[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

I cant believe in this drama they slapped SW 3times already haha..1st KI  2nd MIL and now 3rd for the preview its DS...how many time she will accept the slap until she will wake up and stand to do the right things...

She just shrugs off their pathetic slaps  

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Could be this scene @jayakris

Not yet in this scene. His threatening of SW may be following this scene.  Here SW was trying to confirm that she would get full custody of JM, and asking how her MIL will allow it.  CTJ said all SW had to do was to say that JM was not KI's son.  Then what about the DNA test, asks SW.  CTJ casually says it is no problem for him to get a fake DNA test also.  Then the assistant runs in saying that TY is opposing the merger.

57 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Not yet in this scene. His threatening of SW may be following this scene.  Here SW was trying to confirm that she would get full custody of JM, and asking how her MIL will allow it.  CTJ said all SW had to do was to say that JM was not KI's son.  Then what about the DNA test, asks SW.  CTJ casually says it is no problem for him to get a fake DNA test also.  Then the assistant runs in saying that TY is opposing the merger.

I just watched the episode.  Yes, CTJ does tell her after this scene (which we see only in SW's flashback before meeting TY at the lake in the park).  He tells her that his offer to let her get a divorce and leave with JM is all contingent on the merger.  She has to get TY to back off, or she might well not see JM ever again, he said.  "Not see, JM?" asks SW.   CTJ:  "Well, JM may never be given back to you, I mean".  That is a hint that JM is basically a hostage under his control.   She later asks TY at the cafe, in somewhat of a non-pushy and unconvinced way, to not go ahead with his objection to the merger.  "Jimin... Because I'm worried for Jimin", she says.  I guess the conversation continues in the next episode.

45 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

@angelwingssf if TY has the recorder of CTJ and Miran conversation then he will also hear them saying that SW know everything about the switching and threatened them and also about jimin right?? Dont tell me the recorder only talks about KI being their son??..but maybe that part will reveal later as of now TY only hear about KI being CTJ and Miran son..

No, the recording does not give the switch details.  It does have CTJ saying "KI is our son, you know.  The son you gave birth to".  That is all. 

3 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I just watched the episode.  Yes, CTJ does tell her after this scene (which we see only in SW's flashback before meeting TY at the lake in the park).  He tells her that his offer to let her get a divorce and leave with JM is all contingent on the merger.  She has to get TY to back off, or she might well not see JM ever again, he said.  "Not see, JM?" asks SW.   CTJ:  "Well, JM may never be given back to you, I mean".  That is a hint that JM is basically a hostage under his control.   She later asks TY at the cafe, in somewhat of a non-pushy and unconvinced way, to not go ahead with his objection to the merger.  "Jimin... Because I'm worried for Jimin", she says.  The conversation continues in the next episode, I guess.

Little by little we getting somewhere  .

These monsters keep using a child as a weapon.

15 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

As I previously said, TJ and MR has to lose a child, in order to experience the pain of losing a child.  Best bet is that KI has to die.  Then, they'll both feel the pain.  (Killing two birds with one stone.)-_-

In order to save JM - KI needs to die to feel the pain of losing a child - that too a hit ordered by TJ.  

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

if TY has the recorder of CTJ and Miran conversation then he will also hear them saying that SW know everything about the switching and threatened them and also about jimin right?? Dont tell me the recorder only talks about KI being their son??..but maybe that part will reveal later as of now TY only hear about KI being CTJ and Miran son..

@jayakris already responded.  They don't talk about the switch , but just that he wants TY to not hinder the merger.  And the fact that KI is their son.  

@Auntie Mame- Where are you by the bay in California?

I really feel that KI's motives for revenge are different from his father:

The father hates the whole family who treated him as a dog. He wants to take over everything because he believes it is his right after working like a slave (I compare him to Jo Aera in Left-handed Wife).

On the other hand, KI used to love his mother and grandfather. The problem for KI that he wants revenge against SW and TY because he believes that SW betrayed him. His motives for revenge are totally different. He doesn't have a grudge against his mother and grandfather, but his problem is with TY. He feels that TY robbed him of his place as a grandson, as father of JM (whom he doesn't hate) and lover of SW. That's why it is him vs TY only. Unlike his father who keeps claiming what doesn't belong to him. For KI, it is jealousy that is moving him.

