[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

27 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

Why TY's mother can't know the truth about her son? Maybe she would stop the merge and kick out her husband for lier and greed. Why TY must suffer alone? What is waiting SW for telling TY that JM is his son? Well, we have 54 more episodes for reveal all this.

I feel the same way chingu @0ly40. Why are they taking so long for him to find out. I wonder why they are prolonging this secret. It is a terrible idea because how will they be able to bring our OTP back together. 

OTY finding out that Jimni is his son would most likely have a frustrated Choi Tae Joon like below. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897efdd822435a033ba12

In this scene , I was shocked to see him dare call OTY a leech when he is the one leeching off the Jang. The company he is coveting rightfully is OTY's birthright. Intead all he thinks about is himself. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:
21 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

Why TY's mother can't know the truth about her son? Maybe she would stop the merge and kick out her husband for lier and greed. Why TY must suffer alone? What is waiting SW for telling TY that JM is his son? Well, we have 54 more episodes for reveal all this.

I feel the same way chingu @0ly40. Why are they taking so long for him to find out. I wonder prolonging this secret is a terrible idea because how will they be able to bring our OTP back together. 

It is not very clear to me why SW is not telling TY about JM.  I know she is worried of what CTJ and KI would do to JM, but she knows she can trust TY to not show that he knows it.... She needs to be smart and figure out that JM is in danger and get TY's help.   The earlier worry that she will be interfering in TY's married life is less of a concern, especially when she knows he is grieving SB's death and that it would comfort him a lot to know that he has a great son.  As always, I may be missing some equation here.

2 minutes ago, jayakris said:

It is not very clear to me why SW is not telling TY about JM.  I know she is worried of what CTJ and KI would do, but she knows she can trust TY to not show that he knows it.... She needs to be smart and figure out that JM is in danger.   The earlier worry that she will be interfering in TY's married life is less of a concern, especially when she knows he is grieving SB's death and that it would comfort him a lot to know that he has a great son.  As always, I may be missing some equation here.

I think the reason might be she is feeling guilty as she deceived him in not letting him know about JM before.  You cannot replace one child with another JM is JM and SB is SB ; If he has other children - they would be themselves.  He could be angry that SW hid the truth from him and alienate him.  Right now she wants to get out of the marriage and get full custody of JM.  Any deviation from it, could cause problems for her.  Also, she is unaware that OTY is finding out about himself through MR. Jung.  She does not know that part ;  She is also not aware of the fact that he was abducted the second time and SB coming out to give her grandmother the phone and seeing being taken away by thugs and eventually getting killed because she was not watched, is also something SW does not know.  So, she is only thinking of herself without factoring all the other issues he is going through.   

36 minutes ago, jayakris said:

It is not very clear to me why SW is not telling TY about JM.  I know she is worried of what CTJ and KI would do to JM, but she knows she can trust TY to not show that he knows it.... She needs to be smart and figure out that JM is in danger and get TY's help.   The earlier worry that she will be interfering in TY's married life is less of a concern, especially when she knows he is grieving SB's death and that it would comfort him a lot to know that he has a great son.  As always, I may be missing some equation here.

@jayakris  You aren't really missing anything at all. You are correct SW needs to spill it because Jimni is in danger. :D

29 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I think the reason might be she is feeling guilty as she deceived him in not letting him know about JM before.  You cannot replace one child with another JM is JM and SB is SB ; If he has other children - they would be themselves.  He could be angry that SW hid the truth from him and alienate him.  Right now she wants to get out of the marriage and get full custody of JM.  Any deviation from it, could cause problems for her.  Also, she is unaware that OTY is finding out about himself through MR. Jung.  She does not know that part ;  She is also not aware of the fact that he was abducted the second time and SB coming out to give her grandmother the phone and seeing being taken away by thugs and eventually getting killed because she was not watched, is also something SW does not know.  So, she is only thinking of herself without factoring all the other issues he is going through.   

@angelwingssf   I believe because she doesn't know about these incindents is why she should be spilling the beans becasue Jimni is in danger. I don't think CTJ plans on giving Jimni to SW at all. Jimni is his trump card and he knows it. I saw a weird look on the maid face when SW told her how much she trust her. I don't think Jimni is where they said he is. 

23 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Because SW plan now was to live with jimin away from both TY and KI....although SW know that TY can help her in locating and protecting their son, still SW dont want TY to get involve most specially now that TY have a family of his own..i understand most of us is frustrated of what SW is doing not telling TY everything but we still dont know what she thinking that why...maybe she have a better plan and i think SW wanted to tell TY the truth when she ready to loose Jimim or when jimim can understand the situation already...

@joan0528 To all I quoted, each answer you gave had a valid point. SW #1 problem is she doesn't want to cause problem with OTY and his wife. She doesn't know their marriage is already over. #2 She doesn't want another woman raising Jimni either  #3 SW really wants to get away from the Jang family and  OTY but her hearts keep swaying towards OTY. I also think she still think OTY needs to be protected. TBH I fear SW realy doesn't know what to do. It will take a life that is in danger before she will speak because of how many ways thing can go wrong. 

