• Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

I dont hate KI, i only dislike him...

I hate most is Dukshil hahaha

Thank you :D

Still I will never understand how Korean drama writers think :wacko:

A son pays for his father's crimes  :scream:

Judging by your opinion, if the children pay for their parents crime, then jung hee must be punished because of the corrupt grandfather

6 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Oh I hate both of them actually I dont like it at  all when people use kids as pawns in their games.

I agree with you.

But otherwise, it is the writer who wants us to hate DS and KI,

I don't like that, she should have been more fair

@joan0528 The writer should have focused on the human side in KI

He wasn't bad initially. It is jealousy and revenge that changed him

I miss the older episodes when KI was simple :( 

4 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Junghee already suffer her punishment being away from his real son for 40yrs, being deceive by his husband and his so called son...do you think its not hee punishment??

It is unfair too

That's why I don't like this theory of children paying for their parents sins

It is unfair, unfair, unfair

Another point

Why does Jung hee treats her half-sister bad? She keeps telling her she illegitimate and she should be grateful, isn't this mean?!!!

This is why I don’t like K-Drama parents. Most of the time when they discover their biological child they are more than willing to forget about their other kid (whether they are adopted or biological [from their current marriage]). They seem to forget all the time that they have spent with their current child such as looking after them when they were ill or being worried about them for some reason or the other. They also seem to forget what that child did for them if they were in a bad spot etc..

Spoiler

In this case Kwang Ill wasn’t completely responsible for the situation that he seems to find himself in. for instance he never asked for being switched at birth and he didn’t intentionally hide this fact from her. Infact he even wanted to reveal this to her but was blackmailed by his wife not to do so. Something that she hasn’t rectified by the way. Plus, him agreeing to keep quiet was also on the basis that he assumed that the bio-child was actually dead so he thought that he could make up for his father’s actions by loving and taking care of his mother more. He actually became guilty when he discovered that this later part wasn’t true and that Mr. Sun was alive and well and the biological child. At this point him trying to conceal the fact made him guilty but his mother should have understood his fear of being abandoned. He told her as much. If she couldn’t hear the fear and concern in his voice and actions I feel that she is a terrible mother.

Another reason why I still don’t like her is because she still is so unreasonable. She knows that Shi Wol desperately wants to take care of her son and even knows how much she cares about said child yet she is more than willing to deprive Shi Wol of her son. As a mother who now knows what it means to long for a son that she never knew she had how could she be so cold hearted to separate a parent and child. She also knows what kind of complicated situation each of the party is in. For instance, she knows that her own son is married so him raising a child might not be the best idea as said child might get mistreated by his stepfamily and if her son wanted to be with Shi Wol as he suggested then that would mean that he would have to get a divorce. Would she be happy if her son had to break up a family to get what he wanted or to make her DiL happy?

She also knows how much her DiL has suffered in that house yet she still wants her to be part of the family. If she truly cared about the people she would let them go their separate way. Also she could still stay in touch with Jimin. I am sure that Shi Wol wouldn’t deny her that. The grandfather could be an issue who would also not want to lose his Biological Great Grandchild but if he gets to continue to meet him then all should be fine. But most importantly ASK for heaven’s sake what the grandchild wants instead of trying to impose their own wishes and desires on him. For instance, why try and force Yangji Group on a kid that has no interest or has any dreams of running it. Yes, you are a terrible family. In this case give up the company to someone who actually wants it and can run it well. Though to be honest there isn’t anyone who can do that so they probably need someone from outside but then the family doesn’t want to lose their management rights but that is another issue for another day.

So Duck is finally starting to reveal her true colours. Shows just how clingy the siblings are by trying to hold onto people that they know have no feelings for them. She is so darn manipulative I wonder how she ever managed to snag a great catch like her current husband. Oh wait she even manipulated that situation in her favour.

But at the same time I find her one Delusional Duck. Her latest comment to her mother makes little to no sense. She claimed that her husband cheated on her and has an illegitimate child and she has evidence to back it up. If said evidence is Jimin himself, she really needs some legal help. Her husband was unaware of his child and not only that he had Jimin before he married her so while her claim that he had an illegitimate child is valid him having the child through an affair is wrong. Anyone can easily prove this fact by checking Jimin’s birthdate as well as comparing it when they got married. If she means that he was having an affair with Shi Wol after they got married is a different thing. While we all know that isn’t the case it might be a bit harder to prove that this isn’t the case. She has pictures of them meeting at cafes and even them hugging each other in a park. The former might be explainable but not the later. This is because for the former they were meeting in public places and if they were having an affair it would be better to meet each other in private places without any public watching them etc.. ofcourse how long each of them met at those places could be taken into account. For instance, if they met for a couple of minutes it could be easily explained that they were meeting as friends or parents and nothing happened between them or better yet they were discussing their child and how to deal with situation XYZ regarding him.

