[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

Hmmm, Mr Jung should fold up his fortune-telling shop and stay in his mountain.  I remember him saying that he had withdrawn from the world. He must have withdrawn so much that his fortune-telling skills are totally skewed.

His skills must not be any good if he is advising, and being friends, with those two guys.  One old geezer is a high interest money lender.  The other geezer is a crook, who orders a murder.  And, Mr Jung never saw anything bad in CTJ, either? 

Mr Jung,

Either take a refresher course or hang it up. :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, hell59 said:

I am wondering if SW will tell TY that JM is his son. I doubt she's going to do it. This drama is finally getting more interesting!

even if she doesn’t want to tell him and make excuses for it, i don’t think TY will easily believe her alibi. he’s putting things together now and even if SW says otherwise, he’ll find it out himself. but i really hope she would tell him already so we can finally see where jimin is and if he is actually doing good.

3 hours ago, AaliyaS said:

Things are getting interesting. This is Thursday episode?

I think this is for tomorrow’s episode. it seems like TY is angry at SW for knowing about the switch and for not telling him. And then there’s finally SW’s friend going to TY telling him that SW life’s was ruined maybe because of wanting to get revenge for TY and of all people, maybe she’s saying that TY can’t be angry at SW because all of what she’s done was both for him and JM.

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

My guess is she will admit it to TY after all but will ask TY to keep it a secret for now moat specially the Choi are keeping their eyes to SW plus DS is also a threat to Jimin safety once DS know the TY already know about Jimin...because SW now dont have any alibi to tell to TY that jimin is not his son, its only a matter of DNA testing which prove it and TY is capable of doing that if he really needed to..

Possible. But there is a chance that the suspicious secretary will start to play some role here too.  The preview shows her observing CTJ and MR.  So she may figure things out on her own, and do something about JM, since she is in charge of him.  I continue to think that she is aiming to bring her nephew into the family.   She may hide JM?.....  If my suspicion is right, then SW and TY may soon have to take on the secretary also, along with fighting CTJ and KI.  They may then have to open up to TY's mom and get her help in this fight.  Oh, damn, this stuff could get really complex.  What a drama story! 

12 minutes ago, AaliyaS said:

Things are getting interesting. This is Thursday episode?

No, it is the Friday episode.  Ep 58.  Unusual for the preview to be out so early for that, when Ep 57 is yet to air.

Wow !  SW's  assistant in action actually telling TY that he should not do that to SW.  Nice.  At least YW and SW will make up.  I was wondering what the assistant's  role in this drama.  Jieun is actually doing a great job of texting pics of SW and YW to their respective partners.  Looking for tomorrow's episode and the day after episode.  

I am already doubly excited for Friday's episode.

Here is the Thursday (Ep 57) preview - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,56,796397

Blurb:  덕실은 태양에게 사람을 붙이는데.. 또다시 태양과 시월이 함께 있는 모습을 본 덕실은 장회장 집으로 시월을 찾아간다. 한편, 태양은 지민으로부터 수목원의 묘가 진짜 할아버지 묘라는 사실을 시월에게서 들었다는 말에 충격에 빠지는데....

Translation:  DS puts a tail on TY.  On seeing TY again meeting SW, DS makes a visit to Chairman Jang's house. Meanwhile, TY is shocked on hearing from SW of JiMin and about the grave at the woods to be his real grandfather's.

So, if SW tells him that it is JM's real grandfather's grave, it would be clear to TY that JM is his son, right?

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

Wow !  SW's  assistant in action actually telling TY that he should not do that to SW.  Nice.  At least YW and SW will make up.  I was wondering what the assistant's  role in this drama.

Exactly.  Seeing the E58 (friday) preview, it seems like SW tells TY about JM at the end of E57 (thursday).  The cafe discussion in the E58 preview should be at the beginning of the episode, then.  He is asking SW, "you knew about me and KI being switched, right?"...  He tells her that he won't forgive her, and seems to walk out.  Looks like SW's assistant seonbae goes and yells at TY for doing that to SW.   You go lady! ...  That assistant has been great in the drama. 

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

That assistant has been great in the drama. 

