[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Why is the comment thread so quiet when so much interesting stuff is happening? Jenny is waking up, the aunt and EJ may have been angry, but they weren’t unreasonable since an apology was in order, and the grandpa is old and attached to ES. In fact, I was surprised at the aunt. I thought she would want ES out of the house for good

I think the thread is quiet either because very few watched from the beginning or many dropped it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think the thread is quiet either because very few watched from the beginning or many dropped it

I refrain from commenting because I do not get the opportunity to watch the episodes until they are at least 24 hours old. Therefore, I am behind most everyone in the thread.

12 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I refrain from commenting because I do not get the opportunity to watch the episodes until they are at least 24 hours old. Therefore, I am behind most everyone in the thread.

It is OK, same here, I also watch one day late, but I make general comments, add videos, etc. Actually the drama was slow for long, there was nothing to add

4 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Why is the comment thread so quiet when so much interesting stuff is happening?

Most of the time I'm busy (I have school) and sometimes the subs aren't perfect. I skipped most of the episodes because I almost dropped the drama many times (thankfully I didn't, this is officially one of my favorite dramas!) And the development was slow so I didn't have much to add.

I just make general comments and summaries.

There is so much going on with conversations that subs are so necessary at this point.  It's hard to make any observations because the dialog between characters is so intense.  Some dailies you can skip 40 episodes and still know what's going on... this one is so different.

I hope Mrs. Ji gets relief soon.  She had agreed to help Jenny pick out blankets at the market, but lost contact with her when a shopper ran into Jenny and knocked her phone to the ground.  Mrs. Ji went into a panic attack again.  It seems to be  triggered when she gets separated from a person.

I don't know if MS and shady Mom are wheeling and dealing or what.  This is another good episode and Monday looks good, too.

Wow, I forgot that Kyung In sings too (she used to sing rap :D )

@Lmangla my matchmaking is working 

MS's father loved this song. MS likes Kyung-in 's singing and even smiled but turned serious to keep a distance as a business relationship 

Comment under video, google translate

[Shady Mom in Law EP78|수상한 장모 78회]
고다연(이경인)은 손우혁(안만수)을 기다리다가 발견한 기타를 쳐보며 노래를 부르기 시작한다. 이를 본 손우혁은 좋아하는 노래라며 감상하는 모습을 보여 설렘을 유발한다.

[Shady Mom in Law EP78]
Ko Da-yeon (Lee Kyung-in) waits for Son Woo-hyuk (Ahn Man-soo) and starts singing while playing the guitar she finds. Son Woo-hyuk sees this as a favorite song and shows his appreciation

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Wow, I forgot that Kyung In sings too (she used to sing rap :D )

@Lmangla my matchmaking is working 

MS's father loved this song. MS likes Kyung-in 's singing and even smiled but turned serious to keep a distance as a business relationship 

I must be the only one who does not like this likely future couple:grimace:, I liked to see MS in love with Jenny,  chemistry between jenny and him is so perfect on fire, I would have wanted a real love triangle in this drama, when we do not ask for a love triangle, there has, and on the contrary when there is no love triangle we want:glasses:.

In any case, MS deserves to be happy he suffered so much

28 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I would have wanted a real love triangle in this drama, when we do not ask for a love triangle, there has, and on the contrary when there is no love triangle we want:glasses:.

hahahha.... so true! at the moment, jenny and eun seok are so boring but am also glad that man su is not with jenny. he deserves some fire and passion! 

25 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahahha.... so true! at the moment, jenny and eun seok are so boring but am also glad that man su is not with jenny. he deserves some fire and passion! 

Jenny is not very hot, but Kyung In is so lively

Look at MS's smile when he heard her singing

I am expecting some strong chemistry soon :D

Okay, my hero Man Soo had better not go to jail!  The way he faced down Shady Mom and the way he has stuck out his plan for over a decade is no joke.  ES couldn't do that.  MS deserves happiness, even if it is with messy-looking Kyung In.  At least she has a brain, can sing, walks normally, and is a bit cool.  

Also, anyone else relieved Ms. Ji sleeps fully dressed?

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

I must be the only one who does not like this likely future couple:grimace:, I liked to see MS in love with Jenny,  chemistry between jenny and him is so perfect on fire, I would have wanted a real love triangle in this drama, when we do not ask for a love triangle, there has, and on the contrary when there is no love triangle we want:glasses:.

