[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

8 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think because they give many scenes for EJ, youngman and his mom that it is too slow.

They are so unnecessary. Lol. Why are they even- I just skip their scenes. I guess I can bear for one more week. I'll finish this week's episodes, and if I don't like it, I'll go back to my other dramas instead

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

This is where some drama writers really reach for story lines eh? Grandpa should have scolded her immediately at the lunch and called his daughter into his office and told her to straighten her daughter out. Such a crazy departure from normal human behavior.

And in the present climate we're in with claims of sexual harassment,  I would think this writer wouldn't even go there.  If the roles were reversed, and it was the man pursuing a female, would that be cute also?  Absolutely not, as he'd lose his job in a minute.

Another fluff episode with 63.  Much of it is skippable, but the preview for next week looks like MS and Kyung In are in touch and exchanging info.  

7 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I don't know why I'm still watching this drama to be honest. I should really have dropped it in the first place. There's no character development, it moves too slow and I hate half the characters. I'm serious, I won't watch it anymore

kekeke..... I am actually really bored with kdramas at the moment and none of the airing dramas are catching my interest to even check it out. but for some reason, am still watching this one. it feels like a bag of chips that once opened, you need to finish even if you are not that hungry. :lol:

I am so mad about how the story is written for SA/DJ/EJ.  Is this triangle relationship really THAT important?   I mean it is ridiculously stupid and not interesting at all.  So she got him drunk, that’s where her pregnant comes into play.  OMG, I hate where this is going.   And thank you SA, for telling your mom!   I am sincerely hoping the writer will move on from this, is getting more and more childish and definitely not pleasing to watch.  

3 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

I am so mad about how the story is written for SA/DJ/EJ.  Is this triangle relationship really THAT important?   I mean it is ridiculously stupid and not interesting at all.  So she got him drunk, that’s where her pregnant comes into play.  OMG, I hate where this is going.   And thank you SA, for telling your mom!   I am sincerely hoping the writer will move on from this, is getting more and more childish and definitely not pleasing to watch.  

Like I predicted that she will use her friend's ultrasound 

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke..... I am actually really bored with kdramas at the moment and none of the airing dramas are catching my interest to even check it out. but for some reason, am still watching this one. it feels like a bag of chips that once opened, you need to finish even if you are not that hungry. :lol:

I had that experience with a bag of chips yesterday!!!  It felt so good!  And I recommend Everyone Says Kungdari for light fun and lots of action if anyone is interested. As for dramas, I watch Chinese ones mostly now.  I am watching Longest Day in Chang'An and just finished The Lost Tomb 2: Explore with the Note.  I plan to start Return The World To You soon.

Oh, and the weekend ones are nuts!  Golden Garden is particularly crazy.  Oh Jieun is the worst actress ever, and she makes it funny as a result.  But I will probably pick that up again next week depending on how RTWTY goes.

@Jamie Hartford OMG, exactly my thoughts on that silly love triangle nonsense.  But I suspect they are showing that SA has to get over her trauma of being cheated on and so she will have to fight off EJ and also see DJ be stronger with EJ.  He was about to tell EJ that he liked SA when the chairman walked in.  And, also, this is life: if you like something or someone, someone else tries to interfere and take it away somehow.  A person has to stand up for what they want.  Young Man wasn't worth the fight for SA, but DJ should be, assuming he also draws a proper line with EJ.  

@rolisrntex ~ am not sure why grandpa is getting involved with this eun ji mess because he is going to be soooooo embarrassed when it comes to light that eun ji is basically a stalker.

4 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Like I predicted that she will use her friend's ultrasound 

really hope that it doesn't go that far because it is going to a real mess if that happens. :wacko:.. but don't ultrasounds usually have name of patient?

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@Jamie Hartford OMG, exactly my thoughts on that silly love triangle nonsense.  But I suspect they are showing that SA has to get over her trauma of being cheated on and so she will have to fight off EJ and also see DJ be stronger with EJ.  He was about to tell EJ that he liked SA when the chairman walked in.  And, also, this is life: if you like something or someone, someone else tries to interfere and take it away somehow.  A person has to stand up for what they want.  Young Man wasn't worth the fight for SA, but DJ should be, assuming he also draws a proper line with EJ.  

if song ah becomes more assertive, then it would be a positive like you said. also wish dong joo to be more blunt. so the more I think about it, no one in this family has been rejected and seem to assume that obviously dong joo should be interested in eun ji because she is cute. eun ji actually seems to think that dong joo is reserved because she is rich and doesn't want to get involved -- it does not seem to strike her that there could be men who would not be interested in her. same for aunt as well as grandpa. so it is going to be one huge slap for them to find out that song ah is who he prefers. in some ways, as a matter of healing, song ah needs someone who will choose her, prioritize her and will not waver. hopefully, dong joo is that person because right now, it is also annoying that he doesn't really tell eun ji off and is holding his tongue. sigh.

I foreshadow a break up between SA and DJ.  I don't believe SA is confident enough to go through it.  Remember, SA has been brainwashed by her in-laws by constantly telling her she is ugly or incompetent for the family.  So she automatically thinks she's not good enough for DJ either.  Also, she doesn't want anything to do with the in-laws.  I feel like next week will be hard ones to watch, stupid PD.  I feel like no one can blame SA for the way she is, but we should try to understand her.  

You know, I don't about you guys, I kind of understand EJ.  Not the stalking part, but the love part.  You know, in life we can't control who we love.  I mean I guess you can but to some extent.  DJ didn't actually put his foot down to stop all these dramas, therefore EJ thinks she has a chance with him.  I am not saying EJ is mature in love, but she is at the age where she knows what's her ideal type.  I know plenty of people, women, who married their partner 10 years their senior.  Therefore, it is known by the society. Of course, it takes two to make it work.  EJ probably has been spoiled since she was little, thus she doesn't know if is not hers, she shouldn't take it.  

Either stands you believe in, I will root for SA.  I really hope the writer will not let her give up this easy!  

@Ameera Ali focus on Youngman and his girlfriend, they are excellent candidates for comedy :D

whenever she calls him "honey" I start laughing :D

@Lmangla as soon as EJ asked her friend for the ultrasound, I smelled trouble. And in kdrama everything is possible including the exchange of DNA tests  :D

@Jamie Hartford I think EJ is looking for a father figure so she needs to wake up. I hope she let Dong joo be instead of hindering ordinary course of the drama. But again the writer is just filling the long episodes

It's easy to put the blame on Dong Joo, but Song Ah could be a little more assertive toward Eun Ji.  Frankly I'd like to see Mrs. Ji set her straight.... she isn't holding back these days!

MS has been in touch with Kyung In, and clearing up some of the childhood answers that Jenny gave in the interview.  It looked like he is determined to get better and is trying to stand after being in a wheelchair.

I don't like the direction where this drama is going, at least for our second couple.  What the hell is grandpa doing telling SA to back off.  Now SA thinks she doesn't stand a chance because EJ has a powerful grandpa behind her back.  I feel so bad for SA.  She's gonna cry a lot in the next few episodes.    

Archived