[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, msmy said:

I find Young Man's character very odd, since he is portrayed more like an immature college kid than a man who was married , divorced, and had a child that died.   Those kind of  life experiences should have some impact on his maturity as a person, but those factors are ignored by the writer

I agree.. he's so immature. I can't believe he is someone that once become a dad.. he never think of his late child?

Somehow, I like to see scenes when Eun Seok talk to Eun Ji, (even in a scene when he said "I'm going to CEO's office")

he sounds so gakkoi, cool, manly, and sometimes treat Eun Ji like a princess even though he knew that Eun Ji is spying for her mother.

6 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

I agree.. he's so immature. I can't believe he is someone that once become a dad.. he never think of his late child?

Somehow, I like to see scenes when Eun Seok talk to Eun Ji, (even in a scene when he said "I'm going to CEO's office")

he sounds so gakkoi, cool, manly, and sometimes treat Eun Ji like a princess even though he knew that Eun Ji is spying for her mother.

Eun Ji is a Princess. I bet the grandad will try to marry her off to Man Soo.

i am only halfway through this episode because I have to go to an appointment, but honestly, I had mixed Mansoo feelings (actor is so good, and I hope to see more of him, does anyone have his Instagram?). He was in pain seeing Jenny’s pain but he knew that was her real mom and sister that she was losing a second time!

@tulip06 ~ it looks like man soo is a relative new actor in that he doesn't have much tv or movie credits. he only has one movie credit and this seems to be his first tv drama according to uncle google. one site notes him as musical actor, so maybe he was more active on the theatre scene?

10 hours ago, tarjig said:

OMG! I love Dongjoo!!! It was such a satisfying scene.  All i can say is Song ah finally knows what a real man is like.  Lol

it was hilarious. she was really swooning and grinning. I was wondering why that whitney houston song was popping up and then I realized bodyguard - so dong joo is her bodyguard. LOL. and yong man misinterpreted and thinks song ah is living with dong joo. LOL. and neither of them bothered to clear that confusion. hahahah...

now that kyung in knows who yong man is and dong joo has banned her from going back, guess, there is no room for love connection there? phew

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Eun Ji is a Princess. I bet the grandad will try to marry her off to Man Soo.

going to laugh so hard if that happens. can you imagine the chaos around the poor fella? it will be fun to watch. :D

17 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Is she trying to commit suicide?

it was more like she was having those kind of thoughts that it would be better to end it but she told man soo that she decided that she wants to live and do what she wants. don't know why she keeps telling him things instead of the actual person who has imprisoned her -- shady mom. :huh:

10 hours ago, tarjig said:

OMG! I love Dongjoo!!! It was such a satisfying scene.  All i can say is Song ah finally knows what a real man is like.  Lol

LOL Did you notice how quickly Song Ah ran and got behind Dong Joo when he showed up? Cracked me up.

Such a funny episode.... and after Young Man was whooped, did you notice he threatened Dong Joo with something about what his Mother would do?  What a wuss.

Evidently Man Soo is going to spring into action to stop any plans  taken by Eun Suk.  I'm not sure if ES is smart enough to anticipate what obstacles he might face and be able to ward them off to frustrate Man Soo.  That would be hilarious if ES had a team ready to thwart Man Soo's goons and pull off a wedding.  Let's face it... the mother-in-law part has to start pretty soon anyway.  <_<

28 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Why does MS want revenge?

We are guessing that MS is shady Mom's son, unbeknownst to her.  A  very young boy witnessed his father being murdered by some men that were looking for "The Black Rose" (shady Mom).  So few details have been given by this writer that we don't know how MS ever tracked down Shady Mom in Japan and schemed to become the "fiancee" of Jenny to get close to shady Mom.  It's pretty much speculation on our part that MS is bitter about  being rejected by his mother and left an orphan after his father was killed.

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@tulip06 ~ it looks like man soo is a relative new actor in that he doesn't have much tv or movie credits. he only has one movie credit and this seems to be his first tv drama according to uncle google. one site notes him as musical actor, so maybe he was more active on the theatre scene?

