[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

7 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Count me out. I can't take it anymore :bawling:

I was surprised that they had SB for so many episodes (  I did not see SB information on Asianwiki.com site for this drama. ).  They even have mentioned young JH and CTJ who come and go occasionally and they have mentioned them on the site.  

IT was sad to see the funeral and TY standing numb at the funeral home.  Losing a child is not something any one should go through.  I hope JM will be safe.  Now KI is showing his fangs to SW and hope SW gets some guts soon.  I am tired of seeing her believing everything each and every scum tells her (CTJ, KI and JH).  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lesson being taught to all characters in this drama:

The pain of losing one's own child.

In using a child to fulfill their greed and selfishness, they have ignored the pain of a parent losing a child.

So, there should be more deaths to come because there are still nasty characters that need to feel this pain.

Thank you to everyone who provides the tidbits of each episode since I am just reading your comments. :D

58 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Lesson being taught to all characters in this drama:

The pain of losing one's own child.

In using a child to fulfill their greed and selfishness, they have ignored the pain of a parent losing a child.

So, there should be more deaths to come because there are still nasty characters that need to feel this pain.

Thank you to everyone who provides the tidbits of each episode since I am just reading your comments. :D

@Auntie Mame, ditto!! taking a break from the daily grind  of K-drama,  need to re-charge.

Chingu's on this thread, thanks!!

Just got around to watching today’s episode, honestly heartbreaking although I’m not DS biggest fan I felt really sorry for her can’t imagine the pain of loosing your child. But the worst is for TY he seemed truly heartbroken he lost everything he loved the most first it was nearly his life then seeing the women he loves marrying to his enemy’s family, then marrying a women he doesn’t love and then loosing the one person he loved and adored dearly his daughter. I knew it from the start that his child will somehow now survive ever since DS found out she is pregnant as they had to create an opening for unleashing TY full revenge and allow him and SW be together.

SW and TY already seem to be getting closer especially in that last scene she hesitated at first but she couldn’t help but embrace the love of her life when he is grieving, I do not think he would’ve allowed DS to be near him while he’s grieving. SW crying also shows the deep connection she has to TY and how horrible she feels about what has happened.

KI absolutely hate him! Now he is going around taking her passports that’s theft I mean it’s not his! His attitude is also disgusting the way he spoke about getting rid of Ji Min like it was nothing was honestly sickening just to shut SW up.

KI mother is also horrible I mean it’s a past boyfriend you can’t force feelings she should know this better than anyone. What an absolute contradiction especially since she married a guy she didn’t love either and was in love with her past boyfriend but no one treated her horribly or taken away her son!

Mirin can not stand her made me angry when she lied to Ji Min about TY last episode, but the way she’s keeping so many secrets and still communicating with that idiot is unbelievable! I guess that was her karma...

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

No reason the MIL should not tell TY everything now she needs to repent for her sins.

Hello everyone

@dramaninja She does need to repent but she won’t because she doesn’t want her daughter to lose TY. TY will leave her once he finds out and DS just lost Set Byul. DS is going to find out about the switch soon. Since losing her daughter, she too will work hard to keep TY by her side forever.  If she were to tell TY the truth when she finds out I would

appplaud her and believe she truly loves him. If she keeps it to herself, then I will be  extremely pissed off.   

18 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

She cannot force TY most specially now that TY suspected his MIL involvement in SB death, if he discover that his MIL last talk to chairman choi his doubt will be double and start to dig more..actually its Miran and DS fault why SB died, hiw come a mother leave her child alone while talking to a friend for a long time in their room, why not talk in front of SB, that the only work she nees to do in the house to take care of SB but she didnot do it right...

@joan0528 I have not seen today’s episode with subs yet. I felt the same way , when I saw DS goes to get her phone. Instead of going back SB. She sits there and talk to her friend on the phone. I was like why would you leave you five year old all by herself. This is the age when they should be supervised. Same thing happened in the morning, she walks out of the house all by herself to give her daddy a kiss. Smh smh smh All them people in the house are slurped in raising a child. She was so adorable and I really wanted her to live. :tears::tears:

Will come back to vent after watching subs. 

