Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

33 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Is it just me or did JH just give a hint to KI that she knows that KI is not her son in the preview? She said just like how you consider JM as your son, I consider you as the same..... But if he finds out this early, he is gonna mess up TY plans not to mention, he won't let go of SW and JM. Or is this part of their plans?

@joan0528 I think the same. It's probably Ms.Yang.

TY just gave a big hint to DS telling her that her mother is the cause of this. As usual, she doesn't listen<_<. Her scene with SW made me laugh lol. Not only did she told her to go to the hospital, but also SW evaded her slap by moving backwards Imao:mrgreen:. She almost ended up in the floor for trying to slap someone:tounge_xd:. Her mother and her should pack up while TY is being nice because if he finds out that DS is still harassing SW, DS may end up without a dime in her bucket. 

This new character looks genuine. The only problem is, will KI truly love her? 

• Like 5

giphy.gifKYW couldn't bare to part with Shi Wol. Finally able to post a GIF. Updating my Iphone really did a number on me. Can't embeded any videos or GIF. :tears::tears:

@dramaninja  Here is the cheesy kiss scene you were talking about. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Mr Hwang offered IMR a lifeline that I feel she should accept. Mr Hwang has always liked her from before and he even didn't mind if she marries him for his money.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

But shaman jung already told YW that both mr.hwang and mIran are not meant to be together because if they do something bad might happen...i think YW didnot tell mr.hwang everything..

Looks like the writer wants mr.hwang to die or what..

Since this drama is a light revenge not a melow. I don't think MR Hwang will die @joan0528. I believe that Mi Ran will betray Mr Hwang because of her desperate attempts to give her children the world. She will betramanipuly him to Choi Tae Joon. CHoi Tae Joon is a master manipulator and he wil make sure that Mi Ran will remain by his side until someone she really loves get hurt, Not DIe. I truly believe that there will be no more deaths in the upcoming episodes. 

Mi Ran will mess up and will lose Mr Hwang pity for good and she will only have her kids by her side. That is what she deserves because she is selfish, she saw her daughter is losing her marbels and yet she isnt doing anything to stop her at all. Whatever happens now will be her fault and she needs to pay for it somehow.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

17 hours ago, joan0528 said:

Blurb: 유월(태양)은 자신이 찾고 있는 지분의 주인이 황사장이란 걸 알고 기뻐하고, 유진은 시월을 찾아가 광일과 정말 이혼할 생각인지 묻는다. 한편, 태준은 사람을 시켜 정희와 숙희의 대화를 엿듣고 정희가 광일이 친자가 아님을 알고 있다는 사실을 알게 되고, 광일 역시 정희가 모든 사실을 알고 있다고 직감하는데....

Translation: As YW(TY) is happy to learn that Mr. Hwang is the owner of the shares he was looking for, YuJin goes to SW to ask if she is really thinking of divorcing KI.  Meanwhile, as CTJ gets somebody to eavesdrop on the conversation between JH and SH, and finds out that JH knows of KI's not being her son, KI intuitively feels that JH must surely be knowing all the truths.

So, the secrets are all pretty much getting unraveled...  But if CTJ figures out that JH knows things, I wonder what all he will do.  Hopefully he will still not expect JH to do what she and TY are planning at the company meeting.

--------------------

But what I don't understand is the BS that TY is saying that DS is not married to him just because of his name change.  DS should be able to file a lawsuit on him for marriage fraud (with all kinds of evidence) and he cannot avoid jail for it, if he claims they are not married.  In fact I find it odd that everybody is acting like the fake-name thing is not a big deal.  It has to be a petty big crime to take on a fake name like he did and to do all he did for all these years, and not go to jail for it.  It should be a criminal offense. Having a reason for it, that somebody tried to kill him and so he had to remain hidden etc, are not an excuse for committing the crime.  I am not sure how he can avoid jail time, frankly.  What do all of you think, and what am I missing here?  (I don't mean that I want him to go to jail.  I want the nice man to get out of DS' grip and get married to SW, with DS traveling to a sanatorium!)