So in other words that she has any kind of claim or hold over him is false. I agree that it won’t be so easy to get a divorce but it isn’t impossible. If she continues to be unreasonable like this, he can force her hands by taking the matter to court. Something that she wouldn’t want to happen. As of now she may think that she has the advantage even if he does that but due to her mother’s actions she will lose even that. If he reveals said fact then many people would support and take his side unless they were paid to do the other way.

While I really enjoy the main leads friends I really wish they stop discussing all these issues that the leads have at work. Just how secure is that spot. With Mr. Sun I would say that he doesn’t have much to worry about because the only people that actually work over there are his friend and himself. Duck used to work there but it seems like she has stopped doing so after her marriage. In his case his place is mostly secure. The only risk that he can face is if Duck decides to show up for an unannounced visit and overhears part of the conversation and all. She has every right to do so since she wants to meet her husband or perhaps she still works there and hasn’t been fired so comes there to work etc..

As for Shi Wol and her friend that seems to be more risky but also strange. Her friend always seems to speak in a loud voice. But the last time that she was discussing the situation with Shi Wol she was encouraging her to spill everything out boldly and even showed her how to do so. That was a pretty loud voice and I am surprised that nobody else heard it. Shi Wol as a team manager as her own office so in a way her room is secure but wouldn’t it make sense that she might have a secretary or two outside her office as well. After all she probably wouldn’t want to be disturbed by unannounced guests entering her office. Her In Laws don’t exactly count since they are family but what about others. She might have used her management privileges to prevent said fact of hiring secretaries so she may be safe but I do find it a bit odd. The location of her office may also be a factor as to why she can have said discussions safely without other people overhearing them and reporting them to the wrong people but then again it isn’t secure since Kwang Ill or his father can head over to her office to discuss something and learn who else knows the secret and take things into their own hands to keep the situation in their control.

The evil people still aren’t suffering enough. Nor is Karma coming to them. I think the best punishment each of them can suffer is if the families end up cutting ties with everyone. For instance, Duck tries to harm Jimin or Shi Wol due to her jealousies. In this case Kwang Ill rescues them but gets injured along the way I can see Miran become furious at her daughter for hurting her son and her brother and in a fit of rage cut of all ties with Duck leaving her all alone. As for Miran she still won’t get her son since Kwang Ill only considers Jung Hee as his mother. thus she ends up losing both her children. Tae Joon gets sentenced to prison and everyone decides to leave him after discovering what a monster he turned out to be. If he rots and dies in there even better. Just hope that he doesn’t bump into Dr. Prisoner over there. Then again perhaps meeting him might be a good idea. He will whip Tae Joon into shape.

@Greta Masalskyte Glad that you like my nickname for Duk Shill. I named her that because her name sounds a lot like Duck. Plus, I needed something to be funny in such a serious drama.

@calledtoteach Yes some of us even considered the fact that the maid’s nephew could be the grandfather’s child from a drunken one-night stand or even the fact that he is the maid’s grandchild as she could be one of his illegitimate daughters. Since neither have been confirmed both points are up for grabs and there isn’t enough evidence to claim the correct one.

For starters his reaction to how old her nephew was is a bit suspicious. It was like he was doing some mental calculations in his head and wondering if he slept with her in a drunken state or when he was sober etc. and if that could be his child.

As for the nephew being her child is just as vague. She seems to be concerned about him more than an Aunt should be. Perhaps he doesn’t have any family (parents) so she takes care of him like his mother. but other than that it could also be because he is indeed her son and she is covering up this fact to use as a trump card later on. She does seem to know the ideal type of the grandfather’s woman perhaps because that was how her mother was like or he told her. Her knowing this isn’t suspicious since she has been working for that family for a long time. Regardless of who the nephew is I don’t think that the writers would introduce him to the viewers for no reason. I can see him being casually mentioned once if he had no role to play in the story but to be mentioned numerous times are signs that he probably has a bigger role to play in the future. How that goes on remains to be seen.

