Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절 - Mon-Fri 19:50 KST

Today's highlight (ep 54)

1.  DK brings up the topic of having another kid and Ty flatly refuses since every one he has loved has gone away from him.  

2.  TY speaks with Mr. Jung and finds out more of who he might be.  

3.  He has a server at the cafe record the conversation between CTJ and IMR where they talk about KI being their son.

4. The rich money lender finds out that IMR has a boyfriend.  (probably he will follow her on one of the outings that she seems to be having every so often).

5.  OTY is not allowing the merger between Logis Constuction and some holding company.

6.  DK knows that JM is OTY and SW son.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Its really becoming more interesting, the more TY dig about his past the he know who he is...DK now become crazy and will do anything to prevent TY to divorce her or either meet SW luckly Jimin is not around, DS cannot hurt him..SW become more stronger to fight againts KI, i think she already thinking that if she wait until the merger to get jimin, she think it will not gonna happen so she need to move and find another plan..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I cant believe in this drama they slapped SW 3times already haha..1st KI  2nd MIL and now 3rd for the preview its DS...how many time she will accept the slap until she will wake up and stand to do the right things...

• Like 2
  • Angry 8

19 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

I cant believe in this drama they slapped SW 3times already haha..1st KI  2nd MIL and now 3rd for the preview its DS...how many time she will accept the slap until she will wake up and stand to do the right things...

She just shrugs off their pathetic slaps  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

She just shrugs off their pathetic slaps  

Yes just accept any kinds of slap they give to her...

I think this week episode will reveal the switching of KI and TY but to early for YW to take back his family until he bring down KI and CTJ plan of merging two companies..

Everybody knows about jimin already and all that people hiding the truth to TY, what would TY feel if he learn the truth and all these people whi know hide the truth to him..

Im now only interested of TY knowing Jimin is his son..

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Could be this scene @jayakris

Not yet in this scene. His threatening of SW may be following this scene.  Here SW was trying to confirm that she would get full custody of JM, and asking how her MIL will allow it.  CTJ said all SW had to do was to say that JM was not KI's son.  Then what about the DNA test, asks SW.  CTJ casually says it is no problem for him to get a fake DNA test also.  Then the assistant runs in saying that TY is opposing the merger.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

Today's highlight (ep 54)

1.  DK brings up the topic of having another kid and Ty flatly refuses since every one he has loved has gone away from him.  

2.  TY speaks with Mr. Jung and finds out more of who he might be.  

3.  He has a server at the cafe record the conversation between CTJ and IMR where they talk about KI being their son.

4. The rich money lender finds out that IMR has a boyfriend.  (probably he will follow her on one of the outings that she seems to be having every so often).

5.  OTY is not allowing the merger between Logis Constuction and some holding company.

6.  DK knows that JM is OTY and SW son.

@angelwingssf if TY has the recorder of CTJ and Miran conversation then he will also hear them saying that SW know everything about the switching and threatened them and also about jimin right?? Dont tell me the recorder only talks about KI being their son??..but maybe that part will reveal later as of now TY only hear about KI being CTJ and Miran son..

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Not yet in this scene. His threatening of SW may be following this scene.  Here SW was trying to confirm that she would get full custody of JM, and asking how her MIL will allow it.  CTJ said all SW had to do was to say that JM was not KI's son.  Then what about the DNA test, asks SW.  CTJ casually says it is no problem for him to get a fake DNA test also.  Then the assistant runs in saying that TY is opposing the merger.

I just watched the episode.  Yes, CTJ does tell her after this scene (which we see only in SW's flashback before meeting TY at the lake in the park).  He tells her that his offer to let her get a divorce and leave with JM is all contingent on the merger.  She has to get TY to back off, or she might well not see JM ever again, he said.  "Not see, JM?" asks SW.   CTJ:  "Well, JM may never be given back to you, I mean".  That is a hint that JM is basically a hostage under his control.   She later asks TY at the cafe, in somewhat of a non-pushy and unconvinced way, to not go ahead with his objection to the merger.  "Jimin... Because I'm worried for Jimin", she says.  I guess the conversation continues in the next episode.

45 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

@angelwingssf if TY has the recorder of CTJ and Miran conversation then he will also hear them saying that SW know everything about the switching and threatened them and also about jimin right?? Dont tell me the recorder only talks about KI being their son??..but maybe that part will reveal later as of now TY only hear about KI being CTJ and Miran son..

No, the recording does not give the switch details.  It does have CTJ saying "KI is our son, you know.  The son you gave birth to".  That is all. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I just watched the episode.  Yes, CTJ does tell her after this scene (which we see only in SW's flashback before meeting TY at the lake in the park).  He tells her that his offer to let her get a divorce and leave with JM is all contingent on the merger.  She has to get TY to back off, or she might well not see JM ever again, he said.  "Not see, JM?" asks SW.   CTJ:  "Well, JM may never be given back to you, I mean".  That is a hint that JM is basically a hostage under his control.   She later asks TY at the cafe, in somewhat of a non-pushy and unconvinced way, to not go ahead with his objection to the merger.  "Jimin... Because I'm worried for Jimin", she says.  The conversation continues in the next episode, I guess.

