[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

33 minutes ago, Barbara Riley said:

I honestly don't think Mr. Jang had a heart attack because JM is not his grandson (remember SW would only do a DNA test with the grandfather and JM),

JH confirmed and reiterated that JM is really his blood grandson.  I think grandpa would have been shocked that TY is his grandson.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an outlandish theory since they have so many episodes left to fill wih stories:

Hospital made a mistake. SB isn't dead.  Case of 'switched' identities.

Two children, with same injuries, came in at the same time.  Identity of SB and unknown child were 'switched ' and dead child was ID as SB.  Since no one claimed the surviving child, who has memory loss, she was sent to orphanage.  Same orphanage that raised TY and SW.

Reunion occurred when SW went to volunteer at orphanage, recognized SB and brought her home.:P

1 hour ago, Auntie Mame said:

Here's an outlandish theory since they have so many episodes left to fill wih stories:

Hospital made a mistake. SB isn't dead.  Case of 'switched' identities.

Two children, with same injuries, came in at the same time.  Identity of SB and unknown child were 'switched ' and dead child was ID as SB.  Since no one claimed the surviving child, who has memory loss, she was sent to orphanage.  Same orphanage that raised TY and SW.

Reunion occurred when SW went to volunteer at orphanage, recognized SB and brought her home.:P

This is more like Yeoreum-i in Home for summer :D

okay needing some help here I only just came into this drama half way through, is Kwang? suppose to be the bad guy here??  

I am not sure but feel as thou he was used by  not only his wife but wifes ex lover.  He raised a child that is not his and wife is partially in love with other man so it would seem.  He looks like he is trying to keep his composure but if he turned evil at this point (which i hope he doesnt) then i definitely cant blame him.

I would like the wife to stop jerking around with the other guy and try to put at least some attention back onto her husband.  If she put as much attention onto her husband instead of him then maybe he wouldnt be so angry and frustrated....

Does she have any remorse at all for marrying him for revenge?  He has turned into someone as angry and frustrated because she dragged him into it and married him falsely.  The rate she is going I am despising her and feeling sorry for him.  If she runs off with the ex lover bit I dont think i can stay with this drama.  Its hard watching him get used...

Then again like i said i only just came into the drama so not sure exactly what is going on right now......

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

I like how KI defend Jimin to Miran

( would you give up your son if somebody tell you to do so))..his really a father to jimin, you can feel that he really love his son even though its not his blood to bad for his situation, he is the son of CTJ and Miran who has a bigger sin to the jang family...

And Dukshil we know that she really never care to jimin becaue of her hatred to SW and the life SW have that's why even though jimin is like an enemy to hee, she still need to accept him to punish or to let SW feel of losing someone...that why even a little faith or sympathy to Dukshil i cannot give, she is very selfish to the core...

Yes , KI was the hero this episode. His guilt of keeping what his father done is finally eating him up. Jimin the son he raised and love is being treated like a ball. No one took into account that he really loves Jimin and because Jung Hee loves a child that wasn’t hers, he believes he can raise Jimin also because being blood related doesn’t make you a parent. @fragglerock It look like he is being used but he can stop being used if he would let SW go. He loves Si Wol too much and doesn’t want to let her go. Si Wol has reached her  tolerance level stying in that family with Choi Tae Joon because he is evil. CTJ needs to be destroyed because he still wants to kill OTY and Jimin. This is his Karma for coveting what doesn’t belong to him.  TBH Jung Hee has always been honest with him and trusted him. Before she married she told him she won’t be having another child. He could have refused to marry her but instead he insisted on marrying her and then sent her son to an orphanage. He tried to kill her son Twice and he got her granddaughter killed because he kidnapped her maternal grandmother in front of her. He had no remorse but enjoyed his pain and made sure his business deal fell through.  I believe KI can stop being used beveause he is the one who has the ultimate power but his desire to not lose him his family he has is where the problem lies. I on the other hand will blame him because he refuses to let go. Of he confess , I am positive Jung Hee will forgive him because his greed isn’t about power but a mother’s love. Does that make sense??

@UnniSarah  That does make sense, makes him all the more pitiful as well, hope she feels alot of guilt for still using him.  Another words they are heading in the direction of him eventually letting her go and her going back to the other guy and keeping their child and living happily ever after.

