[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

18 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I love it! I like the reporter, the delivery man, Jenny, ES, and SA mother. The aunt is so annoying. I'm intrigued about the Black Rose case... What is it? @Lmangla

they still haven't told us! am assuming that shady mom did a con where she would marry a man, take his money and flee? and maybe the man ended up dead/poisoned/accident or something? at least thats what my imagination is taking me with the name "black rose". :sweatingbullets:

10 hours ago, msmy said:

Jenny arrived at the airport in Korea, escaped the abduction attempt orchestrated by her Mom, and turned away the polite assistant, I think maybe that was sent by Man Soo.  ES helped fight off the bad guys, then Jenny ran and they are separated, so she is on her own.  Shady Mom is super pissed.  :crazy:

was kind of impressed with that polite assistant. he didn't push her to do anything and just walked away. so jenny was both surprised and thankful that it was man soo but firmly said no. so man soo is almost like her guardian angel in some ways?

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

certainly appreciate how smart Kyung In and Eun Seok are because they just met Jenny and having observed the things around the clueless Jenny, they have already drawn pretty accurate conclusions about her and her mom and in a reasonable way too.

wonder why no one else questioned shady mom before? was it just that she was such a terror and so there were just rumours?

I’m so glad that the private investigator will be working with Dong Joo on the Black Rose case. I hope they make good progress over the year.

now that we have the PI on board, maybe we will get more info on what exactly this black rose case is all about.. and yea, it will be interesting to see how the rope tightens around shady mom. since no one knows dong joo's exact job profile, it is probably going to be a huge surprise when they realize what exactly he is doing in the company...

And what’s up with Eun Ji crushing on Dong Joo? :lol: Too funny with the music and dreamlike scene. Young Man and Kyung In’s meeting was amusing. She might end up being the actual boss in their office.

both the meetings were kind of hilarious. it feels like the brother and sister will both develop a respective crush but neither dong joo or kyung in will respond. so it might be more like filler fun? and yea, kyung in was pretty hilarious in the way she worded her demands. too bad he didn't go on assuming that she was married with child. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jenny didn't get caught yet. She didn't came in contact with ES either. Looks like she is trying to avoid him:huh:

The preview looks interesting. Shady lady lands in Korea and she is on ES throat as usual:crazy:. Well, he is not having it either and it looks like he admits to knowing her crimes. Shady lady met her match lol:lol:. As for Jenny, she is stalking ES. Girl, what do you mean it's not time to meet yet? Looks like she is trying to survive on her own which is fine but when you have a lunatic mother who is after you, you need help:crazy:. Looks like she is not gonna learn until shady lady locks her up in mental institution:expressionless:

Another good news is Jenny goes to the market and SI is there. Guess they are gonna meet.

Shady Mom got pictures of Song Ah again, and the narrator said she'd meet her soon.  The voice of the narrator sounded low pitched, like Man Soo's assistant.  I have to admit I skip a lot of the side stories... it seems like Young Man and his mother and sister get an awful lot of face time.  Not sure why that is.  :huh:

20 hours ago, msmy said:

I have to admit I skip a lot of the side stories... it seems like Young Man and his mother and sister get an awful lot of face time.  Not sure why that is.  :huh:

they are filler so we can get to 120 eps? kekeke...  ..

21 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

I hope Jenny walk away from her mom too much time. She doesn't love Jenny.

even her happy memory of jenny is where the girl promised to work hard and make money. LOL. so basically jenny is like a servant taking care when she's sick and being the breadwinner. all about control for shady mom.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, lu09 said:

As for Jenny, she is stalking ES. Girl, what do you mean it's not time to meet yet? Looks like she is trying to survive on her own which is fine but when you have a lunatic mother who is after you, you need help:crazy:. Looks like she is not gonna learn until shady lady locks her up in mental institution:expressionless:

yea, the worst has to happen till jenny believes that shady mom doesn't really love her or have her best interest at heart. so her heart has to really break.

so kyung soo (the name of the private detective) has found some clue that black rose might still be alive. wonder what that is. dong joo looked so shocked. guess he thought the chairman was just a grieving family member unable to let go? so now dong joo and kyung soo will earnestly start investigating. should be interesting to watch...

the OST hasn't been posted yet right?

take a listen:

part 1 -- this is the song when jenny and eun seok miss each other

Spoiler

part 2 - ending song whenever the preview comes out

Spoiler

Lots of fiery discussion in episode 24 between Eun Suk and shady Mom, but he isn't backing down.  Subs should be interesting.  Jenny shops for fabric in the marketplace and meets Song Ah when they both want the same  bolt of green silk.  Jenny convinces SA to let her have it and will make SA a garment, so SA  types in her contact number in Jenny's phone after Jenny takes her measurements.   Not much info has been exchanged yet, but Jenny miraculously puts a garment together with her sewing machine (where did that come from?) no pattern, scissors, and pins.  Wow... what talent. <_<

Man Soo has been tracking Jenny and presents photos to shady Mom in the preview for episode 25.

