[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

Just wonder if the marriage of jenyn and man soo will really take place, a priori nothing can prevent even if EK wants revenge. But if the wedding takes place,  is man soo  going to ask jenny to go to bed with her? weird

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@msmy This writer is terrible, frankly. It doesn't take much budget to write a good story and good dialogue. The writers for Happy Sisters and the that daily where the chef went to prison for a murder she didn't commit did a much better job. 

@marrez1 they are doing an engagement ceremony and no, I'm sure Eunseuk will interrupt, hang the consequences et cetera et cetera! ROLMAO

the drama is very very good, I like it, I think perhaps Man soo will help jenny reunite with her real family?? 

he wants revenge against his mom, and he didn't mind Jenny staying in Song Ah's house. So I think he might try to win jenny over by helping her. he just wants to separate her from Eun Suk, like he said before

Just now, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Good news eunsuk tells wang " jenny ssi chincha omma". He is asking her if she's Jenny real mom

I'm not sure if that is just a teaser because he suspects something, or is it just questioning why a mother would treat her own flesh and blood so badly?  Shady Mom seems to be taken aback at his accusation, but more than likely she'll weasel out of it as usual.

Man Soo is pretty ripped by Song Ah's mother at  the lunch with the four of them, ( Jenny, Man Soo, Song Ah, and Mom) but later he wines, dines, and serenades Jenny, then puts a diamond on her finger.  Eun Suk runs around like a crazed, rejected fiance,  and  gets nowhere.  Preview shows guests waiting for Jenny, and ES trying to get her out of there.

21 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Just wonder if the marriage of jenyn and man soo will really take place,

3 hours ago, msmy said:

but later he wines, dines, and serenades Jenny, then puts a diamond on her finger.

Man Soo has his agenda and he will not be deterred from it. I guess since he now has Jenny (against her will mind you) he is going to try and win her over. It probably won't work. If the marriage does take I believe she will turn into a shrew he wishes he never met much less force her to marry him. 

We are now about a 1/3 of the way through and there are lot of episode yet to fill. In this stage of these dramas I have to remind myself that we will get the happy ending we all want. ES and Jenny will end up together we just have to put up with the characters shenanigans until then. Therefore, I'm betting the Man Soo/Jenny wedding will not take place.

As a matter of fact, Man Soo went out of his way to invite Song Ah and Ji Wah to the engagement party. Something tells me he has something planned to start exposing Shady mom at that event.

awww... did anyone else feel bad that grandpa started crying out of frustration -- he really does not like jenny and thinks his grandson has absolutely lost it. to make it worse, he has to consider yong man as a possible heir because eun seok is not in his frame of mind. from grandpa's point of view, it must feel like jenny is a bit of a flake?

3 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Man Soo has his agenda and he will not be deterred from it. I guess since he now has Jenny (against her will mind you) he is going to try and win her over.

man soo is such an intriguing second lead -- he is not happy hurting jenny and she herself knows that he is not so despicable that he will tell on the lunch to shady mom. he comes across as kind of lonely because he can't share his game plans with anyone. had to laugh when he told yong man not to be childish after yong man gave him a list of eun seok's weaknesses.

7 hours ago, msmy said:

later he wines, dines, and serenades Jenny, then puts a diamond on her finger.

it was such a weird proposal song choice -- he essentially sings the song of a second lead where the gist of the song is why am I invisible to you. the actor has a good voice.

eun seok needs to get out of his saviour complex. eun ji for a change wasn't that annoying. her bright perky comments sort of livened up the interactions with eun seok... and had to laugh when dong joo shuddered at song ah's suggestion that eun ji had a crush on him. hahahaha...

don't think the wedding will actually happen but we have so many more episodes more to go. so maybe they will get married but live separate lives in the same house? what do folks think? wedding or no wedding?

@Lmangla I don’t think there will be a wedding. I think that even the engagement ceremony will be interrupted based on the preview. And that was a beautiful song that AMS sang! Any way we can get a clip of just the song? Yes, it was the Ballad of the Second Lead. 

Eun Ji was an absolute delight. I always enjoy her scenes on screen. She is like the joker in a king’s court who has to say everything straight but funny so everyone’s foibles are exposed.  But I wish she would get over her crush on Dong Joo and move on to a crush on Man Soo, who is way more deserving, and someone she could reasonably end up with. 

41 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

But I wish she would get over her crush on Dong Joo and move on to a crush on Man Soo, who is way more deserving, and someone she could reasonably end up with. 

have they met? I skipped a few episodes in between...

42 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I don’t think there will be a wedding. I think that even the engagement ceremony will be interrupted based on the preview

am hoping it is some dream sequence. feel like eun seok also needs to grow up a bit. :sweatingbullets:

48 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

@Lmangla No, Eunji and MS haven't met, but they should, even if just to have her date someone more age appropriate.

actually can see them being a cute couple. she would yakk away and he would listen indulgently with a smile. hahahaha... ^_^

I think Man Soo has started to make his moves, since shady Mom was pretty upset when Song Ah and her mother were on the guest list for the engagement event.  Eun Ji, her mother, and Young Man were also there which made for a few sparks, but Ji Hwa Ja got in some pretty good licks on her ex son-in-law.  Ji Hwa Ja has a lot of pent up anger towards all of them, and beat up on YM  pretty good.  Kyung In was invited as photographer, and got in some pretty good jabs herself towards YM.... she has no fear and can really put him in his place.

ES managed to get to Jenny and they embraced, kissed passionately, and they are still committed to each other.  When Man Soo walked in, Jenny turned instantly into the opposite mode, and chastised ES so security had to be called.  It was all an act, I'm sure, but ES had his heart ripped out.  Jenny walked out with MS as if she really was going through with this, and the preview shows them exchanging vows.  I'm still guessing that she will not marry MS.

4 hours ago, msmy said:

I think Man Soo has started to make his moves, since shady Mom was pretty upset when Song Ah and her mother were on the guest list for the engagement event.

It looks like his strategy for taking down Shady Mom is going to be death by a 1000 paper cuts. He is going to bleed her slowly. However, Ji Hwa was correct in her dressing down of him when she told him that Jenny is not an object or possession. 

Archived