[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

Things are heating up like a stove! MS is back in the game and everyone is turning against shady mom. I'm actually starting to like the aunt, just a tiny bit. As for EJ and KS... I'm not sure if they work as a couple? What do you think?

On 8/24/2019 at 12:55 PM, Lmangla said:

and she sang him a song in response. thought it was cute that song ah felt relaxed enough to let herself be that young and giggly self where you can sing a cute song.

I watched it yesterday! I really liked it honestly

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Things are heating up like a stove! MS is back in the game and everyone is turning against shady mom. I'm actually starting to like the aunt, just a tiny bit. As for EJ and KS... I'm not sure if they work as a couple? What do you think?

I watched it yesterday! I really liked it honestly

I like EJ and KS together :) they are both wacky :D 

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I like EJ and KS together :) they are both wacky

KS is another one of my favorite characters! I really started to hate EJ when she began harassing DJ. That's just wrong

Oh crap... shady mom and the aunt are gonna fight! I hope this is real! MS is back and setting things back to its rightful place, and KI and him are working together in the book that will bring shady mom down! 

I can respect the aunt now. She has my approval. I still don't like EJ, and I'm starting to hate shady mom.

Jenny and ES are now working together and- ES was foolish enough to agree to shady mom's conditions?! He better change his mind!

Looks like Ms. Ji is gonna find out that Jenny is Kyung Ah!

I'm the drama's sports reporter now :joy:

Wow.  Episode 71 is the one to watch.... lots of Man Soo!!  I need the subs, but the ball is rolling.  @chococarmela.. hot stove is right!  It is heating up.

The book that Jenny had from MS and gave to Mrs. Ji is a bound collection of newspaper articles about the abduction of her daughter.  As Jenny was looking over her shoulder, it kind of looked like she got curious about the pictures as if she thought they were strange.  But then, we have noted before that she is a little slow to catch on.  As Mrs. Ji  looks through it later, something clicks, and she goes to share info with Dong Joo.  MS and Kyung In meet and talk, and KI gets a generous check from MS.

On her way out of the hotel, KI sees the big fight with aunt and shady Mom.  Yes, it's real, complete with "Rocky" music and hair pulling.  So uncouth.  :angry:  Can hardly wait for the subs!

3 hours ago, msmy said:

The book that Jenny had from MS and gave to Mrs. Ji is a bound collection of newspaper articles about the abduction of her daughter.  As Jenny was looking over her shoulder, it kind of looked like she got curious about the pictures as if she thought they were strange.  But then, we have noted before that she is a little slow to catch on.  As Mrs. Ji  looks through it later, something clicks, and she goes to share info with Dong Joo.  MS and Kyung In meet and talk, and KI gets a generous check from MS.

Finally! It's kicking into high gear! I'm so excited!

@chococarmela ~ on eun ji and kyung soo pairing, like @nohamahamoud2002 said, they are both wacky and so their pairing actually kinda works. I was surprised by it but it looks like it will be entertaining... so rather than get annoyed at eun ji's behaviour, sherlock actually found her hilarious and kept pulling pranks on her. in a way, it put her in place. whereas a normal guy like dong joo didn't know what to do and was instead raising his blood pressure and giving him anxiety. sherlock is also that older but young enough type guy she wants. can you imagine if she decides to help on the black rose case? will it be comedy? or us getting annoyed?

48 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so their pairing actually kinda works. I was surprised by it but it looks like it will be entertaining... so rather than get annoyed at eun ji's behaviour, sherlock actually found her hilarious and kept pulling pranks on her. in a way, it put her in place. whereas a normal guy like dong joo didn't know what to do and was instead raising his blood pressure and giving him anxiety. sherlock is also that older but young enough type guy she wants. can you imagine if she decides to help on the black rose case? will it be comedy? or us getting annoyed?

If EJ becomes more of a "serious" character, by helping on the Black Rose case, that would be interesting to see.

16 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I'm actually starting to like the aunt, just a tiny bit.

same here; she used to drive me nuts but she is hilarious in how blunt she is in attacking shady mom. she told shady mom that there are rumours that jenny is just a slave. LOL. and so the family is also fed up with eun seok. honestly, he deciding to just do whatever shady mom wants just to be able to marry jenny is a bit absurd. he seems to think that given enough time, he will just move back home with his grandfather but aunt warns him that giving in the first step is a disaster. she actually seems to care for him in some level enough to get into a fight with shady mom. that cat fight was really funny and the two actresses looked like they were having a ball on some level. hahahah...

