[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

44 minutes ago, tulip06 said:
19 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like MS? I feel like people like him just because he's attractive.

Also, this drama needs more revenge, getting a little bored now :sleeping:

He is extremely attractive, so much so that the actor needed a couple of days off from our thirst! 

And he is the only one working on revenge.  So, if he goes, I go. 

bwahahaha.... as usual @tulip06 , your comments are hilarious. but you know what's funny, I actually don't find that actor that attractive. LOL. :lol:

@chococarmela ~ so I like man soo because like tulip06 said, he is the only one actively working on revenge and it makes him interesting. all the other characters are kind of bland. we have eun seok who for some reason looks like he is wearing too small clothes like a kid at a wedding. jenny is forever dazed even though she is bit more assertive with shady mom -- but basically she is just like a teenager. so their puppy love is not that entertaining.

dong joo and song ah are cute with their sharing of food but they both need to tell eun ji off. that girl needs a life and someone to give her a whack -- what does her dad leaving have to do with her romantic life? so translation: she wants a romantic father figure? :huh:..chairman doesn't do much besides eat breakfast. then there's yong man and aunt who are just dumb. kyung in hasn't been doing much besides setting up the table and maybe staring at the computer. song ah's mom and shady mom just like tsking at each other. so in all this very serene nothingness, man soo seems like the only thing that is driving this drama train. :phew:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the kiss between dong joo and song ah was rather cutely shot. did anyone else think the way PD framed the shoes getting close as really sweet?

I really enjoyed that scene as well!  I think I mentioned somewhere!  This is the first hot kiss by any middle-aged drama couples!  And it is also close up shot!  It was sincere and real!  They were passionate, haha!  I also, like the shoes scene!  It was really a symbolic moment!  But I am afraid now that the grandma knows, he might help her and Soo Ah might have no choice but to back down.  Now I am gonna feel bad for SA.  

I liked this episode so much.... couples solidifying their relationships.  Eun Ji did one thing right... pushing Dong Joo and Song Ah to announcing their courtship at day 100.  Song Ah needed that nudge, so I'm glad it is in the works.  ;)

I love that MS is getting involved with Kyung In with the Jenny book.  She'll be getting some valuable information that does an "end around" shady Mom.   The preview indicates that MS has thrown down the gauntlet and will challenge shady Mom which puts her on the defensive.  "Lucky" has been found dead.  Dangerous times ahead.  :(

Thanks @msmy for all your summaries  :) I wait for subs always so I watch only once :)

after watching, as I predicted, EJ is causing trouble by the photo. Now next is the ultrasound  photos of her pregnant friend. She will claim pregnancy to force her mom to get married to Dong Joo. I know no one will believe her but her stupid mom thinks Dong joo is seducing EJ :tears: this means nuisance and trouble. 

Some photos and videos :) 

Spoiler
Q

Jenny's encounter with the pickpocket has her reaching back into her memory as to why that all feels strange.  She actually picked the pickpocket, and took back the billfold that he had taken from the young girl.  She expressed it all to ES, and they staged an episode outside with her trying to get at his billfold in his jacket, but she failed miserably.  Preview shows her questioning shady Mom about those early days, but mom is denying it all.

This episode (62) is kind of "fluffy" with several events of minimal interest.  Ma Eum has 3 friends over to show off her "Mom", Grandma, and aunt.  They have a supper of pizza and sweets, and send a picture to DJ.

Eun Ji got Chairman Oh to set up a lunch with DJ, then grandpa called to say he couldn't make it.  Awkward.  :angry:

Words exchanged between shady Mom and MS.  She's on the attack but she's still very sore from her accident, so her mobility is still limited.   I wonder, by any chance, did MS leave any surprises in his room for shady Mom to discover.... like that album with his Dad?

Jenny ticked off her mother by announcing she is working with ES (I think).  She is showing some real backbone and not letting anything deter her.  Refreshing!  :lol:

@nohamahamoud2002 @msmy ~ eun ji is turning more and more horrible isn't she? :vicx: wish dong joo would give her a tight slap or something. it is getting into stalker territory and grandpa is also enabling? hope the entire family is so embarrassed thoroughly by her behaviour when it comes out. HR should take some action against her!  eun seok should tell grandpa about how she has been pursuing dong joo despite him telling her to act more professional.

@msmy If it's mostly fluff, I'll skip it today.  It's not subtitled yet, and I had to watch Everyone Says Kungdari with breakfast instead.  Perhaps, at most, I'll go in to see the exchange between MS and Shady Mom.  The rest sound like they are going in circles!

When shady Mom finally got in touch with MS, she and he questioned  each other for causing the accidents.  In the end she said, "Don't ever appear in front of us again!"  He responded with , "NO.  It seems we have a lot to talk about, Mother."  To which she said, " Don't call me Mother.  This is going to be our last phone call."  I hope he springs into action now.

I think it's significant that when Jenny has pushed ahead boldly with her plans,  and has confronted her mother that she would make her own decisions from now on, that strange, eerie music is playing in the background.  That usually signifies that shady Mom is so incensed that she will retaliate.  Look out Jenny and ES!  :tears:

6 minutes ago, msmy said:

To which she said, " Don't call me Mother.  This is going to be our last phone call."  I hope he springs into action now.

found it hilarious because in the subs I saw, she says "don't call me" and I was like "woman you called him and then telling him not to call?" hahahahha... but loved how man soo gave a punch where he outright asked her if she was behind his accident. he looked quite sad, weary and disappointed after the phone call -- it felt like he has nothing to hold him back now from springing into total action. hopefully the next 60 episodes will be fast moving!

On 8/14/2019 at 8:21 AM, Lmangla said:

all the other characters are kind of bland.

I don't know why I'm still watching this drama to be honest. I should really have dropped it in the first place. There's no character development, it moves too slow and I hate half the characters. I'm serious, I won't watch it anymore

30 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I don't know why I'm still watching this drama to be honest. I should really have dropped it in the first place. There's no character development, it moves too slow and I hate half the characters. I'm serious, I won't watch it anymore

It is a daily so it is slow, but you can skip if you are bored 

Try mini series instead :)

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

eun seok should tell grandpa about how she has been pursuing dong joo despite him telling her to act more professional.

This is where some drama writers really reach for story lines eh? Grandpa should have scolded her immediately at the lunch and called his daughter into his office and told her to straighten her daughter out. Such a crazy departure from normal human behavior.

16 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I watch dailies, I do. And I like them. But this... When does it get better?

I think because they give many scenes for EJ, youngman and his mom that it is too slow. Also mysteries are not revealed yet. You can watch it weekly instead.

meanwhile try this one

Spoiler

Class of lies

Mystery mini series 

One of the best

It is still aired

Archived