[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to compare between TY' s mom and SW. Both were pregnant with another man's child when they got married. TY's mom married her husband without love, he lied and switched the babies to make his son an heir. In SW's case, it is the other way round, she married KI to reverse roles. Also she didn't love KI, she lied about JM so he can inherit everything. Although her reasons for lying are different, but she did the same thing, she planted her son to inherit his lawful right. I just thought it interesting to point out that fact. KI is the common factor here, he is the one who got switched and he is the deceived husband. So he got caught between his dad's  greed and SW's desire for revenge. I am not surprised that he is angry

I am sure the writer feels sorry for him too, but his ending will be horrible for the sake of the plot, because he has to pay for his father's crimes (and his own crimes too). As I said he is a robot controlled by his dad now. Also I predicted his death for two reasons, first he has to atone for his sins, second by his death, his father will be devastated and justly punished. I am imagining the same dying scene of Namjun in left-handed wife, where KI will wish he wasn't in the hot chair (as CEO of yangji group), he only wanted peace of mind at the beginning but others kept pushing him. I also strongly feel he will help TY regain his place near the end and then dies in peace. KI loved three people: his mom, SW and JM. His revenge will blind him for long, but a shock near the end will make him regain his senses and stop revenge. I think he will apologize to SW, TY and JM too. Remember my words :D because for me KI is not the typical stereo type villain  (he isn't like SM in Home for summer, who is totally black)

50 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@dramaninja @lu09 did you notice the drama is following the same line as left-handed wife? KI and his dad are like NJ and Jo Aera. The dad is using his son to take over yangji group. He is greedy. KI is like a robot controlled by his dad. He no longer thinks, he is a revenge machine. I think he will die at the end because his evil father will stop at nothing until he loses his son KI. By KI's death, his dad will lose everything because he doesn't have any other sons. This stupid man could have tried to give birth to a son from his wife, and this way he could have inherited everything legally, but the prophecy was referring to TY, so the greedy man tried to plant his illegitimate son instead, when he had a chance to have a another son from his wife 

AR and NJ:sweat_smile:, those two were something lol...  But yeah, they are similar. At least, KI is not getting his hands dirty which makes a difference. 

I also have a bad feeling about SB getting killed thanks to her stupid grandma:rage:. As for JM, for now, I don't think anything will happen to him. Hopefully SW gets him back.

30 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

But he is not angry with his dad for whatever he did to junghee while with SW hes very angry when it almost the same both his father and SW deceive other people but KI only angry with SW, why?because CTJ was his father and same blood so its ok for him that his father decieve his mother for not ok that SW deceive him..its really funny, i find it really funny in KI side..

I know that for the upcoming episode KI and CTJ plan will become a success (taking over the shimmi food) thats why i think they become more and more aggregate to do another bad things to ensure that the group will be their just like what CTJ told KI today " until KI will not name a successor they must do everything to keep TY away and Jimin is there fortress" means they keep on holding on to jimin until KI will be a successor then maybe kill jimin or abandon in the US..

I know. As I said KI chose the path of evil. But his father is more evil than him, that's why I feel KI will repent in episode 102 after torturing us for several months :D I think I will just look up the thread here because I can't watch the bad revenge game, it is full of hatred.

So, now SW has made another mistake, in not telling TY about his son, right?  The moment the idea came out that Jimin will be sent to the US, and she saw that KI and his dad were in favor, she should have thought of the safety of the boy and told the one guy who is most reliable - the boy's real dad.  Whatever reasons she had for not telling him about JM so far, are not good enough reasons now.   I may not be thinking of some angle here (as the stuff is all way too complicated), but right now it seems like the woman cannot stop making mistakes.

32 minutes ago, joan0528 said:
1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think I will just look up the thread here because I can't watch the bad revenge game, it is full of hatred.

Its better to watch it for yourself than the thread

Yes, this is one drama where thread-watching won't work.  It is pretty much the most complicated story I have ever seen dramas.  I don't think any of us can keep all of the details and equations in mind at the same time.  So we all focus on only some aspects of it when we make judgments on the characters and what they do.  The thread posts (including mine, of course) are all biased in some direction or other.  There is no consensus, other than that everybody adores JM and SB.  We just need to watch the drama ourselves and torture ourselves.  But that is the fun in this drama!