No wonder he acts well.  I find musical actors have a lot of depth.  Korea takes its musicals very seriously, and all the idols who do musicals get better training there than they do for their groups and dramas. 

So, I finished the episode, and I think that the couple will have a few more obstacles to their wedding, but why they are hung up on having a wedding when they could just register their marriage is beyond me.  Grandpa is hardly going to dump ES.

18 minutes ago, msmy said:

We are guessing that MS is shady Mom's son, unbeknownst to her.  A  very young boy witnessed his father being murdered by some men that were looking for "The Black Rose" (shady Mom).  So few details have been given by this writer that we don't know how MS ever tracked down Shady Mom in Japan and schemed to become the "fiancee" of Jenny to get close to shady Mom.  It's pretty much speculation on our part that MS is bitter about  being rejected by his mother and left an orphan after his father was killed.

The Black Rose? Is the mom... A gangster or a mafia boss or something?

On 6/19/2019 at 10:58 PM, chococarmela said:

I love it! I like the reporter, the delivery man, Jenny, ES, and SA mother. The aunt is so annoying. I'm intrigued about the Black Rose case... What is it? @Lmangla

Wow hello chingu. Glad to see you here. I like the same characters you mentioned. I will add two. Eun suk's grandfather and Jenny's sister. And oh Dong joo's daughter too

i like to see MS's reaction when shady mom flipped the table and throw money to Song Ah and her mom. Seems like he is still has heart.. he feels bad for them to get treated that bad by shady mom. and SA's mom acted so well.. and for the first time i love how Jenny cry. i love the whole scene.

and another scene that I love, when YM went to find KI at her house and met SA. imo that scene kinda reveal how SA would actually behave when meeting familiar man, she's so cute... and i hope that scene will break the over-polite-behaviour-barrier between her and DJ.

17 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Man soo wants to avenge the death of his father from his mother, the shady mom, if I guess right,

Reveal hidden contents

I was watching episode 15. Mansoo is a very good singer and plays the guitar too @Lmangla :)

kekeke... man soo is indeed complex but many of us are finding him very intriguing. he is a good actor as he is bringing out a lot of nuances to each scene. so you see lots of layers to his interactions with jenny and shady mom that it makes you curious.. it says in han cinema that he is a musical actor and so maybe thats why he is good singer.

actually all the actors are doing a good job in the roles. even jenny who is really meh for me does not annoy me. the actress is doing a good job in interpreting the character sketch and the character for all her flaws is pretty much on point. am not wanting to whack this lead like I felt with the last drama (which I had to stop watching because I felt like cursing the female lead for her bad behaviour...)... while I like eun seok for his brave, direct and on-point actions, the romance with jenny feels kind of flat. does anyone else feel that way? yea, it is supposed to be love at first sight but there is a lack of spark? rather than cheering for eun seok - jenny, you are instead nodding with grandfather that this is not a good match...

while dong joo and song ah would be super boring in other dramas, they are really great match here as well as fun to watch. there is something soothing about their grounded, mature character. they are content, happy and not craving for romance. so all their interactions are filled with a kind of unexpected joy. it is cute.

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

while dong joo and song ah would be super boring in other dramas, they are really great match here as well as fun to watch. there is something soothing about their grounded, mature character. they are content, happy and not craving for romance. so all their interactions are filled with a kind of unexpected joy. it is cute.

They are my favorite couple. I usually prefer the secondary OTP. Dong joo is manly unlike most of the characters.

Spoiler

He doesn't wear makeup that is why I feel relieved :D I am still not used to guys using lipstick :huh:

19 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the romance with jenny feels kind of flat. does anyone else feel that way? yea, it is supposed to be love at first sight but there is a lack of spark?

agree... sometimes i do asking "do you really in love?" their dates looks boring, and they seems like been talking about shady mom all the times during their dates.. then where is the love? 

Archived