[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am five episodes behind, KI is asking his mother, if she will abandon him if she learns he is not her son :( 

I think if KI meets his biological mom, he will never like her, because she conspired with CTJ and switched him. I feel sorry for him 

I know 99% of you dislike him for separating the OTP, but right now I look at him only as a son and as a father (to JM whom he really loves), apart from revenge. I hope the writer allows him a merciful ending

He is different from NJ in left-handed wife

I wonder why the writer is making him so pitiful? I mean he is different from CTJ and even from DS his half sister. Is it intentional so that I and some viewers  pity him?

I have a soft spot for downtrodden people :( 

Most of KI's life is imposed on him because of his parents. I hope he makes the right decision at last, because really his revenge is destroying him, but then the drama is all about revenge. Too much hatred.

I know that TY is strong and successful, despite his suffering, he stands on his feet quickly. I like him, but I am not worried about him, because his ending is 100  % happy. He is smart in business, he has his mother and SW, unlike KI who has no one but evil parents 

SW is really complicated, she chose revenge, planted herself in the family to make JM inherit everything. Then after discovering that YW is alive, didn't tell him about JM. She messed up many things, gained an enemy in KI, really she should have told him about JM and YW, she could have spared herself his enimity, because telling him is better than him discovering it later. KI is different from CTJ, his motives are emotional, he is moved by emotions of jealousy and disappointment. He loves his mother and JM, unlike CTJ. CTJ is greedy, can kill people and do anything to reach his evil goal

This drama just keeps getting better and better. I love SW’s threat to DS in the preview. Hope there are revenge slaps.

Also, I hope they let the chairman know what’s happening before TY takes down Yangji so he doesn’t have a heart attack and simply plays along with the revenge. I know he was evil-ish once, but he relented, and became nicer later, and refused to murder, thinking of the other person’s family and realizing it was wrong etc. it’s not much, I know, but still, he has grown on me.

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am five episodes behind, KI is asking his mother, if she will abandon him if she learns he is not her son :( 

I think if KI meets his biological mom, he will never like her, because she conspired with CTJ and switched him. I feel sorry for him 

I know 99% of you dislike him for separating the OTP, but right now I look at him only as a son and as a father (to JM whom he really loves), apart from revenge. I hope the writer allows him a merciful ending

He is different from NJ in left-handed wife

I wonder why the writer is making him so pitiful? I mean he is different from CTJ and even from DS his half sister. Is it intentional so that I and some viewers  pity him?

I have a soft spot for downtrodden people :( 

Most of KI's life is imposed on him because of his parents. I hope he makes the right decision at last, because really his revenge is destroying him, but then the drama is all about revenge. Too much hatred.

I know that TY is strong and successful, despite his suffering, he stands on his feet quickly. I like him, but I am not worried about him, because his ending is 100  % happy. He is smart in business, he has his mother and SW, unlike KI who has no one but evil parents 

SW is really complicated, she chose revenge, planted herself in the family to make JM inherit everything. Then after discovering that YW is alive, didn't tell him about JM. She messed up many things, gained an enemy in KI, really she should have told him about JM and YW, she could have spared herself his enimity, because telling him is better than him discovering it later. KI is different from CTJ, his motives are emotional, he is moved by emotions of jealousy and disappointment. He loves his mother and JM, unlike CTJ. CTJ is greedy, can kill people and do anything to reach his evil goal

At first SW tried to tell YW about JM.  She tried a few times but each time he cut her out.  Then Choi and even KI threatened her that she would never see her son again if she told YW.  She is a mother protecting her son.

Its easy to blame everything on her.  Because she blames herself.  She did the best she could under the circumstances.  YW is now only starting to appreciate that.  

Does KI really love JM as a son?  His initial reaction was that YW will win by taking everything from him.  Not the tears of a father for the potential loss of a son.  

I too champion the underdog but not the stupid or morally bankrupt ones.  KI is stupid.  and on the fast track to morally bankrupt.  Lets see if the writer will save him before he is a gone case.

The trouble with KI is that he is too obsessed with SW. Sometimes, when you love someone, you let them go. Like when you really love v your bias in a kpop group. It's possible to be super in love with them what with all the reality shows because they have to show themselves, they can't be perfect dolls nonstop. But you don't stalk them or stop them getting married because you have to understand they are human beings with their own lives. That gets into obsession.

