[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

Oh, wow... another good episode coming.  Poor Man Soo!  Shady mom was so harsh and insulting to him that with his back to her, he cried.  :bawling:  She is a monster!

Sweet relationship developing... MS and Kying In ate at Mrs. Ji's restaurant, then went back to his office for work.  There he picked up his guitar and they sang a duet.  She actually made him smile and laugh... ;)

Chairman Oh had lunch with Jenny and ES where Jenny was told about the Black Rose and ES's parents.  Later, ES provided Jenny with some articles about the Black Rose and a description of the tattoo.  Jenny is shocked as she remembers the black rose tattoo on her Mom's shoulder.... uh-oh.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the preview, Jenny asks her Mom if she knows of the Black Rose.  That gets shady Mom going and she confronts ES as to why he is trying to track her down.  All heck is breaking loose.

The matchmaker is suggesting that Eun Ji try dating MS, now that he's available.  Ha!  This is going to be another smackdown for EJ as she loses out to Kyung In, yet another "commoner" in their book.

Yet another explosive episode in #82.  Jenny is wracking her brain trying to remember where she has seen that black rose tattoo.  Her mother has had it removed and is seen putting lotion on her shoulder.  Jenny will have to reach way back in her memories of her younger days.

Shady Mom is confronting both MS and ES about the info.  I think she's playing the "I'm concerned about your welfare" card with Jenny, but it is Jenny who drops the bomb that the Black Rose was responsible for the death of ES's parents.  Shady Mom is in panic mode.

Looking forward to tomorrow.... :D

19 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@msmy I think MS is sad because Shady mom is comparing him and ES who is very docile 

meant to post this yesterday but was kind of tired. so I think it is not just the comparison but the realization that she is repeating her behaviour -- she was also sweet to him once and he could do no wrong because he was her money purse. now it is eun seok. so in a sense, he knows that there was never any real relationship with her and also there won't be any. it is interesting to see how he sees jenny now as a sister. like he said, there is a fate tied between the two and shady mom is in the middle. shady mom ofcourse had no idea what he is talking about but he is quite right. jenny being really friendly with her ex-fiance is kind of strange if we think about it except she feels a kind of brotherly vibe with him. she meets him freely and without guilt. eun seok also seems to have no problem with that. so after the truth about shady mom comes out, she will definitely need the emotional support of man soo because only he can understand the kind of mixed emotions that shady mom gives.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:23 AM, msmy said:

Sweet relationship developing... MS and Kying In ate at Mrs. Ji's restaurant, then went back to his office for work.  There he picked up his guitar and they sang a duet.  She actually made him smile and laugh... 

what I thought was really cute was that man soo is the one who initiated both the events. so he is feeling very relaxed with kyung in and enjoying her company. just as an aside, have known many couples who really enjoy singing together and fell in love like that. hahahah...

13 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@msmy I was surprised at EJ being keen on MS. I thought she was all set on the Junkyard Heir, Sherlock.

guess sherlock hasn't done enough work to pursue her. what I found really funny is that man soo is not actually on the market but already matchmakers and prospects like eun ji are scheming on how to get a date with him. hahahah...

Shady Mom slipped up again when Jenny was asking about the Black Rose and at first denying she ever heard of her,  then later  responded with, "How would I know about something that happened 25 years ago?"  Jenny caught it right away and asked how she knew it was 25 years ago, as no time period was even mentioned.  Later, Mom made up a lie about maybe she did know of her but thought she was dead.

ES tried to give MS the million dollars that shady Mom owes him, but MS refused.  He told ES that he shouldn't have to pay off shady Mom's debts.  

MS is desperately trying to convince shady Mom of revealing Jenny's family.  It has to come out soon before poor Mrs. Ji goes over the edge.

Well, the wedding happened.  I thought from a previous preview that shady Mom was going to try to stop it, but it went on and MS observed from the back.  The search is on for the Black Rose with numerous leads, and I can't tell what part MS is playing.... is he trying to protect shady Mom?

Last weekend's episodes were quite nauseating.  Why so much focus on that annoying EJ?  She thinks its okay to barge into someone's house and take a selfie of herself lying next to them while they are asleep?!  And her friends sit around and talk about unwed pregnancy like its the coolest idea in the world.

Then so much time given to Young Man's ex.  Whatever for!  Scenes of her going shopping and supposedly turning heads in her swim wear?!  And to the tune of 'Pretty Woman' no less.  Which part of the movie pretty woman does his ex represent - the prostitute part?  :)

Shady Mom couldn't stop the wedding, but she's determined to make ES miserable so he would leave.  That's not going to happen, since the detective crew is all over the case of the Black Rose.   They are approaching MS about the money transfers and "Lucky", who was killed, and MS is screaming at shady Mom about how they are closing in.  In the preview, the detective crew has linked shady Mom to MS's accident.  Funny how so much has come out all of a sudden after about 40 episodes of "filler".  I can't even imagine what shady Mom's strategy is going to be from here on.  And poor Mrs. Ji needs some good news before she loses her mind and ends up in a vegetative state.

5 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@Cassandra E. Bett  Thank you so much for that!

He seems a really nice guy.  Is Son Woo Hyuk his real name or his stage name?  Does he have a girlfriend?  How do you know him?

@msmy Thank you again for the updates!  I will probably have to watch tomorrow.  

He's definitely one of the nicest people I know :) That is indeed his birth name and I know him from my fiancé's friend circle haha, we're all close friends ^_^ As for his girlfriend, I'm sure he wouldn't want that information public so I can't say hehe 

Archived