In any case, MS deserves to be happy he suffered so much

You must be supporting the  second lead syndrome :D

I did so before, in another drama  

I know I'm repeating myself when I say that today's episode was great, but Monday's episode is going to be a bombshell.   The Black Rose is discussed, including her black rose tattoo and blood type O.  Jenny has more material about ES's dad being murdered by the Black Rose when she pulled out a knife.  Shady Mom sees the printed material and is shocked;  she knows that Jenny cannot be married to ES.

Today's episode had a LOL moment when aunt went to meet the mother of Young Man's future date (the doctor).  Guess who the mother is ?  It's Ae Young's doctor who is monitoring her pregnancy!!  She told aunt that the last relationship her doctor daughter had turned out to be a fraud (that's when I laughed out loud!) with things not being disclosed.  This is great. :naughty:

Shady Mom should be getting some clues when MS zeroed in on a reference to "family".  He missed so much and he knows that his "mother" had no maternal instincts to her own son and abandoned him.  He has very deep set emotional scars.

I , too, like the interaction of MS and Kyung In.  I think he appreciates her down to earth and rational thinking, and she's so capable and competent.   Way back at the beginning, KI stated that those rich guys never paid her any attention, so she had no hope of ever being involved with them.  I hope this relationship continues to develop.

The veteran actresses in this drama are really the foundation that makes this daily interesting.  Both Shady Mom and Mrs. Ji are superb.  I hope they both get awards for their performances.

On another note, did anyone else see the announcement that NBC was going to do an American version of "Sky Castle"?  They are working with the Korean director, but I'm leery about how that would grab American audiences.  It seems like the theme is more of a Korean culture issue.  

I had to leave off in the middle earlier for an appointment and am seeing the market scene now.  Of course Jenny is an idiot who would teeter on heels in a market place!  Everyone else in the world knows to wear sneakers or flats, but not her.  Dummy dropped her phone when she naturally got shoved because everyone gets shoved in a market.

@tulip06 @nohamahamoud2002 @msmy ~ kekeke... it feels like kyung in knows a little bit more about man soo then jenny ever did. she knows he plays the guitar and they have the same favourite song and that song was something his dad sang. found it interesting that man soo shared such personal detail with ease with kyung in whereas with jenny, he always had to second guess and swallow his words. she also didn't pay much attention to him earlier and didn't care. it is kind of funny that now that she is no longer engaged to him, she is quite protective of him and gets annoyed every time shady mom calls him a jerk. hahahhaa...

57 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@tulip06 @nohamahamoud2002 @msmy ~ kekeke... it feels like kyung in knows a little bit more about man soo then jenny ever did. she knows he plays the guitar and they have the same favourite song and that song was something his dad sang. found it interesting that man soo shared such personal detail with ease with kyung in whereas with jenny, he always had to second guess and swallow his words. she also didn't pay much attention to him earlier and didn't care. it is kind of funny that now that she is no longer engaged to him, she is quite protective of him and gets annoyed every time shady mom calls him a jerk. hahahhaa...

Maybe because MS came on a bit strong with his chumminess with Shady, Jenny reacted by pulling away. Plus, she had her brain wiped so she became dumb.  (Although, I have not found Ms. Ji and Songah that smart either, artistically talented maybe, but not sharp.) And then again,  I find some of my mother's friend's very annoying and don't care what their favorite things are, and my brain wasn't wiped, I think...

But while she was engaged to him, she was forced to face up to how nice he was to her, and how he helped her meet her friends and did as she wanted to do.

The Jenny and ES scenes are beginning to get boring. At least Jenny is waking up, but ES is becoming a complete idiot. Again, I want her to take revenge against shady mom. It will happen, writer-nim! Whoa, ES's father was a police officer that the Black Rose killed?? Now I see ES taking revenge on shady mom too! Vengeful couple, make it happen, writers!

EJ is being an immature brat again, but she and the aunt are in for a nasty surprise once they find out that shady mom isn't Jenny's true mom. I never once liked EJ and I don't think I ever will. At least YM is ok. He's really stupid though. And it turns out that AY's doctor is the mother of the girl that he's being set up with. Plot twist!

KI can play the guitar! And she's talented. MS and her share the same favorite song... they'd make a great match.

Poor Ms. Ji... she has some type of separation anxiety. I hope she gets better soon. Jenny can be kinda stupid sometimes. The phone drop was another one of those moments. I feel bad for Ms. Ji.

Monday's episode cannot be missed! You'll be missing out!

That's weird.... the part we saw last week in the preview where shady Mom discovers who ES's dad is, isn't in this episode.  But MS is suffering so.  The preview shows him back in the hospital.  And baby doctor figured out who Young Man is and confronted him.... he's toast!  :w00t:

Archived