[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

I am starting to feel really sorry for KI. His adoptive mother should be reassuring him more that he is her son no matter what, that she tricked him before because of his dad only,  that she still loves him, that he should marry a girl who loves him, doesn’t matter if he moves out, he can find a place nearby and come for breakfast, he can still be an important uncle to Jimin and go have children with his new wife, that has just been a messed up situation and he has been a victim of circumstance, all to make him feel loved and better and so he doesn’t do stupid, crazy things because humans hate feeling abandoned more than anything.

But nope, that would be good parenting.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Nancy Chua said:
4 hours ago, joan0528 said:

Thanks ! patiently waiting for translation <3 

Blurb - 유월은 광일에게 로지스 사장 자리에서 물러나라고 말하고, 장회장은 양지신약 분식회계를 바로잡겠다는 유월의 말에 유월이 왜 회장 자리에 앉았는지 알게 되고 씁쓸해한다. 한편, 덕실은 점점 더 도를 넘는 행동을 하고, 유월은 그런 덕실이 걱정돼 함께 병원에 가자고 하는데....

Translation: YW asks KI to step down from the Logis president position, and Chmn Jang is rueful on learning why YW was doing the Chairman job, when YW says that Yangji Pharmaceutical's account fraud will be found out soon.  Meanwhile, DS is going more and more overboard, so YW worries about her and suggests going to the hospital together

(Actually I am not very sure about the part about the chairman being bitter.  Not happy that the Yangji account fraud will be found out?  I guess he is not happy at YW doing his job right...  Hope I got it right!  I haven't seen today's Ep 93 yet...)

The video shows YW telling KI that he will be given a chance, but that he will be terminated as the Yangji Logis chairman. YW tells the Grandpa the same.  KI then apologizes to the chairman that he committed a grave sin. The chairman says he will forgive him, but that KI should "give up".

Someone will have to recap tomorrow’s episode for me because I am feeling so bad for idiot KI now, who has never gotten anything right, who never gets anyone’s love except some creepy stalker girl’s and his evil incompetent dad’s, who will be thrown out of the house, and is detested and mocked by all. 

like some ease needs to be given to his heart. I think he might die at this rate.

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

Wahahah DS really gone crazy wearing a mascott and giving alive fish as gift to YW mother and SW then runaway, luckily Kijoon see DS wearing mascott and tell to YW but as we expected when YW and DS go to the hospital the result is normal because DS already pay the doctor to keep quiet and tell YW that everything is fine with her...(anything might happen to DS in the near future, this doctor is the one to blame for not taking action to cure DS)

And Chmn Jang tell KI that he will forgive him in one condition that he will divorce SW and give up jimin custody..

At the dining area everybody is there except KI, nobody like DS there even grandfather scold her for being noisy..and YW aunt telling DS because she is yangji daughter inlaw she must learn the basic in learning how to become DIL...(well as you can see we already know that they wanted to give DS a hardtime)!

Even though the doctor told YW that DS is normal he can not be that stupid to believe him and why is everybody treating her like her and YW is still married this part of the drama is dumb for lack of a better word like at this point DS needs a reality check.

57 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

They just want to give story to DS because they extend the episode they also extend the craziness of DS,,, i DS will lost herself and try to harm somebody, i hope its CTJ shes going to harm most especially if she know that CTJ was the reason why SB died

Ok that's one way of looking at it.  How many episodes did they add?  They really can mess up a good drama by adding extra episodes and how can you originally write drama that have 100/120 episodes but somewhere along the way you need more episodes to finish the story, that always confuses me.

7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

this drama is nightmarish. Saetbyol's ghost walking. DS going crazy. KI snarling like a dog.

really, is this Hamlet? where we have Hamlet father's ghost, Ophelia going crazy, "to be or not to be". 

this is not a drama, this is a theatrical nightmarish crazy grotesque macabre piece   :scream:

omg i laughed so much when KI snarled like a dog :joy:

the end is near for the siblings 

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

Its not directly involve but when IMR refuse to Give YW the medicine CTJ ask IMR to meet him and talk to him but CTJ end up kidnapping MR, at the same time when setbyul went out to give her grandmother the phone, she see her grandmother being drag to the car thats why she run towards them running to the car while shouting grandmother and suddenly a motor appeared and didnot see setbyul was behind the car..

Thank you, joan0528. I think KI will be killed off. That will be the biggest punishment for CTJ.

2 hours ago, monalisa said:

Thank you, joan0528. I think KI will be killed off. That will be the biggest punishment for CTJ.

Death for villains is the easy way out.  KI can be punished for other wrong deeds.  He should go to jail.  That would be a great punishment for CTJ - far from KI being the emperor that CTJ wanted him to be, KI will be even worst than a lowly peasant.  Everything he did was not merely in vain but turned out to be the worst possible thing he could have done for KI!

But Grandpa also needs some form of punishment.  He should not get away with his crimes just because he is the hero's grandpa. 

@nohamahamoud2002 I find it funny that you find the similarities between this and Hamlet. Yes, I know that I still have to respond to your comment that you made regarding my last post and I will try to do that as well over here if possible.

Spoiler

Since I haven’t been watching this show until now my apologies so things will be speculated on by me from what I have seen of the characters so far. This leads to the point that @monalisa made that Kwang Ill is going to die by the end of this show. I would probably agree with this assessment. Sorry to disappoint his fans but his fate was probably sealed from the start.