I would rather prefer that it turns out to be the fact that her nephew is her son if he does have a role to play and the fact that she is his daughter rather than him having a drunken one night stand with her since I would feel a bit disgusted otherwise. She is young enough to be his daughter and him taking advantage of her is just plain wrong. On the other hand, if she took advantage of him like Duck did would be another story. While I would find it equally bad I could blame it on her. The writers might try and angle the story that way perhaps so that we don’t think that the grandfather is some kind of monster. Won’t work for me but it might work for other viewers.

@UnniSarah I can’t really read the maids reaction but she is clearly upto something. Just what it is is hard to figure out without knowing her true motives. I can still see her wanting to cause a division in that family to take it all while their attention is diverted by other drama in the family. Think about it she has spent so long serving that family but nobody seems to treat her nicely. The Goof Troop are always trying to embarrass her or tell her to shut up. Jung Hee treats her a bit well but at the same time she has issues such as not wanting her to purchase a house for her relative. Perhaps she knew that the maid would probably use the families’ money to buy said house. But then again she probably deserves a house due to the long service she has rendered to said family.

On a side note anyone notice the pictures that are sent to both Duck and Kwang Ill regarding Shi Woll and Mr. Sun meeting at the café. The angle is the exact same one. This could mean one of two possible things. The first one is that both siblings managed to hire the same person to take the pictures. (they get double the money for the same job. Making them extremely lucky) or the second one is that they each hired somone else but they managed to take the same picture from the same spot where the other person did. I leave it to your imagination to pick whichever one you want.

Also speaking of those two being watched by the Clingy Siblings is that still the case or have they finally stopped doing that. I mean just in the last episode Mr. Sun and Shi Wol had a secret meeting with Jung Hee. Granted getting a picture of them inside the room might be difficult but when they come out the photographer could have taken one. Then again it seems that Duck has stopped caring what Mr. Sun does as long as he stays with her since she is more interested in his money. The only one that cares about Shi Wol and Jimin leaving is Kwang Ill. His obsession needs to be toned down. I won’t consider it love anymore since if that was the case he would consider the happiness of the person that he loved rather than see them suffer. I do at times feel bad for him but at other times not so much.

In regards to the Goof Troop I do feel bad for them that they are treated poorly and all most of the time. But then again I don’t feel so bad in regards to the fact that they are totally incompetent so leaving them a company to run isn’t a smart idea. I would prefer if the people treated them like humans but that probably isn’t going to happen. Another reason why I don’t feel so bad for them is because they are so busy plotting to take over Yangji Group. Now I wouldn’t have much of an issue with this if they were even the slightest bit competent but since this isn’t the case not so much. Even the dad who apparently studied from Harvard isn’t as smart as Choi Tae Joon who doesn’t have that advantage. Speaking of those two I found it funny when both father and son were told to shut up and get lost by Choi Tae Joon and Kwang Ill. Perhaps if they weren’t so greedy they might have been more likable but for now they are more of a comic relief for me.

@tulip06 I disagree I would really think that the grandfather was facing his dose of karma if Mr. Sun successfully takes over his company and then to top it all of sells it of cheap. I guess if you really want to make him feel a bit better before he passes away he learns the truth. But the grandfather needs to pay for all the pain and misery that he has caused everyone around him due to his greed.

Well that will be all from my end. Waiting to get back home so that I can watch the latest episode. So till then take care and keep posting.

7 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

@dramaninja if i were to picked of course i really hate most is DS, from the beginning till now she really does thing that make the viewer hated her, but for KI at first i hate him for being so childish and clingy then i ship SW and KI when TY hurt SW but when KI suddenly change his attitude and become like his father i started to dislike him again but i dont know what might be the ending for him so i will leave that spot open first if i will hate him for good or not...

BUT FOR DUKSHIL THERE IS NO MERCY FOR HER EVER....

Yep DS something is not quite right with  her he is changing at an alarming rate into some truly evil 

Well yeah TY mom would be angry at KI and CTJ. KI  knew everything that his dad did and help him to hide it and even to send JM away. KI did not care about the real son and wanted to take his spot at any cause.  

I should she would have been much warmer towards KI if he was an active participant and told them right away what the dad has done.

Its a big difference where when they are working together to harm her biological son.

17 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Well yeah TY mom would be angry at KI and CTJ. KI  knew everything that his dad did and help him to hide it and even to send JM away. KI did not care about the real son and wanted to take his spot at any cause.  

I should she would have been much warmer towards KI if he was an active participant and told them right away what the dad has done.

Its a big difference where when they are working together to harm her biological son.

