[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

@yamiyugi -  you should watch the earlier episodes.  Many of the questions have already been answered.  

JM is the the legal great grand child of the family.  KI was exchanged for the true heir OTY.  It was done by his bio father and his bio mother (who is also DK 's mother).  She must have been visiting the orphanage due to guilt.  

SW and OTY (YW) were boyfriend -girlfriend and was planning to get married.  She was pregnant with JM when she married KII when she found out about the switch and how KI bio father killed YW because he was the heir and because he was responsible for auditing the company books and causing havoc with the financiers.  The company had two sets of accounting books since KI father had set up other financial entities in secret.  

SW was working as a secretary in the same company.  KI fell in love and married her and she married him because she was pregnant and the police could not find his(YW) body after the accident.  YW was heading to a safe place to lie low for a couple of months due to ruckus of the auditing.  DK rescued YW while he was drowning.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@angelwingssf and @joan0528 thankyou for taking time to answer my questions that was extremely helpful. Will catch up on the ones that I missed as soon as I finish watchin The Secret Life Of My Secretary and Her Private Life. Was already in the middle of them so don't want to drop them at the moment.

Though from recent developments from what I am reading Duk Sil is going to get pregnant with the Main Leads kid. This is certainly going to complicate a lot of things for everyone. Well that is if he ends up marrying her otherwise all will be okay. Because the way I see it Si Wols kid won't hold any position if it is revealed that her husband is a fake, and the real son is Tae Yang. This means that his children will get first priority and even though Jimin is his real child a child by a legitimate wife will hold more sway. That means Duk Sil's kid will have more priority than Si Wols.

This of course leads to other issues. if Miran was greedy enough to swap babies so that her kid gets the good life what is she going to do now. Her current son is set to be the heir to the company but her daughter has married the real heir. This really places her in a bind. If she corrects one mistake the other child suffers but she still needs to gain something from all this. How will she go about making both her children rule the company. How many backstabbing's are required in this show will certainly be interesting to watch now.

Hopefully the Second Leads mother and family don't dump him the moment they realize the truth after all none of this was his fault in the first place. Also hope that Si Wol can end up healing his wounds because he certainly needs that. What I feel from watching the only episode that I did is that while she entered the house for revenge she also probably assumed that everyone in that place would be evil and rotten to the core only to discover this isn't the case. She will eventually have to make a choice and I will be interested to see what that will be. 

Anyway take care all of y

14 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Now SW and YW become enemy???

So DK is pregnant then what? Just like DK dont want to let TY take responsibility right but what about TY??...i just hope he marry DK, i want him also to suffer same as what SW did marrying the person they didnot love but the diff is TY marry DK for his child..

Enemy? A battle SW vs YW will be very interesting with painful. I will see this episode with sub. For the child, i think that TY will learn the truh. So DK think that she will hide this from her mother? Lol. Maybe if she go out. I'm surprised that she is pregnant. The writers are devil. suffer as SW?? I'm not sure because TY like  children. He said that he will be a good father

20 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Now SW and YW become enemy???

So DK is pregnant then what? Just like DK dont want to let TY take responsibility right but what about TY??...i just hope he marry DK, i want him also to suffer same as what SW did marrying the person they didnot love but the diff is TY marry DK for his child..

Now that I think about I am glad he has another kid he suffer alot and this could be what softens him up alot.

Sure its not with SW but it still his child either way.  But still it all feels quite odd the timeline is all messed up.

I think SW tells him not to see their son anymore.

13 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Yes he like children, what im trying to say is that while he is married to DK he will learned that mother of DK is one of the people who abandon him in the orphanage and also about Jimin and SW

@dramaninja yes really odd TY having children from diff woman..what is the writer trying to portrait to the viewers???

The preview yes SW told TY not to see Jimin thats why i think now SW and TY/YW will be enemy...

He looked hurt when she said that ,like I said I have no idea what she is doing. She refuses to tell him anything ,or try to clear up anything.

She going to make things much worse in the future.

8 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

He looked hurt when she said that ,like I said I have no idea what she is doing. She refuses to tell him anything ,or try to clear up anything.

