[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

10 hours ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

JE telling everything to DS is just so manipulative I mean girl you’re married let KI be some women be all crazy especially in these dramas!

:angry:Jieun's reason for wanting to stop the divorce: Kwang Il being the older grandson than her husband Minjae means she 'll be below Yoo Jin in rank in the family when Kwang Il marries her. Wow really shallow reasoning. She was already lower in rank as it is so there really is no difference in her position in the family regardless of who Kwang Il marries. She must be having stupid moments from her regular brain function. And the point is she is forgetting,  Kwang Il is not even the real grandson and everyone already knows it!  

She feels inferior to Yoo Jin? because her supposed friend was able to get what she wanted in the past and ended up with Min Jae!  What does she expect to gain from what she did? Talk about crazy  and self-centered women in this drama.

Im Mi Ran should also tell her daughter, Duk Shil the truth that Choi Tae Joon murdered Mr. Hwang and her role in it as well as that of CKI. And if she still does not realize the moral issues involved and still clings to KYW/OTY  and insist on staying on in that house, I can say that she has gone nuts! :crazy:  There is no moral value nor conscience left in her. Irreversibly twisted!

We are currently in episode 82. 18 episodes more to go. 

I said before that I did not want anymore deaths in this drama, but I am having second thoughts about Chae Duk Shil. Is she better dead or committed to a mental institution?

I hope Choi Kwang Il wakes up and realizes that he just put Yoon Shi Wol on the assasination list of Choi Tae Joon and does something to remedy that asap.

Even if Im Mi Ran admits to the crime and goes to the police station, it will be 'he said, she said' between her and Choi Tae Joon. Her testimony will not be enough. They need to prove that it was Choi Tae Joon who had access to the drug, that it was him who bought it. Choi Kwang Il will also need to testify that the drugs was given to him by his father to be given to his birth mother who will be the one to give it to Mr. Hwang.  But I doubt they will be able to file suit for murder against Choi Tae Joon without concrete evidence and the testimonies of Choi Kwang Il and Im Mi Ran, etc.

Setback on the divorce  and remarriage..... what  happens now? are we going to have a repeat of the issues?:huh: Thinking, thinking .....cannot think of anything.

Maybe Yoon Shi Wol should just file a suit for divorce!!! and see what hapens. And maybe CTJ won't think of killing her just yet.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jayakris said:

Translation: DS goes to SW who was waiting for KI at the court-house, and tells her not to wait, because KI knows everything. YW meets MR and argues with her whether she knew what drug it was when she made Mr. Hwang have it. Meanwhile, KI refuses to get divorced from SW, and gets threatened by CTJ who brings up SW's safety, but KI says he will not divorce her, regardless of what happens to her.

Choi Kwang Il from this preview translation has reached a point of no return. He does not care if Yoon Shi Wol dies... 'if I cannot have her then no one can' plus he feels betrayed from the scheming Jieun told him about.  Jieun, if anything happens to Shi Wol it will be on your hands. 

Okay!!! Mi Ran gave birth to two very spoiled and selfish kids. 

I knew she ( DS) wouldn’t let go no matter the story. She is already losing it , it is sad that KYW knows her better than Lim Mi-Ran. My POV Lim Mi-Ran actes like a vindictive person. DS response to doing the same thing is because she is vindictive. She is so selfish and she thinks her husband as a possession not love. TBH I don’t know if what she fees for KYW real but for KII his love for SW is very much real. DS is angry and now a loose cannon. I think DS or CTJ will try to kill SW. Knowing her character makes me worried on how much info she herself can handle. I fear what she will do once she hears her mother is a murderer. 

I really hate the wording of KYW’s question to Lim Mi-Ran. Does her intention really matter in court of Law.  Ironically she will  not font jail for order because no one knows there was a crime. They think he died of a heart attack in his sleep. I have a feeling she will get away with murder in kdrama land because she thought she was just making him sleep. Smh smh smh  THIS DRAMA IS REALLY FRUSTRATING.. I am going to take a break from this drama because I am not liking the direction of this drama. It looks like DS and her mom will enjoy the cushy life Mr Hwang wanted for them. I am jay disgusted by all this. 