9 hours ago, msmy said:

The book that Jenny had from MS and gave to Mrs. Ji is a bound collection of newspaper articles about the abduction of her daughter.  As Jenny was looking over her shoulder, it kind of looked like she got curious about the pictures as if she thought they were strange.  But then, we have noted before that she is a little slow to catch on. 

am a little confusing about the time -- so it was said the kidnapping happened 15 years ago when jenny was 4. so that would make her 19?????? and song ah would also be in her twenties then. LOL. guess the writer has the times mixed up. mrs ji was already feeling quite sentimental at hearing man soo missed her and her food. she asked jenny if it was alright to invite man soo or meet him and if eun seok would get upset. jenny said that it would be fine. so it looks like man soo will eventually get close and even be accepted by mrs. ji. with the book, he basically compiled all the things that happened that day and it finally clicks for her that the black rose and her daughter disappeared on the same day and same place....

man soo was really the star of today's episode. so his chat with kyung in was interesting and he insists that everything be kept confidential and he is even paying her for it. kyung in is naturally confused and asks why and he hints that the accident wasn't one. she is bit alarmed and asks if it has to do with jenny but he says not quite. so kyung in will eventually start connecting the dots as she finds out more.

jenny met up with man soo to return the documents for the house and he insists that she keep them. she feels uncomfortable but he tells her that all his actions are calculated. he only wants the rights for the book but will let her have final say before it is published. she has no idea why he is obsessed with the book or why this is important. at least her brain was working and she asked some questions though man soo deflected on most. found it interesting that he said he doesn't hate shady mom but she hates him. in that case, is it just a matter of justice and restoration for him?

@Lmangla The more Mansoo we get, the more interesting it is, because he is the only one who has done any real investigative and undercover work. Plus, he is a kind and considerate person, as well as being calculating. So, his complications are interesting. 

Todays episode was really good and I’m looking forward to more. 

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

same here; she used to drive me nuts but she is hilarious in how blunt she is in attacking shady mom. she told shady mom that there are rumours that jenny is just a slave. LOL. and so the family is also fed up with eun seok. honestly, he deciding to just do whatever shady mom wants just to be able to marry jenny is a bit absurd. he seems to think that given enough time, he will just move back home with his grandfather but aunt warns him that giving in the first step is a disaster. she actually seems to care for him in some level enough to get into a fight with shady mom.

The aunt is brave, I'll give her that. Hopefully she doesn't get hurt because of shady mom's revenge...

ES is acting strange, really strange. I get he loves Jenny, but this is... Absurd, as you said.

MS has done a tremendous amount of work in compiling that book about Mrs. Ji's daughter disappearing.  The articles assembled were from an extensive newspaper article published 15 years ago about the disappearance of children and the impact on parents.  Evidently the cases mentioned covered a period of many years, so that's where it was a little confusing about the "15 years ago."  What is amazing and shows how MS is guiding them to new discoveries is the section of articles titled, "Things that happened on that day", and mentions the disappearance of the Black Rose.  Mrs. Ji immediately runs to DJ with the info, and things are beginning to click.  Funny how shady Mom's appearance doesn't ring a bell with those who were in police work.

MS is dead serious about keeping things under wraps with Kyung In.  She was given a $5,000 stipend, but would face a 10 times penalty if things started leaking.  He is so methodical and has everything in control.  The drip, drip, drip is going to be fun.  ^_^

1 minute ago, msmy said:

MS has done a tremendous amount of work in compiling that book about Mrs. Ji's daughter disappearing.  The articles assembled were from an extensive newspaper article published 15 years ago about the disappearance of children and the impact on parents.  Evidently the cases mentioned covered a period of many years, so that's where it was a little confusing about the "15 years ago."  What is amazing and shows how MS is guiding them to new discoveries is the section of articles titled, "Things that happened on that day", and mentions the disappearance of the Black Rose.  Mrs. Ji immediately runs to DJ with the info, and things are beginning to click.  Funny how shady Mom's appearance doesn't ring a bell with those who were in police work.

MS is dead serious about keeping things under wraps with Kyung In.  She was given a $5,000 stipend, but would face a 10 times penalty if things started leaking.  He is so methodical and has everything in control.  The drip, drip, drip is going to be fun.  ^_^

All of this!  I love MS!  He is the best thing in this show.  And when he shows himself as Shady Mom's son to her later on, it's going to be when she goes to jail, because that's how calculating he is.  (And it's been fun seeing how shady mom can't quite figure out why she is so attached to him emotionally.) 

MS is not a typical Korean son.  He wanted time with his mom, but he was determined to see justice done too, so he never excused anything. 

2 hours ago, msmy said:

If you knew how much I love MS now, you'd be shocked. MS is amazing, so amazing. He practically drives the drama forward, and brings in all the mystery.

Love him. I hope he doesn't get killed off or move abroad.

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

If you knew how much I love MS now, you'd be shocked. MS is amazing, so amazing. He practically drives the drama forward, and brings in all the mystery.

Love him. I hope he doesn't get killed off or move abroad.

I am glad :D welcome to MS fan club :mrgreen:

Spoiler

download.jpgdownload-1.jpg

He is cool :) 

Shady mom lifts her eyebrows even when she was young ;)<_<

Archived