[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

Haha, I was about to come in and say that I had some of the similar thoughts on KI like you had.  I too started watching only about 10 days ago after some of the friends here recommended it.  Gave it go because I saw almost all the good "daily drama warriors/sufferers" here!

Thank you :) you lifted up my spirits because I felt he was a victim 

@jayakris I pointed earlier that DK wanted to go away from

the motel, she told herself to act like a lady and not take advantage of a drunken man. But when TY held her hand, she became weak. This is human nature, and I don't think she was bad either.

@dramaninja But in the scene when SW fell, she should have helped her get up. I know she is jealous but still I felt it cruel to leave SW fallen. She could offer to help her (instead of TY)

All the offspring here are victims of their parents and revenge . Minjae's mom is a victim of a discriminating dad. Both KI and DK are victims of bad parents. TY and SW are victims of CJT. JM is victim of his mother's lie. Seatbyol victim of a loveless marriage and worst of all is the revenge

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@jayakris I pointed earlier that DK wanted to go away frommthe motel, she told herself to act like a lady and not take advantage of a drunken man. But when TY held her hand, she became weak. This is human nature, and I don't think she was bad either. But in the scene when SW fell, she should have helped her get up. I know she is jealous but still I felt if cruel to leave SW fallen. She could offer to help her (instead of TY)

I did not like DS with both the issues.  Calling another name indicates that he is not interested in you.  Even if he held her hand, she could have walked away.  She was not a teenager with hormones.  A 30 year old ( I think!).  And what did you expect after that - he would be loving and caring tenderly.  The brain might say - I will love you - but the heart is a different matter.  It takes guts to say what is in your heart and that is the main cause of many divorces.  Do you see how TY talks in his mind when ever DS asks if he is happy?  May be men might be like that.   I don't know.  I am the kind who says what I mean and mean what I say.  Why get all these misunderstanding.  

DS became weak?  I don't know - but her mothers words were ringing in her ears of trapping a man.  That is why she did it.  

Loving an adult vs. a  child is a completely different.  If two adults are not in sync -may be better to stay apart and as friends than becoming partners.  

When SW fell, it is true she fell in front of the hospital / or in the vicinity.  But she fell right in front of the on coming traffic.  When we see anyone get hurt, we get down and check up on them.  She ordered him to not get down - fine -  she could have and checked if SW needed help.  But she was too arrogant because she had TY.  

@jayakris I tried to look at it from your viewpoint -  but can KI sleep good knowing that he is living a fake life.  He talks about SW being an expert in lying - what about himself - It has been 3 years that he has been lying to the grandfather and mother who love him dearly.  How can you look some one in the eye and not feel ashamed?   After knowing that TY is the actual heir who his father did a DNA check, how could one even live in such an environment. 

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

For KI no he isnt the biggest victim here at all that would be TY.

TY got his entire life ruin and stolen by KI family since birth, DS mom took him away on the orders of KI dad at birth thus stealing his birthright.Later in life they tired to kill him but failed of course. After they planned to kill him yet again but ending up some weird kidnapping thing. KI threatening to kill him as well, like he has some right to be angry at TY knowing what his family did to him.

Yes, TY can be taken as the bigger victim so far, but my view is that in totality, when the dust settles, he will still have a life, two beautiful kids, and one of two good ladies as a wife or partner (I assume).  He will probably end up as a heir to a huge corporation, or will have the big business he built himself - so he will be just fine.  But KI on the other hand, has nothing left.  Nobody who loves him except two criminals who deserve jail (mom and dad), no wife or partner, and no kids.  No great skills to make a life for himself either, because he was misplaced in a family that he was not suited to and thus he had no opportunity to do something he might have been good at, etc.  That is why I felt that he was more of a victim.

But he is now going with evil designs - so my sympathy is bound to go away.  But then again, I am really not sure what he can do that would be right, either.

17 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

When SW fell, it is true she fell in front of the hospital / or in the vicinity.  But she fell right in front of the on coming traffic.  When we see anyone get hurt, we get down and check up on them.  She ordered him to not get down - fine -  she could have and checked if SW needed help.  But she was too arrogant because she had TY.  

My memory is that the drama clearly showed her looking at the right side view mirror and seeing that SW was just fine.  That is why I remember thinking at that time that she was doing the right thing.  I need to go back and check the scene though.  I clearly remember the drama showing nobody in front of the hospital even reacting.  It was that simple an accident.  They saw that she had just fallen and got up immediately.  The edit made it look like a big accident, but she jaywalked, stood there dazed, didn't see a bike that touched her, and she fell, that is all :) ... I guess I do not have a whole lot of sympathy for SW.  I like the character and she is a kind/caring woman. A strong/smart one too, but she overthinks and does stupid things often.