Not sure if its the actor or his acting but he appears to be overly confident and too smug in amongst everything going on.  Watching KI struggle makes me feel sorry for him.  Maybe its an underdog thing but nothing good will come of it, its drama land usually they end up with the raw end of the deal......

@fragglerock The actor did a great job as KI. He is able to find some people pity him.  

@nohamahamoud2002 also defends him and find him pitiful. His story is sad , he has done some terrible things but only because it was under his father’s advice. The problem with KI is his trust in his father is a bad idea. He really doesn’t understand his father or know his father. I believe KI would have ended up like dS if his really mother raised him but because JH raised him, he does have a good heart. If raised by MiRan he would never be able to love someone else’s child. 

Si Wol is feeling guilty and she wants KI to have children of his own and find love. She said that to him. She did feel bad but once he decided to threaten Jimin , she started not feel guilty. She wants to act like she doesn’t feel guilt anymore but it isn’t true. 

TBH I understand everyone point of view and understand why they do what they do. I will admit I fee more bad OTY. He grew up as an orphan, they tried to kill him twice, he lost the woman he loves, was forced to marry because he got DS pregnant from one night stand. He loses his daughter in death. He was so devastated and felt

really felt lost, he was abused when he was adopted and ended up back in the orphanage.  He never got to raise his first born son. 

Even before knowing they are related, JiMin called OTY his SOULMATE. Lol isn’t that cute. 

Choi Tae Joon is getting ready for his FIL to die. Can you believe that. He wasn’t even afraid to say to his wife. How could the man be so bold to say that to his wife. He is very confident and EVIL . I hate this guy so much because tbh he is the problem. He is the real problem. He is the cause of everyone’s pain. I wish KI would step up and tell his father he is done. DONE. 

Nah I dont buy it at all the only reason JM is back is because he got tricked by TY ,SW and his mom, he  would l still be acting the same with little guilt.

He did not decide this on his on  to bring   JM  home he did it because it benefited him. Remember he still thinks SW wants to work things out or whatever only reason he is defending her.

43 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Nah I dont buy it at all the only reason JM is back is because he got tricked by TY ,SW and his mom, he  would l still be acting the same with little guilt.

He did not decide this on his on  to bring   JM  home he did it because it benefited him. Remember he still thinks SW wants to work things out or whatever only reason he is defending her.

@dramaninja  Chingu, I forgot about that. Thank you for reminding me. He threatened to kill JM awhile back and sent to the states to live all by himself.  Well now I am confused lol lol  I think a small part of him love JM but his I know for a fact ? He doesn’t want OTY to know his son. Even before finally out who OTY is, he was jealous of JM &OTY’s relationship.  They were so close and KI at time felt left out.  

Everyone are drawn to the characters that touches them the most.

KI’s character hasn’t touched me at all. I feel his being used is entirely his fault. I see man who suffers from abandonment issue but that isn’t as severe as OTY. He has been used but he has always known who he was. Sure MJ, SK , Mr Park and JiEun may have a love-hate relationship but still he had some type of stability in his life and he hasn’t really suffered. 

Si Wol  I don’t think SW has a family but may also be a orphan. If I am wrong please correct me. From my POV, I see that KYW and SW had a formed a bond that was really tight. They were a family and once SW lost him, she was devastated to have lost her love and family. She had noting left to lose but then she finds out she is pregnant and all the suffering KYW suffered was due to Choi Tae Joon. From the beginning she dislike KI and when she found out that he took KYW’s place in the family, she snapped and decided to put things back in the rightful place. When she looked at KI she saw a loser. Even though she was using him, she tried to help him be better but he was truly a lost cause. He was set in his ways and very much spoiled by JH and Mr Jang. She worked for the company and tried to help the company grow legally no matter her efforts The Chairman still chose to do things by destroying other companies. I believe once KYW show up and the hatred he had toward SW pushed her to stay in the path she chosen. But TBH she was ready to give it up but OTY stoped her from telling the truth.