23 minutes ago, jayakris said:

So, now SW has made another mistake, in not telling TY about his son, right?  The moment the idea came out that Jimin will be sent to the US, and she saw that KI and his dad were in favor, she should have thought of the safety of the boy and told the one guy who is most reliable - the boy's real dad.  Whatever reasons she had for not telling him about JM so far, are not good enough reasons now.   I may not be thinking of some angle here (as the stuff is all way too complicated), but right now it seems like the woman cannot stop making mistakes.

She hasn't figured out that CTJ knows that JM is not his grandson.  Also, she is not aware that they(CTJ and JH) know that YW and SW were past lovers.  She thought only KI knows.  That is why I think she is still keeping her mouth shut.  She was concerned with the cold shoulder her MIL is giving her.  Also, she was hoping that JM would listen to her, but because of what KI told JM, he is telling his mother to take care of his dad.  So, all these miscommunications causing all hell to break lose.

In the preview CTJ is giving some kind of powder to MR to feed OTY.  Will the little girl eat it and get sick?  

26 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Its really a mistake but SW doesnt know the CTJ already know about her relationship with TY and jimin was their son, SW only thought that KI only know the secret

2 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

She hasn't figured out that CTJ knows that JM is not his grandson.  Also, she is not aware that they(CTJ and JH) know that YW and SW were past lovers.  She thought only KI knows.  That is why I think she is still keeping her mouth shut.  She was concerned with the cold shoulder her MIL is giving her. 

Okay, I see.  That makes it at least plausible that she only goofed up, rather than commit a big mistake.  I couldn't remember if she knew that CTJ knew for sure, but I thought she should have a good guess that KI might have spoken to his dad about JM and her earlier relationship (as she knows that they both know of the switch and she should expect that they would gang up for sure).  Especially when KI, his dad and his wife were all in favor of sending JM away, and it came from the MIL, how could SW not guess that it would have gone from KI to CTW to the MIL that she had an affair earlier? She should then think that they might all kick her out after sending JM away.  She had to figure that they all would know some parts of her story to some extent.  Definitiely that none of them would trust her anymore.  She had to guess that they would all try to  pull her apart from JM.  She shouldn't have naively thought that she could dupe them and follow JM to the US later.   She should have sensed danger, and decided it was time for her to tell TY about JM.  She goofed.  

Not interfering in TY's seemingly happy married life was probably her reason not to tell him so far, but danger to JM trumps that concern. She had to decide to tell TY even if she only had a mild suspicion that what her MIL is doing could have deeper plans pushed by others behind it.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Not interfering in TY's seemingly happy married life

This is the reason for her not to involve TY.  She does not want his marriage to fall apart.  Also, she feels what ever her MIL is doing is a punishment for her since she kept the mother and child apart.  (JH and TY).  I agree with you that she is not able to sense stuff since she is unhappy about not going with JM .  Her brain seems to have lost the analysis capability.

@joan0528 - you and I were thinking on the same lines chingu.

9 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

This is the reason for her not to involve TY.  She does not want his marriage to fall apart.  Also, she feels what ever her MIL is doing is a punishment for her since she kept the mother and child apart.  (JH and TY).  I agree with you that she is not able to sense stuff since she is unhappy about not going with JM .  Her brain seems to have lost the analysis capability.

@joan0528 - you and I were thinking on the same lines chingu.

When I see from all your comments that ShiWol is back to being gangster re protecting her son, I will return to this show.  I am put off by her taking $#!7 from KI and all.  They are all sinners too.  

On 8/11/2019 at 7:25 PM, dramaninja said:

He still not found out  he has a son, what his own MIL did ,who is mother is,  what is grandpa did,or what his true identity is.

His real suffering has not even started yet.Not to mention I am very worry about his little girl.

I too worry about Sept Byul also. She is so cute and loving.  The write is so ominous at times and keeps zooming on OTY’s daughter. 

10 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@dramaninja @lu09 did you notice the drama is following the same line as left-handed wife? KI and his dad are like NJ and Jo Aera. The dad is using his son to take over yangji group. He is greedy. KI is like a robot controlled by his dad. He no longer thinks, he is a revenge machine. I think he will die at the end because his evil father will stop at nothing until he loses his son KI. By KI's death, his dad will lose everything because he doesn't have any other sons. This stupid man could have tried to give birth to a son from his wife, and this way he could have inherited everything legally, but the prophecy was referring to TY, so the greedy man tried to plant his illegitimate son instead, when he had a chance to have a another son from his wife 

Actualll @nohamahamoud2002 It is either in the first or second episode. Jung Hee told him there will not be any second child.  He knew this from the get go. That is why he switched the kids. CTJ was a loser and greedy back then. He abandoned his woman who was pregnant for life of luxury. MiRan another greedy woman let her man go marry someone else and take her son from her too. I hate these two characters. 