I was hoping that Se Byul wouldn’t die. But it looks like the writer is trying to separate TY and DK. TY is suspicion in the next episode hopefully, he will finally figure out what MIL did to him. 

Chapter 51 was truly sad. I felt so bad for TY and to see him lose his daughter was truly heartbreaking. TY looked lost in the last scene and i just loved the way SW held him. SW held him like he was the most her precious person in her arms. The last scene touched me and I swear I started to tear up. 

I was touched and glad to see TY’s aunt, grandfather and mom sincerely felt bad for his lost. I am afraid that TY maybe also think the grandfather was involved in the accident which he wasn’t. 

KI ans Ji Eun would have made the perfect couple. A child dies and she choses to be the bearer of bad news just to get a reaction from SW.  SW is a smart woman and held it in.Ji Eun dying to know how she feels hearing about SB’s death. KI couldn't wait to brag at the fact that TY has lost it since losing his daughter. He was so disgusting in this episode. He didn’t seemed sad at all. KI is truly CTj’s son. Both are so happy to have won Shimmi Food votes. KI had his suspicions but chose to turn a blind eye to thae fact that SB died on the day of the votes. It wasn't a coincidence but a fact. It was the only way they could win. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897aac6e7714131bf4d4d

I found it very funny that CTJ and his assistant actually believe it isn’t their fault. But it is their fault and the assistant even mentioned SB was chasing after grandmother. CTJ is a greedy son of you know what, laughing at his win. He is so happy but forgot Miran is an obstacle he can not ignore. I think the fact that Miran loves he daughter her mouth will remain shut. WHich make it another character I find disgusting. I hope there is no more. 

DS was left alone to mourn Set Byul meanwhile TY is alone at the Columbarium with no one trying to convince him to leave or eat but they all are working hard on making sure DS eat.  It upset me because TY is just as important.TY has been there for days grieving and he needs something to push him to want to live again. Hopefuly SW gives him that. 

His ( Kim Yoo Wol) real Family was sincere in his lost. That made me happy

Spoiler

Before I get into one of my long posts I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me. (preferable someone that knows or understands Korean) My question is in regards to the maids’ relative. Previously the relative was referred to as her niece (atleast whenever Shi Wols MiL talked about her) but her father (the grandfather) referred to the relative as her nephew. So my question now is what is the correct translation. Right now I can come up with the following things. a. Translation error on the subbers part b. Both are correct. By this I mean that she hasn’t been telling either party the truth. Not unsurprising. So in this case she has told the rest of the family or atleast the MiL (since her husband doesn’t seem to know much or care about the maid) that she has a niece but to the grandfather she has told him that she has a nephew. Though this still leads one to question the accuracy of the subs or the intelligence of said characters. The reason why this doesn’t make sense fully is because the MiL specifically told her father that the maid was planning on purchasing another house for her niece yet even after this he asked her about her nephew which I find odd.

Spoiler

The only other explanation that I can come up with is that he knows the truth to some extent. People have been wondering if he goes on dates with the secretary so could said person actually be his child. While others speculate that she is his daughter. I am one of the later. While I did assume the former for a moment I thought of better of it. That would be extremely disturbing to think of a man dating someone as young as his daughter. If this was a period drama it might not be so odd but since this is in modern times I assume that they wouldn’t go that route as it would be disturbing to many viewers. In this case I assume she is like Nam Joon in the previous drama. She lived with her mother who eventually passed away. But before she did she revealed to her who her father was. She then heads over to his place and takes the maids job just to get revenge on him and his family for abandoning hers. The grandfather wants to keep her close because she reminds him of her mother for some reason and he probably loved her (or as close to one as he could). Probably also the reason why he tends to gift her those expensive things. I doubt that he has run a DNA test on her secretly. But if he has it would be sort of interesting to discover the reactions of the people around. She thinks that he doesn’t know about her and care for her and thus wants her revenge only to discover that wasn’t the case.

