[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chingu’s DS is giving me the crazy look. The look she is showing is so scary with wide open eyes.  DS has some nerve to tell Shi Wol not to take it to heart and he is only swayed right now. LoL lol She knows damn well he isn’t swayed but all in already he he he or is it just my wish.  All I could say, wow who are you trying to convince??? If only DS was confident her marriage would have a chance. In the marriage she was content and happy but for OTY he was was only happy with SB. I know DS loved her daughter but at times I felt she didn’t want to share her husband with her daughter.  There was a scene that really touched me. SB was in the living room while everyone was a  sleep. TBh it confused the crap out of me. All I can think of why didn’t she go to her mom and sleep. Instead Daddy came home and found SB siting in the dark. Then they both slept in the living-room to together. SB loves her daddy so much. 

We can all rest assured , that if KI or CTJ try anything OTY will be able to find him. As we can see Jimni called his soulmate OTY. Lol He couldn’t hide anything from his soulmate especially about not having fun learning. He secretly called OTY because he is lonely. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897496a3b90e3ec396eff

I am thrilled that Jung Hee is starting to doubt him and not wanting to hear his lies. Finding out he tried to kill someone, scared the crap out of her. She even tried to find out the maids opinion. 

Later on the maid said he was the devil. O very true. He doesn’t care at all when people die or get hurt. He only care if KI is hurt. I truly hate him. :naughty: Even the maid said he was having a hard time. She said to screen his care taker.  Since he isn’t his grandson he doesn’t care what happens to him.  

FINALLY OTY KNOWS THE TRUTH LOL LOL  I was like hurry up OTY.  You need to know Wae (Why) SW married KI. Smh smh smh  Although I understand why she hid the truth. I think him asking her if she is crazy was PERFECTLY DONE LOL 

Finally!  The two love birds hugging each other and confessing at the end was the highlight of the week. 

Too much conversation that I did not understand, but a father talking to his son was great.  Also, loved how SW assistant kicked TY butt and telling him how he destroyed SW 's life.  Now on to the CRAY called OTY's wife -  She talks about JM and he comes to know that she knew he was her son.  Now we have to be watchful of DK and what she would do to OTY, JM or SW.  

5 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Finally!  The two love birds hugging each other and confessing at the end was the highlight of the week. 

Too much conversation that I did not understand, but a father talking to his son was great.  Also, loved how SW assistant kicked TY butt and telling him how he destroyed SW 's life.  Now on to the CRAY called OTY's wife -  She talks about JM and he comes to know that she knew he was her son.  Now we have to be watchful of DK and what she would do to OTY, JM or SW.  

That pretty silly think for the assistant to say considering what TY being through and what the she know, how dumb.

Preview

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,58,796440

27 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

That pretty silly think for the assistant to say considering what TY being through and what the she know, how dumb.

I did not think it was dumb at all.  Someone needs to spit out the truth to him.  Even though he is the smartest guy, sometimes one cannot see what is right in front of them unless someone spits it out .  She was not being mean or anything.  How can she handle her friend and boss not being forgiven for marrying KI or for hiding the fact that he is JH son.  How did he come back?  Did we all forget that.  

7 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I did not think it was dumb at all.  Someone needs to spit out the truth to him.  Even though he is the smartest guy, sometimes one cannot see what is right in front of them unless someone spits it out .  She was not being mean or anything.  How can she handle her friend and boss not being forgiven for marrying KI or for hiding the fact that he is JH son.  How did he come back?  Did we all forget that.  

He didn't ruin anything since he wasn't the cause of any of this  I just think its nonsense to expect him to know this stuff when SW never speaks up.

No one  spoken up everyone decided to hide things from him thats why it  irritates me.

30 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

IS JM in Vegas?  Is the picture about his bed any indication on where he is in the US.  IS he even in the US since the layout of the room is so similar to that in Korea.  

Even the school uniform Chingu. I thought schools were public in the US. I think the posters were put on the walls just in case someone questions him..

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:
2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Also, loved how SW assistant kicked TY butt and telling him how he destroyed SW 's life. 

On the argument above on this - actually she did not exactly say that he destroyed SW's life.  "Because of you, her life got ruined" is what she said.  Like @dramaninja said, it would be too much for her to say that he did anything in it.  But it is correct for her to say that SW's life got ruined "because of him" - though it wasn't his fault, but SW's own fault.  The assistant's point was that YW should see it the right way.   The "because of you" (너 때문에) is more like "on account of you" here, and it seems TY took it that way, and didn't argue with her... So @angelwingssf is justified too, in loving how she kicked butt :) ....

