[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@msmy thanks for the summaries you’ve been providing.

@rolisrntex Jenny’s real mom highlights the problem about Jenny. She has no agency as a character and is just like a prop for her shady mother and so-called fiancé to manipulate like a puppet. I have little patience for that kind of nonsense especially when grown adults allow others to run their lives. 

1 hour ago, 0ly40 said:

I hope they don't get married. Jebal.

There won't be hope for Jenny and Eun Suk's love.

eun seok already seems to be losing the thin thread of patience and understanding he has. so after major kissing, she turns around and slaps him when man su showed up. eun seok just was stunned by the abrupt change and said that if jenny leaves with man su, it really is the end. so rather than the marriage, it is jenny's inability to choose him that is going to cause a real split. eun seok is the type of person who sticks to his decisions and so would expect someone he loves to do also the same...

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Jenny’s real mom highlights the problem about Jenny. She has no agency as a character and is just like a prop for her shady mother and so-called fiancé to manipulate like a puppet. I have little patience for that kind of nonsense especially when grown adults allow others to run their lives. 

that is the reason the drama actually feel angst free to watch. hahahha.... just can't get behind feeling sorry for jenny. she still acts like a bit of a teenager. everyone else around her is really getting irritated and fighting for her in a way but she is still quite passive.

1 hour ago, 0ly40 said:

I hope they don't get married. Jebal.

There won't be hope for Jenny and Eun Suk's love.

I'm sure they won't.  I somehow think the grandfather - @Lmangla do you also think he is a mob boss? - will make a trip to Switzerland and will stop the actual marriage from taking place.  

Man Soo did not believe that act from jenny and ES at the end!  And that scene where Ji was beating up Young Man, well, she is so annoying, I felt for Youngman, sorry folks.  Miss Ji is too sanctimonious for my liking, even though I've found YM rather icky, though funny.  

@Lmangla, I think ES will go crazy for his work and will try to take revenge against Man Soo and Jenny now via business.  

@msmy  In your summary, didn't you mean YM, not MS in the Miss Ji and Kyung In stories?

7 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

the grandfather - @Lmangla do you also think he is a mob boss? - will make a trip to Switzerland and will stop the actual marriage from taking place.

was wondering if there is actually a mysterious grandfather for man soo or whether it is a cooked up story on man soo's end or a made up story from shady mom to man soo seem more glamourous...... but if he is real, then am guessing that he will also be in on the revenge plan against shady mom?

it seems she won't get married to Man soo, because in the preview, she stopped midway from reciting the marriage vows. but still we have sooooooo many episodes. I don't know how they will fill them? so some suggestions:

1- we have Dong Joo looking for the black rose

2- Song Ah and Dong Joo romance, and the expected interference of Eun Ji to stop it

3- Mrs Choi learning about Jenny being her lost daughter

4- Man Soo's revenge against his mom

will Man soo play any role in revealing Jenny's true identity?? 

as for the Eun Suk and Jenny romance, they will be united in episode 120 or something :D :D 

For some suspense, they might have some romantic moments, so the writer can have higher ratings for watching like today's scene :D this is really so hilarious, that writers always resort to kiss scenes when they feel the viewers are about to stop watching :D I saw this happen many times :D :D 

@tulip06... oops!  Correction has been made.... thanks.

I feel sure that MS's first move was to plant the seed that Jenny is the daughter of Ji Hwa Ja, so shady Mom is ready to check that out and confirm it, which is making her edgy.    It seems that the second seed has been planted in the revelation that MS was raised by a grandfather, but is temporarily in Switzerland.  When he returns and meets shady Mom, will it be a real grandfather.... that is, possibly MS's dad's father?  That will make her squirm a little more as she learns more about the grandfather.

Jenny drops a bomb at the engagement party.

Spoiler

My live feed was sketchy but we did catch her saying during the vow (with the press there) that she is getting engaged to Ahn Man Soo but her heart will always belong to Oh Eun Sook

41 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Jenny drops a bomb at the engagement party.

