[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

Hello to all my female Chingu’s  @dramaninja @nohamahamoud2002 @angelwingssf @O @10192123sangre @Auntie Mame @lu09 @Greta Masalskyte @chococarmela 

How would you feel if a friend ends up marrying someone you like or can’t get over?? For me that would be a real problem. Although YJ appears to be nice. How can she  marry her friend crush or first love. Knowing your friend is in love with a guy and you pursue the man. Isn’t that kinda wrong???? I need your advice Chingu’s.
 Duk Sil is still grieving but O still think her Personality is DISGUSTING and SELFISH.  “ When Duk Sil said no woman would accept that” she fail to realize on the woman who isn’t “

사람의 Saramui would switch the babies. Smh smh. That won would have to be vindictive 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29498ac8b0e696e84f4d

I am disgusted at how she stands by her mom’s decision. She probably thinks it is unfair that she has to pay for her mom sins but I do believe that the universe is entitled to balancing the natural order of the universe. Her won child pay for her mother’s mistake. Once she realizes that CTJ is responsible for her daughter’s death. She will probably be change but I think it will something very drastic for her to let him go. Besides Her crazy moment in episode 86 was chilling. I believe DS and KI will suffer a big grievance before they let go of the people they think made them miserable. Like KI is still pissed off at being used but still hasn’t realized the real reason they wanted JiMin back. He chooses to look at it negatively when it was because they feared for JiMin’s life. 

It is so sad , he is willing to be miserable just to keep Si Wol miserable too. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29498ac8b0e696e84f4d 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297602efb062f9363266

I have no words for JiEun . Sadly, she is still hung up on KII. Even though he isn’t the real grandson, she still felt bad for him. TBH , I felt JiEn would make a better match for him. I don’t know why YooJin came into play and it feels so weird . I would be agreeable if she was in the drama from the beginning. To let her grow on men. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, O said:

No need to feel sorry for MJ.  When Jieun proposed to him, she said it was a way for both of them to get revenge on KI.  She also told KI that her family support will elevate MJ status and KI will be left far behind.  KI was indifferent to what she said.  

Thank you for reminding me. I totally forgot about that. And yes, I should not feel sorry for Park Min Jae because he married her knowing full well she loved/liked Choi Kwang Il and not him. :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

How would you feel if a friend ends up marrying someone you like or can’t get over?? For me that would be a real problem. Although YJ appears to be nice. How can she  marry her friend crush or first love. Knowing your friend is in love with a guy and you pursue the man. Isn’t that kinda wrong???? I need your advice Chingu’s.

I believe I will feel awful, too. I did not want to hurt my bestfriend even though I did consider at one time or another that the guy is handsome and at the time looked like a famous actor during our time. So here's the story....... [I might have misunderstood the situation though hahaha)

When I was in college one of my bestfriend (barkada) had a crush on a guy from another section. One time I attended a party, and another classmate approached me and told me that that guy (she pointed him to me and it turns out he is my bestfriend's crush) wanted me to transfer table and seat beside him. My first thought was he was my friends' crush and so I already had second thoughts. So I told my classmate, why does he not come over and seat on my table? Why should I be the one to transfer table? So nothing happened. The end. :blush:

Anyways, deep inside I did not want to hurt my friends' feelings even though it would have been nice to have that guy for my boyfriend. hahaha. Values and principle before self.:cold_sweat: Regrets.... yes!

Well this is kdrama. So Yoo Jin don't give up! If you can convince Kwang Il to divorce Shi Wol and make him wake up and see the supposed betrayal in another light and that is Ji Min's safety then I hope you succeed!. He may not be forgiving towards Shi Wol but Ji Min has not done anything wrong to him. I hope Kwang Il puts Ji Min's safety first.

10 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

It would be fair retribution for CTJ and MR to live the rest of their sorry lives, without any offspring. And, especially no chief mourner at their funerals.

That is one other punishment.

But Choi Tae Joon is a male. And males can have children even in old age unlike women who after menopause are no longer fertile and capable of having children. 