My friends apart from SW's motives, I just want to know your opinion, especially @dramaninja and @jayakris, from your point of view as guys, is it OK for a woman to lie to a man about his son? Telling KI that JM is your son? When he is TY's son? I mean I just feel dizzy at the idea itself. It is horrible (I am a girl :D )

.  KI is the biggest victim in the whole story, who suddenly found that his whole life of 40 years had gone for a waste with nothing to show for it - for no fault of his, except for loving a pretty woman and not doubting her.  Is he supposed to now just say "oh, I understand what you were all doing, and it was for revenge for others. 

@jayakris Interesting POV chingu. I have to disagree OTY is a victim because OTY/KYW is fighting his family, his own son's life is also in danger and so is he. KYW lost a lot of time with his real family, he hates his family and he wants to destroy them for being so greedy. If he wasn't abandoned none of the stuff that happened to himwould have occured. Sure his grandfather played a big role in hurting him once, but the second time it was due to Choi Tae Joon. I have a feeling that the first attempt to killing KYW was CTJ's very own idea, all JWC said was to get rid of him not kill him. Even though Kim Yoo WOl is safe now, CTJ is still planning to find a way to get rid of him for good. CTJ is so greedy and fears if being abandoned after all the thing he has done for JWC. To this day he is still considered as a servant. 

This was an interesting scene.  I felt, "there you go, lady, you did exactly what you needed to do here!".  She looked at the rear-view mirror, saw that SW was up and looked alright, and said "don't you dare look back" to her guy.   It was right in front of the hospital and there were many people seeing SW fall down and get up.  I noticed a couple of guys near the hospital door who didn't even budge.   what to feel about it!

At fisrt after reading this , I was so sad at what you wrote but you were right but for me it was about he moral thing to do which is why I dislike her. To me it wasn't about she got back up but it is knowing they knew her and did nothing to help her so she ended up losing the baby. Sure they didn't know she was pregnant but it was about if you kew someone was hit by a car or bump by a car or  in any danger you should check to see if they are okay.  With her doing this, does SW have to help DS if DS is ever in trouble??? You and I  both know SW would do it because it is the right thing to even if she dislike DS. 

KI ad DS allows their parents to manipulate them when they are hurting the one they love. THeir parents committed a crime 40 years ago and that is why they are not happ right now. They tried to steal a life that didn't belong to them and that is why all these things are happening to them.   KI has no idea that his father tried to kill OTY again and I bet you he woull be all for it because then SW can never be with KYW. In episode 47 he tells his father about SW knowing their secret puting her and Jimni in danger. KI says he will be a lion when he has no idea how to be a lion. HE trust his father and believes in him. He actually thinks now that they are sending Jimni away , he will be safe. THe look CTJ gave Jimni was quite scary. I am so afraid something bad will happen to him because of what Jung Do In predicted.  I understand his reaction but I wish he wouldn't hate KYW,he is the victim and has no idea about JImni. SO what id KYW loves SW, as long as they aren't acting on it. I think it is fine, it is okay to be in pain but taking it out on the person who lost the most because of CTJ and JWC is stupid. He can be angry at SW but he should take it out on her alone. BUt instead he want to blame OTY also. smh smh '

@nohamahamoud2002  What SW is doing is wrong!!!!!!! Keeping a man from his child is wrong. 

5 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

@jayakris I tried to look at it from your viewpoint -  but can KI sleep good knowing that he is living a fake life.  He talks about SW being an expert in lying - what about himself - It has been 3 years that he has been lying to the grandfather and mother who love him dearly.  How can you look some one in the eye and not feel ashamed?   After knowing that TY is the actual heir who his father did a DNA check, how could one even live in such an environment

I agree with you KI is wrong to lie. But then all of them are lying. I no longer take sides. I disapprove of all the characters now. Only TY, JM and Seatbyol are in my whitelist

5 hours ago, jayakris said:

Yes, TY can be taken as the bigger victim so far, but my view is that in totality, when the dust settles, he will still have a life, two beautiful kids, and one of two good ladies as a wife or partner (I assume).  He will probably end up as a heir to a huge corporation, or will have the big business he built himself - so he will be just fine.  But KI on the other hand, has nothing left.  Nobody who loves him except two criminals who deserve jail (mom and dad), no wife or partner, and no kids.  No great skills to make a life for himself either, because he was misplaced in a family that he was not suited to and thus he had no opportunity to do something he might have been good at, etc.  That is why I felt that he was more of a victim