6 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

@UnniSarah thank you...

It look like in the preview for tomorrow TY will tell SW that he knows already who his parents are and TY telling SW that he wants to take back everything from KI..i wonder what SW reaction to this..

@joan0528  I am dying to know what she is going to say. I want to see if she will make us happy or disappoint us. 

7 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

That's the problem, we will suffer for long and things get revealed near the end :rolleyes:

Why does this writer leave loop holes?

Who was the person who sent the picture to DS?

why did SW and YW come to the cafe to talk.  The park seemed more private than the cafe.

Why did Mr. Jung stop TY to speak further after he told that KI is CTJ bio son - he did not want to think that JH son was OTY?  

why does anyone not ask the "HOW" question?  DK took it for granted that her mom knew that JM was OTY son?  Does she not want to know how she found out?  maid, neighbor, talk around town etc.,

Why is SW getting slapped by this DK scum?  Maybe I should pull SW out and give her an electric shock. 

Who screams like DK.  Is that normal.  IT was horrendous even to watch.  What happens to vocal chords when they scream like that?  Geez, you are not an animal DK.  Behave like a lady.  

Why does anyone not have any qualms about fraud.  Because they have done it for so long and gotten away with it.  Why does the grandfather not reprimand the son in law?  Why does he think it is OK.  He must have done the same and gotten away with it.  

Who does IMR think that you can replace a new child for a dead one?  Especially if one of the parents don't want it.  Do MIL speak so openly with SIL - That too in an asian household?  surprising.  I can understand IMR speaking with DK about it, but with the SIL -  seems strange.  

:heart:

In the preview, is TY disclosing to JH about the switch?  What misunderstanding is she does not know about and who is she saving as a mother ?  KI or OTY ? Since TY is more of a straight shooter, did he tell JH about it.  And how Mr. Jung gave him the tea cup?  If that is true, I am excited about tomorrow's episode !!!:mrgreen:

6 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

I will just give you the explainationof what i understand about the preview...TY already know who his mother was with the help of mr.jung and mr.jung asked TY what he gonna do which TY reply that he will take back everything that belongs to him..now the part when junghee and TY talking,, in the preview you can see that SH is telling JH about TY living a fake identity in other to stay close with his lover SW which also made confirm by JuH to SW when they talk in ep55 that JH think TY revenge to yangji was because of SW, back to the main topic, junghee meet TY in the cafe maybe junghee tell something to TY and TY ask junghee how to is gling to solve the misunderstanding and JH ask TY not to disapprove with the merger, she said that as a mother she will do anything top protect her son (KI) which made TY sad, (maybe also she will ask TY to talk to SW and not to divorce KI, as you see in the preview the TY and SW talking)

:bawling:  you kind of burst my bubble . I was hoping JH to get to know about it soon.  Anyway,  look forward to tomorrow's episode.  

On 8/20/2019 at 7:41 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I really feel that KI's motives for revenge are different from his father:

The father hates the whole family who treated him as a dog. He wants to take over everything because he believes it is his right after working like a slave (I compare him to Jo Aera in Left-handed Wife).

On the other hand, KI used to love his mother and grandfather. The problem for KI that he wants revenge against SW and TY because he believes that SW betrayed him. His motives for revenge are totally different. He doesn't have a grudge against his mother and grandfather, but his problem is with TY. He feels that TY robbed him of his place as a grandson, as father of JM (whom he doesn't hate) and lover of SW. That's why it is him vs TY only. Unlike his father who keeps claiming what doesn't belong to him. For KI, it is jealousy that is moving him.

For me the father is the bigger sinner because he put his son in this family by force. KI was a victim for the first part of his life before knowing he is CTJ's biological son. When he learned the truth, he had a chance to say it but he didn't because he was weak. This was his problem. When he learned that TY was still alive he started suspecting SW then learned that JM isn't his son. In my opinion, he should have divorced her, although it is hard but it was better than what happened to him later on. He lives in a big lie, but then his devilish father is egging him on. Later on he was used by his father to achieve his father's revenge against the whole family, while KI was thinking only about his revenge against SW and TY. KI is emotional so he will make mistakes, unlike his scheming calculating father

So like Namjun in Left-handed wife (who was used by his mother), KI is used by his father. I am not saying he is good, but I believe he is a toy in the real devil's hand. 

@jayakris  I know you are objective so I hope you tells me your opinion

I find KI an interesting character in all his complexities. His motives are mixed. But I admit he turned evil now, although he is a bit different from his father who lost his humanity long ago. For me KI is driven by feelings of jealousy and disappointment. He is totally blinded by hatred now. I think he will continue like this till the end. I may miss some points, so forgive me (I skip some episodes because the amount of evil is too horrible for me to watch).

My friends, if you welcome my analysis, I can drop by from time to time to give my opinion, because it is exhausting to focus on the motives of characters. I know for most of you, it is easier to say that a character is either good or bad, but for me there is a grey part in each person, this grey part is what attracts me. The actors who play these roles exert a tremendous effort, a double effort to reflect many mixed feelings. I hope you get my point. 

