[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, jayakris said:

The KBS preview page and blurb came up late, though the preview video was out with the episode - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,97,798483

Blurb: 시월은 병원으로 이송돼 긴급수술을 받는데... 유월은 이대로 시월이 떠날까 봐 불안해하고, 광일은 시월이 걱정돼 몰래 숨어서 지켜본다. 한편, 태준은 광일의 소식을 듣고 광일에게 당장 외국으로 떠나라고 말하고, 유월은 구실장이 있는 곳을 찾아내는데....

Translation: SW gets transferred to a hospital and undergoes emergency surgery... YW is nervous that SW may leave just like that, and KI is watches her in secret, worried about her.  Meanwhile, CTJ hears the KI news and tells him to urgently leave the country, and YW finds out where Mr. Gu is.

So we learn that SW is not dead, at least.  Good!

But will he be arrested and go to jail after those two nitwits made him act worse in the moment? If they thought he was going to do something drastic, they should have brought professional help!

@fragglerock I have no words to counter that lol:lol:. You made a very good point about revenge having consequences. SW was bound to pay the price one day and unfortunately she paid with a gunshot which she doesn't deserve it:crazy:. SW was never a black and white character; she was always in the grey area. 

@nohamahamoud2002 But KI had a lot of chances to make a decision and take a stand. He knew a long time that he wasn't JH real son and the real son is probably out there somewhere. But when he finds out the so-called son is YW, he gets pissed off and doesn't even thing for a second how his own father and mother ruined another person's life because of their greed. 

SW using him in her revenge scheme, Ok it's understandable that he would be mad and pissed off, but you can't blame her for everything that went down the line. Even if CTJ or his own greed to stay as the heir let him down in the wrong path, at the end of the day, he made the call and he should take responsibility for his actions. You can't just take a gun to your head and say "Ohh nobody cares about me now so I'll just die" but change your mind and shoot someone else because she deserved it. At the end of the day, he is no better than his own father. 

It's not about disliking him because of SW and YW. Just because YW knows how to survive because he grow up on his own, doesn't excuse what he went through thanks to these people. I'm sorry to say this but whatever happened from the moment he found out everything and made his decision to hold on to things that didn't belong to him. He made his call so he is paying the price for it one way or the other. 

I apologize if I offended anyone with this post:(. But I'm really done with this guy and his cheap excuses.

@lu09  I disagree in part with what your saying, not completely but in part.  You grew up in a household all your life and knew nothing but that, if you get told your not a part of that alot of insecurities come out of that. Who?  What? When?  Where? How?

He is not a child either, its not as thou a hug or cuddle would make that go away, most of his life to adulthood has been a lie.  Then you have the real son come back and it rubs it in your nose further.  What little you could initially tolerate about being used pushes you further over the edge so its not acceptable, you tolerate as much as you can because you do love them.  But it is like rubbing your nose in it.

You either know, dont know or ignore what your own parents are doing because they are your only lifeline you know, you dont know anything but that.  Its not as though had many supporter to help him either, SW who may of given him chances was one pushing his buttons in the revenge in the first place, trust aint exactly big on her radar at that point either.  It more probably interfered with her revenge and sorting things out with the ex that it did for  his own welfare.

The father you grew up with is a monster, you own wife never gave a damn, your son isnt yours, you no longer have your job, you no longer have a home to go back to.  Whats left, the only exit he can think of, but then the two people who made it all go from bad to hell show up in front of you, its not exactly going to go, "Yes i am guilty, i will turn myself in, turn my life around, lets all hug".

I would be running behind the first tree i could find if i found out they rocked up to sort it out, exxactly att what point recently have they tried with him.  

Not saying what he did was right, but i can understand the extreme he was pushed too.  He may of resented her for it all and at that point his anger with himself is boiling over for going through all that so he would of pulled the trigger and felt guilty in part about it.  But i am curious if they are going to come out sun shine and roses through this.....I hope not.....

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

No..SW told YW to tell the police that it was KI who wanted to suicide and they just prevent it from happening thats why SW has been shot...SW dont want KI to be jailed because she know that everything happen to KI is because of her...

