Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

36 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Although I am not up with the in's and out's of this drama, I feel for KI  regardless what he has done it feels like he he has nothing now and going to loose everything.  He looks depressed as if he is going to do something reckless to himself.

At the end of the episode the wife looks stunned by what he says, however she used him for revenge and no matter what he has done she appears to have no guilt towards how he is feeling.  In that sense I do feel extremely sorry for him.

@fragglerock  Well I want you to know KII murderered someone. Someone who did him no harm. He thought it was ok to drug a someone so he doesn’t lose the lifestyle he is living now.  His father told him to ask his bio mom to drug a man with sleeping pills. It turns out turns out the pills given to his mom was to make the victim have a heart attack. The same way KII refused to divorce Shi Wol, he could have told his father he won’t drug a man so they don’t get kicked out. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@fragglerock  Well I want you to know KII murderered someone. Someone who did him no harm. He thought it was ok to drug a someone so he doesn’t lose the lifestyle he is living now.  His father told him to ask his bio mom to drug a man with sleeping pills. It turns out turns out the pills given to his mom was to make the victim have a heart attack. The same way KII refused to divorce Shi Wol, he could have told his father he won’t drug a man so they don’t get kicked out. 

It is sad for KI to finally understand the magnitude of his actions. But KI is KI, he never does thing right. And he got worse after finding out he is not a Jang. The KI now is trying to make things right. He is standing up to his crooked dad. Quite excited for the new development but am not confident as the writer has consistently made him a failure.

Actually for a revenge drama, am quite disappointed with the revenge theme. I just wished TY had secretly have people trailing Mr Newspaper (after all his experiences with CTJ sabotages), trailing MR for her servility to CTJ and have people checking on his grandpa.

Instead in today's episode  he was shocked Mr Newspaper Man left him all his wealth... one would have thought he would be grateful for his new found added leverage to bring CTJ down. Our protagonist is too sweet a guy.

• Like 6

I think KI is stupid. 

The main blame lies on CTJ who knew that the pills are lethal and on MR who knows that CTJ is capable of murder. MR isn't stupid as KI. She understands CTJ well. He can never fool her.

KI can't imagine how his parents are monsters, he follows CTJ in everything without questioning. He is an accomplice in murder but mainly because he is stupid. The real killers are CTJ and Miran. If KI's conscience finally wakes up, he should hand himself in to the police. I can't understand how he is so dumb when his parents are cunning. 

@angelwingssf according to the genes, where did KI have the stupidity genes from?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@joan0528  Or is grandfather confused - thinking JM is his real grandson? Should be great grandson right? The only reason I look forward to Mondays - to see the continuation of the story.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Maybe from his grandparents lol

:lol: Bingo!  Recall that we got a glimpse of CTJ's mother and sisters in one of the beginning episodes.   The mother and sisters didn't seem like Einsteins.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

20 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Since there is no proof of CTJ's crime, I hope MR kills him

Give him a taste of his own medicine but not too much as to kill him, only paralyze him and put him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.  I'm so bad. So sorry but CTJ deserves to really get a severe punishment...jailtime is not an option. He can still do bad things even if he is in jail.:astonished: IMR will have to take care of him as her punishment..... well they get to live in the house left by Mr. Hwang and the building where her restaurant is housed. So they will have income to live on. Living on the assets of the man they murdered.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

9 minutes ago, 10192123sangre said:

Give him a taste of his own medicine but not too much as to kill him, only paralyze him and put him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.  .

Killing him is good, because he won't stop as long as he lives. By killing him, MR will have a life sentence which is a good punishment for her. That's why I thought of that as punishment for both of them

• Like 6

On 9/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, Auntie Mame said:

Recall that we got a glimpse of CTJ's mother and sisters in one of the beginning episodes.   The mother and sisters didn't seem like Einsteins

Or his sisters can take care of him. CTJ he more or less was able to give his family a decent home and lived a luxurious life, after all the son, CTJ became a chaebol's husband. He even has a slush fund! Whatever else was he able to accumulate on the side?:ph34r:

• Like 4

My friends, I created a page for my favourite actor :D 

couldn't resist it lol, have a look, and you can post

as you read, you will notice that Choi Sung-jae is a theatre actor. He studied theatre. He acted in Chekhov's Seagull, one of the most difficult plays. I know now why I liked him, it is because he is a theatre actor.  (I didn't know that before until I created the soompi page today)

• Like 4

On 9/27/2019 at 4:33 AM, dramaninja said:

Blurb for Monday's Ep. 81:  광일은 자신이 이혼하지 않고 버티면 태준이 시월이도 죽일지 모른다는 불안감에 시월과 이혼을 결심하고, 숙희네는 유월이 정희의 친아들임을 알게 된다. 한편, 미란은 자신이 저지른 일을 유월이 모두 알고 있다는 걸 알게 되고, 덕실을 불러 이제 그만 유월을 놓아주라고 말하는데....