For me DK and Miran are also grey characters. KI turned from grey to black, but I am sure the writer will throw some moments of the old KI now and then. Luckily I am not a fan of actor Choi Sung-jae (KI) so I won't defend him :)

When KI first learnt the truth, he wanted to tell his Grandpa and Mother the truth.  It was SW who stopped him.  She said for JM's sake, she would need him to stay on as the legitimate heir.  KI told his father this conversation with SW.  Recently, the writer made it look like the conversation never took place cos KI told his Dad that SW knows the truth so they had to be careful in dealing with her!  Actually the father even had a talk with SW about it. Writer has amnesia so make the characters look like they don't remember such important conversations! 

When KI discovered the truth about his birth, he thought that SW provided him the moral support he needed to get through it.  Hence I think he felt doubly betrayed by SW.    

I too may not a fan of Choi Sung-jae.  I don't 'defend' or 'attack'? characters based on whether I am their fan or not.  I don't remember 99.8% of the actors names or anything about them.  Once the series is over, they are out of my mind!  It is the character they portray that either gets my sympathy or make me itch to smack them!  And for this drama, as I mentioned earlier, I almost didn't watch the drama because I don't think highly of the main female lead's acting skills.  I watched it because I like the acting of the main lead.  Yet in this drama, she and JM are the only ones I root for.  But no way do I still consider her acting 'great'.  I still don't care all that much for YW's character.  

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Finally, TY knows!

Anyone else notice the soothsayer has only three expressions? Blank, Constipated Confusion, and “I’ve made a HUGE mistake.”

That is so funny and true. That is all he has to do. Smh smh 

Awesome episode, now that Mr Jung knows that KI is CTJ biological son. I wonder what will he do??  Mr Jung also has an admirer ( The Maid) lol lol  The way she touched her cheeks when he came to the house. giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8976b05e0d5fbedfb28a5

I am proud of SW , she didn’t put pressure on OTY to let the merger go through. She did in fact put OTY first. So very proud of her. From this episode I see that she is still going through the “I need to pay for my sins now.” I can’t wait until she stops going through that phase. I also loved the fact that she found out about the account fraud. She wasn’t surprised at all .

KI i still being a fool. Trusting his father way of doing things. His dad commit account fraud which KI will end up taking the fall because he will the one in charge while his father will get away with it. Smh smh smh how can you successfully run a company illegally and expect for everything to go well.

DS has completely lost it .

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8976b05e0d5fbedfb28a5

The ending was done perfectly . OTY about to open the results to the DNA test. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8976b05e0d5fbedfb28a5

Jung Hee is a complex character. She told SW she loves CTJ but  I don’t believe. I think she told herself she loves him but I don’t even see it because I have never seen them be chummy. Jung Hee seem so cold towards CTJ. Even with her father I can feel the love she has for her father. Ever since her sister pointed out the odd of her and SW falling for the same type of guy. Jung Hee hasn’t beeen able to stop thinking about him. After that talk she has with SW she was still amazed at the audacity of Shi Wol asking her not to hate OTY. She is still confused as to why Shi seol can’t forget him even though she told her about his past.  Her thinking that Shi Wol is the reason why he is out for revenge. I can’t wait to for her to find out the truth. Lol lol 

10 hours ago, O said:

When KI first learnt the truth, he wanted to tell his Grandpa and Mother the truth.  It was SW who stopped him.  She said for JM's sake, she would need him to stay on as the legitimate heir.  KI told his father this conversation with SW.  Recently, the writer made it look like the conversation never took place cos KI told his Dad that SW knows the truth so they had to be careful in dealing with her!  Actually the father even had a talk with SW about it. Writer has amnesia so make the characters look like they don't remember such important conversations! 

When KI discovered the truth about his birth, he thought that SW provided him the moral support he needed to get through it.  Hence I think he felt doubly betrayed by SW.    

I too may not a fan of Choi Sung-jae.  I don't 'defend' or 'attack'? characters based on whether I am their fan or not.  I don't remember 99.8% of the actors names or anything about them.  Once the series is over, they are out of my mind!  It is the character they portray that either gets my sympathy or make me itch to smack them!  And for this drama, as I mentioned earlier, I almost didn't watch the drama because I don't think highly of the main female lead's acting skills.  I watched it because I like the acting of the main lead.  Yet in this drama, she and JM are the only ones I root for.  But no way do I still consider her acting 'great'.  I still don't care all that much for YW's character.  

It is difficult to forget a good actor, because this will help to look forward to his next work :)

Choi Seung Jae (KI) is still new, this is his first important work 

I am unable to predict KI's ending, until now his father is the one who is committing real  crimes, so I don't think he will be spared. Do you think CTJ will end in jail? Most of you say that in kdrama there is no punishment but I disagree because I remember that Sena was sentenced to ten years imprisonment in Love till the end. KI is a weak person used by his father. I wish his father to be punished soon, but still we have to suffer from watching him :confounded: I really can't stand him

Archived