[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

47 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@Jamie Hartford welcome :) I remember seeing you in another thread. Was it "my only one"??

I am glad your are shipping Dong Joo and Song Ah, they are the only happy couple now. I really wish for more detective work from Gangnam Sherlock, Dong Joo's friend :) he is funny and I like him very much :D  , he will make a good couple with Kyung In :D 

I am three episodes behind already, because I don't like surprises, I read your comments mainly, and decide whether to watch or not, because I don't like the turn of events.

Haha, it is really nice to see you here!  Yes, you remember me correctly!  I loved "My Only One" and now I am trying to find another drama to watch!  Then I happen to see this one because my favorite actress, An Yun Hung is lead in this drama!  I think she is really cute and adorable!  This is her first drama as leading character!  I hope we will have a lot of interactions going on here!! 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've complained earlier about this writer not being a very good storyteller, and the introduction of new characters doesn't help any.  Now enter "Lucky" who is the money guy for Man Soo's  evil  deeds and who is now known to Dong Soo and Kyung Soo.  The preview shows DS confronting Man Soo about  "Lucky" and MS acting shocked before he gains composure.  MS had told "Lucky" to lay low for awhile.

The wedding is supposed to be in a month,  so I hope more stuff comes out to make both Jenny and ES leery of both shady Mom and Man Soo.  Fortunately Chairman Oh is giving ES a month long break from dating and the pressure of meeting potential partners.

Funny that we're almost at episode 50 and there is not official "Mother-in-law " yet.  I notice on another site that this has been extended to 123 episodes.  :crazy:

21 minutes ago, msmy said:

I notice on another site that this has been extended to 123 episodes.

It may or may not. It depends on the number of preemptions for news or sporting events coverage before we get to 120. These SBS dailys always have at least 120 episodes and always end on a Friday. So yes. Right now it would have 123 episodes to end on a Friday. We have to wait and see if more episodes get preempted between now and then.

8 hours ago, msmy said:

Funny that we're almost at episode 50 and there is not official "Mother-in-law " yet.  I notice on another site that this has been extended to 123 episodes.  :crazy:

I  think the mom in law means the supposed  relationship between Mansu and Mrs Wang,  because he considers her so temporarily, and she also considers him son-in-law 

Okay, eunji was waaaaaaay out of line today!  that was creepy stalker behavior! All around!

And once again, Gramps was playing favorites.  So what if the daughter and other grandson had drunk half already?  It's because he's always counting that they learnt to be sneaky and greedy.  He should have generously given to his daughter too and all drunk that ridiculous snail extract together as a family so she didn't feel discriminated against and like she had to sneak around.

And Mansoo really couldn't say no to staying in the house?  He's said no before.  All he has to do is say, sorry, got work.

50 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Okay, eunji was waaaaaaay out of line today!  that was creepy stalker behavior! All around!

I haven't seen the episode yet but it's partially on DJ too. He just needs to tell the girl ain't nothing going to happen between them.

I don't get why so many commenters here are liking MS. He's suspected of ordering the murder of the detective investigating the Black Rose case in Hong Kong. He's manipulative and taking pleasure in forcing Jenny to accept him. What is it people like about this gaslighting, murder-by-hire guy? Is it just because his suits fit better than ES's? Or he played guitar that one time when he was reminiscing on his deluded obsessive love?

Weird

4 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I haven't seen the episode yet but it's partially on DJ too. He just needs to tell the girl ain't nothing going to happen between them.

Yeah, DJ needs to be a lot more assertive and tell her No. If he can't and continues to pull that oblivious "what's happening " face, then I really wish SA would find a new love interest as this guys too  stupid to be with such a nice lady.

13 minutes ago, Bejaffled said:

I don't get why so many commenters here are liking MS. He's suspected of ordering the murder of the detective investigating the Black Rose case in Hong Kong. He's manipulative and taking pleasure in forcing Jenny to accept him. What is it people like about this gaslighting, murder-by-hire guy? Is it just because his suits fit better than ES's? Or he played guitar that one time when he was reminiscing on his deluded obsessive love?