For me the father is the bigger sinner because he put his son in this family by force. KI was a victim for the first part of his life before knowing he is CTJ's biological son. When he learned the truth, he had a chance to say it but he didn't because he was weak. This was his problem. When he learned that TY was still alive he started suspecting SW then learned that JM isn't his son. In my opinion, he should have divorced her, although it is hard but it was better than what happened to him later on. He lives in a big lie, but then his devilish father is egging him on. Later on he was used by his father to achieve his father's revenge against the whole family, while KI was thinking only about his revenge against SW and TY. KI is emotional so he will make mistakes, unlike his scheming calculating father

So like Namjun in Left-handed wife (who was used by his mother), KI is used by his father. I am not saying he is good, but I believe he is a toy in the real devil's hand. 

@jayakris  I know you are objective so I hope you tells me your opinion

I find KI an interesting character in all his complexities. His motives are mixed. But I admit he turned evil now, although he is a bit different from his father who lost his humanity long ago. For me KI is driven by feelings of jealousy and disappointment. He is totally blinded by hatred now. I think he will continue like this till the end. I may miss some points, so forgive me (I skip some episodes because the amount of evil is too horrible for me to watch).

My friends, if you welcome my analysis, I can drop by from time to time to give my opinion, because it is exhausting to focus on the motives of characters. I know for most of you, it is easier to say that a character is either good or bad, but for me there is a grey part in each person, this grey part is what attracts me. The actors who play these roles exert a tremendous effort, a double effort to reflect many mixed feelings. I hope you get my point. 

For me DK and Miran are also grey characters. KI turned from grey to black, but I am sure the writer will throw some moments of the old KI now and then. Luckily I am not a fan of actor Choi Sung-jae (KI) so I won't defend him :)

I really hope that this time Shi Wol tells Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Young the truth and ask for his help to get Ji Min back and to keep him safe (get him from where he is abroad and hide him from Choi Tae Joon and Choi Kwang Il. The nerve of these people, taking what is not theirs. I hope the writer punishes them in this drama big time! Duk Shil on the other hand is a collateral damage, however I hope she does not do anything bad like her mother.  Losing Set Byul was a punishment (karma). I hope she and her mother realizes this before it is too late. As it is now her mother is still being greedy and not repentant of what she did many many years ago. 

14 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

So like Namjun in Left-handed wife (who was used by his mother), KI is used by his father. I am not saying he is good, but I believe he is a toy in the real devil's hand

@nohamahamoud2002 KI has been used his entire life because it is his fate. He is supppsed to pay for both his parents sins. I also think KI may never have kids because CTJ refuses correct the wrong he has committed. DS is also paying for her mom’s sin. OTY saying he doesn’t want any kids . MiRan has the actual nerve to tell her child to do what is necessary because she can’t live without him. Smh smh A pissed off Choi Tae Joon 

Choi Tae Joon upset that SW dares to cut off the CHOI FAMILY LINE WHEN IT IS THE UNIVERSE DOING IT MIRAN’S SHOCK AT HER SIL NOT WANTING ANY CHILDREN 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897efdd822435a033ba12

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8972fc607ca9f3684414d

I am thinking the same thing @joan0528 I only wonder will he and SW team up in the time jump or will they be be apart??? 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8972fc607ca9f3684414d

46 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@nohamahamoud2002 KI has been used his entire life because it is his fate. He is supppsed to pay for both his parents sins. I also think KI may never have kids because CTJ refuses correct the wrong he has committed. DS is also paying for her mom’s sin. OTY saying he doesn’t want any kids . MiRan has the actual nerve to tell her child to do what is necessary because she can’t live without him. 

Well this is one difference I may have with you because of my cultural background. According to my belief "No burden- bearer can bear another's burden.". It means that no one pays for another person's sins. Everyone is responsible for his own deeds only. @lu09 might get my point. If I apply it here, KI doesn't have to pay for his father's sins, he will only be accountable for his own deeds. And of course he did choose to be evil, he had a chance to make a different choice but didn't use it. That's his biggest sin in my opinion, that he chose evil over good

E55 preview blurb for today's episode that is about to air:  덕실은 지민이 태양의 아들이라는 말에 이성을 잃는데.. 태양과 함께 있는 시월을 보고 다시 태양을 만나면 가만두지 않겠다고 경고한다. 한편, 시월은 태양에 관해 묻는 정희에게 태양의 유년 시절 이야기를 해주고, 태양은 미란에게 자신의 생모에 관해 묻는데....