25 minutes ago, 10192123sangre said:

That is one other punishment.

But Choi Tae Joon is a male. And males can have children even in old age unlike women who after menopause are no longer fertile and capable of having children. 

Losing both the business and the child would be a fair punishment for CTJ.  In addition to that, making him get a vasectomy would be fair play.  But it may not happen like that because the operation is reversible too.  

How about feeding him his own medicine?  What ever he asked KI to pass on to IMR and give to Hwang.  Would it work on him?  

7 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

that is because DS mother gave her a half baked cookie -  Instead of telling the entire truth, she only told about switching YW and KI.

Exactly @angelwingssf  The mom started all this by making her daughter jealous. Even knowing she ruined the Kim Yoo Wol. She still has to be greedy and want him as a son in law. Watching DS makes me so angry at Lim MiRan. She made it seem like she killed Mr Hwang because the last time she didn’t drugs KYW , he abducted her.
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29393a5deb2802f9f173

This is SO CRAZYand I almost fell for it.  I remember she did it because KII told her needed more time or she might as well kill him.  This write sure is trying hard to redeem Mi Ran.  Smh smh h 

I take back what I said about being okay if they redeemed KI. After today's episode, nope, I don't want any redemption arc for him as well. 

He has some nerve to be pissed off at his mom for deceiving him knowing full well who her real son is. He & his father has been deceiving her for quite some time, and there were no remorse there. He's pissed off cause he was deceived. Dude, that's what you did to begin with. You & your lousy, greedy and awful father deceive both her and Chairman Jang!!! What's with being a hypocrite!! Ugh...

The writer needs to start tying up loose ends now as the end is near. Please don't do it with the last 2-3 episodes. Start now please!!! Have the doctor/mom commit her as quickly as possible. She is off her rockers!

Start the downfall for CTJ immediately!!!!

12 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@UnniSarah

KI's expressions of revenge in your gif is by a real theatre actor, really I am stunned by Choi Seung Jae's amazing acting skills.  I want him to win best new actor  (because I am already voting for Zin Tae Hyun as best actor in a daily)

@nohamahamoud2002  KII’s expression are always on point. Choi Seung Jae’s is an amazing actor. Even though I don’t  pity him, he is always makes my mouth dropped at his performance because it is so believable. 

Spoiler

Another theatre actor is really awesome is Cho Seung Woo . Watch his drama Secret Forest/ Stranger.  There will be a second Season coming up. 

13 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Seatbyol is pointing at CTJ the killer

Foolish DS says revenge and SW

She is so dumb. Her daughter meant CTJ 

It is because she does not know anything  about the real reason why Setbyul died. Her mother Im Mi Ran never told her about being kidnapped by Choi Tae Joon's goons and Setbyul running after her (she left her cellphone and it was ringing) because of that.

She only knows that her mother was the reason (Setbyul had Im Mi Ran's cellphone with her when she was run over and died) why Setbyul went outside the house  and got run over by a motorcycle. And Duk Shil did not even make a big fuss about this and seemed to have forgiven her mother for Setbyul's death.:(

Sook Hee's family seems to never learn their  lesson when it comes to dealing with Choi Tae Joon. If they want something in return, they should not rely on verbal promises. Many times already those verbal promises have never materialized. It is about time that they have something in black and white. :glasses: I hope they get smart this time.

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

The mom started all this by making her daughter jealous. Even knowing she ruined the Kim Yoo Wol. She still has to be greedy and want him as a son in law.

Yes I agree. It seems Im Mi Ran is forgetting that she instigated Duk Shil to hold on to KYW. She has to undo what she did.  Duk Shil feels she is entitled to cling on to KYW no matter what.  And I also think Duk Shil might do something to Shi Wol. The night walk she did that was her subconscious telling her to take revenge on Yoon Shi Wol. She is blaming Shi Wol for the loss of Set Byul. 

What's with the doctor's diagnosis? Im Mi Ran is sicker than Duk Shil???? I agree that they are both sick in the mind but ...... :crazy:. I don't want to ponder on this hahaha.

