Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모 - Mon to Fri 8:40 KST

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

I believe too that shady mom is Man Soo's bio mother but how does this make him half brother with Eun Suk ? Did I miss anything ?

I was thinking that the man that was killed (and seen by Man Soo as a child) was Man Soo's father.   Eun Suk's father  was a Policeman and was also killed by the Black Rose, I thought they may have been the same man.  This is my assumption and based on how twisted kdramas usually are, it is highly possible.  Then again, I may be totally wrong.  :D

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So young Man and Kyung in will meet and work together as predicted, lol, I can not wait to see the evolution of their love stories will be very funny like these characters;:joy::joy:

 

Otherwise poor jenny, where she will start to rebel really she is likely to suffer much her fake mother really terrifying, this woman is the devil and man soo it was devastated and so cute, I wanted to take him in my arms and to chew him:cold_sweat::glasses:

  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 12:52 AM, joccu said:

I don't like jenny. She's too gullible for my liking.

am actually surprised that I don't find jenny annoying. LOL. normally, feel like pulling my hair at some of these female leads who act silly but since it looks like jenny is completely in lala land, it is actually more amusing. shady mom doesn't even have to work that hard to pull the wool over this girl's eyes. :lol:

 

14 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I do feel they made Jenny a little bit too dumb to be a famous designer.  It is probably the after affect of the brainwashing her supposed mother has done to her.  I sure hope she gets stronger and fights for her freedom.  She is an adult and doesn't need her mother for everything.  She is already famous..

in a way, it makes sense because she doesn't manage a single aspect of the business. the only thing she does is design and sew clothes on her own in this workshop. so she can afford to be dumb as long as she is creative? :D hahahahah....

 

14 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I also love Dong Joo, he will be the perfect husband for Song A now that she is divorced from Young Man.  Not sure what she saw in him to begin with.  :) 

love the somber quieter beat of this romance. it isn't fancy but still feels romantic no? yea, it is surprising given her personality on how she ended up with yong man. was it a one night romance? or maybe she just wanted someone who is silly and makes her laugh? it doesn't look like yong man was even serious about her but they had to get married because she got pregnant. so perhaps, it was just meant to be a fling?

 

9 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I was thinking that the man that was killed (and seen by Man Soo as a child) was Man Soo's father.   Eun Suk's father  was a Policeman and was also killed by the Black Rose, I thought they may have been the same man.  This is my assumption and based on how twisted kdramas usually are, it is highly possible.  Then again, I may be totally wrong.  :D

oooh, now that would be an interesting twist. and yea, given how we always get some surprising twist, one never knows. it looks like man soo really is interesting for many of us here in the thread as he seems so unpredictable..

 

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

So young Man and Kyung in will meet and work together as predicted, lol, I can not wait to see the evolution of their love stories will be very funny like these characters;:joy::joy:

am hoping that rather than a love story, it will be more like a punishment exercise where he gets taught a lesson. :lol: kyung in is pretty smart for now and seems like the type of gal to actually beat him up. it would be a pity if she also ended up like jenny. am not sure if we can handle more lala land characters. :tounge_wink:

 

welcome to the thread @rikimaiu; did you just start watching? how do you find the drama so far?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I managed to actually watch that lengthy scene between Jenny and her shady mom. It was excruciating because it really looked like Jenny could easily believe her shady mom despite the confirmation from Eun Seok and Man Soo that her mother was behind everything. To me it would be easy enough for shady mom to have Jenny committed to a psychiatric institution because she brought up Dr. Yoon again and Jenny is acting like a nut. However, in the preview for tomorrow it looks like she told Eun Seok that her mother is making it seem like she’s mentally unstable so I believe he might have encouraged her to get away from shady mom and he’ll protect her. She must have left because shady mom then meets with Man Soo and tells him to find Jenny and bring her back. I’m guessing they might team up although I hope Man Soo doesn’t fall into that cliche.

 

As to Man Soo, where romance with Jenny is concerned I do not feel sorry for him. I just don’t support a person pursuing someone who genuinely find them bothersome and Jenny treats him that way since the beginning. I believe people should keep a certain degree of dignity in this type of situation. 

