[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta call it 'kismet'.  The mother, MR, destroyed his life, but her daughter, DS, literally, saved his life. And, they, plus the old money lender, helped him to rebuild his life.

What are the odds?!   But in a daily kdrama, it's the normal course of events! ;) 

watched the subbed episode.  I am glad that the secretary told quite a bit of stuff to JH and also gave her opinion of CTJ and how scary a person he is.  JH now knows the rumor about CTJ and IMR being a couple during those days.  

The merger went through so grandpa, CTJ and KIl are happy about it.  SW first divorce request got rejected.  Mother in law (JH) hears  a conversation between CTJ and KI about JM not being his son.  And JH wants SW and JM out of the house.  I hope she gets the divorce as soon as possible.  

Interesting question KI asked in the preview if TY bio mom will throw him out if he is not her real son? I wonder what her answer will be. Would she get suspicious about his question? 

Mother in law should kick SW out of the house. That's the only way she can get divorce along with JM custody. I have a feeling it will take gramps finding out to make the divorce official. 

Ms. Yang (secretary) has told JE's son that the baby bear is not the real child.  Looks like Ms. Yang might have witnessed something and might have kept quiet.  Now that CTJ has stepped on her toes and is controlling her, she might start showing her fangs through JH and the grandpa.  But is she not aware that OTY looks so much like JH ex- boyfriend.  She seems like a smarty pants - I am surprised that she has not put it together.  

I lost total faith in SW.  I know that she is scared for JM - but she should have been smarter about her divorce with KI.  She should have filled the paperwork and gotten his signature before the merger - but present it after.  I don't know.  She did not have any leverage and so he can change his mind.  Now that JH knows that JM is not KI child, will she make KI get a divorce?  Also, I am curious to hear what her answer to KI question would be.  If he was like JM, would she throw him away?

10 hours ago, tulip06 said:

KI is so petty!  He has become the successor but he's mad TY is showing his love for SW.

And I'm starting to feel so bad for MJ: he needs a decent company of his own too!

I feel Bad MJ too but he is really dumb but. It evil like CHOI TAE JOON. Choi Tae Joon never intended to give him the company. It was a ploy just for them to cooperate with the merge. Actually I think Mj is quiet simple man and dumb like his mother. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897ec0a9671b4993d753e

Jung Hee is seeing a lot new sides to CTJ. I just love how in this particular scene, he uses “ How can he make KI the successor. He will be using this line very often to explain his dirty deeds. Like for KI he had to kill OTY, which will make her feel so much guilt. I am just glad Yang Nam-Kyung told her this particular info about CTJ’s past.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89725d49066cfa895ebe0

Choi Tae Joon is a really Good manipulator. He considers himself as a victim when he made choice to become a victim. No one forced him to be a victim. I do believe Mr Jang should not have mistreated CTJ for all he has done for him and created this monster. I think Mr Jang stilled needs to suffer the consequences. He needs to know about the betrayal and knows that it isn’t good to have a person greedy in nature by your side. The problem is CTJ can’t understand why he was almost kicked out for creating that slush fund. It is because he doesn’t know the meaning of loyalty and neither does Min Jae side of the family. They too don’t know the meaning of loyalty.  I have a question about a scene with Yang Nam-Kyung.  When she found out about Mirin is OTY’s mother in law and to me the expression was so raw. I saw hatred and hmm “ Interesting “ in her facial expression. The actress (Seo Gyung-Hwa) is doing a great job. What do you guys see?? 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8976dcda222a03f7851a9

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

I hope they make SW divorce KI first before junghee find out about CTJ and Miran..i want her to be out of that house before the big revelation happen.

So jimin is safe now YW has somebody looking after him in US only he waiting for SW to divorce KI and get the full costudy of the kid, YW is very considerate of SW, he tell her that she cannot tell junghee and family about YW while jimin costudy is not yet granted to SW, all the circumtances that might happen after the revelation will make SW loss JiMin costudy and that is YW dont want, he wanted SW to take full costudy of Jimin first then after that he will reveal whi he really is...

From the looks of the preview, JH, TY mom follows them and finds them talking in the park. Now she is absolutely suspicious. I hope the divorce goes through and she gets complete custody of JM before things blow up.