But by the preview, it seems KI doesn’t know this?

I want to praise Choi Seungjae for his best scenes in the last episodes, really at the beginning he was not showing so much emotions as an actor, but in the last episodes his performance was amazing. I am sure going to look out for his works in the future

I think the old Gwanjil is back, from the preview. I am glad that both he and SW apologized to each other. The look of regret on both their faces is the best thing I ever saw until now. I can say that SW knows at last the amount of anguish she caused Gwanjil, and she already regrets it.  The actress Yoon So Yi's scenes with Choi Seungjae are so good. I really praise them both for their performance

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

But by the preview, it seems KI doesn’t know this?

He must know because YW found him and told him she was alive.  And, it was in the hospital that they apologized to each other.

In today's episode, the one with the most succinct line of dialog was the clock in SH's bedroom.:w00t:

These people must be tree stumps because how can they ask why KI did what he did!  Did they skip episodes in the drama, too? :blink:

Exactly as I had hoped would happen, she finally woke up and realised what she had done. OF course the ex is none to happy about letting KI off out of it and I understand that.  But She is right with what she was saying, it was all her fault and she is being punished.

For idiot features ex to say to him after everything dont run away if food hardy he doesnt even like the guy and KI knows this.  But it will be  her remorse for what she put him through that will make him think about things and possibly change his mind.

I still dont think her and the ex make a good couple chemistry is out and I dont like the lead actor......

@lu09  I am not saying that KI is not to blame

I am saying he wanted revenge. It is logical for him to hate YW for two reasons: first, he was SW's lover. Second he came to claim his rightful place.

KI is not an angel. He is going to be robbed of 30 years of his life. I really try to put myself in his shoes. What do I do if I wake up one day and I find my mother is not my mother. My son is not my son. How am I supposed to act? Really I think the easiest way was to commit suicide. I don't say it is right, but it is quite logical. 

Two people did this to him, CTJ and SW. CTJ by switching him with YW, and SW by attributing a son to him that belongs to another man. It is really very silly.

I think if I were in his place I would do either of three things,

1- I would kill CTJ and SW, or

2-  I would commit suicide, or

3- otherwise I would just go to the mosque/church/temple and become a servant there and forget about all the material things in life.  (the most likely choice for me)

How can you judge him when you were never put in the same situation??

it is easy to say this is wrong and this right. But when it comes to real life, it is another story.

and off topic, but I really always feel sorry for anyone trying to commit suicide. He is not a coward. He is desperate. To lose the will to live means that you have been subjected to too much sadness and sorrows that you no longer love yourself or even life. This is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. 

39 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Two people did this to him, CTJ and SW

Correction three people did this. Mi Ran began KII’s torment.  She resented the man who impregnated her and was disgusted by her being pregnant. Ah started all this. SW used him yes  and she was the one who ended it.  If YW was a terrible person he could have been bought from the time the Universe placed him right smack in the company he was supposed to inherit.  So many ways this story could have changed. There are so many if’s.  YW lives up to his mid twenties not knowing who he was.  If his life was never in danger , YW could have loved his life and never known the truth. It was the fact SW had his child and married into the Jang family is when the truth of KII’s parentage would most likely be uncovered.  I see SW’s betrayal is a must and because she isn’t a villain in my eyes . She was ready to pay for her sins. 
i find KII a story pathetic. I see a man who was used and trust me ( we have all been used at some point in life). IT IS OUR CHOICE TO STOP BEING USED. I BELIEVE YOU CAN SEE SIGNS OF BEING USED. THE FACT THAT HE NEVEE SAW THE SIGN IS SAD BUT IT WAS ALWAYS THERE BUT HE CHOSE TO IGNORANT.  HE WAW NEVER STRONG BUT HE WAS RAOSED WITH SO MUCH LOVE BUT WAS SO VERY MUCH INSECURE.  

