[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

This comment from Drama cool ( credit goes to Shinel) made my day lol:mrgreen:. 100% agree with him/her.

(This episode..... where to start.

First- Sucks to be Mr.H- but since he willingly invited trouble into his life- I don't feel sorry for him.

There was no mention of a will in this episode, but if I find out tomorrow that Mr.H left everything to MR, I am going to be pissed. The only thing that witch deserves is prison time. I am already annoyed with the idea of all his shares being sold on the market for TJ and KI to buy up. If Mr.H didn't bequeath his shares to YW upon his death then he really didn't consider YW as family.

I have no idea what the writers keep trying to paint MR as a pitiful woman full of remorse. Actions speak louder than words. She cries that she is sorry, and pleads with KI not to be evil and to put things back where they belong yet her own actions says the opposite. If she was truly sorry for what she did in the past- she would have stayed out of that YG business on a whole, instead she drugged an innocent man so that her son could stay in power longer. That's not being sorry- that's being a hypocrite. And now because a innocent man is dead she is crying even more and acting like she wants to die.Oh please... the only thing pitiful here are my eyes for having to watch her act. 
If she gets rich off her murder then this would be an extremely crappy show.

As for KI. That man needs to stop living in lala land. Does he really believe in father that those were sleeping pills? Does he really think it was all a coincidence? If so then his stupidity just rose to another level. I really want him to open his eyes and see what is truly going on around him. He is married to a woman that doesn't love him, pretending to be the son of a woman who knows he is a fake, and trying to take/keep control of a company that never belong to him. He is pathetic. If he doesn't snap out of it soon- I am going to loose all the sympathy I had for him in the past.

Finally JH. That poor woman. If she doesn't wake up early the next day and slip some poison into TJ's breakfast then she is one heck of a strong woman. After all that man did to her- to stand there and taunt her like that- I seriously wouldn't blame her for gutting him with her gardening hook in his sleep.):joy::mrgreen:.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Sorry to burst your bubble about KI.  I don't want you to feel bad or anything and be supportive and will hear everything with an open mind and will surely think about it.  But I may not agree to everything that he does, but want to add in that he does have an ounce of good in him.  But the greed is overpowering the good in him hence cannot say much about it.

Yes he did have some good, but his dad is fooling him. KI is dumb and thinks that his dad loves him, while he has been using him all along. :(

KI should have resorted to JH instead, she really loves him and still does :( why did he disappoint me? :bawling:

I really think it is not only genes but the environment that shapes the personality, anyway this article is good

https://www.verywellmind.com/are-personality-traits-caused-by-genes-or-environment-4120707#are-they-caused-by-genes-or-environment

KI had a good mother (JH) and a bad father, he can choose one of them but he made the wrong choice 

Why is Miran collaborating with CTJ when she won't get anything?  I really can't understand her

Just saying my opinion about KI, I think he is foolish and weak, he doesn't have any brains. He keeps following his evil dad. In my opinion it is not genes, but weakness and stupidity. He made the wrong choice. I can't like him anymore, but I still consider CTJ the greatest devil

My heart is still aching me for poor Mr Hwang. :bawling: 

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I really think it is not only genes but the environment that shapes the personality, anyway this article is good

Environment does play a role, but in times of difficult and unchartered territories, the genes takes over and rules it.  (I think!).  In KI case, you can see that he was a mother's child for the longest part of his life since he was aware that he was her child.  He literally followed what ever she said and always stood against his father.  That crumbled when he found out the truth about his father and tried to commit suicide.  Then since his father is the biological parent, he started believing him and following him and when push comes to shove, he trusted his father and wanted to please his father and hence probably agreed to talk to his bio mother to help him solve his problem for the current time with his latest shindig of making Mr. Hwang sleep (for the lifetime) without even questioning it or realizing he would be an accomplice to committing a murder.  

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Why is Miran collaborating with CTJ when she won't get anything?  I really can't understand her

Just saying my opinion about KI, I think he is foolish and weak, he doesn't have any brains. He keeps following his evil dad. In my opinion it is not genes, but weakness and stupidity. He made the wrong choice. I can't like him anymore, but I still consider CTJ the greatest devil

My heart is still aching me for poor Mr Hwang. :bawling: 

Miran is not interested in collaborating with CTJ -  The link here is her biological son KI who she cares about and is trying to help him.  She does not have to guts to tell him what she did.  - That would be ditching the heir in the orphanage while allowing her out of wedlock child to grow up in a rich healthy environment which she exchanged.  She is scared that her children will be appalled and won't be able to handle the sin their mother committed.  Also, she is not aware that KI knows that she is the mother.  I know that KI did not want to acknowledge her as his mother.  She is thinking that if she does something to help him, he will care about her.  Hence she is still walking in the shade of an olive tree and thinks that it will work well between her and KI.  Not going to happen since KI even though stupid is being trained by a monster teaching him how to slip out like a snake and throw someone else into the gallows of death and hell.  

