[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

love, love today's episode!

SW, well done, finally you are showing your fangs.

So MR got conned again by TJ - SW has been threatening him and KI with the fact that JM is both TY and SW's love child - and SW knew it all and all out for revenge. 

3 shrinking balloon moments for KI :naughty: - first one, when TY declared he will take over the sacred Jang's residence,:naughty: 2nd - when SW stopped him from manhandling TY in front of JH, and 3 bears lady, :naughty:3rd - when SW screamed at him that TY's is JH's son in their private screaming moments.. just love the look of toothless KI in those moments - but I love the actor, he is portraying his role well. In fact, I love all the cast - and did think this would have been a wonderful weekend drama.

SW - I think she did think she lost the camp mamma potential with JH, when JH declared she loves TJ now in an earlier episode, so she lost an ally. But 3-bears, I think is her hope. Someone mention possibility of her being SW's mum, and seriously I'm on board (there's one crazy drama I watched and the butler/secretary/whatever is the mom of the protagonist). Of all the ladies in the cast, SW and her are the coolest - in terms of temperament.

Crucial end of today's episode and preview

PS: Love that TY is thinking of SW and her actions now. He was a little hasty with his views of SW for the last 45 episodes..

Happy weekend all

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miran needs to just go now she wants DS to get pregnant again so TY wouldn’t leave her! This is beyond a joke now has she not realised what she done she already ruined TY life now she wants to force him to stay with her horrible daughter too!

I’m intrigued what Ms Yangs true intentions are she said that she thinks Choi is a horrible person so clearly she doesn’t really want to side with him. SW mother in law is also absolutely horrible HE JUST LOST A CHILD AND YOU GO AND HIT HIM!!! Then she goes and hits her daughter in law too, if her lover was still alive but she still had to marry a guy she doesn’t love bet she would behave like SW have lost all respect I had for her. Honestly, TY you don’t need a family like that full of contradictory, horrible people I mean the grandad ordered to kill him so could say a murderer too. SW and TY should just take Ji Min and move far away from everyone.

See that bear that the kid was holding for some reason I think it may have a listening device in it if it was gifted by Ms Yang or have a camera in, may be far stretched but it just seemed weird how he was looking at it.

ugh can’t wait for next week I need SW and TY to fight together! It was so nice how she stood up for him in your face Ki! And that little lunch talk they are growing closer together they truly love each other something KI and DS won’t have due to their parents evil deeds. 

SW is right how the heck do KI think he is? He isnt the real son he isn't the heir but he is getting angry at  TY he has zero right to touch him.

The only who should not be there is KI and his dad.

Also  in what world do  MTL think she has any rights over SW son who doe she think she is? 

I think the maid don't know where is Ji MIn. She really didn't go with Ji MIn until his destiny in US. SW is too confident with that people and her son is maybe in danger. What is she waiting to tell the truth to TY and his family? TY won't forgive her if he descover the tuth by himself.

24 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

I think the maid don't know where is Ji MIn. She really didn't go with Ji MIn until his destiny in US. SW is too confident with that people and her son is maybe in danger. What is she waiting to tell the truth to TY and his family? TY won't forgive her if he descover the tuth by himself.

I think he  will forgive her really she is   trying to protect  their son best she can right now it isnt a good situation at all enemies on  all sides and with TY little girl dying.

He already knows she having a hard time right now. Guess we have to wait and see!

@jayakris thankyou for explaining my confusion about the maids relative. I don’t think anyone else brought them up in the show. The last time they were brought up was in the café when the grandfather bumped into Set Byul for the first time. Shi Wol’s MiL hasn’t brought them up again with the maid so we will have to see if the subbers correct her as well. Regardless I don’t think that they will pose much of a threat to Mr. Sun unless the maid is okay with just taking over the empire and then not caring what happens to it later on ie selling said company to someone else and living of on said sale. So perhaps she may think that selling the company to Mr. Sun will be perfect for her revenge only to discover that he is the real grandson of that family as well. She will then try to sabotage said deal or something along the lines. That is if she is out for revenge or has some other agenda.

Now on to the drama itself.