OTY a man who has no idea why he is an orphan, got adopted but ended back in the orphanage after much prejudice of being a curse and was abused. Then he met SW, became friends and became more. They were a family and she meant the world to him. Then someone tried to kill him for doing his job and something more . Although he was doing his job , SW stuck with him and then they tried to kill him but tje love of his life thought he died. He was scared and tried to lay low and then he went to find SW but she is married. He felt hurt and wanted vengeance. He changed his name and rebuilt his life. He became successful then went back to and saw the love of his life has a child. He met the child and bonded with him. He then started his revenge. He got married and became a father of a little girl. She is so cute and she was daddy’s little girl. OTY spent more time with the daughter than the wife. He was faithful and did as she wanted but it was never enough for DS. They never fell in love but he was nice to her. Then he lost his little girl because it turns out his MIL was the one who kidnapped him and dropped him off at the orphanage. At the moment of Set Byul’s death he started to think he is better off alone because everyone he loves just ends up leaving him.  OTY is a man who works hard, study hard and pushes himself to be a better man. He has morals that he won’t break. 

Min Jae was very honest with KI but it made me so mad. His POV made me mad because he was saying hurting a kid who isn’t related to him is best to get rid of so his son can be spoiled and loved by Mr Jang. He didn’t want his son to be overlooked by Mr Jang because he never showed him any attention. KI was given the title heir before he was born so MR Jang spoiled him. It may have been true to his eyes but no one survives in this world unless you work hard for it. Min Jae grew up with all the privilege that rich master is given. But he wasn’t smart and didn’t work really hard to get his grandfather’s attention. He assumed it should just be a given to him without him working for it. 

KI did work hard but his investment were failures but he tried to succeed on his own but was reckless about it. 

@UnniSarah remember KI is going to lose everything, it is logical that he is fighting for survival

TY is smart in business, independent, has both JM and SW and his mom and grandpa

KI used to have all that but will lose everything because of CTJ. KI doesn't want money, he just wanted a wife and child who care about him. His mistake is clinging to  SW who doesn't love him. If I were in his place I would have confessed everything to Junghee who loved him. She was kinder than CTJ and would have backed him, she would have advised him what to do. But I know now his ending will be tragic. What makes me sad is that KI isn't evil as NJ in left-handed wife but is still hated by viewers :(

@fragglerock welcome welcome. I need some help in defending  poor KI

30 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

KI used to have all that but will lose everything because of CTJ. KI doesn't want money, he just wanted a wife and child who care about him. His mistake is clinging to  SW who doesn't love him. If I were in his place I would have confessed everything to Junghee who loved him.

Jung Hee motherly instinct toward KI is still there. Jung Hee only hates Choi Tae Joon. You are correct @nohamahamoud2002 he will lose everything but not necessarily because JH comforted in the episode where Min Jae came in to defend his mother.  She instinctively patted his shoulder. So he will be forgiven and still be a part of the family. CTJ will end up alone because he is the one schemings. I hope KI doesn’t die but it might happen. 

I will make the GIF of that motherly

instinct. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8973310f7804ead6dcadf

@nohamahamoud2002 @UnniSarah  Looks like its you and me against the (unnisarah's) of the forum.....LOL

I am with you, at what point is it okay to use someone for revenge.  All the other drama's I have seen it was met with regret, heartache and appreciating the person you used by revenge

I dont normally support the evil guys of the drama's or the ones playing mind games but the main lead and his confidence or arrogance, not sure which could even be the actor.  But frankly he annoys me.  Granted he is adolpted and lost out on a lot, but these drama's lack in one common element they lack respecting boundaries.  This one being marriage.

If someone comes in and says divorce him/her they seriously consider it and I am like WTF, you went to all the trouble of saying yes to marrriage only to change that quickly.  She chose him out of revenge that is her lot in life now what ever he turns into is a direct result of that.  If she doesnt like it she should not of involved him into it.  If she is going to use revenge as a weapon you protect the one your using and fight to protect them since they are your shield in the first place.  You dont toss it away after its usefullness.

He may have people manipulating him even family for that matter, but how is she any different she married him and everything that is around him belongs to someone else.  Exactly what is he suppose to do right now.  Open the door and invite them in, Here I have been keeping them warm for you, please help yourself to my family, my son and my wife, take care bye.....SMH!!!

14 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

@UnniSarah @dramaninja dont get me wrong chingu, im not defending KI only in ep68 i feel his fatherly love towards jimin but actually KI also has fault what was happening now, if he didnot hold on to SW and after the merger he let go of both jimin and SW nothing like this happen..even though Jimin custody was on SW he was still his father and jimin will not angry with him but because of his poor decision he lost everything...

I felt it too @joan0528. I said KI was a hero in ep 68. His reaction was torn because Jimin and him are in the same situation. Why does blood have to matter. 

Archived