As for the identity of the relative let’s refer to them as MPX (Mysterious Person X) for the time being till it is revealed. To be honest while I can see their importance I don’t consider them to be a major threat for Yangji Group. We know that she has been secretly purchasing shares in that company under assumed names and all. This will probably come into play during the Succession Wars. Then as a majority shareholder she can reveal her relative as a potential candidate for succession. Perhaps even reveal that he has the grandfathers blood to further ensure their positon in the company. But regardless of this I don’t see them as a major threat. Sure for the short run and all. But not in the long run. Simply because if they were qualified then we wouldn’t be shown that they require another house and that the maid has to purchase one for them. If they were successful, then they would have gotten one on their own. Though let’s be honest as of now only Mr. Sun seems to be qualified from all the people that we have been shown. His cousin seems to be just as incompetent as Kwang Ill. His only saving grace is that he works under his father so he can’t do much damage of sorts. Kwang Ill has been shown that he is equally dependent on his father to come up with ideas to help him look good. If this trend continues it seems the same for the maids relative.

Karma is really striking all these people one by one. I kind of enjoyed it especially happening to Tae Joon when he discovered that his grandson wasn’t really his. Not that he learnt anything from that. I found it equally amusing that he was so angry at Shi Wol for doing something like that when he did the exact same thing with his wife. So no I still don’t feel bad or even sorry for him. Call me coldhearted if you want.

Then we have the writer doing something right they killed off Set Byul. A person who was so evil that she needed to die. (just in case someone can’t tell I am being totally sarcastic here) still I wonder did the writer really need to go that route. Some were wondering if the kid had some illness and then Jimin would be revealed as he would be a match for her and thus his identity would be revealed to Mr. Sun and family. This way Set Byul could have atleast survived. But no the writer had to take the extreme route. They probably thought that this would simplify things down the way allowing the OTP to get back together without any complications. But I disagree. I think it would have been the sign of utmost love between the two if Shi Wol were to accept his daughter as her own (even when she is aware of the truth) Plus Jimin could get his wish for having a sibling. A shame that he couldn’t spend much time with her before her tragic fate.

Unfortunately, this incident is going to drive Duck over the edge. We know that she was confident that she could keep Mr. Sun with her due to having a daughter but now that she is gone she has no hold over him. Meaning that she is going to do extreme things just to keep him. Incidents like this can get couples together but this will just make them separate faster. I also feel like she will be the next person to discover the relationship between him and Jimin and she will keep it to herself.

Speaking of Jimin I really think that Shi Wol made a mistake in letting him go. She knows that her husband knows the truth so there is a chance that he can harm him or hurt her yet she let him go. On top of all this she had no say in anything regarding his education. Such as where he would go or study or even where he would live. At this point she should have put her foot down as his parent and have the final say and either left with him or prevented him from going. Then we had the incident where they hid her passport to prevent her from going. She atleast did the smart thing to reapply for a new one. Too bad that Kwan Ill discovered said fact. But now that she has it back she should play it smart and leave him.

What I mean by this is that she should take the following steps to go to him. I mean hasn’t anyone found it a bit odd that she has no contact with her son ever since he left for the States. The MiL seems to be the only one that is in touch with him. Why can’t she as the mother do the same. They are clearly preventing her from even talking with her kid and vice versa. Probably trying to fill his mind with the fact that she doesn’t love him or doesn’t want to contact him etc so that he wouldn’t stay close to her. But this probably also means that she doesn’t know where he is staying as well. Thus what she needs to do is first find out where he is living. Then after this is done she needs to send someone that she can trust to keep an eye on Jimin. This part is essential (though it can easily be combined with the first). Once this is confirmed pack her bags and secretly leave for the States and join him. It helps that she can travel freely because she has her passport back. As for the reason why she needs to send someone before her is simple. We know that Kwang Ill and his father will do their best to ensure that Shi Wol can’t be with her son so the moment they discover that she is missing. since it takes a few hours to reach the states. According to our friend Mr. Google it would take her about 14 hours to arrive at Fairfax (where Jimin is supposed to be). Her being missing for that many hours would clearly raise Red Flags for those two and they would have Jimin moved to some other location. This would fail if she would have a person watching Jimin thus said person could inform where he had been moved to. Unfortunately, she doesn’t seem to be as smart as I was hoping so I doubt that she will think about doing this.