Spoiler

@UnniSarah WoW that is actually a good theory. My only issue with is what role will her so called relative play. Are they simply a red herring to throw is of the track. Possible. Problem here is that if it does turn out to be her son in reality and the father was Jung Hee’s first love then the child has no real claim to the throne since the first love was not related to the grandfather by blood. The only way the child can claim any right to the company is if he is either grandson or son. This can be through the maid being his illegitimate daughter or that he had a fling with her. Somehow I doubt that the latter is the case. Plus, the way that I see it the maid clearly has feelings for the Fortune Teller. Though if your theory is correct I find it amusing that she and the MiL both seem to have feelings for the same guy again. Though if she wants revenge for Mr. Sun’s bio father it should be better explained. Sure we get her motivations but not her goals. We have seen for instance she is slowly eliminating any potential heir before they become too dangerous. Infact she has already hidden Jimin away.

Tae Joon is extremely smart in this way. Sending away Jimin won’t reduce the threat that he poses since Shi Wol can always bring Jimin later on to claim his inheritance. This would be an issue for him and his grandchildren down the line. Hiding Jimin away would still be better than killing of someone else again. Plus, even if Shi Wol were to reveal the truth it won’t be as effective if she doesn’t have her son. Mr. Sun is already married and any kid that he has would be under consideration at best but Shi Wol wouldn’t get anything. Also since Mr. Sun isn’t interested in Duck a kid is probably out of the question anytime soon and even if they do get one the age difference between the other potential heirs would also be a setback. So if Mr. Sun doesn’t have any more kids Tae Joon just needs to get rid of him. Probably this will also prevent the Grandfather to verify Shi Wol’s story and claim.

While we know that Tae Joon is the kind of person that will never keep his end of the bargain meaning he will still prevent Shi Wol to be with Jimin. This can be seen by the maid’s facial reaction when Shi Wol was talking to her in the latest episode and all. Though I have to wonder if he will even try to keep his end of the bargain. When Shi Wol asked him of how she would get full custody of her son he claimed that he would simply show a DNA test result between Jimin and Kwang Ill. Naturally they won’t be a match. Ofcourse this would mean that Shi Woll would take a serious blow to her reputation as they would consider her a frightening woman who tricked her husband to raise the child of another man (her first love). Also her having a kid before marriage might also become an issue. Plan is good if he actually does that but there is a problem with it as well. The grandfather personally did a DNA test with Jimin and thus confirmed that the child is his grandson. If Tae Joon goes along with his plan, then he will be exposed. Either he doesn’t know that the grandfather did a DNA test on Jimin already. Which I find a bit odd. True Shi Wol asked the grandfather to keep the test results a secret so it is possible that he still is in the dark because of this but then I find it odd that the Goof Troop are aware of this fact. Regardless I hope that he gets caught soon.

Miran is still selfish I see. I thought that she would change. She still cares more about her own daughter’s happiness than making amends to Mr. Sun. She wants to consider him as a son but she still isn’t doing justice to him by concealing everything. I still feel that she got a dose of Karma like Tae Joon thinking that Jimin was their blood only to discover that wasn’t the case. But this means that she will further try and prevent the two from ever meeting.

Things that I liked in the last episode were when Mr. Sun decided to finally go after Yangji Group and also wanted to learn more about his past. Shi Wol trying to protect him even infront of her current family from getting beat up even if it meant that she had to suffer more for it. I just wish that he had confided to her that Miran and Tae Joon knew each other. This would have helped her put the dots together. I am sure at this point she would have hopefully spilled the beans to him. A shame really as well as the fact that she hasn’t figured out Miran’s identity by now.

As for @UnniSarah‘s theory about the maid I am curious if that is the case then who exactly are the targets of her revenge. The grandfather really makes sense. Tae Joon? So far she doesn’t seem to get just how low the guy is since she was slightly surprised that he went as far as abduction in regards to Mr. Sun. Finally, what about Jung Hee. Is she also a target? If so why. Does she think that she forgot about her first love so easily and married Tae Joon to soon after her first love passed away or is she atleast loyal towards her. Is she actually purchasing those extra shares to secretly help her out when Tae Joon finally decides to make his move. Problem is that Tae Joon is already aware of those shares and we can be sure that he will threaten her once again to hand those over to him if all else fails. (unless she gives them to Jung Hee). Also has Shi Wol suddenly come under her revenge as well that is if she is loyal to Jung Hee. If she also thinks that Shi Wol has hurt her friend etc.. then it would make sense that she will think that Tae Joon is correct and try and keep Jimin away from her.

Frankly I am worried about Jimin and I don’t think that he is where everyone thinks that he is. He is being forced to lie to his family so that they don’t either suspect anything or they have him somewhere else every so often. That is why I think that Shi Wol should send someone first to locate him and then sneak away to him. Problem at this point is that she needs to do it fast because even Jung Hee has been involved at this point and she will do her best to keep Shi Wol separated from her son. She is just as much as a monster than the rest of her family.