8 hours ago, msmy said:

but Jenny miraculously puts a garment together with her sewing machine (where did that come from?) no pattern, scissors, and pins.  Wow... what talent. <_<

kekeke.. that was such a funny scene. :D

eun seok was like a fearless lion cub who wasn't bothered one bit by shady mom's threats. she even threatened to off him but he didn't blink. she met her match! she was the one who was flustered.

eun jin has found that where dong joo's office is -- that girl is going to keep popping up now. poor dong joo! how will he manage? ^_^ since song ah mentioned that eun seok needs to hire more designers, wonder if somehow jenny will end up getting recruited under a false name perhaps?

and man soo is still protecting jenny -- he knows exactly where she is and keeping an eye but has no intention of telling shady mom yet. he even offered to pay for any late fees to clients to push shady mom's pestering... but I am wondering about this fella who died in hong kong -- so he was investing black rose and he disappeared? what exactly does shady mom do? does she have some criminal network or something?

According to the preview, we'll be getting a little more of the background story of shady Mom/Black Rose , even though it is just a steady drip, drip.  She's still active bumping off investigators, as the recent case indicates that the body of the investigator was found in Hong Kong.  Evidently Man Soo knows of her network, and told his "guy" to protect Jenny if shady Mom's men find Jenny.  Man Soo may end up being the hero, but I'm afraid he'll be "offed" also by shady Mom who will find out later that she killed her own son.

I still cringe at some of the lack of details in this drama.... people barging into offices, secretaries not announcing guests, and that teal thread on that emerald green fabric.... yuk.  But then, I'm easily disturbed.  :blink:

12 minutes ago, msmy said:

Man Soo may end up being the hero, but I'm afraid he'll be "offed" also by shady Mom who will find out later that she killed her own son.

oh no! hope that doesn't happen. man soo is one of the characters I like in this drama... :wacko:  ... am really crossing my fingers that he gets some happy ending.

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

oh no! hope that doesn't happen. man soo is one of the characters I like in this drama... :wacko:  ... am really crossing my fingers that he gets some happy ending.

I think Man Soo will end up Eun Ji’s love interest. After all DJ is way too old for her, and her grandpa will want a proper business man with money for her. Unless grandpa wants her living at home like grandpas sometimes do.

35 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I think Man Soo will end up Eun Ji’s love interest. After all DJ is way too old for her, and her grandpa will want a proper business man with money for her. Unless grandpa wants her living at home like grandpas sometimes do.

ooh, thats a great idea. she is a silly character but she would liven up someone like man soo. he would find her cute instead of annoying. :D it would be fun if this pairing happens.

was more of a filler episode today. dong joo and eun seok had a nice chat and the fella seemed relieved that he had someone to chat about how weird shady mom is. eun jin hit on dong joo and he looked on her like she was an embarrassing alien. hahahah... he is so going to be avoiding her calls. kyung in's first few days at work are too strange for her and she is stressed out yong man's weird and annoying behaviour. how will the girl survive giving him compliments every day?

Man Soo almost flubbed when he told shady Mom that Jenny is doing fine, and had to stumble around trying to correct himself by telling her he was assuming she was fine.  The preview indicates that the rivalry between Man Soo and Eun Suk is heating up, so I'm beginning to fear for ES's safety.

Song Ah's yellow and white outfit was just beautiful!  Even with her casual ponytail, it's refreshing to see a slim, lovely woman look so elegant.  It really fits her role.  ;)

The meeting between Dong Joo and ES was meaningful in that they exchanged quite a bit of info, especially about Jenny, which should get the ball rolling.  Kyung Soo (detective) should prove valuable in the search for Black Rose.  It appears that Jenny is going to end up at Song Ah's house pretty soon.  Maybe it's a good thing that we're "off" schedule a little (with episodes) so that it happens this week.

5 hours ago, yoyo_icecube said:

i like Man Su's assistant who help Jenny at the airport. i hope he will appear again.

There are often these handsome assistants in these shows and we need to see more of them.

also, based on the preview, Jenny need not act quite so disgusted with Man Soo, I think. So rude. He has helped her regularly! And she’s not all that herself, being quite a dummy. After all, if she had more than two brain cells, she might see that Shady Mom is not likely to stop at just being a “momager.”  Creepy people usually have a network, and that’s the problem Man Soo has been trying to solve, and what he tried to say, that she was not ready to hear the full story, because brainwashed as a box of rocks. 

Archived