Now to the matter about the Goof Troop. Don’t know if I should feel sorry for Jieun’s kid or find it amusing that he has been traumatized in regards to music to the extent that he poops in his pants. Though I have to point out that this condition suddenly popped up out of nowhere. Yes, I get it the maid sacred him to such an extent that this happens. Unfortunately, the writer messed up in their continuity. Remember a few episodes back when his grandmother called over the maid to her shop and forced her to sing so that the kid could overcome his fear of the song. Well if the condition was so serious then he should have been pooping like crazy at that shop. So unless that incident further triggered his condition to his present one I find it odd.

Tae Joon and his son are just plain despicable. Holding a little kid as hostage. Not only that but Tae Joon is an idiot if he thinks that he can get rid of the rightful people in that house. He needs to eliminate both mother and son if he wants his son to sit on the throne. But even then he isn’t safe because Shi Wol has smartly revealed everything to her friend. Her friend is currently remaining quiet because she thinks that Shi Wol will solve matters on her own. But the moment anything happens to her ie death even by an accident I can see her revealing everything to Mr. Sun and telling him that it is now his turn to avenge Shi Wol and protect her just like she did for him back then. So in other words Tae Joon is only shooting himself in his own feet. As of now he can’t keep those two alive since Jimin as the rightful heir can always come and claim his dues. This means that as soon as Shi Wol is out of the picture. Kwan Ill needs to marry someone new and get another kid. Wait could he be forced to marry him to the maid’s niece this way she stays quiet and also gets her revenge on said family. That will be funny. (but she manages to blackmail him so he has no choice this time.)

To be honest Tae Joon really doesn’t have much to fear. He wants his son and blood to inherit the company and not Jimin so he is going out of the way to get rid of him. Sadly, this is to no avail since Jimin isn’t even interested in running said company but everyone is forcing him into that role. Why doesn’t anyone ask the poor kid what his dream is. Only Mr. Sun did that.

I feel bad for Shi Wol’s MiL she finally fell in love with her husband because she thinks that he is treating her son as his own. I hope that love turns back into hatred for him the moment she realizes that he has been playing the entire family and switching her kid with his own. Atleast she can sort of understand what Shi Wol is going through. I still think that Shi Wol should have told her the following. “The only man that I love and have ever loved is your son and that is why I want to divorce Kwang Ill” let her MiL try and figure out that riddle and why Shi Woll wants to still divorce her son. Thus figuring out about the baby switch and all.

@nohamahamoud2002 No we all hate you for it. How can you possibly like the second lead? Don’t you know that they are always the villains and at fault for everything going wrong and bad. (joking once again. Probably nobody hates you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.)

@jayakris In regards to Duck I don’t feel hatred towards her just feel sort of bad. But the truth of the matter is she did take advantage of a person in a vulnerable state. Did she expect that she would get pregnant after that one night with him? Probably not. Her offer to him that she wouldn’t hold him responsible for the kid or that drunken night might seem noble to you but I feel it was equally manipulative of her. As you yourself mentioned she knew him for quite some time so she would know his nature and that he wouldn’t let his child be raised on their own. He doesn’t feel being indebted to anyone and if he thinks that he made a mistake then he would feel responsible enough to correct it. In this case it wouldn’t have mattered whether she told him to take responsibility or not because he would have done it either way. The only reason that one isn’t considering that she raped him is because he the victim isn’t pressing charges because he feels sort of guilty for what he did and doesn’t have awareness of what he did then. But make no mistake he could have charged her with it if he wasn’t a better person. I could probably have looked up similar legal cases a few years back which could have made it look like a rape from her end. I pointed out that a guy only doing it to a woman is generally considered rape is a general misconception in one of my previous posts so I won’t get into details again why her actions could also be considered the same.

