shady mom's lapdog/slave! Stand up to her and take revenge on her (when you find out that she's the Black Rose.)

KI better take some action against shady mom herself! Let the women take charge!!

I

3 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

I just saw DJ in the first episode of Vagabond and got a surprise when he wasn't goofy. 

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Is that baby really YM’s?  I saw something in the clip when she told him about the pregnancy that makes me believe it is not.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chococarmela said:

it is difficult to take eun seok seriously because he really does act like a lapdog. worse, he seems to think it is acceptable because he gets to be with jenny. ugh. and so it feels hard to digest when the other side of eun seok comes out like when he is aggressive with man soo. is it a fault of the writing or the actor?

with man soo, whenever shady mom gave her commands, there was always a slight pause and "what the?" expression on his face before he quickly hid it to be bland and smiley. so from the beginning, you felt that all was not as it seems and he has other agendas in his head. with eun seok, there's a lack of expression and instead, it feels like he is sitting there enjoying being bullied. if we could see his internal groan and see him swallow the insults, then it would seem more natural. so either the character is passive or not. right now, it feels like some dual character! :sweatingbullets:

really had to laugh when man soo told shady mom to ask him money. she was like why and his response was hilarious -- because he is richer than eun seok, he is single and he doesn't care. LOL. :joy:

both yong man and ae young have grown on me. the actors have a great range of expression and have been selling their dimwit characters but there's been growth. so in that way, they are good pair and it is good to see yong man take responsibility. had to chuckle when he admits that there's no difference between ae young and him as both have messed up. so there's recognition that this baby is indeed a chance for a new beginning for both and something unexpected but good.

now that they have killed off kyung soo, it looks like shady mom will end up in jail or worse. there's not going to be an out where she just gets forgiven. with her previous crimes, there was the statue of limitations but with kyung soo's accident, that doesn't apply. so it looks like all will get pulled down.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it is difficult to take eun seok seriously because he really does act like a lapdog. worse, he seems to think it is acceptable because he gets to be with jenny. ugh. and so it feels hard to digest when the other side of eun seok comes out like when he is aggressive with man soo. is it a fault of the writing

Think it might be the writer this time... It's so unrealistic.

both yong man and ae young have grown on me. the actors have a great range of expression and have been selling their dimwit characters but there's been growth. so in that way, they are good pair and it is good to see yong man take responsibility.

I still don't like them but I have to say, they do make me laugh a lot.

there's not going to be an out where she just gets forgiven

No escape for shady mom this time!

9 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

I saw something in the clip when she told him about the pregnancy that makes me believe it is not.

Interesting... If it's not his, then she lied to everyone.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Shady mom's reaction to MS is unpredictable. I still think she will have a change of heart towards him. She really liked him in her queer way. I know you all consider her a monster, but there are unexpected things in drama. So she will still be a criminal but I never expect her to kill MS after learning about his true identity

I won't be surprised if shady mom still hates him even in the end but it can also go the other way. the last daily I followed was also on SBS - am also a mother - and @rolisrntex also was on the thread; we all hated the villain and in the last 30 eps or so, it was all about her arc and it was surprisingly interesting, well done and actually quite believable. so it is possible that shady mom may get some arc where she finds the heart she never had but if the writer goes that way, hope it is well written and not randomly tacked on.

more than shady mom, it is for man soo's sake that I hope she doesn't attempt to kill him again. the poor guy is loaded with guilt for sharing the same blood and he is desperate to know that shady mom is somewhat human. yet at every turn, she only continues to disappoint him and show that she is a cold woman. while she may have only killed eun seok's father, she also cooly was part of several others. every time she passed info to her brother to take care of something, she knew what her brother would end up doing and she was satisfied. so her hands have blood. and this woman didn't even hesitate to hurt jenny physically as long she could control her and also put the hit out on man soo before. so we can't put it past shady mom to be bad even after knowing the truth. but there was an early scene where jenny said the real punishment would be to rip off the mask behind black rose and show the true self. at that point, shady mom has to face all the people she hurt and so it will be interesting to see how man soo especially reacts.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

@Lmangla do you remember the scene when shady learned that MS leaked info to the police?

she teared. I don't think she hates MS. Her tears are very rare and she shed some of disappointment

The actress is so good. I expect a lot from her soon. She is convincing 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

The actress is so good.