PLEASE READ Tag

Spoiler

NOW I BELIEVE SI WOL WILL DEFINITELY GET HURT. Her life will be hanging between life and death.  That is when Kang II will finally wake up. I knew the moment SW and KYW ended up together, he would not let them go. His inferiority towards KYW is just too strong. The problem with KII is that even though he knows his father would kill keep the cushy life they have now. KII only thought of  SW and KYW.  He thought of Jung Hee’s betrayal. All he thinks about is being used . KII thinks being used by his father for murder is forgivable but being manipulated to save a child means nothing to him. He will never understand that if he hadn’t threaten her she would have never decieved him. When KYW was helping get her son back, he had no intentions of getting back together. It wasn’t until DS new attitude towards him that pushed him away from her. Her constant nagging and order on having another child soon afte Set Byul’s death. 

8 hours ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

Can’t believe how selfish KI is becoming I get it he’s hurt because he’s been deceived but I mean seriously you know what your dad is capable of, it’s like saying he’s okay with Ji Min and SW getting murdered like Mr Hwang DS is having a bad influence on her brother! The whole family is so messed up I really want Ki to redeem himself I believe he is able to change but his relatives keep messing it up...

Thank you my friend. I remember that you also felt sorry for Namjun in the other thread. You are objective. Most of us are either for or against :D . you create a balance

52 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Thank you my friend. I remember that you also felt sorry for Namjun in the other thread. You are objective. Most of us are either for or against :D . you create a balance

Ah yes Left Handed wife that was one stressful drama as well! I always try and see a good side, KNJ did end up redeeming himself in the end especially after all the evil things he did. I’m sure KI will redeem himself too unlike KNJ who started with a revenge plan on his mum, KI wasn’t actually a bad person he even wanted to confess to his mum about the switch but SW and his dad in a way brought out a different side to him. It still seems like he hasn’t lost the good in him, but we will just have to wait and see what happens. DS is a lost cause now while KI can still change :sweat:

11 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

My god DS is now seeing SB everywhere why did they bring the little girl back for this.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,83,797593

Today - there was a discussion of SB when YW was talking with DS mom regarding the death of Mr. Hwang.  She told him that CTJ gave her the pills to put in the food for him and since that did not happen, she was summoned and kidnapped .  In the hurry she forgot her phone and SB carried that phone to give it to her which caused her death.  

DS has gone way out to one extreme side and needs some reality check.  SB death is coming back  to haunt or give her information as to who was responsible for her death.  

4 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Today - there was a discussion of SB when YW was talking with DS mom regarding the death of Mr. Hwang.  She told him that CTJ gave her the pills to put in the food for him and since that did not happen, she was summoned and kidnapped .  In the hurry she forgot her phone and SB carried that phone to give it to her which caused her death.  

DS has gone way out to one extreme side and needs some reality check.  SB death is coming back  to haunt or give her information as to who was responsible for her death.  

I mean I figure that I just dont like it!

Wow! the 2 half-siblings are really going berserk. They both have lost it. I don't feel sorry for both of them now. Their parents and both their parents bad deed aside, they are now responsible for their actions. Both have chosen the dark side.

Can't help feeling there will a death - DS or KI. More DS as she is now seeing SB in the preview. 

preview for tomorrow - English sub screen grab

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv130ka7byc0eug/Preview%20episode%2084.mp4?dl=0

What an episode! I swear DS and KI both acting psychotic still have hope for KI, but DS seems to have completely lost all senses... like TY JUST KICK HER OUT!!

Another amazing episode for Ji Min and Grandpa moments they’re so cute together grandpa seems to care a lot about Ji Min and vice versa.. I’m glad that grandpa went to see his grandson TY I really hope with time they will manage to work things out, he seems to be regretting what he did to TY or more like what he told Choi to do! Now that everyone knows the full truth there needs to be some action, TY needs to get yangji group, SW needs to get divorced, Miran and Choi need to get punished!