Someone was mentioning about how Kwang Ill simply took her passport from the place where they made it and why she can’t simply wait for a new one to be made over there. For the later it isn’t possible since it takes a few days for your request to be processed and then made. This means that she can’t do that. As for the former it is possible to take someone else’s passport if they are family and you can prove your relationship to them. (needs to be immediate) I know this as a fact since I once had to pick up my mother’s passport from the embassy a few years’ back. At most I had to prove that I was my father’s son as his name was on her passport or was it the ID Card. Once I did that they gave it to me with no hassles. Though it might have helped that when my mother applied to renew her passport I was also the one that went with her to apply for it since my father was out of country that time. So it may have shown up on their record when I went to pick it up. Regardless in this case if he could have proven that he was her husband they probably wouldn’t have an issue handing over the passport to him. She should have probably told the passport people that she would have picked it up on her own and not to give it to anyone else. That might have worked but I can’t be sure. Regardless of all this she has the passport now since Kwang Ill gave it to her so she can leave anytime that she wants. Unfortunately, like I said she needs to take proper precautions before she does. I can see her MiL getting involved to prevent her from meeting her son at this point.

Shi Wol keeps threatening that if they mess with her or her son she will expose Tae Joon and Kwang Ill for the frauds that they are but she doesn’t. They all know that she can’t and that is why that threat is ineffective at this point. Remember Tae Joon is probably the only person who knows where Jimin really is (and the maid) and if he gets her to hide Jimin elsewhere if he is exposed or sends someone else to move him then Shi Wolls victory is done only partially. She may have gotten justice for Mr. Sun but at the same time she has lost everything.

Shi Wol also claims that she will leave now but will try and get Yangji Group later on but I really don’t see how. What are her plans to do this?

People have also mentioned that if everyone wants a happy ending that Kwang Ill has to die especially since he has no second female lead to fall back on since they are all taken. Jieun is already married and Duck is his sister. If that happens how would you want it to happen. The closest that I can come up with in how he can also redeem himself is through the following way.

Tae Joon has lost everything thanks to the actions of Mr. Sun and Shi Wol. So he decides to get his revenge on them by hurting them where it counts the most. This is by kidnapping Jimin and threating his life. Kwan Ill finds out about this and tries to save Jimin’s life because he still considers him his son. Unfortunately, while doing this he gets hurt badly resulting in his death. Tae Joon who has no really lost everything surrenders himself all the while full of regret. Now Kwang Ill can easily be beaten to death by thugs (perhaps when he declares himself to be Jimin’s father they think that he is Mr. Sun and they are under orders to kill Mr. Sun not realizing that this isn’t the case) or we can have Tae Joon try and run Jimin down (showing just what kind of monster he really is) Kwang Ill notices this just in time. So he rushes forward and saves Jimin at the cost of his own life. This way the main leads can feel sorry for him and forgive him as well. Atleast these are some of the few ways where is death could be meaningful I am sure there are more ways as well but I will have to think about them.

Either way I look forward to your theories and how he should die and what should be the fate of all the other characters in this show. Should they all get a happy ending or just a few of them and if so who and why, anyway that will be all from my end. Take care all of you and keep posting.

@joan0528 Oh he didn't return her passport. Thanks for that info. will have to go and rewatch said episode. But from what it looked like to me it seemed like he found out that she had reapplied for a new passport and had taken it and then gave her said passport telling her that it was no use even if she applied for a new one since he could always do the same thing again. He then tried to persuade her to hold on leaving till after he became the successor then he would gladly let her go. I need to go and rewatch said episode again though for confirmation.

I don't think that it will matter whether or not Kwang Ill becomes the successor if Shi Wol can expose him. Koreans are big on bloodline in these dramas (can't say for the actual Koreans) so her revealing said fact will probably cause a scandal. So even if he can't be kicked out since he owns the company the company will be effected by this revelation, stock prices are going to probably go down. This might all end up helping Mr. Sun take over said company later on down the line or someone else. Then again the shares distribution might be different when he becomes the successor since he has his own company as well. In other words it is in Tae Joon to keep the parents separated for as long as possible to keep control of the situation.