Right!  Everytime I see her I think she is not used well by the writer.  She is this support for SW and I expected her to go yell at YW before he even slept with DK.  So, I want her to come guns blazing and help SW find JM.  She has many contacts.  To me she looks like a smooth talker and smarty pants.  SW is engulfed in self pity and she needs a good knock on her head.  I think SW has not confided a lot with her secretary yet, but she is very loyal to SW.  She gets anything SW wants.  That is why a couple of episodes ago, I wanted SW to ask her secretary to get her a new passport.  That way, no one will suspect her.

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

So, if SW tells him that it is JM's real grandfather's grave, it would be clear to TY that JM is his son, right?

Yep!!  At this point in time, SW does not know that YW has pieced all the puzzle pieces of him being switched at birth.  When they say real grandfather, YW knows that it is his father.  So, he can be sure that JM is his son.  But SW is just telling him the facts  and making sure that YW knows that CTJ is not JM grandfather, unaware that he (YW) already knows that the man in the grave is his father.  

It is pretty normal for YW to be angry at SW.  Who wouldn't be.  Normal people wear their anger on their sleeve.  I did not expect YW to just say hunky dory and move on.  

6 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Wow !  SW's  assistant in action actually telling TY that he should not do that to SW.  Nice.  At least YW and SW will make up.  I was wondering what the assistant's  role in this drama.  Jieun is actually doing a great job of texting pics of SW and YW to their respective partners.  Looking for tomorrow's episode and the day after episode.  

I am already doubly excited for Friday's episode.

@jayakris Thanks you for the translation . Aren’t you glad you joined us. :D

@angelwingssf I love SW sunbae, she goes and tell him off . She spills the bean on SW. TBH , I am glad OTY figures it out on his own. This drama is really based on the male leads and about their journey in life. Right now OTY is actually lonely and in so much pain because he doesn’t know who to trust. He can’t trust his wife because she will always try to protect her mom even when her mom is in the wrong. Once she finds out what her mom she will be mad but still try to make him understand why her mom did it. 

Chingu’s Do you guys know, if DS’s mom didn’t try to give her daughter advice, DS and OTY wouldn’t be fighting like that. Now with the mysterious person (JiEun) following SW and OTY and sending pictures of them meeting to the spouses is just making them fight even more.

I enjoyed watching Jung Hee’s sister and her family plot to dig in CTJ past. All this digging will only infuriate them some more because with them digging they will find out KI is a fraud . Then they will discover about OTY and finally piece everything together. They will either hid the info or reveal parts of it. Lol lol lol  Very cute watching this family scheme 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975257070bbb488db479

Actually the assistant  has no right to yell at TY at all he has the right to be angry not like he knows any details  and its a really sensitive subject for him ,but I am glad she did though of course.

Also this looks like the very same situation TY was in with DS when TY was drunk and calling out to SW but this time its real.

7 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Actually the assistant  has no right to yell at TY at all he has the right to be angry,but I am glad she did though of course.

Also this looks like the very same situation TY was in with DS when TY was drunk and calling out to SW but this time its real.

@dramaninja I am just glad she yells at him so the truth can finally come out. I am not saying she is right but I am so tired of him not knowing the full picture.  SW will never spill the beans. She is keeping her mouth shut so she and Jimni can finally leave the Jang household. 

Mr Jang has some Berber ratting out Choi Tae Joon when he was following his order at first. Choi Tae Joon still want to murder OTY so his son can

inherit everything. He might actually try to do it again. 

Jung Hee was so shocked to hear they tried to kill OTY. She looks shocked and scared. 

Knowing this Now, Choi Tae will flip the script by reminding her he did for her son. She will believe it and feel so much guilt towards OTY. Without him realizing it, he will bring mother and son closer together. Every time she here something about OTY , she can’t seem to sleep soundly and worry. Lol lol 

40 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@jayakris Thanks you for the translation . Aren’t you glad you joined us. :D

@angelwingssf I love SW sunbae, she goes and tell him off . She spills the bean on SW. TBH , I am glad OTY figures it out on his own. This drama is really based on the male leads and about their journey in life. Right now OTY is actually lonely and in so much pain because he doesn’t know who to trust. He can’t trust his wife because she will always try to protect her mom even when her mom is in the wrong. Once she finds out what her mom she will be mad but still try to make him understand why her mom did it. 