8 minutes ago, jayakris said:

On the argument above on this - actually she did not exactly say that he destroyed SW's life.  "Because of you, her life got ruined" is what she said.  Like @dramaninja said, it would be too much for her to say that he did anything in it.  But it is correct for her to say that SW's life got ruined "because of him" - though it wasn't his fault, but SW's own fault.  The assistant's point was that YW should see it the right way.   The "because of you" (너 때문에) is more like "on account of you" here, and it seems TY took it that way, and didn't argue with her... So @angelwingssf is justified too, in loving how she kicked butt :) ....

Thanks for clearing that out.  

I am glad the assistant interjected herself and spoke openly about it to YW since SW would not say anything at all.  This misunderstanding would continue for ever.  Aren't we all tired of SW closed mouth.  I am !!  Sorry if anyone thinks that she is doing fine.  She knew YW well enough and she knew he would be angry.  Now that he came back, she should have told him by herself.  But oh well!

I wish someone kicks SW behind too. does the assistant know that YW is Yangji group heir?  She needs encourage SW to talk to her mother in law.  It will be a shock, but a good one since her child is still alive.  I like that Ms. Yang is turning against CTJ.  How does she know IMR ?  Did Ms. Yang also work at Yangi too?

So we have really got to thank the Goof Troop for their meddling. Thanks to Jieun Mr. Sun is 80% closer to the truth. He knows almost everything. He is the real Heir and that he has been switched with Kwang Ill and that Jimin is his son. He just doesn’t know why Shi Wol married Kwang Ill in regards to the later. In other words, finally we get some progress and I would have been really disappointed if Mr. Sun couldn’t have figured out the truth from all that he had learned so far.

Spoiler

Now before I add anything else I wanted to bring up a comment someone brought up @O I think it was that mentioned that the writer seemed to have a bit of amnesia in regards to their story. They brought the following scene as reference. Kwang Ill telling his father not to mess with Shi Wol because she knew the truth yet only a few episodes back Tae Joon was talking about her protecting Kwang Ills secret and that he had revealed said fact to her ages ago (about episode 20 or something like that) yet he seemed to have forgotten about it now. I think this is a case of language misinterpretation on one of our parts.

What I gathered from this is that we have to remember something Tae Joon only revealed part of the truth to Shi Wol back then. This was that he had switched babies back then he didn’t reveal with whom. Since he himself wasn’t aware that Mr. Sun was still alive (he presumed that he was dead in that accident back then). In that sense Shi Wol should have been just aware of said fact. Then he discovers that his grandson is actually Mr. Sun’s Bio Child but even then he could have assumed that all this happened by chance that she was in a relationship with him and then got married to his son since there was no possible way that she could have discovered the truth. Kwang Ill was informing him here that this wasn’t the case since Shi Wol was fully aware of the entire truth something that they weren’t expecting. This meant that messing with her would only cause them problems. Since in the previous case at the most they would have been kicked out but if they had people loyal to them they might have been able to take back the company somehow. But in this case Mr. Sun would not only take his rightful place back in the house but also the company if Shi Wol decided to spill the beans.

Will we finally get the backstory of the maid? I say about time since now we have the Goof Troop on the trail on the rest of the crew. I say that it is about time. Interestingly the maid has given two interesting comments in the last episode.

The first one is that she seemed to find Miran familiar but she just couldn’t place her where she saw her. (since I haven’t watched the earlier twenty episodes or so) did they ever cross paths in said episodes? If not, then I believe I can cover it in my next point.

The second one that she made was that Tae Joon was a monster. (technically she made this one first but let’s not get into technicalities) Granted she kept both these comments to herself.