Similarly, KI and SW were on separate levels, and what he did was sexual harassment, really. But he was obsessed, and never thought of her as human with her own life, just as a perfect doll to own. 

13 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@nohamahamoud2002 I have to disagree about KI being different from his sister. I do believe he isn’t as bad as his sister but there are still some traces of both his parents in his personality. I believe in in nurture over nature in some scenarios. DS and KI both are obsessed with the people they love just like @tulip06 said. They both don’t know how to treat people as people not objects to own. I don’t know if he loves JM because if he did in my opinion, he should have never sent him away. The entire time he was away, he never once acted he missed him. He just hires people to follow his wife around and make observations on how she looks like she is about to go to OTY. 

DS was raised by MR and while growing up she noticed some injustice towards her mom. Which led  her to never let anyone take what belongs to her by taking the initiative take it first. Meanwhile KI grew up under Jung Hee. She nutured his morals and spoiled him but once he started following Choi Tae Joon . He started letting his morals become nonexistent because of his father’s views. I hope that makes sense. I haven’t seen episode 64 yet been so busy.

@monalisa She didn’t know KI’s mother was alive and who she was.. 

@O aSW tried to tell him a bunch of times but OTY stopped her , even DS tried to stop her. SW has made mistakes and one of her main faults is she thought she can change the company image. 

OTY also said that SW and JH’s department are very prosperous but CTJ and KI’s department aren’t prosperous. Even though JH taught KI, his gene has proven to not be smart unlike OTY. 

7 hours ago, O said:

I too champion the underdog but not the stupid or morally bankrupt ones.  KI is stupid.  and on the fast track to morally bankrupt.  Lets see if the writer will save him before he is a gone case.

Yes I agree he is stupid, but not totally evil, rather I consider him weak and jealous

To him TY came to take everything from him, Jung Hee, SW and JM, that's why he is fighting. I consider him a victim of evil parents

KI's main crime is being CTJ's son , which isn't a crime, it is ill-luck.

As I said, his ending will to lose everything, while TY will regain his rightful place.

Why does KI pay for CTJ's crimes? 

27 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

To him TY came to take everything from him, Jung Hee, SW and JM, that's why he is fighting. I consider him a victim of evil parents

His jealous heart is what making him think that way. His stupidity for not thinking about what OTY lost and he himself  was used by his parent. I hope KI turn against CTJ so that CTJ can feel some pain and suffering. He needs to understand what he himself did wrong. For people like CTJ they must lose something they sincerely love to finally understand what they did wrong.  @nohamahamoud2002 You wonder why KI must pay for CTJ’s sin . I don’t agree with it but look at CTJ personality. He was groomed by the corrupt Mr Jang. MR Jang maybe corrupt but he himself knows when to stop but Choi Tae Joon doesn’t know his own limit. The little wisdom Mr Jang told CTJ went through one ear and out the other ear.  

“He said The first time we killedOTY but he survived that attempt but if he did it a second time what will the heaven do their family.”

Well, I don't know yet about a son who needs to pay for his father's sin :( 

I have a religious belief that if a son chooses the right path, he will be spared :( but the writer thinks differently.  She wants CTJ to suffer by having his son suffer too. I want KI to rebel against his father

Well, I will never understand the writer's viewpoint 

2 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I wonder how:grimace: JM will react to the truth, I know he loves TY as a father, but despite everything will be a shock, KI loves JM despite everything. All these stories about parental rights over JM during divorce is unfortunate, I know that in this story 'there is too much resentment and anger, hatred, but it can have two fathers;

I know that some families do not see each other more anymore:cold_sweat:, and I know that TY wants to find his son that he did not raise, I still hope that KI will resume and that the writers will not leave KI at the end of this drama leaving JM as if he had never been his father:bawling:.

Poor TY, that ending broke my heart:tired:... I'm glad SW took JM to see TY later in tomorrow's episode. 

And WTH is CTJ doing in JM room scaring the living out of the child like that? SW better sleep with her son and keep an eye on him 24/7.

Archived