[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

6 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

I don't like the direction where this drama is going, at least for our second couple.  What the hell is grandpa doing telling SA to back off.  Now SA thinks she doesn't stand a chance because EJ has a powerful grandpa behind her back.  I feel so bad for SA.  She's gonna cry a lot in the next few episodes.    

It is inevitable to have this annoying EJ causing the breakup, I expected it when she was after DG from the start 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

I don't like the direction where this drama is going, at least for our second couple.  What the hell is grandpa doing telling SA to back off.  Now SA thinks she doesn't stand a chance because EJ has a powerful grandpa behind her back.  I feel so bad for SA.  She's gonna cry a lot in the next few episodes.    

So EJ is really pregnant??? she slept  really with dong  joo?? i said that he's drunk, but this drama make me confused:astonished:, always the same mistakes

56 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

preview aug 20

Why do this to a woman who has been nothing but sweet to those around her.  SA should stay strong and not break up with DJ.  Their love triangle was not in the description.  The writer must have something she’s not liking about SA.  First, she had a shity in-laws and now she’s having the grandpa telling her to back off???!!  If this ain’t some kind of hate, I don’t know what it is.  

Man Soo told Kyung In that the person who treated Jenny was a " Dr. Yoon" , not a doctor, but a hypnotist.  He was supposed to "alter " her memories, so KI is looking into that.  I don't suppose there are doctor/client privileges with a person like that.  And MS is determined to get back to Korea to "finish what he started".  He told KI not to tell anyone that he would be back next month.

1 hour ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Why do this to a woman who has been nothing but sweet to those around her.  SA should stay strong and not break up with DJ.  Their love triangle was not in the description.  The writer must have something she’s not liking about SA.  First, she had a shity in-laws and now she’s having the grandpa telling her to back off???!!  If this ain’t some kind of hate, I don’t know what it is.  

No this is the usual stuff in kdrama. The good characters suffer for 119 episodes and be happy for 1 episode only :D

my friend @jayakris was describing us as kdrama sufferers :D

Just saying my opinion about EJ. She is a teenager in her actions. She needs a father not a husband. With a mother and brother like hers, her problem got bigger. She is more of a nuisance and source of trouble. I don't take her seriously and although she might temporarily separate DJ and SA, he will always give her the cold shoulder. I think the writer needs to introduce a young man in EJ's age so she would let go of DJ because she does not really love him.

After watching, I like MS and KI interaction. She admires him already and praises his punctuality and professionalism despite his accident. I was trying to matchmake :)

It occurred to me first time when I saw KI writing to MS in the preview but was a bit reluctant to discuss the idea.  But @Lmangla liked it already (we were talking on Add and Subtract thread and encouraged me to mention the idea here)

I feel sorry for SA. She lacks self-confidence. I was hoping she fights more for her love. DJ will get shocked when EJ starts stalking him more with the blessing of her granddad. She needs to force her mother to accept DJ and here will come the fake pregnancy :(

Any way I hope DJ doesn't give in

I believe DJ got Song Ah to admit why she was crying, and he seems like he won't stand for it.  He is shocked that Chairman got involved, but the preview shows Chairman pretty steamed, so maybe DJ dug in and made his point.  Chairman better stock up on his meds with both DJ and Eun Suk going their own ways and getting his goat.

Shady mom is pretty frustrated too with both her physical condition and her financial condition.  She admitted to Jenny that she is very much in debt, so Jenny has the upper hand in a sense because she is working for Eun Suk and owns dozens of properties.  Man Soo is working hard on his physical therapy.... where is the therapist for this rich person?  <_<

3 hours ago, msmy said:

Shady mom is pretty frustrated too with both her physical condition and her financial condition.  She admitted to Jenny that she is very much in debt, so Jenny has the upper hand in a sense because she is working for Eun Suk and owns dozens of properties.  Man Soo is working hard on his physical therapy.... where is the therapist for this rich person?  <_<

Hahaha, everyone is abandoning shady mom now. And Jenny is gaining power!

But I wanna see what she does next... :ph34r:

9 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Got topics mixed up with another daily drama my bad

I do that too.

Sometimes I think of Jenny as Yeonhee from Two Mothers... Lol

13 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

After watching, I like MS and KI interaction. She admires him already and praises his punctuality and professionalism despite his accident. I was trying to matchmake :)

It occurred to me first time when I saw KI writing to MS in the preview but was a bit reluctant to discuss the idea.  But @Lmangla liked it already (we were talking on Add and Subtract thread and encouraged me to mention the idea here)

I feel sorry for SA. She lacks self-confidence. I was hoping she fights more for her love. DJ will get shocked when EJ starts stalking him more with the blessing of her granddad. She needs to force her mother to accept DJ and here will come the fake pregnancy :(

Any way I hope DJ doesn't give in

am looking forward to man soo and kyung in getting to know each other. jenny's brain was never switched on and so she never even asked man soo basic questions like who is this mysterious grandfather, who were his parents, where is his family etc... whereas, kyung in is naturally curious and already is shaking her head that man soo has so many secrets and so will definitely start asking questions as she won't be able to help herself. man soo is also in a position where he needs to talk to someone and so he will naturally start talking once he finds her trustworthy. should be fun to watch...she is already impressed that he is organized and professional unlike her previous bosses.

as for song ah, what struck me was how she gets rattled that grandpa is supporting eun ji -- from her perspective, she can see how eun ji is financially a better catch. so if dong joo has support of grandpa, then it means that dong joo has career opportunities to move up the financial ladder and become part of a rich family. so she feels like she can't compete and especially with her last marriage, that was something drilled into her. never mind the heart but without money, you are not going to be respected. so I can see how song ah would be quick to give up because that is her reality -- people without money or position are not necessarily going to win. only with dong joo fighting for her and actually telling eun ji and chairman will convince her that there's long term potential to this match. otherwise, her attitude is why start something if you are going to get hurt later?

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:
6 hours ago, msmy said:

Hahaha, everyone is abandoning shady mom now. And Jenny is gaining power!

it is interesting to see the power of finances. by moving everything to her name, man soo has guaranteed that jenny has independent finances on her own and can afford to take decisions on her own. shady mom basically killed the golden goose by cutting off man soo. hahahah.. jenny also feels like she has to be financially prudent and be careful so that she return to man soo what is due. however, keeping important files in the drawer is hardly wise. we all know that shady mom will rummage through her shelves once she is well. <_<

Archived