The question now is why would she make such comments. The only reason for the later could be is that she overheard about him trying to kidnap and perhaps even hurt Mr. Sun and so she realized that he wasn’t a great person and all but could that be all. Previously I suggested a theory that she herself was present at the hospital for some reason when Kwang Ill and Mr Sun were born and she witnessed him switching the babies with Miran. This way we can cover both points. That this is where she first saw Miran (been sometime so she couldn’t fully recognize current Miran) and also why she considers him a monster since he tried to cut off a families bloodline and replace it with his own and now he is suddenly trying to kill of random people etc.. This means that if it turns out that her nephew is actually her son then she may feel justified in revealing him now since she thinks that the real heir is missing thus her blood will be more effective (assuming that she to is the grandfather’s daughter). Regardless of this we can assume that the only person that she is loyal to is herself and not even Jung Hee otherwise she would have revealed all this to her or atleastt the fact that her husband was seeing strange or other women. Her not doing so means that she has her own agenda which is about to be revealed soon.

People have also commented on the Fortune Tellers abilities and that perhaps he should just pack his bags and leave for the mountains since he couldn’t predict the swap or know of all the evil deeds that Tae Joon was upto etc.. I just want to remind people that Fortune Telling isn’t an exact science no matter how good one is. Let’s even assume for a moment that some people are blessed from the Divine and can glimpse into the future. We have to then assume that this gift is always on 24/7 that is. If that was the case these fortune tellers would never have a moments rest. Another example would be is that they picture the future and they mention it to the other party. Said party does something to prevent it then that would mean that they have branched into another future where something else might happen will the poor guy have to inform them of the same thing as well to prevent some other disaster. At best he can get a glimpse of the future but he might not know the exact details so he can give a vague warning of things to come how they go from there depends on them. For instance, when he got a feeling that something bad was going to happen to Mr. Sun he told him to be careful. Over here he just had a feeling but didn’t know how it would play out, Mr. Sun on the other hand heeded said advice and took proper precautions to save his life. It is for this reason he probably couldn’t tell about the baby swap or any of Tae Joon’s evil deeds. Though he knew that Tae Joon was an ambitious guy (perhaps he did have some idea in regards to that). His choice of friendship though can be questioned. But my bigger question is that for someone who has given up the worldly life we have this guy who still has the latest Mobile Phone. Where did he get the money for that? Even if he does need a mobile phone for his daily needs (let’s give him that atleast) one would assume that he would have an older model of a phone. Perhaps not a dinosaur of one like a flip phone but something in the middle considering the time jumps and all. But that is just my opinion.

So Duck is now spying on her husband and threatening Shi Wol like it is her business. I will be more than happy when her husband decides to dump her and get back with Shi Wol or even if he decides to remain alone. She will deserve that and if she ever questions him he can simply blame it all on her mother. let her go and take her mother out first before she goes to try and kill someone else. Also interestingly did anyone notice the threat that she made to Shi Wol. She warned her that the next time she catches Shi Wol with her husband that they are all going to die. She then mentions that he will die. Now we all assume that she means Mr Sun but what if this isn’t the case. Since she never specifies we can also assume that she could mean Jimin. Shi Wol never takes that into consideration because she thinks that there is no way that Duck knows about the truth that Jimin is MR. Sun and her child. I guess it is a good thing that Jimin is hidden away from everyone but at the same time it is equally bad.

I doubt that the Druken Duo will discover the fact why Shi Wol did what she did. Either of two things are going to happen. Either she is going to pass out before she reveals anything or She does reveal everything to him only to find out that he passed out during the conversation so he didn’t hear any of the confession or just part of it. This may be the reason why she is giving Mr. Sun a piece of her mind. In a way both people are correct here. Mr. Sun has every right to be angry and Shi Wol since she never bothered to reveal the truth to him regardless of what her reasons were. As for her friend she to is correct since Shi Wol did everything for Mr. Sun and his revenge even if she lived a miserable life for it so he of all people shouldn’t fully judge her but try and understand her. Let’s see how all this turns out.

I am glad that Shi Wol finally admitted the truth to him though in this case she was forced to do so. Clearly Mr. Sun wasn’t thinking straight because if he ever confronted Kwang Ill Jimin would be hidden so fast that he would be harder to locate.

So since Duck has gotten a hair style change does this mean that Shi Wol should also get one showing that she is about to get serious as well. Or does the style change just apply to the siblings. Speaking of Kwang Ill he is still a deer trying pretending to be a lion. The fear in his eyes when he was confronted by the real lion was amusing to watch.

Overall I don’t have more to add for now. Will wait a few hours till the latest episode comes out before I add something else. Pretty much I feel that it has been an interesting week but we are just at the halfway point. Things should start to pick up now.

So take care till then. Will be back later on.

Archived