Chingu’s Do you guys know, if DS’s mom didn’t try to give her daughter advice, DS and OTY wouldn’t be fighting like that. Now with the mysterious person (JiEun) following SW and OTY and sending pictures of them meeting to the spouses is just making them fight even more.

I enjoyed watching Jung Hee’s sister and her family plot to dig in CTJ past. All this digging will only infuriate them some more because with them digging they will find out KI is a fraud . Then they will discover about OTY and finally piece everything together. They will either hid the info or reveal parts of it. Lol lol lol  Very cute swing this family scheme  

Lol they are on digging their own demise here.

All they doing is  helping too stubborn people get back together but also pave the way for the real son to return I really cannot wait until I see their reactions.

@UnniSarah Yep SW would just take the pain and think she deserves  it without explaining anything.  They are both so stubborn.

OK.  So, we know what today's ending was.  Finally SW acknowledges that JM is his son.  No Preview though, since we already found it.  IT was strange that the regular episode did not release the preview.  JM calls OTY and speaks to him.  He is in a room and being monitored.  

4 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Whats up in this scene?

CTJ reminiscing IMR 's cooking skills!!  Are they trying to pair them together?

The second one two old school mates drinking together reminiscing about old times?:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

OK.  So, we know what today's ending was.  Finally SW acknowledges that JM is his son.  No Preview though, since we already found it.  IT was strange that the regular episode did not release the preview.  JM calls OTY and speaks to him.  He is in a room and being monitored.  

Good about  time. DS and KS can get angry all they want at this point. TY knows everything now you can no longer stop whats coming.

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Whats up in this scene?

The first scene has the secretary serving the family some soup (I believe some Moray Eeel soup) made by DS' mom that DS brought when she went there to see SW.  The secretary tells the loser family that DS' mom once ran a Eel soup restaurant.  The loser family is making digs at everybody.  It is supposed to be good for summer, but tastes good in winter too, say the chairman and the other son in law. JiEun asks KI and SW how it tastes, hinting at what she knows about the one who made it.  JH tells CTJ that he must be happy with the soup, as he always asks for "eel, eel" all summer  (again, if I got the food item correct).  He refutes that, but remembers later in his room MiRan serving him the soup, saying it is a regional dish not known to Seoul people, etc.  At the end, JH starts to ask CTJ about OTY but decides against it.

The seocnd scene is SW telling TY that she shouldn't meet him again.  She then doesn't pick up the call.  Then the two people's assistants meet at the cafe.  When SW leaves from work, OTY is waiting there.  She says this is hard on her, and he yells at her about how much harder it has been for him.  Then he asks SW, "Ji Min... is my son, isn't he?" and shocks SW.

Oh yikes, by the way, I just noticed that I had translated this line wrongly yesterday, as I put in the preview blurb translation -

13 hours ago, jayakris said:

Meanwhile, TY is shocked on hearing from SW of JiMin and about the grave at the woods to be his real grandfather's.

It was actually, TY is shocked on hearing from JM that SW told him of the grave at the woods being his real grandfather's.  I read the Korean line too fast when I posted it.  Mea culpa. I should never read Korean too fast :( ... Anyway, no damage.  It just delayed SW's admission to TY to the end of Episode 57 and he knew it before she confirmed it, thanks to the phone call from JM.

---------

And here is the preview for E58 (Friday) - http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,57,796398

Blurb: 시월은 태양이 모든 걸 알게 되자 미안한 마음에 자신이 왜 숨겼는지 사실대로 말하지 못하고 오히려 태양에게 아프게 말하는데... 태양은 시월이 자신을 속였다는 사실에 배신감을 느끼고 괴로워한다. 한편, 진팀장은 시월의 처지가 불쌍해 태양을 찾아가는데....

Translation:  As TY has figured out everything, SW is apologetic and is unable to tell him truthfully why she had to conceal things, and her words are instead painful for TY. He is tormented by the feeling of betrayal at the fact that SW deceived him.  Meanwhile, Team-leader Jin feels bad for SW's situation, and goes to see TY...

Archived