Wow, I really agree to what you say exactly. You should have watched Left-handed wife. It had a similar character that I was defending with all my might, to the disagreement of all my friends :D 

I no longer have energy to defend KI here, but I have a bad feeling that he will die at the end

@UnniSarah I also mean SW's lying to KI about the parentage of JM is a crime. I don't know, but really morally speaking it is very wrong (let's forget about her motives)

I on the side of the people that not trying to take their anger out on a little boy,its disgusting what KI and his dad are doing.

Also the same with the MIL.  

TY made have sunshine  and rainbows in the future but he suffer already for most of his life   and will continue, he cannot get any of that time back, with  SW, his son or his mom.

He still not found out  he has a son, what his own MIL did ,who is mother is,  what is grandpa did,or what his true identity is.

His real suffering has not even started yet.Not to mention I am very worry about his little girl.

15 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I on the side of the people that not trying to take their anger out on a little boy,its disgusting what KI and his dad are doing.

Also the same with the MIL.

Yes I know that KI became evil later on, that's why I won't defend him. I was just wishing he chose the right path, but he didn't :( 

This drama gave me a headache 'Home for summer' is easier and more cheerful :triumph: and better still, I will go watch "the return of superman" :D

The worst scene that broke my heart was KI falling off the stairs after learning that JM is not his son. I don't think I can go on watching, because I will always think of what SW did to an innocent man (Gwanjil) to take revenge. He didn't desreve this.

Now he turned evil because of his father and his jealousy, he will probably die as Namjun (in left-handed wife).  

Is it KI's sin that he is CJT's son? The writer made KI turn evil for the sake of the plot, so that it will be TY versus KI. This is just distasteful to me. Because I know that KI had a chance to be good, but his father's greed and SW's lie made him that way. He was a simple guy, he didn't scheme or think a lot. His evil father knew he is average-minded and knew the prophecy meant TY the is the real grandson will be the emperor. He thought he can play with Fate by exchanging babies and killing TY. He is just like Pharaoh and Moses story, where stupid pharaoh tried to kill Moses to defy the prophecy but couldn't. KI's problem was choosing evil over good. But I will always consider him a victim of his dad and SW. 

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Now the connection of SW and TY will be Kijoon(TY friend ) and SW secretary...

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/mobile/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,49,796097

Ep50 it where the start of the fight...So KI already told SW to careful of what she gonna do because hes holding jimin now...And CTJ what the heck he want to do with TY why he ask miran to give him (TY ) some medicine...

I swear if  his little girl somehow harm by this idiot MTL...

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

I swear if  his little girl somehow harm by this idiot MTL...

Yes I am sure now Seatbyol will die. I am not going to continue  watching if this happens, because Seatbyol was the only reason I put up with the show. I love her very much :tears:

The way Seatbyol is singing and everyone  clapping  looks like a farewell. 

2 hours ago, joan0528 said:

Ep50 it where the start of the fight...So KI already told SW to careful of what she gonna do because hes holding jimin now...And CTJ what the heck he want to do with TY why he ask miran to give him (TY ) some medicine...

The E50 preview blurb says that CTJ is threatening MiRan to give the medicine to TY to keep him away from the shareholder meeting. He says in the video that DS will become a criminal otherwise.  Not sure what that game is.

15 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

My friends apart from SW's motives, I just want to know your opinion, especially @dramaninja and @jayakris, from your point of view as guys, is it OK for a woman to lie to a man about his son? Telling KI that JM is your son? When he is TY's son? I mean I just feel dizzy at the idea itself. It is horrible (I am a girl :D )

It is among the worst things a woman can do to her husband. A husband doing it to his wife (like CTJ to his wife) is a bit different, because when the truth comes out, the woman would at least have the hope for finding the son she gave birth to, as she would know that she had given birth to a son.  A lie like this to a husband is extra-horrible because he is left with absolutely nothing. In this case, he can only feel that he has wasted a good portion of his life (13 years) and has no child now.   Had he known, he could have at least pressed for another child during the 10 years - when SW was extra cruel to him by not even sleeping on the same bed, and not showing any concern for what he would be facing if the truth were to come out. Men are more helpless in lies like this, than a women, in other words. 