By the way, I loved how SW dealt with DS today.  The acting was really good, showing both pity and annoyance... DS being so out of it that she can't even pull off a slap properly... Hilarious. And SW asked her to take a hike - to a mental sanatorium!...  So appropriate.

• Like 5

Hello Everyone

@jayakris You are right about when some uses a fake identity it is a crime if he does it without the cops. But WHY DO PEOPE CHANGE IDENTITY??? 
1. Crime

2. Fear 

3. Identity theft

Kim Yoo Wol did it out of fear and then revenge. He feared for his life. If Jangi group knew he was still alive who could protect him ?? The Police?? As if , money holds all the power. Everyone knew if his death but where was the body? They did find a body? What body though??? Because he was an orphan, no one went the the office to claim him dead , so he broke no laws. If someone had declared him dead it would have been a crime. DS is BRAIN LESS, what do I say that . It is because she knew he was living under a fake name, there is no crime here. She says he is cheating, but he isn’t cheating at all. SW and him are working together to get rid of Choi Tae Joon. Oh Tae Yang has proof to remaining under the identity of OTY because they tried to kill him again. They still have not  found the other accomplices who got those thugs to kidnap OTY.  The first time they tried to kill him, there was a rumor it was Jangi Group who did it . There was no investigation on the accident. It all disappeared, Why is that??? Money has power. Which is why OTY was in hiding, an orphan who only had Shi Wol as his ally. Could OTY truly count on DS and let her know what is going on?? Not at all because she would have told her mom and OTY’s life would be in danger again. Would Mi Ran really let her kids be in danger or caused any grief. Even now instead of telling her her sins so her daughter can finally understand her hubby and let him go. I think even if they told her what her mom did, DS won’t let him go because she is so SELFISH. Smh smh smh She will try to hold on to him even tighter. Smh smh 

Did you like my GIF with DS attempt to smack SW.  SW tried so hard to tell her get help to sooth her heart because in the end she is the one who is going to get hurt. 

OMG!!!! KII asked why doesn’t he like his mom from the moment he met her.  I WANTED TO BE THE OBE TO TELL HIM. BECAUSE HE IS SELFISH. His heart isn’t that big, he will need to spend time with her to like her. He is guarded meanwhile Jimin is wide open.  Jimin was so sweet today, told his father it is okay for him to love him less.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY COMMENTS ABOUT THIS POST PLEASE RESPONd I hope this makes sense

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Kim Yoo Wol did it out of fear and then revenge. He feared for his life. If Jangi group knew he was still alive who could protect him ?? The Police?? As if , money holds all the power. Everyone knew if his death but where was the body? They did find a body? What body though??? Because he was an orphan, no one went the the office to claim him dead , so he broke no laws. If someone had declared him dead it would have been a crime.

I agree with the rationale for why he did it.... but he did break laws, as far as I can see.

YW took a fake ID organized by Old man Hwang, that belonged to somebody else who had the name Oh Tae Yang (I cant remember that guy's story, except that he had gone to Harvard, as we saw his picture... but he had disappeared or died, right?)...  Impersonating anybody and using a fake ID card, is a crime.   Taking his old name YW back, is not a crime, of course.  But over a decade when he used the fake name OTY, he was committing a crime.  Right?  What is his defense against that?

One other thing that I remember from when I went through the first 47 episodes in a hurry over a couple of weeks to catch up, was Old man Hwang asking YW why he picked the name "Taeyang" (which means "the sun" in Korean) and YW talking about the bright sun.  I wondered why Mr. Hwang asked him that, when it was he who brought the ID card, and I had initially thought that he had picked a random name.  So, was it like YW did research and found this actual guy James Oh (the original Oh Tae Yang) and asked Mr. Hwang to get the ID made with that guy's specific name and ID number?  It was not explained properly, and so the scene confused me.  Anyway, it seems that TY takes responsibility for doing the impersonation, and orchestrating the whole thing.  He knew what he was doing.  He continued it for over a decade.  And that was illegal, for sure.  Impersonation is basically a criminal offense in many countries (probably in Korea too).  No getting around it, as far as I can see.  Prosecutors who learn that OTY of Sun Holdings was using a fake ID, should be able to press charges for a criminal offense, and he will have no defense against going to jail.  If not a criminal offense, I suppose DS will have to file a case that she was duped by YW with a fake name when he married her and signed marriage papers, and he will go to jail because evidence is stacked against him.  In any case, I just do not see how YW can get around the legal problem, and the drama is acting like it isn't there. 