But really Choi Sung-jae's face is not evil. :(

I am not able to imagine him a villain. Zin Tae Hyun was more convincing. He could be a devil when he wants. Choi Sungjae is more suitable as a weak person 

@chococarmela

Spoiler

For names see this link

http://asianwiki.com/A_Place_in_the_Sun_(2019)

I suggest you watch the first 15 episodes mainly.

In general the story is about a greedy character  CTJ who learns of a prophecy that the grandson of the Jang family will be king. Jang's daughter Junghee is pregnant but her lover died.  She marries CTJ and he switches her children TY with his son KI. Later we see TY in love with SW and he works as an accountant in Yangji group. He discovers foul play. CTJ plans to kill him as he knew he is the real heir.  At the same time KI (Gwanjil as in KBs world or Kwanjil according to other websites) likes SW. After the accident TY survives, while SW knows he is the real heir, she thought him dead. She is pregnant so in order to revenge she deceives KI, and convince him to have an affair, lies about being pregnant with his child and asks him to marry her. 

TY is saved by DS (KI's half-sister). He marries her later on after getting herself pregnant. He returns for revenge but SW doesn't recognize him. When she does, she decided tell him  about his son but too late, as he already decided to marry DS. He thinks she betrayed him. Gwanjil learns that he is not JH's son, but SW tells him to keep it a secret so that Jimin won't be affected. He agrees after she threatens to file for a divorce. Later Gwanjil learns that TY is the old lover of SW and fights with her then learns that Jimin isn't his son. He begins his revenge with his father. TY's daughter dies, (I skipped the sad episodes). Now there are too many secrets, too many competition, I lost track lol

I really can't remember the other details but really you can start to marathon now. Actually the company terms were very complicated so I missed some details too

2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Hi, can someone summarize what's happened so far in this drama?

SW and YW grow up in an orphanage and were lovers. They were planning to get married but an accident happened. YW was investigating the Yangji family corporate and found some illegal activities ( Fraudulent accounting) committed by CTJ, the son in law of the chairman. TJ is married to the chairman's first daughter and she has a son, KI whose father is dead. TJ is the stepfather. TJ found out about it and decided to kill YW. The chairman knew about someone investigating his company and told TJ to deal with it not knowing what he has done. The main reason why TJ wanted to kill YW was because he is the real grandson of the chairman who CTJ and old lover, MR switched him up with their son KI, current heir of Yangji group. MR placed YW in an orphanage and left him there. YW survived the car accident and was saved and taken in by DS, MR daughter, MR and Mr. Hwang. SW finds out the truth after she overheard TJ and MR talking and she decided to take revenge by marrying KI, their real son who had feelings for her. Another reason is because she finds out that she is pregnant and decided to place her son as the heir not knowing that YW is really not dead. YW finds out about the wedding and he feels betrayed. So he decides to take revenge for everything by changing his identity to OTY thanks to Mr. Hwang and goes into hiding until he appears 10 years later. 

Later on YW aka TY marries DS, MR daughter and has a daughter SB. Poor child gets into an accident because of MR who got kidnapped by TJ goons and she dies. YW finds out the truth about his parentage and also finds out that SW and KI child, JM is actually his bio son. He also finds out she never really betrayed him. He decides to get back everything including SW and JM. So that's where we are currently at. Everyone finds out now that TY is the real grandson including his aunt's family which we call them the gooftroops lol. The only thing TJ, MR and KI don't know is the fact that TY knows everything about their deeds. One of the reasons why he is keeping quiet is because of SW divorce issue and JM custody.

As for the aunt's family's, she is the second daughter of the chairman and half sister of JH. Family wants their son, MJ to be the heir but they are complete idiots and the comic relief of the drama lol:lol:. MJ wife, JE had a major crush on KI before he got married to SW so it's another reason why MJ doesn't like KI. They have a cute son named JK who 3 years old.