The only thing is that a mother typically does a lot more to raise a child, than a father does - and so the shock of knowing that the boy you raised is not yours is probably a little less for a man.  A man may turn cold more quickly than a woman would, in such a case.  So I was surprised when KI still hugged Jimin in the courtyard after all this.  I didn't expect it.  He shows more attachment to the boy than many men would show (at least in dramas).  But he seems to be using the boy now to get SW to shut up, so he does not have anywhere near the care for Jimin that he had before, naturally.

SW's crime to KI become even worse when we consider that she knew that he trusted her so deeply as to stand up like a man and refuse a DNA test. Had he quietly done one at that time, none of this would have happened.  And what did she give him for that kind of extreme love and trust?  She slept in a separate bed like he was a pariah.  It is not like he was a horrible, nasty, stinking, ugly guy that she couldn't sleep with - which she after all did 10 years later under pressure.  She owes that man a lot, and no amount of retribution can be enough for her sins to him.  And I cannot blame the man at all if he decides to go after her with utter vengeance.

7 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Now KI become evil like his dad or following his dad order, using jimin to shut SW mouth will not do them good they only double their sin..this is the start of the "calamity" as for Mr.jung prediction the more people knew about the secret the dangerous it would be to TY and his children but mr.jung didnot have anything bad about jimin, i only notice was for seatbyul, TY and DS he focus his fear...

I don't think JM will die. He is the link between SW and TY. Also TY still needs to know he is his son. So he is significant for the plot.

As for poor Seatbyol, she was the reason for TY staying with DK, if she dies, TY will seek revenge  and will have no reason to stay with DK. I am so sad that Seatbyol is the victim here :(

I am no longer interested in KI since he chose the evil path. But I am sure he will repent near the end and probably will die (because he is not like his dad, his motives are not greed, but revenge and jealousy. He used to love his mom, SW and JM. But this changed when he felt that TY is his rival.)

5 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

As for poor Seatbyol, she was the reason for TY staying with DK, if she dies, TY will seek revenge  and will have no reason to stay with DK. I am so sad that Seatbyol is the victim here :(

The writer may have originally planned to have SB die, but I don't think that is an option now, if the writer is following any of the viewer responses.  That little child is the absolute star of the show right now, and killing her will tank the ratings!!

@dramaninja @lu09 did you notice the drama is following the same line as left-handed wife? KI and his dad are like NJ and Jo Aera. The dad is using his son to take over yangji group. He is greedy. KI is like a robot controlled by his dad. He no longer thinks, he is a revenge machine. I think he will die at the end because his evil father will stop at nothing until he loses his son KI. By KI's death, his dad will lose everything because he doesn't have any other sons. This stupid man could have tried to give birth to a son from his wife, and this way he could have inherited everything legally, but the prophecy was referring to TY, so the greedy man tried to plant his illegitimate son instead, when he had a chance to have a another son from his wife 

it's nice to see that we see the same drama and read your different points of view. Honestly, if TY's daughter dies or gets hurt because of her horrendous people, TY will want revenge and I'm sure it will be a terrible war.
But does not stop it's horrible to see the grandpapa do not know that TY is his biological grandson, he talks about him as if he wanted to get rid of it, it's horrible to see that YT wants to take revenge on his own family without knowing it.

all this story is a real mess and poor jimin, if he's really gone to usa there will inevitably be another jump in time and they will bring us a young adult Jimin, I do not see the reveal on TY's family  without him.

I think at the beginning I had a little pity on KI but now he is horrile but he really liked SW can not in the right way, and she? I found her rather hypocritical, she slept with KI to have his child, it would have been interesting enough if the baby had survived and see the tear between SW and KI

Someone mentioned that maybe we'll see SW's biological family, um I'm not sure

7 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:
53 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@jayakris thanks for translating the preview. 

Don't see this.  Did my soompi not get updated?

I was wondering about that too.  Actually I was typing a note on that preview I had just seen.  I posted it and saw @nohamahamoud2002's post above it.  It is like she knew I was typing it.  Maybe the white hair guy's psychic powers have gotten into her?  Ooh, scary! :)

1 minute ago, jayakris said:

I was wondering about that too.  Actually I was typing a note on that preview I had just seen.  I posted it and saw @nohamahamoud2002's post above it.  It is like she knew I was typing it.  Maybe the white hair guy's psychic powers have gotten into her?  Ooh, scary! :)

Nooo I went back and edited my message after reading yours :D

Archived