They should just both be committed to a mental institution then all will be fine. Oh but wait we need Im Mi Ran's testimony against Choi Tae Joon. :(

Choi Tae Joon now knows that Jang Jung Hee and Kim Yoo Wol knows, after Kwang Il tells him. Now everyone in the household is in real danger. Yoon Shi Wol should have realized that it won't be long before CTJ knows that KYW knows who he really is and Jang Jung Hee also know who her real son is. She admitted it to Kwang Il. They should be on red alert!:tears:

Choi Kwang Il is now beyond redemption. 

I disagree. Mi Ran is the most dangerous she just saw her daughter acting crazy and still she is having him live in a house with her. She"s not sorry.

She fed someone drugs because her son asked her to and she thought it was sleeping pills. He is not listening as far as she is concerned cant her children just have his life. She thought it was sleeping pills to keep him from winning . Red flag. Next time he has a board meeting why is he waiting for her to kill him and say she did it for her child. Is he insane?

Why is he still living with them? I dont think he should hold what the old man told him to heart. The old man did not know she would feed him sleeping pills that was actually death pills. She is just as crazy as her children.

He should kick them out of his house for his safety. Who in their right mind lives with a murderer. 

4 hours ago, DramaBoss said:

He should kick them out of his house for his safety. Who in their right mind lives with a murderer. 

I also cannot understand why he does not kick them out once and for all. He has the justification to do so. OTY/Kim Yoo Wol, you should scream and shout out your anger! Don t keep it inside you. Get angry at them and kick them out of your house. Don t let them have access towards you and give them the chance to hurt or kill you. Mother and daughter are both sick in the head. It does not matter who is sicker!. Just kick them out, please!!!!

@UnniSarah certainly Gwanjil's role is extremely difficult, in the language of drama, he is a dynamic character or complex character (unlike SW, YW, JH, Mr Jung, Mr Hwang. All of them are good characters, they don't change to evil. Another static character surprisingly CTJ. He is evil all the time). Jieun, Minjae, and his parents are static. Miran is almost static (because she is also evil).

Yiwool changes only in seeking revenge, but he isn't evil. So he isn't complex ( I mean he never changes from good to evil, he just stays good).

Siwool is certainly complex too. She was just good at the beginning, but she started changing because of revenge. The actress is very good, but still I wasn't focusing on her (because I focus on good-looking male actors :D , just kidding) 

On the other hand, Gwanjil is certainly complex character. He starts as good, simple, naïve. Then he develops to a hesitant character, with some evil. Later on, he is blinded by revenge. Just look at the transformation on his face. He stunned me. He is more complex than Namjun, who was 95 % evil, who was governed by two feelings only, obseesion with Sanha and love-hate feelings towards his mother.

Here Gwanjil is totally different. He is controlled by the actions of a larger number of people, his real parents, his fake family, his wife, so many people involved. His interaction with them is marvelous. I was convinced for a long time that he can't be a villain, because of his face (the actor's face is too kind for an evil man), but now, I feel he is just amazing. I am certainly voting for him, as best actor. . 

Spoiler

(By the way other favourite actors/actresses of mine are Yoo Jun-sang, Choi Soo-Jong, Ra Miran, Kim Myung Min)

4 hours ago, DramaBoss said:

I disagree. Mi Ran is the most dangerous she just saw her daughter acting crazy and still she is having him live in a house with her. She"s not sorry.

She fed someone drugs because her son asked her to and she thought it was sleeping pills. He is not listening as far as she is concerned cant her children just have his life. She thought it was sleeping pills to keep him from winning . Red flag. Next time he has a board meeting why is he waiting for her to kill him and say she did it for her child. Is he insane?

Why is he still living with them? I dont think he should hold what the old man told him to heart. The old man did not know she would feed him sleeping pills that was actually death pills. She is just as crazy as her children.