Let’s see why I suspect this. Normally the second leads are evil but competent. They have the skills to do their jobs adequately before the main lead shows up and does somewhat better than them and all (if they are in the same department or something similar). Unfortunately, this isn’t the case for Kwang Ill. From everything that I have heard and read of him (to the episodes I did watch) I gathered the following. They guy is totally incompetent. He tried running a few businesses on his own before he got his current post. The result of them of them all is that they all went under. Also to be noted that these were probably smaller than Yangji group since it has apparently grown enough to have a few subsidiaries under it and all. This means that a lot more people will suffer and lose their jobs if he fails to do his job properly. Something tells me that he still isn’t good enough to run the company on his own.

Even now if you consider something important you will realize that he hasn’t taken control of the company on his own merit and skill but infact it was handed over to him by his father who played dirty tricks to get it. Can’t recall the exact details but he pretty much got it for free. Yes, he can probably make the company successful if he learns to let go of his pride, ego and self-esteem and ask for help from those that are better than him. There is no shame in that. Unfortunately, something tells me that he won’t do that since the other person is Mr. Sun who he probably views as a rival and knows deep down that he is no match for him. Atleast Namjoon from Left Handed Wife seemed competent enough in the few episodes that I did watch him in but this isn’t the same for Kwang Ill.

This means that by the end of the show he will be left with literally nothing. Terrible at business means he needs to do something but so far he hasn’t shown any kind of skills that he can fall back on. For instance if they showed that perhaps he liked to cook as a hobby so he could then probably open a small restaurant of his or even go into the countryside and live a simple life as a farmer etc.. but he hasn’t. Then on top of all this he will also lose out on the family that he has (wife and son). He might still have his mother’s but not the people that he actually cares about (or so he claims). Yes, he can marry the new girl that was introduced Yujin I believe. But even then what role can she really play. Unless she also wants a simple life I don’t think that will work out. So basically this character has nothing to fall back on. @nohamahamoud2002 mentioned that they would be okay if he too decided to become a hermit and live on the mountains on his own. Busy cultivating or something to that extent. If that happens that would be great. Perhaps the current fortune teller can become his mentor and teach him the ways of The Force and be one with nature and all. If that happens I have no real complaints but will that happen.

Also I feel that the balance must be maintained. Choi Tae Joon has killed a person and made his son and Miran into his accomplices even if they weren’t aware of said fact this means that one must die for the scales to be balanced. If anyone should die it probably is Choi Tae Joon because no matter who dies he simply has no remorse nor is he willing to take responsibility. Due to his actions Mr. Sun nearly died twice. He only survived because he got lucky, then there for Set Byul an accidental and unintended death and finally the money lender. From these the former and later were fully intended to die making him a murderer even if those deaths were done via proxy. Therefore, he must die at all cost but death may be too good for someone like him. He probably needs to suffer for his crimes. In this case the death of his son might end up finally breaking him because he will finally realize that due to his greed he lost the most important thing to him. Either that or Kwang Ill gives him a taste of his own medicine (literally no pun intended) Meaning he gives him one of those pills that he likes handing down to people. Kwang Ill can also take some of those pills. So perhaps we can have the ending of an episode where we know that two drinks have been filled with the poisoned drinks and it ends when we see that a glass has been finished but we don’t know which of the two people involved drank their glass and thus who the survivor is till the next episode.

@monalisa you question has already been answered how Choi Tae Joon was responsible for Setbyuls death. He wasn’t directly involved nor was she the intended victim. But actions have consequences if they were unintended. He planned on probably poisoning Mr. Sun (probably with the same pills that were given to the money lender) so that he couldn’t attend the meeting. When he realized that Miran didn’t give him those. He decided to lure her out and hold her as a hostage or something to that extent so that Mr. Sun wouldn’t be able to make it there. Unfortunately for them Miran forgot her phone back at home and when SetByul saw it she decided to chase after her grandmother to give it to her. Unfortunately, it was at this exact moment that the thugs that were hired by him kidnapped Miran. Setbyul tried to chase after the grandmother but was accidentally hit by a delivery bike (totally unrelated to Choi Tae Joon). Regardless since his goal was met he let Miran go. I do wonder if they ever got that biker. Not that it is important at this point.

@nohamahamoud2002 now to finally try and answer your point that you made. Yes, it probably was a bit harsh to say that Duck did that to Mr. Sun but it is a matter of how one views the situation and under normal circumstances I would also agree that it would be very hard to love that kind of person and you could never love a child by them. But you have to look at it from his context or what happened next.

When he awoke the next day he found her like that and when questioned what happened her response was something like this if I recall correctly. That she didn’t blame him for his actions and if anyone was to blame it was the alcohol and that she wouldn’t try and use this attempt to hold him back or trap him. This totally changes the narrative. This now makes it look like he took advantage of her and that she couldn’t resist him. In other words, he forced himself on her and that she was the victim making him the perpetrator. Her words also probably made him feel thankful that she liked him enough not to press charges against him. While I don’t know Korean Law or K-Drama Law I am well aware of the fact that if she didn’t want to do it with him (regardless of his condition) she could have charged him with said fact atleast in the UK and States (unless that law has been amended) and he wouldn’t be able to use being drunk as a defense. So in my opinion she certainly did that to him. But then again who am I to say such a thing since I certainly am no lawyer. Frankly Law can be very tricky and a matter of perspective so it depends on who can weave it better. Certainly some can argue that since it was consensual by both parties and that nobody forced themselves on the other then it wasn’t that thing and without any witness it may be harder to prove unless someone remembers something etc..

Regardless that is all that I have to say on that topic since it is a bit touchy and all. If someone doesn’t agree with my assessment that is also okay with me. So I will end my post here for the time being. Also good luck to all those people that are still watching this show. On a side note I saw the dad of the Goof Troop in Vagabond. He unfortunately won’t be missed there as he is over here. Take care and good luck.  

Archived