JE she’s a wicked witch, her friends seems to be nice though. If you’re married you shouldn’t be going around trying to keep your ex love from marrying other people, I mean you got better things to do like looking after your son!

15 hours ago, dramaninja said:

My god DS is now seeing SB everywhere why did they bring the little girl back for this.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,83,797593

KBS' Blurb on Ep 84 (Thursday): 유월과 정희는 장회장이 기억을 잃은 게 아니란 걸 태준에게 들키지 않으려 조심하고, 시월은 진팀장에게 태준이 미란에게 건넨 약의 출처를 알아봐 달라고 부탁한다. 한편, 미란은 한밤중에 맨발로 장회장 집 앞에 서 있는 덕실을 보고 덕실이 이상함을 느끼는데....

Translation: YW and JH are being careful about CTJ not finding out that Chmn Jang has not lost his memory, and SW asks Teamleader Jin to find out the source of the drug that CTJ brought to MR.  Meanwhile, seeing DS standing barefoot in front of Chmn Jang's house in the middle of the night, MR feels that DS is not being normal.

-------

Sorry about the double-negative first line... Just translating as is.  And, seeing Saetbyeol in the preview!  Oh, drama, don't this to us!!!.... That child was the most wonderful thing in this drama and her death is still the saddest thing in the story.  Now you are making us feel sad again, seeing her ghost?

48 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

JM, SB and Hakuna Matada are so much  more intelligent than the adults.:blink:

Must be the latest technology and video games and movies which the adults did not have a chance to see.  It was funny that SH was asking what Hakuna Matata was?  Who in this world has not seen Lion King?  I cannot even count the number of times I have seen it with my kids.  But may be not in Korea since I live in the US of A

9 hours ago, aidaladida said:

Can't help feeling there will a death - DS or KI. More DS as she is now seeing SB in the preview

Why restrict it to one or the other?  

It would be fair retribution for CTJ and MR to live the rest of their sorry lives, without any offspring. And, especially no chief mourner at their funerals.  <_<

I suspect that if the evidence is too weak to establish a case against CTJ, Chairman will step up and admit to everything he and CTJ did.  He will bear witness to CTJ's crimes, which will also implicate himself.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:55 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I totally agree with you, except that KI did want to confess to his mother and grandfather that he is fake, but was stopped by SW who told him she will divorce him, and he has to stay because of JM. He wanted to leave the house with her and JM, but she refused. 

He wasn't bad at the beginning, but he followed his father blindly. He was jealous of TY (so logical)

The beginning of evil started when he sent JM away, but he was wavering later on. He asked SW to be a family again, and later forgave her for her lie, he was ready to continue as JM's dad. 

The problem happened when his jealousy blinded him further and he started wanting Yangji group too.  

But the worst of all is his role in Mr Hwang's death (although he didn't know about the lethal effect of the pills)

So I think he is more stupid than evil. He does have some evil in him, but part of it is blindly following his father without thinking. But he is still responsible for what he does. He is hesitant sometimes. But I tend to believe he is more like Miran (who still has some humanity left), unlike CTJ who is 100 % evil

yes, I am aware of this.  I believe some posts back, I reminded you of this scene :) SW stopped him.  and in her heart, she said sorry to him in her heart.  She said to herself she needs him to be in that position because of JM.  I am not saying that SW is in the right. She knew it was wrong.  She had apologised to everyone except to CTJ for the deception.  To CTJ, she had to keep on pretending that she doesn't know who is the real son\grandson.  

Sorry this is off-topic but not sure who\where to go to ask.  When I was in Korea years back, I bought a bottle of 'fermented water'.  It contains lye.  It is not for drinking and can be hazardous if not handled properly.  Does anyone know the real name of the product?  Cos google search of fermented water throws up healthy probiotic drinks :) :) 

On 10/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, Greta Masalskyte said:

KNJ did end up redeeming himself in the end especially after all the evil things he did.