@nohamahamoud2002 Yes I get that human nature is weak and while she initially resisted his drunken advances (just to be clear being drunk is no excuse legally by the way) she did give in to him. Meaning she took advantage of him. Something that he would never have done to her otherwise so I feel that she was wrong and not a victim. On top of all this she did all this knowing that the guy wasn’t interested in her in anyway and had no intention of ever getting married due to serious issues on his end. For her she gave in to a night of selfish desire not caring about the consequences. This makes her a perpetrator in my opinion instead of being a victim.

@dramaninja I am going to have to partially but respectfully disagree on part of your assessment in regards to Kwangill now being a full victim. You claim that he can’t be considered one because he stole Mr. Sun’s life (not of his own choosing) and due to that he lived a comfortable life while Mr. Sun himself had to suffer living in an orphanage. For me this part is a matter of perspective. First of all, how do we know who lived a better life. Sure he had wealth but was he actually happy. I doubt that. Mr. Sun may not have lived a wealthy life but I am sure that we can all agree on the fact that he had a happy life. He fell in love with a woman and was even planning on marrying her. He was also doing a job that he was good at. Probably chose said job on his own. But can we say any of that applied for Gwang Ill as well. From what I have seen of that family I have my doubts. From day one they have a set of goals that they want their family members to follow and they seem to have little say in what they actually want. In other words, they want their child to rule over Yangji Group as their end game. Meaning that if Mr. Sun even lived in his rightful position that would have been his only choice as well. He could never have become an accountant if he lived in that house. His sense of morals would probably be equally corrupt as that houses. Plus, the pressure to come up to that family’s standard would be equally high.

Let me try and backup these claims. Since I haven’t seen much of Kwang Ill’s past growing up let’s take a look at his sons Jimin life instead. We know that his interest is in making an AI to defeat a top Go Player. Meaning that he wants to go into computer development. He has no intent of running Yangji Group unless he perhaps gets his own Computer Division Department and even then that is what he wants to run not the entire company. But as we can see that is not what the family expects from him. Both his grandparents as well as Great Grandfather want him to inherit the company. On top of that they expect him to get top grades to show that he is superior to his lesser classmen. This was seen when the grandfather told him that he would grant him any wish if he came top of the class. some might see that as incentive and I probably would have done the same but considering other things I feel that it is more pressure on a little kid. He can’t even live as normal kids. If his father has gone through any of that growing up I feel that in that case, he probably didn’t have a great life even though he was rich. Jimin is much younger than him but if he lived as long as his father even he might change.

@jayakris From all the dramas that you mentioned regarding Shi Wols actress I have just seen her in Iris (but wasn’t it season 2 not 3) unless you are counting the spin off to the Iris series (Athena Goddess Of War). I don’t since it was a spin off and that to by another channel. At best that could be considered as Iris 1.5. I did watch her in Angel’s Revenge but I missed a few episodes in it sadly. Was an okay drama and I liked her character most of the time in that drama I just wish she was written consistently in that show. But other than that I don’t think that I have much complaint in said drama. I did feel bad for the second female lead by the end of the show but that is a discussion for another thread which I doubt is dead so I won’t go there. I did download the movie Arhan but never got down to watching it. Unfortunately, I can’t do that anymore because it was in my last pc whose data I lost and the site from where I downloaded it the links are all dead.

Shi Wol’s MiL does know about Mr. Sun. I don’t recall which episode it was but her sister made a comment regarding him. It was during one of his takeover deals or something to that extent and her sister says something about how difficult it must be for her because he resembles a lot like her first love yet he is doing things to harm Yangji Group. She just doesn’t know why he resembles her past lover. Then again she is so out of the loop that it is understandable.