Weird

I'm with ya. Can't stand the dude. I could understand if there was mutual affection between him and Jenny of trying to marry her to get next to Shady Mom. However, once he realized Jenny loathes him, he should have altered his plan and found another way.

Welcome to the thread BTW.

21 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I'm with ya. Can't stand the dude. I could understand if there was mutual affection between him and Jenny of trying to marry her to get next to Shady Mom. However, once he realized Jenny loathes him, he should have altered his plan and found another way.

Welcome to the thread BTW.

Thankyou for the welcome, we can loathe MS together 

Episode 47 is pretty much another "fluff" episode with no real movement.  I skipped most of it as I've totally lost interest in Young Man, his sister, and mother.  As expected, MS claimed he didn't know who "Lucky" was, and DJ, our #1 detective is baffled.  Imagine that.<_<

MS better kick it up a notch if he's getting uncomfortable with shady Mom's arrangement that he stay there with them.  I'm sure he has a comfortable suite somewhere in his hotel, so maybe it's time to start putting the squeeze on shady Mom and make her squirm by dropping a few more hints about her past.

The actor playing Mansoo is handsome,  that's why girls defend him lol 

I can't help saying that the actor is good-looking :mrgreen:

apart from  that, there is an unwritten law in kdrama that there must be second lead who separates  the OTP ,  so even if he is not a villain, he will still be hated by viewers.

I don't take the drama seriously anymore, I hope for some funny gifs by some viewers because really things are soooooo slow

5 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

Yeah, DJ needs to be a lot more assertive and tell her No. If he can't and continues to pull that oblivious "what's happening " face, then I really wish SA would find a new love interest as this guys too  stupid to be with such a nice lady.

That is very true.  He has not actually told EJ that he is not now nor never will be interested in her and that she is to stop bothering him.

@Bejaffled We like MS for the reasons you said.  We know it's creepy that he won't give up on a stupid, flat doll who blatantly doesn't like him, and we don't get his obsession either, since he can always find other ways to avenge his dad, but a story has to move forward. In the meantime, his suits fit, he sings well, and he has a smile to die for.:tounge_wink:  

The hugging scene comes at the end of the episode and is another "imagined"  gesture;  the real scenario is just a handshake.  ES's aunt feels compelled to tattle on MS and Jenny about them being at the house of Ji Hwa Ja.  Preview shows shady Mom running over and confronting JHJ... of course.

11 minutes ago, msmy said:

The hugging scene comes at the end of the episode and is another "imagined"  gesture;  the real scenario is just a handshake.  ES's aunt feels compelled to tattle on MS and Jenny about them being at the house of Ji Hwa Ja.  Preview shows shady Mom running over and confronting JHJ... of course.

Yeah I grow tired of the same scenes over and over now they are already played out

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/suspicious-mother-in-law-e48.html

56 minutes ago, msmy said:

I wonder why ES’s aunt is so desperate to tattle when ES isn’t even there? Oh, as I was typing this, I realized she would want to create trouble for SA and Miss Ji. And that was probably EJ’s intention too.  How tiresome of them both. I hope Dong Joo tells EJ no firmly and clearly so she stops obsessing, and that her grandpa also puts an end to this nonsense of hers, because I want her to go back to being funny.

10 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

apart from  that, there is an unwritten law in kdrama that there must be second lead who separates  the OTP

There are exceptions. My favorite KDrama of all time did not have this. For sure there were characters who tried to separate the OTP but they couldn't. However, the OTP's relationship developed sloooooowly over the drama's run. It was not a love at first site kind of thing. 

I don't like MS but I couldn't get myself hating him either.
Im rooting for him succeed revenge against shady mom.
I hate Eunji nowadays, because i think DJ did show disinterest in her,
and imo she is not that dense to not understand that DJ doesn't interested in her at all.
She should stop trying. Is it because she is overconfident with herself?

Archived