COMPARE TO MAN ( YW) WHO LOST EVERYTHING WAS STILL ABLE TO MAKE SOMETHING OF HIMSELF ALONG THE WAY. HE HAD CONFIDENCE BUT INSIDE HE WAS STILL THE SCARED LITTLW BOY WHO WAS NEVER LOVED. We saw that broken little boy when he lost his daughter. He has insecurities and he has fears. One of those fears is losing SW. I don’t think YW really cared for his grandfather but has no choice to show him respect because of who he is. 
i stop watching this because I knew it would make me sad.  I came here to speak up for SW.  She is my girl.  She did something terrible and she has always been prepared to pay for her sins. It was always about that. She wasn’t like those other woman who coveted he her children rightful possessions. She lied and used only to give her son what is rightfully his. 

Like @lu09 said. KII has never hated his parents sin. He only hated SW and YW. That is what made me mad too. Why O can’t feel bad for him at all. I am not say he isn’t a victim but it was HIS CHOICES in life that messed him up . I really know for a fact. If he has given up the company, tried to be civil with YW. YW would have accepted him. But KII did horrible stuff even after his mom “ TOLD HIM NOT TO BE LIKE HIS FATHER”. Jung Hee would have remained his mom, if he had not hurt her son. I know he is hurt, upset and doesn’t feel loved. But JH tried to take care of him and made sure he would find happiness. He refused it because he was in pain.  

Everyone seems to forget YW is in pain too. YW grew up without any love, he almost got killed twice and his daughter died.   WHAT DID KII lose??? He lost MATERIALISTIC STUFF MEANWHILE YW lost more than that. I am weighing option and i am still finding it hard to pity him. I am really trying to feel bad for him but I seriously can’t. :tears::tears:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e4f3f444ce6ab74c73

3 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@UnniSarah  He acted wrong, I admit. But who turned him to a monster?? it is the others around him. I mostly blame CTJ and Miran too. I know he made the wrong choices, but remember that "he was more sinned against than sinning" 

I was way for your reply chingu. Very true  

I BLAME HIS MOM THE MOST. She gave her precious son to a MONSTER. She knew he was a monster , when he tried to kill her baby in her womb.  I blame her the most , even though she is greedy, SHE ISN’T EVIL LIKE CHOI TAE JOON. 
@dramaninja ... I agree  SHE WAS PUSHED TO USE KII. She lost her man and her child lost a father. She had to correct the wrong  CTJ did. 

What SW did was her right KI dad tried to steal her son and husband rightful  place she tried to put him in his rightful place and that was the  only way.

The only one who she be blame for this is the dad for his evil actions. KI always try to blame other people but rarely blame the truth cause of all of this. She was push to these extremes because of the dad was she just suppose to standby and let it happen?

What she did was not wrong too me because she was the one who was the wronged first

12 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

What she did was not wrong too me because she was the one who was the wronged first

but this is Machiavellian. You don't correct a mistake by a mistake. Being a believer in the holy books, I consider this as totally wrong. :( 

for me as a person with a conscience, I would not be able to sleep if I do wrong to someone else. It is just not right. SW participated in the revenge game too. What is the difference between her and the others?? she is doing it to correct a mistake?? still it is revenge. and IT IS WRONG

3 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Exactly as I had hoped would happen, she finally woke up and realised what she had done. OF course the ex is none to happy about letting KI off out of it and I understand that.  But She is right with what she was saying, it was all her fault and she is being punished.

For idiot features ex to say to him after everything dont run away if food hardy he doesnt even like the guy and KI knows this.  But it will be  her remorse for what she put him through that will make him think about things and possibly change his mind.

I still dont think her and the ex make a good couple chemistry is out and I dont like the lead actor......

It's the nose.  The lead has a weird nose tip.

Just now, lu09 said:

It's not about disliking him because of SW and YW. Just because YW knows how to survive because he grow up on his own, doesn't excuse what he went through thanks to these people. I'm sorry to say this but whatever happened from the moment he found out everything and made his decision to hold on to things that didn't belong to him. He made his call so he is paying the price for it one way or the other. 

I agree.

In the end, everything is about choices. Choices that we make.

And revenge is not good. Because in exacting revenge on the villains, you not only hurt the people you love but yourself too. There is always a price to pay. So it is really better to forgive or forget..... but we all know this is very hard to do  and highly not possible  so just move on and go forward.  The best revenge is to do better, live better and have a happy life.:vicx:

Archived