TJ and KI wants the company which lead to today's event of killing Mr. Hwang thanks to MR drugging the old man with unknown drugs from KI and TJ. The chairman was in coma and is awake now.

DS has no idea what's going on and is still clinging to YW and threatening SW as usual. Their marriage happens to be fake because of the fake identity he took so he is not legally married at all lol. 

My god, that was too long lol:lol:. Just start from today's episode and you are good to go lol:mrgreen:.

14 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Later on YW aka TY marries DS, MR daughter and has a daughter SB. Poor child gets into an accident because of MR who got kidnapped by TJ goons and she dies. YW finds out the truth about his parentage and also find that SW and KI child, JM is actually his bio son. He also finds out she never really betrayed him. He decides to get back everything including SW and JM. So that's where we are currently at. Everyone finds out now that TY is the real grandson including his aunt's family which we call them the gooftroops lol.

... Wow. That's heavy.

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I really can't remember the other details but really you can start to marathon now. Actually the company terms were very complicated so I missed some details too

And we're on episode 75 now? All of that in 75 episodes? (I love watching current episodes after watching the few of a daily drama, because they're super long)

41 minutes ago, lu09 said:

As for the aunt's family's, she is the second daughter of the chairman and half sister of JH. Family wants their son, MJ to be the heir but they are complete idiots and the comic relief of the drama lol:lol:. MJ wife, JE had a major crush on KI before he got married to SW so it's another reason why MJ doesn't like KI. 

You forgot to mention cuttie Jiuk the lion king :mrgreen:

By the way @chococarmela this drama is far better than Shady mom. But it is very sad and deep

Spoiler

Never seen shady mom too busy with a place in the sun giving me anxiety. Characters flip quick. Good and evil take turns taking shots. You mess with evil they have your lover you a pill. When is Miran leaving before she feeds YW a pill or FK a pill. Me I wouldn't live with those women. Once they know he knows he is Yangji heir they will kill him. DK called him a genie lamp. Yep. Jaffa Aladdin she is not.  DK find put oh he is getting a pill too for sure she "'ll go you are the heir. Oh no this is even a bigger lamp. Mom pill him if he tries to leave. Call CTJ tell him to kidnap jimin.if he tries to leave. He tries to tell lets kill him and split his money. Yep. He is crazy to live in a house even now with those two. Hasn't notice people he loves keep drooping on days of meetimgs.

3 hours ago, dramagreek said:

Hasn't notice people he loves keep drooping on days of meetimgs.

Yes, I agree. By now Kim Yoo Wol, etc. should have noticed already that people keep  missing attendance on an important date such as a board or stockholder's meeting. 

Him and Mr. Hwang. He should be suspicious by now  of someone in his household tainting their food/drinks. Prime suspect, the person who cooks their meals. After discovering  what his mother-in-law did in the past he should have been more careful . He and  lovesick Mr. Hwang should have been more careful. But that is past now. What he can do is ask that woman to leave the house with or without her daughter who refuses to leave. With her there and  her daughter, KYW is in danger. Will he survive if mother and daughter decides to kill him?  'If I can't have you, no one will' (Duk Shill's thoughts hahaha). 

-Another thing is a lot of people around him are simply dying like flies and yet they are not even on red alert all the time. They tend to become lax.

-Yes, KYW did have a standby security during the 2nd attempt on his life but only because Mr. Jung gave him a warning.

-And  the safety of the grandfather who was still unconscious at  Yangji  Hospital (their own hospital at that wherein the doctors where also under the control of CTJ) and  were able to save the grandfather from the assasin, :glasses:.

- By now they should be on alert and put security detail on Ji Min, Shi Wol, Jang Jung Hee, Jang Won Chul and even Ms. Yang Nam Kyung who is at the hospital 24 hrs a day keeping watch on the grandfather.

- But with the case of Mr. Hwang, I felt that they should have been more vigilant since Mr. Hwang turns out to be the owner of the majority shares not only his but also the ones in the name of Jung Ji Suk  (Mr. Jung). I felt that if they were able to learn who the owner was, then CTJ would also be able to discover the owner of those shares. :cold_sweat:

I am wondering, why is it that Shi Wol and Ji Min are unable to leave on the guise of a vacation? I hope after what happened to Mr. Hwang  (he realizes that he was an accessory to murder) and the confession of Kim Yoo JIn (knowledge that CKI is not the real son/heir of Yangji) CKI will finally agree to the divorce. 

Archived