Translation:  DS is beside herself about JM being TY's son.. She sees SW with TY and warns her that she won't tolerate it if SW is to ever meet TY again.  Meanwhile, when JeongHui asks about TY, SW tells her of his childhood story, and TY asks MR about his birth parents...

37 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Well this is one difference I may have with you because of my cultural background. According to my belief "No burden- bearer can bear another's burden."

I also think the same way.  I hate it when Kdramas show people being made to take blame for others' actions.  In fact it is even worse.  They make people take blame for things that are completely coincidental.  Like, for instance, DS yelling at her mother about leaving to meet CTJ on the day SB died.  Then MR telling CTJ that it was he who caused the death.  Neither of them had anything to do with the death, which was caused by DS not watching the child and letting her run on to the street.  The bike guy is the real one to blame here.  DS also blames her mom for forgetting the phone, as though she did that on purpose for the child to get killed.  Come on...  This approach of needing somebody to blame for everything that happens, pervades Kdrama characters.  Not sure if it is cultural, but it just bugs me to know end....   

And to your question earlier, @nohamahamoud2002, I never found anything to dislike KI, till the recent episodes, and even now I find his actions the most natural things that most human beings would take. I don't root for him because he is standing in the way of the two leads I like, that is all. But now he may be turning evil and is no longer in my good books.  By the way, I notice that KI shows some disapproval on his face about much of what his dad is planning.  He is going along, but I think they are giving hints that KI may turn the tables on his dad at some point.

5 minutes ago, jayakris said:

By the way, I notice that KI shows some disapproval on his face about much of what his dad is planning.  He is going along, but I think they are giving hints that KI may turn the tables on his dad at some point

Yes KI  disapproved his father's deeds but he is still going along for a different reason, that's to avenge himself on SW for deceiving him about JM's parenthood and about knowing that TY is alive. 

I am curious about KI when he discovers that DK is his half-sister and Miran his mother. Did you notice that he is Seatbyol's uncle?

8 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Highlights for today TY already done DNA between him and his mother (it was mr.jung who gave the cup of tea which junghee use.)SW told his MIL everything about TY including his rral name...for the preview Junghee meet TY and ask him to let the merger happen TY should not disapprove about the merger and junghee asking this for TY as a mother of KI which lead to TY feeling heartbroken..if im not mistaken in the preview i think TY tell SW that he will not going to disapprove with the merger and also he will give up everything (revenge againts yangji)...poor TY need to suffee and give up everything for his mother and family which he didnot know since young..

Just like my guess is correct there is going to be a time jung again..

I THINk so, about a time jung, there will be a young  adult JM,  i hope that SW and JM will meet in USA, she need her child.

Maybe a new woman wil come for KI, he'll be maried

I don't think that SW and TY will be together now, maybe after poor TY

2 hours ago, joan0528 said:

Why do i feel that there is another time jump in this sftory? We still have 40+more episode to go and TY knowing his identity and fighting with them to take yangji will not take up the 40+episode unless the writer will sliw down the story...if there is a time jump it will be more interesting, SW planning to reorganize the group again while jimin become much more adult,, TY planning for anothet attack to take back what is his knowing his true identity...

KI marrying another woman and jiwook become much bigger also and now a threat to both choi..

Actually, I think, starting from 1970 when YW/TY was just conceived (the young JH wasn't showing the pregnancy yet, in the first episode) and going through 1997 with the YW murder attempt, and 1998 when JM was born, and then 2007, and an advance to 2008 and then another 3 years or so, I think we are only at about 2011 or 2012 now... with JM at about age 14.  There are still about 7 years to reach 2019.   So the writer has the flexibility for more time jumps (the drama time jumps rarely go beyond the current date).  But I don't think it will happen till right at the end because the actors are already looking quite young for their ages.  Like, SW is about 39 or 40 now, just about the maximum age that is acceptable for her looks (YSY is actually 34).  They wouldn't want SW showing streaks of grey hair and still in a romance for too many episodes.  But it may happen in the final few episodes.  Probably no more than a year or two jump in the next 45 or so episodes (we have 48 to go).  Would be fun to see JM come back at age 21 with a college degree from the US right at the end, with his dad and mom around 47 and 48 and with some streaks of grey hair though.  Just my guesses.

Why TY's mother can't know the truth about her son? Maybe she would stop the merge and kick out her husband for lier and greed. Why TY must suffer alone? What is waiting SW for telling TY that JM is his son? Well, we have 54 more episodes for reveal all this.

Archived