 

It looks like Eun Seok is becoming interested in why Man Soo chose to introduce the Jenny connection to J Group because their fashion business is a mess. I hope he pursues it because there is probably more to the introduction than meets the eye. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Well, I managed to actually watch that lengthy scene between Jenny and her shady mom. It was excruciating because it really looked like Jenny could easily believe her shady mom despite the confirmation from Eun Seok and Man Soo that her mother was behind everything. To me it would be easy enough for shady mom to have Jenny committed to a psychiatric institution because she brought up Dr. Yoon again and Jenny is acting like a nut. However, in the preview for tomorrow it looks like she told Eun Seok that her mother is making it seem like she’s mentally unstable so I believe he might have encouraged her to get away from shady mom and he’ll protect her. She must have left because shady mom then meets with Man Soo and tells him to find Jenny and bring her back. I’m guessing they might team up although I hope Man Soo doesn’t fall into that cliche.

 

As to Man Soo, where romance with Jenny is concerned I do not feel sorry for him. I just don’t support a person pursuing someone who genuinely find them bothersome and Jenny treats him that way since the beginning. I believe people should keep a certain degree of dignity in this type of situation. 

 

It looks like Eun Seok is becoming interested in why Man Soo chose to introduce the Jenny connection to J Group because their fashion business is a mess. I hope he pursues it because there is probably more to the introduction than meets the eye. 

I think he must've have done it, thinking that Song Ah is Young Man's wife.  But Song Ah got divorced in the meantime.

 

Anyone else annoyed by the terrible timing of the subtitles?  I am getting so tired by them!  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I think he must've have done it, thinking that Song Ah is Young Man's wife.  But Song Ah got divorced in the meantime.

 

Anyone else annoyed by the terrible timing of the subtitles?  I am getting so tired by them!  

That thought did occur to me but I wondered if he didn’t know at the time that Young Man got a divorce. However, the divorce seemed pretty sudden and recent. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering, too,  about that Man Soo/J Group introduction  (more holes that need to be filled!), and am  thinking about what @Pam_Van Fossen suggested that Man Soo might have a connection to that family.  We don't know the backstory of Chairman's son/policeman/ES's father and ES's mother.... like did she die and he had a fling with evil Mom?  Or maybe an affair?  Man Soo has an awful lot of information about all of these people, and it looks like he deliberately threw them all together as part of his revenge scheme.    As Jenny tries to break away, he has to remain in the mix somehow to pull off his plan.

 

I'm not liking it that we've gone through 20 episodes now and not seen any flashbacks to shed light on what happened in the past.  We're moving along with the characters that are in conflict, but we have no background as to "Why?"  One of the reasons we liked the beginning of "It's My Life"  so much is that the characters, their history, their goals were spelled out clearly within the first 8-10 episodes.  It makes it so much more enjoyable if everything is clarified  early, at least for me.  :(

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Anyone else annoyed by the terrible timing of the subtitles?  I am getting so tired by them!  

it was driving me nuts which is why I use a different site where the subs are better timed. check the old link I sent you by PM. wonder if others have the same problem....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it was driving me nuts which is why I use a different site where the subs are better timed. check the old link I sent you by PM. wonder if others have the same problem....

I will use that one from now on.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Jenny is making a run for the border and trying to leave the country.  I get the impression that she won't get out of the airport.<_<

  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msmy said:

Looks like Jenny is making a run for the border and trying to leave the country.  I get the impression that she won't get out of the airport.<_<

Now I'm wondering if she is running around the Japanese airport or the Korean one lol:sweat_smile::joy:. At least she is trying to escape lol:lol:.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else loved Man Soo deadpan-calling out Shady Mom's lies and craziness with the libel lawsuit idea?  He knew she was lying all along about Oh Eun Seuk and the pickpocket incident. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shady Mom weaseled out of a libel lawsuit by saying she didn't want anything "messy", so she would use her own methods.  But I think the seed was planted for Jenny to end up at Song Ah's house as a safe place/hideout.  Perhaps she'll contact reporter Kyung In or ES for temporary lodging.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Who else loved Man Soo deadpan-calling out Shady Mom's lies and craziness with the libel lawsuit idea?  He knew she was lying all along about Oh Eun Seuk and the pickpocket incident. 

it was actually pretty funny but he is quite smart. he does not like shady mom's underhanded methods to try lock up jenny and so came up with a rational, logical response. hahahah... also cracked up when he logically said 30 year old take trips all the time. so what is the big deal if jenny goes away for a few days? LOL...