Translation: KI decides to get divorced from SW, out of fear that CTJ may even kill SW if he sticks to not getting divorced, and the SH gang learns that YW is JH's real son. Meanwhile, MR learns that YW has known about everything she had done to him, and tells DS to stop and let go of YW.

----------------

It is sad to see that KI actually decided it because he was afraid of what his dad would do to SW.  How can you not feel bad for this guy?  I don't know if you all noticed the scene when he was lying in bed and asked SW what she thought about him and YuJin.  When she didn't say anything, a drop of tears came at the corner of his right eye, that some might not have noticed.  It was quite a sad moment.  Good job by the actor.

But thank God for the goof troop at the end of Ep 80, lightening things up.  The YW head massage scene (again) from MinJae was funny as hell.  And then, when Papa Park said that they don't have to go wait at the DNA test place because they are trusted clients as "regulars there", I could not stop laughing!!  Regular clients for DNA tests!!  ROTFLMAO :)

----------------

Meanwhile, Ep. 80 got the highest rating so far for this drama - on TnMS at 19.4.   That is up from around 12-13 for the early episodes.   Ep. 77 had the highest ratings on Nielsen.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Blurb for Monday's Ep. 81:  광일은 자신이 이혼하지 않고 버티면 태준이 시월이도 죽일지 모른다는 불안감에 시월과 이혼을 결심하고, 숙희네는 유월이 정희의 친아들임을 알게 된다. 한편, 미란은 자신이 저지른 일을 유월이 모두 알고 있다는 걸 알게 되고, 덕실을 불러 이제 그만 유월을 놓아주라고 말하는데....

Translation: KI decides to get divorced from SW, out of fear that CTJ may even kill SW if he sticks to not getting divorced, and the SH gang learns that YW is JH's real son. Meanwhile, MR learns that YW has known about everything she had done to him, and tells DS to stop and let go of YW.

----------------

It is sad to see that KI actually decided it because he was afraid of what his dad would do to SW.  How can you not feel bad for this guy?  I don't know if you all noticed the scene when he was lying in bed and asked SW what she thought about him and YuJin.  When she didn't say anything, a drop of tears came at the corner of his right eye, that some might not have noticed.  It was quite a sad moment.  Good job by the actor.

But thank God for the goof troop at the end of Ep 80, lightening things up.  The YW head massage scene (again) from MinJae was funny as hell.  And then, when Papa Park said that they don't have to go wait at the DNA test place because they are trusted clients as "regulars there", I could not stop laughing!!  Regular clients for DNA tests!!  ROTFLMAO :)

----------------

Meanwhile, Ep. 80 got the highest rating so far for this drama - on TnMS at 19.4.   That is up from around 12-13 for the early episodes.   Ep. 77 had the highest ratings on Nielsen.

Thank you for the information.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jayakris said:

It is sad to see that KI actually decided it because he was afraid of what his dad would do to SW.  How can you not feel bad for this guy?  I don't know if you all noticed the scene when he was lying in bed and asked SW what she thought about him and YuJin.  When she didn't say anything, a drop of tears came at the corner of his right eye, that some might not have noticed.  It was quite a sad moment.  Good job by the actor

KI is thinking about Miran's warning of Karma. He drinks because he feels guilty. Both MR and KI are already repenting. I really feel my heart aching. I hope KI redeems himself completely because really Choi Sungjae breaks my heart :tears:

PS. A talented actor always leaves a strong impact on me even if he is not totally "good", because in a complicated role, a theatre actor tries to bring out the human side of the character even if he is doing wrong things. this requires long hours of studying the script

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, monalisa said:

Maybe CTJ or KI will get a serious illness?

This is how villians always get away with the things they do in KDrama lol. With the way CTJ is eating those pills and touching his chest, he is bound to get it. 

• Like 4

On 9/27/2019 at 11:58 PM, fragglerock said:

Although I am not up with the in's and out's of this drama, I feel for KI  regardless what he has done it feels like he he has nothing now and going to loose everything.  He looks depressed as if he is going to do something reckless to himself.

At the end of the episode the wife looks stunned by what he says, however she used him for revenge and no matter what he has done she appears to have no guilt towards how he is feeling.  In that sense I do feel extremely sorry for him.

Not exactly true. SW felt a lot of remorse for using KI for her revenge.  She thought kindly of him as a person although he was a dismal failure in the brains department.  Her attitude towards him turned towards anger and at times hatred only when he used her son and also tried to hurt TY.  Her first priority is Jimin and secondly it is TY.

In the beginning, I too felt sorry for him.  I wanted him to man up and become a good husband\father.  I hoped the writer would have SW fall in love with him and the 3 of them could be a family.  But he turned out to be like his parents.  SW getting back to TY is immaterial to me.  They spent so many years apart and it is odd to think that she could live in that house again.. everything remains the same except she has a different husband!  Weird.  Kind of like aussie soap operas! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1