[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

haven't watched the episodes yet but am leaning towards @calledtoteach interpretation @tulip06; we all know that dong joo is going to end up with song ah which means that for all practical purposes, song ah will in sense adopt ma eum as she raises the child. ma eum is already seeing song ah and her mom as kind of parental/grandparent figure. so if the writer had this biased kind of thinking against non-bio parents, then even song ah would not be a good mom candidate.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LmanglaFor some reason, there is an exception in Kdrama for saintly stepmoms.  Also, they made enough of the families matching in this show and how Dong Joo and Song Ah's tragedies fit like jigsaw puzzle pieces (omo, they even do jigsaw puzzles in the show!) just to show that there will be no clash with Ma Eum and Song Ah. 

Eun Ji on the other hand...

I'm quickly losing interest at this point because we've moved into the "Meh" section.  Young Man, his mother and sister are tiresome and I am just skipping those parts.  It'll be awhile before we get back to the real story here while the writer spends 20 episodes to set the scene.  Pretty boring.  :angry:

@msmy Young man and family are the ones keeping me in right now. I am skipping Ms Ji because enough with her tears and whining. 

I am not sure why I am really watching. I think it is for Man Soo 's story. Preview shows Jenny being a rotten little dummy again. She should know by now MS isn't after her body.

Oh Ae-Ri and her son Kim Young-Man are the perfect mother son team in the most devilish manner. They rejoice over other people misfortune and they wish more misfortune upon others just so both of them are happy. They enjoying watching Oh Eun-Suk in trouble.  Now am hoping for a beautiful conclusion where both mother son team will be permanently kicked out of father/grandpa Oh Da-Jin home, company and all.  Already the mother and son team has been asked to leave the home.  Her daughter Kim Eun-Ji is of no difference from her mother and brother for whatever she does wrong she tells herself it is alright and she did not do any wrong.  Am wondering where is the husband of Oh Ae-Ri / father of Young Man and Eun Ji...

Wang Soo-Jin and Ahn Man-Soo are another perfect team ... the so-call mother in law son in law team.  No wonder they click so well with the devilish mother son team. 

Ahn Man-Soo is out to destroy someone here and I am wondering who it is he is destroying... Wang Soo-Jin or Choi Song-A... So far i am guessing Man-Soo is the one behind the creepy phone call with photo msg of Choi Song-A to Wang Soo-Jin which is making Wang Soo-Jin freaking out.  As clear as can be... Wang Soo-Jin kidnap Jenny when Jenny was a child and that's the reason WSJ do not want Jenny to be in Korea in any manner if possible.  

Oh Da-Jin is chasing after Black Rose and Black Rose is likening to be the one who kill Oh Eun-Suk parents...

Question : Who is Black Rose?
Is it Wang Soo-Jin or could it be Ahn Man-Soo

So the whole point of the last episode was for all of the shady characters in it to do victory laps. Another filler episode. 

Jenny does have a card to play against WSJ and AMS. Tell them the minute ES goes to prison neither one of them will ever see her again and then skip town.

Also, If I'm ES the minute his grand father sends an attorney I would tell them to get lost.

Neither will happen of course because leads are always weak until the end in KDrama.

It is so touching, mother - daughter scenes. I hope we have more.

@jojoanna the shady mom is the black rose for sure, because she was the reason for EK's dad death,  which means that Man soo was just a little child then :) (he is Mrs Wang's son)

I have a bad feeling that Jenny accepts Man soo proposal ring to save EK :(

On 7/5/2019 at 3:15 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Wow hello chingu. Glad to see you here. I like the same characters you mentioned. I will add two. Eun suk's grandfather and Jenny's sister. And oh Dong joo's daughter too

Hello :heart:

I really like this drama, it's refreshing and kinda unique

In a nutshell.... Jenny comes out swinging, but is no match for her crooked mother.  The breakup occurs, she agrees to marry Man Soo, and Eun Suk gets out of jail.  Who knows what little tidbit may trickle out before the wedding?  It's all part of Man Soo's plan, so let's see what he has in mind.

9 hours ago, msmy said:

In a nutshell.... Jenny comes out swinging, but is no match for her crooked mother.  The breakup occurs, she agrees to marry Man Soo, and Eun Suk gets out of jail.  Who knows what little tidbit may trickle out before the wedding?  It's all part of Man Soo's plan, so let's see what he has in mind.

it felt like finally jenny grew up a little and was realizing her actions have consequences. so it is a bit of welcome change that she is no longer in lala land. however, wish that she would stop dumping all her anger on man soo. does she not see shady mom's hand?