They might keep JM for now. But they will kill him eventually. SW better wake up before she loses her son for good. 

KI is a lost cause. MI will most likely hurt her granddaughter accidentally, tryin to get rid of TY. Poor children ;(. 

12 hours ago, jayakris said:

Not interfering in TY's seemingly happy married life was probably her reason not to tell him so far, but danger to JM trumps that concern. She had to decide to tell TY even if she only had a mild suspicion that what her MIL is doing could have deeper plans pushed by others behind it.

@jayakris SW chose to keep quite because of Sept Byul. She came close to telling him twice. Six years ago and episode 47 or 46, each time she stopped after KYW made comment of moving on ( 6 - -> He was having a baby, 46 or 47 - -> Since you are having marital problems they shouldn’t be seen together. 

Chingu , I love Si Wol’s character because it is flawed. I refuse to judge her because I would try to put myself in her shoes and think of what I know about the character. When watching a revenge drama , I don’t think about what is being done as bad because after all something was done to them first. Whether an action is positive or negative there is a reaction which will touch everyone. Si Wol has used KI for her own selfish reason because she was hurting. I  can’t judge her because if I were her what would I have done in her place?  One thing about her revenge, she didn’t try to take over the company but was giving her child the opportunity get the best of everything and trying to save the company for her son. Tried to make it better but  JWC and CTJ still using underhanded dealings to steal and destroy other companies for their land. It was until recently she realized Jangchil Group will never change. Now she has accepted Jimni’s dream . She has also given up making him heir but KI refused to let her go. As she stated she is tired of everything and just want to leave. She has also accepted that she deserves the treatment she is getting for her sins. CTJ is very dumb and greedy person. He will soo. Start making mistakes. I can’t wait for him to start making mistakes. KI is still lying to his father about his own mother. That lie will also make KI very upset and that is when he will realize his dad needs to be stopped. 

What do you guys think?

I was already expecting this  ONLY IF SB DIES DUE TO CTJ powder

@dramaninja  the fact that the grandma Mi Ran maybe involved in this points to the fact KYW will never forgive this family. They have taken so much from him. Imagined being orphaned, then attempted murder 2, stealing fiance, mother, grandpa, aunt , uncle and cousin all for money and power. Then they kill your child, why does a man have to forgive anyone for doing such a thing. Having a child out in the world and having no knowledge of it smh smh. I think KYW should be the most evil person in the novel. lol lol But he is to righteous.  Now the people who murdered your child have no compassion or feel sorry at all. No matter how much you are hurting, killing a child is the worst thing to do no matter how much you want revenge. Children are innocent, should only be loved and taken care of.   I found the way CTJ shows no remorse or KI feeling no compassion at all makes me so mad. That is why I can't sympathize with him at all.

Someone here mentioned that  KI hates and is angry with SW but not his father. He also hates TY when TY is the victim here. He is so jealous of TY but he seems to have forgotten that TY has lost everything while he has everything now. Sure he will lose everything but TY deserves to know the truth to why they keep trying to kill him.  

What do you guys think?

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I was already expecting this @dramaninja  the fact that the grandma Mi Ran maybe involved in this points to the fact KYW will never forgive this family. They have taken so much from him. Imagined being orphaned, then attempted murder 2, stealing fiance, mother, grandpa, aunt , uncle and cousin all for money and power. Then they kill your child, why does a man have to forgive anyone for doing such a thing. Having a child out in the world and having no knowledge of it smh smh. I think KYW should be the most evil person in the novel. lol lol But he is to righteous.  Now the people who murdered your child have no compassion or feel sorry at all. No matter how much you are hurting, killing a child is the worst thing to do no matter how much you want revenge. Children are innocent, should only be loved and taken care of.   I found the way CTJ shows no remorse or KI feeling no compassion at all makes me so mad. That is why I can't sympathize with him at all.

Someone here mentioned that  KI hates and is angry with SW but not his father. He also hates TY when TY is the victim here. He is so jealous og TY but he seems to have forgotten that TY has lost everything while he has everything now. Sure he will lose everything but TY deserves to know the truth to why they keep trying to kill him.  

What do you guys think?

Spoiler

Yeah you can tell both of them dont really care at all, just look how hard it hit SW.

Even TY grandpa warm up to the little girl her right away, his mother dont even know her husband killed her  granchild

You dont have to be blood related to love  a child or feel grief , those 2 are monsters.

You cannot come back from this.

Archived