Well said @DramaBoss  @10192123sangre    

It is the writing that is terrible. The house belongs  to Kim Yoo Wol and his wife refuses to leave. It is the writer who keeps writing has DS acting like a crazy person and refusing to leave. By having Mr Hwang begging everyone to take care of Mi Ran and DS was a stupid mistake. He put his faith in the wrong place. I am lasso wondering why he is still living their. He should just give her the house and leave. I myself can’t understand why would Mr Hwang be so kind to them when neither of have been kind or understanding to Kim Yoo Wol. DS only cares about her pain. She wants KYW to be as miserable as she is but she forgot he is already miserable because of what her mom did. Then you have Mi Ran watching her daughter losing her marbles and refusing to snap some sense into her. She is still keeping stuff fro her daughter. Even though MR is cooperating with KYW, if any of her kids “  BEG HER FOR HELP SHE WILL DO IT AGAIN”. Why hasn’t this character evolve yet.  She keeps putting her kids first no matter what the consequences are. 
Shi Wol’s life is in DANGER NOW. If SW ends up in the hospital, this will put brother and sister against each other until they both find out how their mother played a major role in the death of a child. 

@angelwingssf  I don't mean to confuse you :D 

I meant that the characters are either good or bad, that is why I am dividing them:

The total good ones (in my opinion) are: Junghee, Yiwool, Mr Hwang, Mr Jung, Jimin, Jiuk, Seatbyol

The total evil ones are: CTJ, Miran (mostly), Jieun.

to some extent Dukshil (but at the beginning she wasn't' totally evil, in the first episodes, before sleeping with Yiwool).

The grandfather, the maid, Minjae, and his parents are just static, they are neither good nor bad, but they don't change a lot (I think the grandfather is changing but near the end)

The complex ones are: Siwool and Gwanjil, and I would say Dukshil

I already mentioned Gwanjil above.

Siwool is good, but she has many changes of character. When she started seeking revenge, she used some Machiavellian means. What makes her good is repentance. but still she is undergoing many transformations. The actress is experienced and very good. 

Dukshil is also dynamic. Although most of you consider her pure evil, but for me she is changing. She was just ordinary at the beginning, but her obsession with Yiwool is gradual. She starts as a friend to him and co-worker. But then when she sets him up and gets married to him, she started changing. Still she was just doing OK when Seatbyol was alive. (Despite her jealousy and hatred towards SW). But after her daughter's death, she cut her hair short :D as a sign of transformation. Changed her dress style, wore high heels, and applied heavy makeup :D very stereotypical. But then she started planning and seeking revenge. The death of her daughter made her lose her mind completely. The actress is doing a very good job.

2 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

But after her daughter's death, she cut her hair short :D as a sign of transformation. Changed her dress style, wore high heels, and applied heavy makeup :D very stereotypical. But then she started planning and seeking revenge.

The problem here is that her target for revenge is misdirected.

(1) It was not Shi Wol who was the cause of death of Set Byul (Cause:  Im Mi Ran  going out of the house in a hurry and Set Byul running after her . And consequently being kidnapped when she was outside the house and Set Byul getting run over by a motorcycle).

(2) It was not Shi Wol who is the reason why Kim Yoo Wol wants nothing to do with her (Cause: Kim Yoo Wol/OTY discovered that Im Mi Ran switched him and Choi Kwang Il and made him an orphan rendering him to go through a painful and rough life).

(3) It is not Shi Wol's fault that her marriage is not working even from the start. KYW married her because of Set Byul. KYW never liked her as a woman nor did he even grow to love her even after being married. (Cause: Duk Shil is the cause because even though she knew KYW was in love with another girl she still took advantage of him when he was drunk and thinking about Shi Wol. She snared him like prey. What a predator! Love cannot be forced...

Duk Shil blames everything that has happened to her on Shi Wol.

Im Mi Ran is not really repentant. She withholds vital information and does not really tell the truth completely.

It is  more than time for OTY/KYW to kick out the mother and daughter. They are not legally married anymore. Duk Shil if she wants to insist on being married to OTY she should go after the real Oh Tae Young. But I believe that person is dead? So in reality she is already a widow.  

Archived