What am I missing here?   People can't just do what he did, duping the whole world, being a CEO of an investment firm that took the public's money, being a husband to a woman who married him, all with a borrowed name, then not correcting the lie for over a decade... and still get away with it!!  How??

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

48 minutes ago, jayakris said:

One other thing that I remember from when I went through the first 47 episodes in a hurry over a couple of weeks to catch up, was Old man Hwang asking YW why he picked the name "Taeyang" (which means "the sun" in Korean) and YW talking about the bright sun.  I wondered why Mr. Hwang asked him that, when it was he who brought the ID card, and I had initially thought that he had picked a random name.  So, was it like YW did research and found this actual guy James Oh (the original Oh Tae Yang) and asked Mr. Hwang to get the ID made with that guy's specific name and ID number?  It was not explained properly, and so the scene confused me.

@jayakris To answer your Question The drama is avoiding the identity theft . 

Answer : THIS IS KDRAMA LAND A lot writer right without doing research on that particular plot they are writing and sometimes it is never answered. OTY will use the excuse of changing his identity due to fear of being killed or the attempted murder?? Maybe there might more that we haven’t uncovered yet about this identity theft. Don’t forget the cop knows about his kidnapping, the case is still open. Maybe the cops may know about the full story already.  Question Do you want OTY to Pay for using someone else’s identity? This maybe answered or not answered 
  For choosing OH Taeyang -> my interpretation from the subs is that Kim Yoo Wol lived as an orphan and suffered all his life and with this new name he can finally live in the sun  hence the title of the The drama (A PLACE IN THE SUN). From living in the orphanage, then adopted, then physically abused, then someone tried to kill him which pushed him into hiding he felt he has spent his entire life in darkness.  Tbh I don’t think his life was really in total darkness because he had Shi Wol. She could be his actual Sun who knows. Continuing now I believe the name was chosen randomly. I don’t think he did any research To choose that name. 
i get it it richard simmons you off that this Identity theft was used. In fact I don’t recall if they ever mentioned whaT happened to the real Oh Taeyang.  

• Like 3

This is the preview

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,77,797338

Well, looks like KI asks his bio mom to drug Mr. Newspaper so that he will miss the meeting:expressionless:.  Didn't he hear what JH told him about being her son regardless whether they are related by blood or not? He really is stupid if he is still listening to his father.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

So now my final decision againts KI is to get angry with him base on the preview he follow his father footsteps already...

This newpaper/all day eating man really will be the downfall of KYW,  holding miran and marrying her will make his life short...

Yep, after seeing that preview, he is off my list. I don't care even if he ends up dying at the end. It will all because of his stupidity<_<. I feel sorry for JH too.

This newspaper guy was always dumb when it comes to MR and unfortunately, this time he will screw up big time.

And what's with both father and son giving MR medication bottle everytime when they are close to getting screwed up? 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Yep, after seeing that preview, he is off my list. I don't care even if he ends up dying at the end. 

This newspaper guy was always dumb when it comes to MR and unfortunately, this time he will screw up big time. And what's with both father and son giving MR medication bottle everytime when they are close to getting screwed up? 

they can’t fight fairly because they’re dumb for TY’s genius mind. 

But seriously, i hope they had some back up plan what if someone from their team doesnt show up...like, mr hwang should’ve just executed a proxy if ever he doesn’t show up.. because at this rate, his pity and liking for MR is going to be the death of him and the downfall of TY’s plans

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Thats what im thinking also this all day eating man will make YW lost everything because od his so called love for IMR...

JH and SW know that CTJ have someone to follow and eavesdrop JH and SK conversation right so i hope they tell YW so that they can plan and alternative..