Little by little we getting somewhere  .

These monsters keep using a child as a weapon.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

As I previously said, TJ and MR has to lose a child, in order to experience the pain of losing a child.  Best bet is that KI has to die.  Then, they'll both feel the pain.  (Killing two birds with one stone.)-_-

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

As I previously said, TJ and MR has to lose a child, in order to experience the pain of losing a child.  Best bet is that KI has to die.  Then, they'll both feel the pain.  (Killing two birds with one stone.)-_-

In order to save JM - KI needs to die to feel the pain of losing a child - that too a hit ordered by TJ.  

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

if TY has the recorder of CTJ and Miran conversation then he will also hear them saying that SW know everything about the switching and threatened them and also about jimin right?? Dont tell me the recorder only talks about KI being their son??..but maybe that part will reveal later as of now TY only hear about KI being CTJ and Miran son..

@jayakris already responded.  They don't talk about the switch , but just that he wants TY to not hinder the merger.  And the fact that KI is their son.  

@Auntie Mame- Where are you by the bay in California?

• Like 4

TY is soooo close to figuring out who is mom is so, I think he will this week.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

I really feel that KI's motives for revenge are different from his father:

The father hates the whole family who treated him as a dog. He wants to take over everything because he believes it is his right after working like a slave (I compare him to Jo Aera in Left-handed Wife).

On the other hand, KI used to love his mother and grandfather. The problem for KI that he wants revenge against SW and TY because he believes that SW betrayed him. His motives for revenge are totally different. He doesn't have a grudge against his mother and grandfather, but his problem is with TY. He feels that TY robbed him of his place as a grandson, as father of JM (whom he doesn't hate) and lover of SW. That's why it is him vs TY only. Unlike his father who keeps claiming what doesn't belong to him. For KI, it is jealousy that is moving him.

For me the father is the bigger sinner because he put his son in this family by force. KI was a victim for the first part of his life before knowing he is CTJ's biological son. When he learned the truth, he had a chance to say it but he didn't because he was weak. This was his problem. When he learned that TY was still alive he started suspecting SW then learned that JM isn't his son. In my opinion, he should have divorced her, although it is hard but it was better than what happened to him later on. He lives in a big lie, but then his devilish father is egging him on. Later on he was used by his father to achieve his father's revenge against the whole family, while KI was thinking only about his revenge against SW and TY. KI is emotional so he will make mistakes, unlike his scheming calculating father

So like Namjun in Left-handed wife (who was used by his mother), KI is used by his father. I am not saying he is good, but I believe he is a toy in the real devil's hand. 

@jayakris  I know you are objective so I hope you tells me your opinion

I find KI an interesting character in all his complexities. His motives are mixed. But I admit he turned evil now, although he is a bit different from his father who lost his humanity long ago. For me KI is driven by feelings of jealousy and disappointment. He is totally blinded by hatred now. I think he will continue like this till the end. I may miss some points, so forgive me (I skip some episodes because the amount of evil is too horrible for me to watch).

My friends, if you welcome my analysis, I can drop by from time to time to give my opinion, because it is exhausting to focus on the motives of characters. I know for most of you, it is easier to say that a character is either good or bad, but for me there is a grey part in each person, this grey part is what attracts me. The actors who play these roles exert a tremendous effort, a double effort to reflect many mixed feelings. I hope you get my point. 

For me DK and Miran are also grey characters. KI turned from grey to black, but I am sure the writer will throw some moments of the old KI now and then. Luckily I am not a fan of actor Choi Sung-jae (KI) so I won't defend him :)

• Like 8

I really hope that this time Shi Wol tells Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Young the truth and ask for his help to get Ji Min back and to keep him safe (get him from where he is abroad and hide him from Choi Tae Joon and Choi Kwang Il. The nerve of these people, taking what is not theirs. I hope the writer punishes them in this drama big time! Duk Shil on the other hand is a collateral damage, however I hope she does not do anything bad like her mother.  Losing Set Byul was a punishment (karma). I hope she and her mother realizes this before it is too late. As it is now her mother is still being greedy and not repentant of what she did many many years ago. 

• Like 3

Why do i feel that there is another time jump in this sftory? We still have 40+more episode to go and TY knowing his identity and fighting with them to take yangji will not take up the 40+episode unless the writer will sliw down the story...if there is a time jump it will be more interesting, SW planning to reorganize the group again while jimin become much more adult,, TY planning for anothet attack to take back what is his knowing his true identity...

KI marrying another woman and jiwook become much bigger also and now a threat to both choi..

Just only my feels...

• Like 4