Kwang Il, though he may redeem himself in the end, I am afraid that it may be too late. Either Yoon Shi Wol ends up dead or badly injured. And please I want to reiterate no more kids gettting hurt or dying. The innocent should be spared from the ugly war of the adults.

I hope Yoo Jin realizes that it was also her fault why Kwang Il did not go through with the divorce. She should not have told Jieun about her and Kwang Il in the first place. They were supposed to be friends and she of all people should know the personality of Jieun. Jieun does not want losing, she always wants to win.  She lost Kwang Il and she won't let  any woman most especially her 'supposed'  friend to be with him. Jieun is another Duk Shil only saner and more objective but subconsciously in love still with Kwang Il. I feel so bad for Park Min Jae.

So I am guessing the reason she married Min Jae is to still be able to  be close to Kwang Il, be a part of Kwang Il's family even as a cousin-in-law.  With the way she just disrupted the filing of the divorce in court, she is one meddlesome person with nothing to do with her life. 

6 hours ago, jayakris said:

KBS' Blurb on Ep 84 (Thursday): 유월과 정희는 장회장이 기억을 잃은 게 아니란 걸 태준에게 들키지 않으려 조심하고, 시월은 진팀장에게 태준이 미란에게 건넨 약의 출처를 알아봐 달라고 부탁한다. 한편, 미란은 한밤중에 맨발로 장회장 집 앞에 서 있는 덕실을 보고 덕실이 이상함을 느끼는데....

Translation: YW and JH are being careful about CTJ not finding out that Chmn Jang has not lost his memory, and SW asks Teamleader Jin to find out the source of the drug that CTJ brought to MR.  Meanwhile, seeing DS standing barefoot in front of Chmn Jang's house in the middle of the night, MR feels that DS is not being normal.

-------

Sorry about the double-negative first line... Just translating as is.  And, seeing Saetbyeol in the preview!  Oh, drama, don't this to us!!!.... That child was the most wonderful thing in this drama and her death is still the saddest thing in the story.  Now you are making us feel sad again, seeing her ghost?

I am following the dear child on instagram to make up for the loss :) 

It is good for DS to lose her mind. She reminds me of Ophelia (but the evil version :) )   her mother's indirect role is the death of her daughter is too much for her to handle

I am only reading the previews now, my heart is aching, and only 16 episodes left, so I can't handle the stress. Thanks @jayakris

Why doesn't KI end up living in the mountains like a monk? It will ease his mind. (He should join Mr Jung)

I don't think SW will die, in the previous revenge dramas the two main characters never die, only the secondary characters died as I remember. So here it is DS and KI, either of them or both

2 hours ago, 10192123sangre said:

Though he may redeem himself in the end, I am afraid that it may be too late. Either Yoon Shi Wol ends up dead or badly injured. And please I want to reiterate no more kids gettting hurt or dying. The innocent should be spared from the ugly war of the adults.

I hope Yoo Jin realizes that it was also her fault why Kwang Il did not go through with the divorce. She should not have told Jieun about her and Kwang Il in the first place. They were supposed to be friends and she of all people should know the personality of Jieun. Jieun does not want losing, she always wants to win.  She lost Kwang Il and she won't let  any woman most especially her 'supposed'  friend to be with him. Jieun is another Duk Shil only saner and more objective but subconsciously in love still with Kwang Il. I feel so bad for Park Min Jae.

So I am guessing the reason she married Min Jae is to still be able to  be close to Kwang Il, be a part of Kwang Il's family even as a cousin-in-law.  With the way she just disrupted the filing of the divorce in court, she is one meddlesome person with nothing to do with her life. 

No need to feel sorry for MJ.  When Jieun proposed to him, she said it was a way for both of them to get revenge on KI.  She also told KI that her family support will elevate MJ status and KI will be left far behind.  KI was indifferent to what she said.  

Archived