Did they really have to kill of Set Byul. Couldn’t they have given her a birth secret for season 2 or late episodes. So instead of dying in said accident she is rushed to a hospital but it turns out that she has gotten amnesia. So the person who brings her feels bad for her and thus takes her home and raises her as her own. Perhaps a few years later he becomes successful and takes her to the States. Over there she meets another grown up kid and they grow up together. Said kid is a prisoner who wants to meet his mother but can’t for some reason. Eventually she gets her memory back but during this time said kid has moved back home and discovered his real father. Etc.. His father who had his own birth secret discovers it and thus divorces his wife who turns out to be a Duck (he really doesn’t like ducks). So he marries his first love and take over his rightful place. Set Byul who by now has recovered her memory returns home only to discover all this. She is hurt by her father’s actions (not realizing all that happened to him). She now swears revenge of Yangji Group for stealing her father and hurting her mother. This goes on until she meets the grown up kid and realizes it was the same kid that she knew in the States. After a lot of misunderstandings and all he manages to clear it all up and they become friends once again. She forgives Shi Wol and the family for all that she did to them. Plus, to make things better she cuts all ties with her Bio Mother and grandmother. She tells her mother to go live in a pond and not come to their side of the land. I doubt that this would make this drama better or even if it was a good plot since it is a mash up of numerous other drams so it isn’t even original. But atleast this way she could have survived. Vote if people like this idea better.

Also what is up with all those motorcycle riders in this show. Those people are literal murderers. Both of them are responsible for killing a child. This brings me up to the time when Shi Wol had her accident since this was also brought up recently. They are partially responsible for her losing her child. I doubt that it would have made a difference if either of them had come to help her that day since the damage was already done but that still didn’t stop Duck from being insecure. She prevented Mr. Sun going to Shi Wols rescue not because she was jealous of Shi Wol (part of it might be the reason) but more likely because she was insecure. She knew that Mr. Sun was still in love with Shi Wol and even though she knew that he was going to marry her it was because of the child she didn’t want to risk anything else. So she threatened him emotionally that if he went to Shi Wols rescue she would be mad at him permeantly. Problem is that when you are marrying someone permentaly becomes an eternity. But in this case she should have gone to check on Shi Wol herself regardless of her condition. Also Shi Wol didn’t get up instantly after falling down. She took some time to get up. Perhaps she was expecting help from them but when that didn’t happen she got up. Giving her enough time to recover. So yes I don’t fully like Duck but I still feel bad for her loss.

Anyway that will be all from my end. So take care all of you and keep posting. Things might finally start to get interesting in said drama hopefully. 

55 minutes ago, yamiyugi said:

Before I get into one of my long posts I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me. (preferable someone that knows or understands Korean) My question is in regards to the maids’ relative. Previously the relative was referred to as her niece (atleast whenever Shi Wols MiL talked about her) but her father (the grandfather) referred to the relative as her nephew. So my question now is what is the correct translation. Right now I can come up with the following things. a. Translation error on the subbers part b. Both are correct.

I had noticed it, and remember thinking in one of the earlier episodes if it wasn't a nephew, when the subbers had said niece.  The word for nephew and niece are the same in Korean - both are 조카 (joka).   I don't remember hearing her say anything more specific for us to know if it was a man or a woman.  So the subbers would have had no choice but to pick one of two words in English.  But I wondered why they have mentioned this person a few times. 

Plus, there was also that one scene where it was mentioned that he/she was a year older than KI (which means a year older than TY) - and I think it was the chairman who was asking the maid the age and saying "oh, so a year older than KI".   That is when I wondered if it was a guy, because if it was a woman, the chairman might not have thought of comparing ages.  It also made me think of the implications, because if the 조카 is in the old chairman's bloodline and a guy, the old man (if told) could consider bringing that guy from the US and making him the company successor, passing over TY (if KI is kicked out).  I am tempted to think that the drama plans to bring him in and cause more confusion later.  Otherwise they would not have mentioned the person so many times.  The subbers may also have figured that it was safer to change it to a nephew, for the same reason.   My feeling is that the subbers had it as "niece" for a bunch of episodes and then have been using "nephew" consistently.  I don't think they have been using different words based on whom the secretary was talking to.

If somebody here can point me to the episodes where the niece/nephew talks came up, I can go back and check if there were any further details were given to specify that it was a man or woman.

I mean they are indirectly responsible for SB death,they have no right to get mad after trying to kill him twice and    tried to drug him.

KI think he can  keep pumping his chest like that going to do something, he is toothless he has no real power.

@joan0528Not only that but her husband is the one that took pretty much everything from her and she does not even know she lost a grandchild because of his actions.

Archived