I don't think KI wanted TY's place because he is the real son

He is jealous because of SW's love to TY

If it was anyone else, he might have told Jung hee

24 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

@dramaninjaHave you seen the full episode today? SW and her friend talking about Junghee knowing the whole truth in their office when KI suddenly appeared unannouced, both SW and friend was shocked, i dont know if KI overheared them talking or what because KI didnot seem to notice SW and friend reaction..

Sometime SW friend must have a break on her mouth on discussing this issue at the office because they dint know who else listening or suddenly enter their office..

People always talking so loudly  or so much in dramas especially at their homes for some reason.

This drama is too controversial, I want to pull my hair 

KBS2 decided to keep revenge dailies of 100 episodes such as this one and (left handed wife, mysterious personal shopper, love till the end)

While KBS1 will cancel dailies of 120 :bawling: (such as sunny again tomorrow, it is my life, home for summer)

I prefer the more cheerful and easier 120 episode dramas

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Everyone hates KI: jung hee, SW, YW and later JM too, above all the writer hates him too :open_mouth:

Why?? Because he is CTJ's son   :bawling:

I hope you get my point

I will never understand Korean drama

@nohamahamoud2002 Chingu , I don’t hate KI. The only time O felt bad for him was when he asked Jung Hee  what would she do if she found out she wasn’t his mother?  

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@nohamahamoud2002 Chingu , I don’t hate KI. The only time O felt bad for him was when he asked Jung Hee  what would she do if she found out she wasn’t his mother?  

Thank you chingu :) . I always feel sorry for him

For me I am more used to revenge in Bollywood style, being a simple viewer where the villains are disgusting and the good guys are correcting things their own way :D 

Spoiler

rowdy-rathore8.jpg

@jayakris no offence, I am a Bollywood former addict, I love Indian movies very much :) 

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

People always talking so loudly  or so much in dramas especially at their homes for some reason.

And no one ever hears.  

But they will hear from yards and yards away on crowded streets. and around a corner at that.

Sorry that I couldn't join all the discussions and give preview blurb translations the last few days, as I was traveling...  @nohamahamoud2002 has been standing up for the KI and DS, for being hated for mostly their parents' crimes while their own sins are much less serious and would never even be necessary but for others' acts... I tend to agree (and @nohamahamoud2002, I am no fan of Bollywood either, though sometimes I like it that I don't have to think much whether the villains have redeeming features... They never have any).

--------------------------

And here is the preview for Ep 66 (Wednesday) - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,65,796764

Blurb: 시월은 다른 식구들 모르게 태양에게 지민을 만나게 해주는데... 집으로 돌아온 광일은 지민과 시월이 보이지 않자 찾아 나선다. 한편, 덕실은 지민의 일에 나서지 말라는 태양의 말에 기분 상하고, 지민의 일을 걱정하는 미란에게 무슨 수를 써서라도 지민을 데려올 거라고 말하는데....

Translation: SW lets TY meet JM without the knowledge of the rest of the family. As KI comes home, he doesn't see JM and SW, and comes out looking for them. Meanwhile,  DS takes offense at TY asking her not to get into the JM matter, and tells MR who worries about the JM matter, that she would bring JM over, whatever it takes.

So it looks like KI may see SW taking JM to meet SW??... Uh oh, problems... Everybody is running around, trying to figure out how to use JM for their own purposes.  Disgusting.

----------------------------

Meanwhile, the drama is getting very interesting, and it is reflecting in the ratings.  TNmS ratings have gone up from 12-13 at the beginning to 17+ now.  The Nielsen ratings (typically 3-4 lower than TNmS) have gone up from 9-10 at the beginning to 14.5 now.  After being #3 and #4 in its time slot all the time (and only a couple of times at #2) for the first 45 or so episodes, now it has been solidly at the second spot.  It has been #2 for the last eight episodes!

Good Morning  chingu’s  I love this drama because there are a lot of details that were used to connect the characters.

Choi Jung Woo// Choi Tae Joon  He is very talented. Now CTJ will playing the jealous card towards Jimin. Jimin is coming between them especially since KI used to obey and respect him. He was so happy that KI used to side with him .

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8978faf26545ee4e9a01c

CTJ received another Face Slap with the word FATE. Lol It was hilarious and so ironic since Jang Jung Hee mentioned it to his face. Lol lol  Because of Fate , he will be more dangerous. He will hate Jimin just like he hate OTY and he may try to kill Jimin just so he doesn’t he have to see h

anymore.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89765e19ba0648dd67d8a

Kang II is very desperate to keep his family together. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89765e19ba0648dd67d8a

Archived