She going to make things much worse in the future.

Yep, she is making things worse<_<.....

I'm dropping this and probably will read the posts here when it's almost done..... I don't even know what the writer is trying to do anymore-_-

2 hours ago, serena14 said:

The writer is so stupid to make DK pregnant with TY.. 

I see that many of you are angry with TY and DK pregnancy.  The writer might be doing this for 2 reasons. 1. TY is full of revenge and every time he is with JM - he is a normal person and just calculating otherwise thus getting him off the path of revenge and he would be in trouble once his real identity comes to light. 2. The writer wants to marry DK and TY even though he does not want to be married.  This could cause SW to get off her behind and make some inroads with TY.  Right now she is like a dead character to me.  Just passing around without taking any action.  Even her assistant is thinking straight and SW is just going around the bush.  In the preview for the next episode - I see MIL asking SW if she does not want to have any more kids.  So, maybe she will start revealing something to her?  That would be too soon I think.  Anyway, still watching and see how it moves on.  

15 minutes ago, AaliyaS said:

I have this feeling DK baby might not be TY child. I cant lose hope that the leads will get back together :bawling:

Did they show DK to be promiscuous?  I did not see her that way.  She has been in love with TY for a long time.  But what she did was wrong.  She was the conscious while he was drunk.  He was not in the right mind to make those choices.  IF it was the other way around, they have a different word for that.  

I think it is TY child (this is kdrama ofcourse).  The writer may cause a miscarriage after all the ruckus about him having to marry her and so on and will relieve him from getting attached to her.  

Your hope of having the leads getting back together might not happen soon.  Probably the latter part of the story.  

11 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Highlight for today's episode -  TY agrees to marry DK and fall in love.  No preview yet - but may be posted later.  

So he just going to be in the same place as SW really.This isnt shocking or anything he is not the type  of person who would abandon his child or anything like that,he wants a family too. Now I wonder how SW would react.

We still got a long ways to go with 63 eps.

Preview

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,26,795178

8 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Highlight for today's episode -  TY agrees to marry DK and fall in love.  No preview yet - but may be posted later.  

Fall il love?? TY? He loves her because she ils pregnant.  I predicated that TY doesn't suffer as SW when he learn about child

4 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

So SW give up everything and return the place to YW which means if YW and DK will married DK child will be the successor right? So jimin will be disregarded because he is illegitimate son..i think that was the writer points..remember in todays ep when SW and her mother in law talking about having a 2nd son...

But why? Jimin is only a child now but he is the First son. I undetstand but it's weird. TY is actually no registred into his family bio. So it is not very important. We know that he will become the boss by revenge. Poor jimin. I wonder how the writers are about break to many secrets. Poor SW. It will be dificult. 

what a web we weave - The minute SW saw OTY, she should have figured out a way to find out if he was YW and should have done a DNA test.  SW should have confronted YW and tried to figure out what happened in the last 10 years and staked her claim on him and made sure of JM position in the family and gotten the FIL incriminated and out of the picture.  Instead she just let it be and made it a bigger mess.  

Now, if the truth comes to light, that OTY is the legal heir of Yangi group, DK 's child will be the legal heir.  SW and JM will not even though JM is the first born as he is the illegitimate child.  What is SW searching for in the preview?  The woman that her FIL had a conversation with?  

26 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah looks like TY just wants a family, it was sad seeing him watching them like that 

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/season-of-the-sun-e26.html

He had such a hard life for most of his life in fact I cant get mad at him for wanting to find some happiness.

Me too.  Seeing him watching SW and KI and GM playing must have hit a nerve since he figured out that SW knew he was YW and both of them were hiding behind their facade.  Now that TY is going to get married, SW will have a bigger mess to deal with.  

2 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Me too.  Seeing him watching SW and KI and GM playing must have hit a nerve since he figured out that SW knew he was YW and both of them were hiding behind their facade.  Now that TY is going to get married, SW will have a bigger mess to deal with.  

Wait he knows  that she knows his true identity? SW really is a master of causing her own issues.

To him most likely all she did was reinforce what he thought about her she really dropped the ball hard yet again.

Archived