But the gooftroops family is planning to reveal the DNA test result on the day of shareholders meeting so can we guess they will fail again or success???

Stupid old man:expressionless:. He really is gonna ruin for TY.

I hope so too. Besides TJ knows that the gooftroops family have the DNA test so I wonder whether they will success or not too. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

So i guess they waiting for SW and YW to be back together again before YW can defeat CTJ as shaman jung said before The king must marry and have a children first before he can become a king of yangji group...because as we can see now if ever they are close to taking down CTJ from his post/seat, they always failed, what else they gonna plan to do after if ever they failed in shareholders meeting..they must win 5 over 4 for CTJ but now if Mr.hwang cannot come they lost 2seats/votes with means CTJ still in the seat as chairman...hoping that grandfather jang will wake up on the day of shareholders meeting so that the meeting will be cancel...

grandfather jang waking up on the shareholders meeting is the only hope they have on that day. and hopefully, he’ll cancel it or side with TY. my memory isn’t that good but mr hwang visited him in the hospital and told him something along the line that he’s so lucky to have TY as a grandson(?). then there’s the camera focusing on his fingers slightly moving, which could indicate he’s about to wake up or he actually heard mr hwang..

• Like 5

Wow, Dukshil was actually sane and kind when she spoke to Hwang Sajang!  She has it in her!  Hang on to that silver thread of sanity, Duk!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

did you notice 3 coffin doors at the shaman. I believe they are for KI, DK and chairman Jang after he briefly meets YW.

the other two because their parents took the lives and caused pain to other people children all in the name of their children. Death is too easy for them because they both will never stop until those two die.

she took the bottle from him. she won't tell her daughter why her daughter should get a divorce. she shows no remorse towards YW. she keeps trying to help her son steal and keep Yangji group.YW shouldn't live with her she might try to kill him to get her son Yangji group. 

did you notice 3 coffin doors at the shaman. I believe they are for KI, DK and chairman Jang after he briefly meets YW.

the other two because their parents took the lives and caused pain to other people children all in the name of their children. Death is too easy for them because they both will never stop until those two die.

she took the bottle from him. she won't tell her daughter why her daughter should get a divorce. she shows no remorse towards YW. she keeps trying to help her son steal and keep Yangji group.YW shouldn't live with her she might try to kill him to get her son Yangji group. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Here is the Ep 78 blurb: 태준은 숨어있는 지분의 주인이 황사장이라는 사실을 알고 태양에 대한 분노를 참지 못한다. 황노인은 미란에게 어머니의 반지를 주며 프러포즈하고, 태양의 집을 떠날 준비를 한다. 한편, 광일은 황사장이 주총장에 오지 못하게 하기 위해 태준이 건넨 약을 들고 미란을 찾아가는데....

Translation: CTJ is unable to contain his anger to TY, on learning that the owner of the concealed shares is Mr. Hwang.  Mr. Hwang gives his mother's rings while proposing to MR, and prepares to leave TY's house.  Meanwhile, KI meets MR with a drug that CTJ brought to him, that will make Mr. Hwang be unable to come to the board meeting.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

But now the question ive been thinking is who did mr.hwang give his money or shares??

Yes, we have no idea whom Mr. Hwang's money/shares are going to.  It has to be YW because a good chunk of that money was made by YW for Mr. Hwang.  I just cannot imagine him giving it to anybody else.  I hope he doesn't give it to some charity trust or something and cause YW trouble!

On another matter, I just realized that the actress playing YuJin is not the actress that I thought she was.  She is actually a model by the name Nam Yi An (남이안), who has only acted in small roles in one other drama and a movie.   I had actually never seen her before.  She has a lot of similarities in her looks to another actress, Lee Elijah (이엘리야) who was the one I thought was playing the role. She is a year older at 29, and has acted in quite a few dramas like Wonderful Days, Fight for my Way, Chief of Staff etc.  But she is not the one playing YuJin.  Quite some resemblance between the two actresses.  Both are pretty, anyway.

• Like 4