Hide contents

My live feed was sketchy but we did catch her saying during the vow (with the press there) that she is getting engaged to Ahn Man Soo but her heart will always belong to Oh Eun Sook

Ouch that got to hurt lolololo

So, one thing I suspected but realized today: grandpa plays blatant favorites, and then complains when the hurt kids become petty and mean and then plays favorites all over again. He was taking ES out, YM wanted to go as well, and instead of saying straight, no, we are going to ES’s dad’s grave, another time, he snarled at YM, which is something he probably did all along, before the SA situation, based on his favoring his son over his daughter with his affection.

Eunji somehow skipped all this craziness just by being the cute baby of the bunch, and those people always miss family politics by raising themselves somehow. Everyone probably forgot her until she toddled into grandpa’s study and sucked her pacifier at him and he was all, my baby, and, ES played with her while YM and his mom used him as a babysitter to lower his grades, and that’s how she ended up straddling both families.

how do you all like my EJ baby backstory? :blush:

Yes @tulip06 I agree, the grandpa favoring his son over his daughter caused jeolousy and hatred between family members :(  it is totally wrong Also comparing between his grandsons is very foolish, as one of them can be skillful in sth even if he is less intelligent as in case of Young man, the spoilt useless guy with low IQ 

I am starting to think Ahn Man Soo has no real intention of marrying Jenny. He is just using her as a pawn in his little chess match.He never told her that he is in love with her. Just that he likes her. Also, when she was drunk and placed the engagement ring on her finger he asked her, " Trust me just this once."

I mean really who wants to really marry someone who hates your guts? I mean she flat out loathes the guy. Now maybe he is hoping that once Wang Soo Jin get exposed, Jenny will start to like him out of gratitude, but that is a mighty big hope to stake your future on.

I agree with what someone said earlier. Man Soo and Eun Ji are a much better match. I don't know why I like her character so much. She just cracks me up during her scenes.

The fun begins now, doesn't it?  I agree that Man Soo never really wanted to marry Jenny, that this was just a way to carry out his revenge by being closer to shady Mom.  I expect this to move along now during the engagement period, and no wedding will happen very soon.

This episode (43) had a bit of everything.  I'm loving how Song Ah's mother is not mincing any words toward the bullies that push her buttons.  It's so refreshing to see some push back, and her words make total sense.  She's suffered enough indignities to warrant some potshots of her own at the people who have wronged her.  And the scenes with Song Ah and Dong Joo... so cute and funny.  The background music sounds like an old Doris Day rom-com of the 1950's!

The scene at the cemetery with ES and his grandfather was touching.  Grandpa knows that ES is suffering, but he must keep the tough guy persona and be firm.  ES is still the future of the company and the bond is strong.

That preview is awesome....... Man Soo is looking at the picture of a young Ji Hwa Ja and her young daughters and saying, " I got engaged... she's Jenny, Wang Soo Jin's daughter."   Is he talking to his dead father?  How would he get a picture like that?

And the blurb with shady Mom shows the confirmation that Jenny is the daughter of Ji Hwa Ja through a DNA test, so she remarks, "It all began with that text, I must find out who sent it."   Interesting times ahead!  ;)

10 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So, one thing I suspected but realized today: grandpa plays blatant favorites, and then complains when the hurt kids become petty and mean and then plays favorites all over again

I think they have earned grandpa’s disdain over they way they treated Song Ah, shipped her child off to boarding school only to die in a tragic accident. Also, the way they continue to treat Song Ah and her mother even after the divorce. They were not nice people to begin with and Grandpa sees right through them. They are only getting the treatment they deserve.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:38 PM, rolisrntex said:

I am starting to think Ahn Man Soo has no real intention of marrying Jenny. He is just using her as a pawn in his little chess match.He never told her that he is in love with her

But in earlier episodes, when he was singing and playing guitar, he told himself he loves Jenny, and that he is afraid this love complicates his revenge scheme. I think he is trying to let his mind control his heart

I agree with you that Young man and his mom are so evil. But still, in most Korean drama, we find the parent favoring one child over the other, even from the start, usually because the child is not smart. This was the case in Sunny Again tomorrow. But it is not an excuse for evil deeds all the same

On 7/18/2019 at 11:41 AM, tulip06 said:

And that scene where Ji was beating up Young Man, well, she is so annoying, I felt for Youngman, sorry folks.  Miss Ji is too sanctimonious for my liking, even though I've found YM rather icky, though funny.  

hate Young Man so much! He's such a d**k! And his mother is worse! He deserved it.

Archived