 

but shady mom will really stoop to all sorts of levels. she actually suggested that man soo do something to make jenny handicapped so that she would be indoors all the time. yikes! or her other scheme is basically to make jenny declared mentally unfit.. :blink:

 

@lu09 ~ it is good to see jenny at least making a dash for it. LOL. did we think this day will come? hahahah :D not sure if she will succeed but the story has to shift to korea soon no? can't keep her dangling in japan...

 

but it looks like jenny will somehow end up with songah's house? songah's mom said that if birds sing, then a guest will come. so is the guest jenny? @msmy ~ ooh, jenny contacting kyung in makes lot of sense...

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t with that shady mum she’s so crazy! Her and Man Su have such insane obsession with Jenny! It’s disgusting how manipulative she is I’m so happy that Jenny finally managed to get away from her and is making time for herself I mean she is 30 not like she’s a kid who needs her mother to constantly keep watch over her!

 

Gosh Eun Seuk is surrounded by crazy people too his aunt is absolutely horrible and her son is a complete moron feel sorry for him for having to live with idiots like that!

 

I feel like this drama will make me so frustrated especiallg with how psychotic the shady mum is 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 2:41 AM, Lmangla said:

~ what are your impressions so far? characters that you are really enjoying or intrigued by?

 

I love it! I like the reporter, the delivery man, Jenny, ES, and SA mother. The aunt is so annoying. I'm intrigued about the Black Rose case... What is it? @Lmangla

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenny arrived at the airport in Korea, escaped the abduction attempt orchestrated by her Mom, and turned away the polite assistant, I think maybe that was sent by Man Soo.  ES helped fight off the bad guys, then Jenny ran and they are separated, so she is on her own.  Shady Mom is super pissed.  :crazy:

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

Man Su have such insane obsession with Jenny!

am not very convinced he has an obsession with jenny. he seems to be more obsessed with shady mom. LOL. hahahhha... so it is difficult to tell what his actual intentions are towards jenny but it is becoming more clear that he is the reason shady mom has not resorted to more crazy antics for jenny. he is the reason that she hasn't been sold off to some psycho.

 

the woman actually suggests handicapping jenny just to keep her locked up and man soo's eyes widened with shock and horror and he said "that will not happen." then shady mom came down a notch and acted like it was just the alcohol talking. man soo is a real weird second lead -- how many second leads will tell shady mom that it is okay for jenny to meet eun seok, LOL. was actually cracking up on that scene.

 

when shady mom complained about them not being married, he said that jenny intimidates him which is why it takes time. LOL. man soo is the stronger one emotionally and if he had willed it, these two would have married long ago because jenny has zero power or say with shady mom. so why hasn't he pushed? whatever his game, it is bigger than just getting jenny....

 

3 hours ago, msmy said:

Jenny arrived at the airport in Korea, escaped the abduction attempt orchestrated by her Mom, and turned away the polite assistant, I think maybe that was sent by Man Soo.  ES helped fight off the bad guys, then Jenny ran and they are separated, so she is on her own.  Shady Mom is super pissed.  :crazy:

ooh! thats great news. will look forward to when the subs come out....

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly appreciate how smart Kyung In and Eun Seok are because they just met Jenny and having observed the things around the clueless Jenny, they have already drawn pretty accurate conclusions about her and her mom and in a reasonable way too. 

 

In the preview it seems that the Chairman is requesting that Eun Seok stop getting involved with Jenny. It’s the first time I agree with a parental figure’s interference in this kind of situation because like the Chairman pointed out, the crazy woman might do something to him. To me it’s just not worth it. I like that the Chairman asked Dong Joo to assist Eun Seok. At least someone else in the company will be supporting his position and goals.

 

I’m so glad that the private investigator will be working with Dong Joo on the Black Rose case. I hope they make good progress over the year. And what’s up with Eun Ji crushing on Dong Joo? :lol: Too funny with the music and dreamlike scene. Young Man and Kyung In’s meeting was amusing. She might end up being the actual boss in their office.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...