She was also Han Joowon in Secrets and Lies...

Kim Hye-sun is a veteran actress, and she's been acting since the mid-to-late 80s. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Kyung In went to MS office, and told him of Kyung Soo's death.  MS was shocked and angry.  Chairman Oh went to pay respects, and Eun Ji had flashbacks of her encounters with "Sherlock" and felt really bad.  They all went to pay respect and MS was thinking to himself about the injustice.  It's getting intense as ES met again with MS and presented the picture of the secret bank acct. owner.  ES knows that MS is withholding info.

Mrs. Ji and SA go to the Dr., and Jenny visits with the Dr. later.  Shady Mom is beginning to look panicky.

• Like 2

ES is suspicious of MS because ES found out that MS had stopped the investigation of his accident.  The excuse was that the police weren't finding anything anyway, so why continue.  ES and DJ have concluded that both accidents (MS and KS) were similar, except that MS survived.  MS is playing dumb about the sketch/photo of the bankbook holder.  ES and DJ know that the Black Rose is alive, and DJ is pursuing the man in the subway that knows the sketch man.

Shady Mom slipped up again when talking to Jenny and Jenny told that the detective had died, and Mom said, "What a relief."  Jenny called her on it and Mom said she meant to say, "That's too bad."  Oops.

Don't know if the Dr. is going to help Jenny and Mrs. Ji, but she seems sincere.  Preview shows shady Mom telling MS, "If you're going to call me that (Black Rose) show some proof."

• Like 3

Definitely need the subs for episode 90... lots of conversations about the investigation.  Some cute moments with Ma Eum dancing, and Jenny sent a birthday cake to MS through Kyung In.  She makes him smile, and I think he appreciates her.  She presented a book to him... don't know if it's the Jenny book or something else.   More later.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2019 at 5:31 AM, chococarmela said:

She was also Han Joowon in Secrets and Lies...

Kim Hye-sun is a veteran actress, and she's been acting since the mid-to-late 80s. :)

I have enjoyed her acting in all dramas except this one.  Here she tends to do that facial twist that can be quite painful to watch.  I wonder if the directors are giving this instruction cos lately the actors seem to have more and more exaggerated facial expressions.  Those who deliver their lines naturally are best.  There's really no need to contort your face!  

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

quite clearly, man soo is the master of word games where he gives so much information but eun seok is not like kyung in the reporter who would immediately start asking questions. man soo tells eun seok that he is naive and asks why would black rose still be a pickpocket even after so many years. then eun seok said she probably now build up an organization and does different things and man soo then confirms with "thats a good assumption." .. when eun seok asks why man soo asked the police to stop the investigation, man soo says he wasn't confident the police would do anything and it felt entirely meaningless. again, man soo was giving subtle clues about how the police are also involved but eun seok doesn't pick up anything at all.

shady mom as usual seems to be playing games where she told him that she is not ready to let go of jenny and will reveal the truth in 3-5 years. man soo felt so frustrated. what do you think man soo really want? does he want shady mom to face the law or to just dismantle the organization?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@Lmangla MS wants Shady Mom to let go of Jenny now.  Enough is enough.  Everyone is ready to meet and they have met.  And MS knows Shady is a liar and that she will ask for another 3-5 years once that time is up.  He has been offering her money and the security of himself as  son - he said to her before to adopt him - but she refused even though she has had over ten years to get used to him as a family member of sorts too, someone who is always around and caring for her.  He's really planned her giving up Jenny seamlessly well, but she is being stubborn.  

Also, I suspect in the beginning, he was only feeling out the situation, but then realized he needed to work his way in carefully because of the criminal aspect.

Anyone else notice that Kyung In sang Man Soo a love song, and then he thought of Jenny and then her face fell a bit?  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

52 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Anyone else notice that Kyung In sang Man Soo a love song, and then he thought of Jenny and then her face fell a bit?  

kekeke.. yea it did seem like a love song and I was wondering if there is no happy birthday chingu song. she seems to have a soft corner towards him and feels he is good despite his secrets and notices his loneliness. he needs someone like her on his side to basically talk through his feelings and so it is good he is able to share about his thoughts on jenny as that will help him get over her and let go.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2