I don't mind this temporary separation between Jenny and Eunsuk, it is expected. But I feel so sorry for Eunsuk, even more than Jenny. Jenny has been controlled by other for too long, so it is not new :D but for Eunsuk, I feel so sorry for him, he is totally heartbroken, and the look of agony on his face makes me so sad for him.

let's hope we have another happy couple: Song Ah and Dong joo, to make it up for us as viewers. I just hope there will be some scenes between Jenny and her real mom. Also I am looking forward to Man Soo's revenge against his mom :) 

the most hated character for me is Young man's mother. I detest her, even more than the shady mom.

41 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

let's hope we have another happy couple: Song Ah and Dong joo, to make it up for us as viewers. I just hope there will be some scenes between Jenny and her real mom. Also I am looking forward to Man Soo's revenge against his mom :) 

was hoping to see jenny fight against shady mom. the woman openly says that she will admit jenny to a psych facility as punishment and jenny just stands there. face palm.

41 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I don't mind this temporary separation between Jenny and Eunsuk, it is expected. But I feel so sorry for Eunsuk, even more than Jenny. Jenny has been controlled by other for too long, so it is not new :D but for Eunsuk, I feel so sorry for him, he is totally heartbroken, and the look of agony on his face makes me so sad for him.

yea it was expected that jenny would cave. actually it would be fun to see eun soek even reject jenny when she comes back as she didn't fight for their love. hoping to see a kicking eun seok.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, tulip06 said:

Preview shows Jenny being a rotten little dummy again. She should know by now MS isn't after her body.

exactly. if he really wanted her, he would have gotten married to her any time during the 10 years. he has never made a move on her. eye roll.

I like the actor playing Man Soo :) another Namjun :D :D :D :D  But I won't defend him :D can't risk your disagreement with me :D 

Man Soo is interesting. but not my favourite, my favourite is Dong Joo :) also I admire the actress playing Song Ah's mom, she reminds me of her role in Sunny Again Tomorrow, Another favourites for me are Dong Joo's sister and  Dong Joo's detective friend, he will make a good couple with Kyung In, Dong joo's sis :D I hope they get engaged :) 

On 7/14/2019 at 5:15 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@jojoanna the shady mom is the black rose for sure, because she was the reason for EK's dad death,  which means that Man soo was just a little child then :) (he is Mrs Wang's son)

I have a bad feeling that Jenny accepts Man soo proposal ring to save EK :(

Man Soo is Mrs Wang's son...that will be super interesting to watch the wedding of Man Soo and Jenny... 
If Man Soo knows he is Mrs Wang's son and thinks Jenny is really Mrs Wang's daughter...then the wedding should not take place at all as they would be considered half-siblings. Unless he already knows Jenny is not his half sister nor Mrs Wang's daughter then the wedding goes on.

Curious...did i miss something that confirms Mrs Wang is black rose and reason for EK's dad death? Where is EK's mom?  Tempted to rewatch but just do not want to rewatch the devilish works of Mrs Wang or the other 2 i.e. mother Oh and son Kim 

Series is going far too slow...too short per episode as well.

I skipped episodes 38-39, and now 40.  It's just another "set-up" for the next several episodes.  Jenny actually "signed off" on a paper to her mother with the lawyer present... I suppose her commitment to the marriage.  ES is back at the office, super mad and ready for revenge.

@jojoanna....Man Soo knows the whole sordid mess of shady Mom and her history.  He was the one sending the pictures of Song Ah to shady Mom to spook her out, and knows that Jenny was abducted and raised by shady Mom.  The things we're pretty sure of (Man Soo being the son of shady Mom, and her killing ES's dad) were never spelled out clearly by this writer, i.e, no flashbacks, conversations, dreams, or thought bubbles to explain it all.  We don't know how MS was raised and by whom, or how he would ever know the things he does since he was a little kid when some gangsters killed his father when they asked about Black Rose.   This writer is not a very good storyteller, and though I realize this is a low budget drama, the audience is left in the dark about the circumstances that brought Man Soo this far.

6 hours ago, jojoanna said:

If Man Soo knows he is Mrs Wang's son and thinks Jenny is really Mrs Wang's daughter...then the wedding should not take place at all as they would be considered half-siblings. Unless he already knows Jenny is not his half sister nor Mrs Wang's daughter then the wedding goes on.

Mansoo knows that Jenny isn't  Mrs wang daughter, that's why he sent photos of song ah to her. He  wants to give her a hard time, because he knows that Jenny is song ah's sister 

@msmy I think this part of the suspense, mansoo's past will be revealed gradually, but it quite clear he is her son,from the flashback 

Archived