Hopefully Mr. Sun can prevent the merger from happening. How that happens remains to be seen. Perhaps the Goof Troop can help him accidentally ofcourse. Wait did someone come up with the theory that one of the Goof Troop members might be Shi Wol's Bio mother. that might be an interesting outcome. (Jieun's MiL) but how that could happen is a bit beyond me. Being a drama I wouldn't say no to the possibility but I am having a hard time picturing that. Why would her mother abandon her like that. Not only that but even with such a reveal I don't see how she could help Shi Wol. We have already seen that she has little to no power in that family so I doubt that she could protect Shi Wol in anyway. Heck she can't even protect her own son. If Shi Wols mother ever shows up I would rather prefer that they are from a powerful family as well and that they can fight against Yangji Group.

well need to run for now. will be back for more later on. take care till then. Sorry about the rush.

After watching episode 53 I am at loss for words. The writer is definetely bringing them back together. OTY had some word to say about MR Jung. It seems that Mr Jung predictions are real. I think OTY finding out the truth on his own is best. He will be able to undestand how his life came to be and why??? Sure there will be casaulties , it is needed because this is a KDrama after all. 

Jimni isn't where CTJ says he is. Everyone has been lied to about his whereabouts. I also don't think Jimni will be returned to SW which is where CTJ biggest mistake will be. Ofcourse KI being the loser that he is will always trust his father no matter what when his father is the reasonw why he is suffering so much. The maid (Yang Nam-Kyung) guilty expression says it all. 

Beautiful Moment 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here is the E54 preview blurb from KBS:  태양은 정도인을 찾아가 자신과 사주가 같은 사람이 최광일인지 묻고, 덕실은 태양이 자신을 떠날까 봐 불안해 빨리 둘째를 갖자고 말한다. 한편, 태준은 태양이 합병을 반대하고 나서자, 지민을 볼모로 시월에게 태양을 설득하라고 말하는데.... 

Translation: As TY visits Mr. Jeong Do In and asks if the person with the same birth-horoscope is KI, DS gets worried that TY would leave her, and talks about having a second child quickly.  Meanwhile, with TY opposing the merger, CTJ asks SW to prevail upon TY, as JiMin is a hostage.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:19 AM, aidaladida said:

SW - I think she did think she lost the camp mamma potential with JH, when JH declared she loves TJ now in an earlier episode, so she lost an ally. But 3-bears, I think is her hope. Someone mention possibility of her being SW's mum, and seriously I'm on board (there's one crazy drama I watched and the butler/secretary/whatever is the mom of the protagonist). Of all the ladies in the cast, SW and her are the coolest - in terms of temperament.

@aidaladida Great theory and I remember that drama. Now if this theory is true , this will be DAEBAK!! Lol lol 

Spoiler

HIDE AND SEEK  with Lee Yu Ri 

@yamiyugi I wish they would tell us already what the maid is after and her motives. 

If this preview is accurate 

I will be so pissed if SW does do what CTJ want. But then again if she does and finds out about his second kidnapping and how CTJ was behind the death of his daughter. What will she do? @jayakris Thanks you for the translation. 

21 minutes ago, joan0528 said:
33 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

If this preview is accurate, I will be so pissed if SW does do what CTJ want. But then again if she does and finds out about his second kidnapping and how CTJ was behind the death of his daughter. What will she do? @jayakris Thanks you for the translation. 

Thats the translation said i think they going to use jimin to talk to TY not to interfer in the merger after all TY is close to jimin..but i also dont knoe how can jimin presuade TY when TY lost his daughter already because of CTJ..Hayzz this is a little bit complicated if they use a child to get what they want..

SW SW SW please wake up from your dream that you can take jimin after the merger you dont know what your enemy has in mind..

Actually the preview was very ambiguously written (deliberately so, I assume).  They just said 지민을 볼모로 which could mean anything.  It means "via/through/using hostage JiMin".  Not clear if he will openly tell SW that JM is a hostage, or try to get JM to talk to SW.  Probably neither.  He may just hint that JM is under his control and that SW may never see him if she doesn't comply.  I hope SW stays strong through this and resists.  But she may not have too many options either.

One correction in the translation above -- I missed one item.  It said TY asks Mr. Jeong whether KI is the one with the same DOB/horoscope.  Not "who it is".  Corrected above.

Today's highlight (ep 54)

1.  DK brings up the topic of having another kid and Ty flatly refuses since every one he has loved has gone away from him.  

2.  TY speaks with Mr. Jung and finds out more of who he might be.  

3.  He has a server at the cafe record the conversation between CTJ and IMR where they talk about KI being their son.

4. The rich money lender finds out that IMR has a boyfriend.  (probably he will follow her on one of the outings that she seems to be having every so often).

5.  OTY is not allowing the merger between Logis Constuction and some holding company.

6.  DK knows that JM is OTY and SW son.

Archived