I'm glad TY found JM and put someone to follow and protect him. Looks like TY is up to something to make them give up on SW and JM considering the fact that he exposed the fact that he knows JM is his son. Hopefully it works out.

8 minutes ago, lu09 said:

From the looks of the preview, JH, TY mom follows them and finds them talking in the park. Now she is absolutely suspicious. I hope the divorce goes through and she gets complete custody of JM before things blow up.

I'm glad TY found JM and put someone to follow and protect him. Looks like TY is up to something to make them give up on SW and JM considering the fact that he exposed the fact that he knows JM is his son. Hopefully it works out.

I am glad he is making trouble now  put all of these fools on edge.

6 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Do we have details for tomorrow’s preview?

Preview  TY mom seen CTJ and his MIL together opps!

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,60,796582

Google Translate :

TY went into the house even though Jeong-hui's currents are going to eat together with Jang-jang-jang, Jung-hee.
On the other hand, Gwang-il, who sees three people together, can't stand his anger, and TY stimulates Gwang-il to raise Jimin himself.

40 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

oh, I swooned when TY said he would take all SW’s burdens. I thought she takes enough slaps, he should save her some stress somewhere now.

Yeah I did too!!  Pretty caring and considerate.  HE is that way with everyone.  That is what I like about him.  Also he made sure someone is watching JM.  So, he is giving so much confidence to SW.  What did we soompiers advise SW - to go spit it out to YW long time ago when KI punched TY.  TY asked SW what the problem was and SW told him it was a husband wife problem.  IF she had told him then, he would have helped her take care of the situation instead of going through this problem in a round about way and he could have had different feelings about his mother and grandfather and SB would not have to have died and JM could have had a baby half sister .  But then JM would have been take care of by DK and SW did not want that.  This way, DK and TY will have to divorce once the revelation about his mother in law comes to light.  

10 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

I think TY already plan ahead, he already predicted that KI will not give up SW and jimin of course for KI own sake...This time TY is the one who will claim the paternity of Jimin, its like he will corner KI or something like that, thats why he boldly talk to his bio mother and enter the house in order for KI to give up his rights over jimin

I loved how he was talking to JH (so non chalant) since he knows she is his mom and how she was huffing with anger.  HE was like  -  "I like this house - don't know why?  If you selling I will give you a great price " and got her all steamed up.  I don't know if fetuses remember sounds where it is growing?  Also, he was so brave to go to grandpa and talk (don't know what) and egg KI and got him riled up.  Well, look forward to tomorrow's episode.  

9 hours ago, monalisa said:

I think IMR is stupid to tell her daughter that TY has a son with SW. DK's mind is slowly becoming unhinged and knowing about TY's son will push her over the edge. Even if DK has a right to know, the timing is not right.

She is very unhinged. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8971a1fa6ebec8236eb2a

He is trying so hard to protect her from this knowledge but she won’t give him a break. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8971a1fa6ebec8236eb2a

Sadly I think that DK  will protect her and defend her mom once she finds out

the truth. Will she go crazy , yes and be mad at her mom but will get over it but on ne she finds out that her mom was actually kidnapped by CTJ which resulted in her daughter’a Death how will she respond. How will KI feel she je hears his father caused his niece’s death @joan0528

KBS preview of Ep 61 (Wednesday) - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,60,796582

Blurb: 정희의 만류에도 집으로 들어간 태양은 장회장, 정희와 함께 식사를 하게 되는데.. 장회장은 평소와 달리 능구렁이처럼 구는 태양이 수상하다. 한편, 함께 있는 세 사람의 모습을 본 광일은 화를 참지 못하고, 태양은 지민이를 자신이 키우겠다며 광일을 자극하는데....

Translation: Despite JH dissuading him, TY went into the house, and ends up having a meal with Chairman Jang and JH.  Chmn Jang finds it odd that TY acts unusually sly like a snake. Meanwhile, just as KI is unable to hide his anger at seeing the three people being together, TY provokes KI by saying he will raise JM.

Sounds like fun, in the next episode.  The video shows JH asking CTJ how he knew that she had seen MR, and then JH seeing them together.   Excrement is really beginning to hit the fan!!

By the way, an unrelated question.  Where is this "Fairfax school" they talk about, where JM is?  Fairfax, Virginia?  Is there a real school that is famous, or did they just make it up?

Archived